Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? 04:05 - Nov 1 with 3306 viewsDominic1983

Great win yesterday and much needed points but I can’t get over that Masterson handball. The guy was no where near goal, to deliberately throw your hand at the ball like that in front of ref with a one goal lead and 5 mins to go was so incredibly stupid. I think it wins the prize. Debating whether can trust him in a QPR shirt again.
What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 14:16 - Nov 1 with 1145 viewsfrancisbowles

That was one mad moment from Masterson yesterday and he will have been massively relieved than we got three points and not one or none, which seemed likely.

Hopefully, as no real eventual damage was done, he can put it behind him and we will forgive and not castigate for more normal errors that he will inevitably make, as all defenders do, from now on.

As for other mad moments and Coney being mentioned, Hugill had several poor misses last season including one that he put over from virtually being under the crossbar.
What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 14:22 - Nov 1 with 1127 viewsHantsR

Rodney simply leaping up and catching a crossed ball that he was unable to get his head to - Barry Bridges and I think, Ian Morgan were better placed and weren't impressed.
What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 15:16 - Nov 1 with 1075 viewsPlanetHonneywood

John Spencer chipping the Bury home end from just inside the six yard box.

That quite ridiculous roll by Mbia at home to Villa I think. On another day he’d have broken his neck.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 15:39 - Nov 1 with 1052 viewsdodge_stoke_r

In a way, i see Dick Bartons thinking that he knew he was off at Man City so try to goad a City player into reacting to take him off with him. But away at Hull a few years ago. He just flicked a Hull player in the bollox. Off he goes. What was he thinking?
What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 16:05 - Nov 1 with 1020 viewsMyke

Harsh on Masterson in the context of him being a complete novice, with only a handful of games under his bet. For me, Barbet's crime was far greater, as a vastly experienced championship player to repeating the same old 'dive in' the that Clive had already highlighted in a previous match report. We are annoyed at Dickie (another novice) for being 'handsy' but Barbet a far greater liability imo. I was kind of hoping that Warburton would drop Barbet when Dickie returned, but I guess the handball has put paid to that

Dunno about the dumbest and not a QPR player, but for me, one of the most amusing things to happen to a footballer, was Gerard's slip which allowed Ba to score the winner for Chelsea and deny Liverpool the title
What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 16:13 - Nov 1 with 1007 viewsBrixtonR

What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 10:39 - Nov 1 by distortR

i remember another Tony Sealy miss - can't remember who it was against but we were on MOTD because most other fixtures had been called off and we played on with wild abandon because of our astro, a Mike Flanagan shot was going in, Sealy slid in to get the final touch, the ball bobbled up, hit his feet, ran up his leg and away from the goal.

Wallace leaving Godden at coventry - a real 'why'moment for me, especially as it wasn't an instinctive throwing up of the hand (Which is still a big 'why?'), a lash out, but done over a few seconds.

I think the Tony Sealy miss that both of you are thinking of was v Barnsley in 1981 (from 6.10)...home game before Chelsea on boxing day, fkn Micky fkn Droy.....

I'd say Barton v Norwich, Man City and Hull the cnt

Oh and all of them on 20/4/86 though that date has now been expunged from the Gregorian calendar.

is that Discharge tune a cover version of this ? or vice versa

What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 16:18 - Nov 1 with 1002 viewsterryb

It wasn't a Rangers player who carried out the dumbest thing I've seen on a pitch.

Chesham United had reached the First Round of the FA Cup for the first time in their history & had a horrible draw away to Enfield (the best "amateur" team in the country). For 40 minutes Chesham had outplayed them & it was just a matter of when we'd score.

Suddenly we cleared a corner & had a 3 on 1 break when the ref blew his whistle stopping our attack. Our right back (Dave Richards) had thumped an Enfield player in the penalty area. A sending off & a penalty that was converted. From about to go in front, it was down to ten men & behind.

We ended up being stuffed!
What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 16:23 - Nov 1 with 988 viewsDorse

Rob Green clearing the ball direct to the Chelsea winger and wondering why he's picking the ball out of his net 10 seconds later.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 16:31 - Nov 1 with 973 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 14:22 - Nov 1 by HantsR

Rodney simply leaping up and catching a crossed ball that he was unable to get his head to - Barry Bridges and I think, Ian Morgan were better placed and weren't impressed.

Hants,

That's the point exactly. Any player can make a mistake, so Masterson should view it that way, cut himself a break and resolve to learn from it and move on.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 16:41 - Nov 1 with 952 viewsHAYESBOY

Remember Nygaard getting two yellows, one for taking his shirt off.

Barton v Norwich with Johnson.

Smells like a trout farm in here

What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 17:23 - Nov 1 with 905 viewssprocket

What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 07:48 - Nov 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Barton by a mile.

In fairness Barton has more than one entry in this competition
What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 17:25 - Nov 1 with 902 viewsstowmarketrange

What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 16:23 - Nov 1 by Dorse

Rob Green clearing the ball direct to the Chelsea winger and wondering why he's picking the ball out of his net 10 seconds later.

He obviously knew it would earn him a one year deal at their place a few years later.To be fair to him though,most of our defence didn’t react to his dodgy kick and allowed them the space to score.
What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 17:48 - Nov 1 with 880 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 17:23 - Nov 1 by sprocket

In fairness Barton has more than one entry in this competition

True!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 11:22 - Nov 2 with 714 viewsPinnerPaul

Can't remember who it was exactly - but we were drawing at home to Liverpool - seconds to go - we had a free kick just outside their area.

If we had taken a shot, in or not - that was it game over. We put in a floaty cross to no one, Liverpool clear go up the other end where Caulker scored an OG - game over.

Bosingwa's attempted double step over late in 1st half up at Aston Villa from which they scored was another one!

So many when you think about it - Furlong's late late foul v Rotherham - they scored from the fk in the last seconds wasn't too clever either!

Samba ( think) late foul v Wigan - they scored from the fk - last seconds again!

Like Clive, Wells' missed pen v Birmingham STILL gets me!
What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 12:37 - Nov 2 with 659 viewstimcocking

That handball by Masterson, unless you're talking about that prick Cisse.
What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 12:44 - Nov 2 with 655 viewswestberksr

What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 11:22 - Nov 2 by PinnerPaul

Can't remember who it was exactly - but we were drawing at home to Liverpool - seconds to go - we had a free kick just outside their area.

If we had taken a shot, in or not - that was it game over. We put in a floaty cross to no one, Liverpool clear go up the other end where Caulker scored an OG - game over.

Bosingwa's attempted double step over late in 1st half up at Aston Villa from which they scored was another one!

So many when you think about it - Furlong's late late foul v Rotherham - they scored from the fk in the last seconds wasn't too clever either!

Samba ( think) late foul v Wigan - they scored from the fk - last seconds again!

Like Clive, Wells' missed pen v Birmingham STILL gets me!

think it was Mbia vs Wigan as he committed the exact same foul 5 minutes earlier to let the Wigan player get his eye in
What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 13:33 - Nov 2 with 632 viewsdenhamhoop2

Nygaard shooting from our half at Watford or Assou Ekotto doing a Cruyff turn in our box losing the ball for Burnley to score
What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 15:15 - Nov 2 with 596 viewsGroveR

What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 16:41 - Nov 1 by HAYESBOY

Remember Nygaard getting two yellows, one for taking his shirt off.

Barton v Norwich with Johnson.

I'm no fan of Le Joéy but that was world-class shìthousery by Johnson and the officials bought it without bothering to determine what actually happened.
What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 17:16 - Nov 2 with 541 viewsloftboy

What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 15:15 - Nov 2 by GroveR

I'm no fan of Le Joéy but that was world-class shìthousery by Johnson and the officials bought it without bothering to determine what actually happened.

From the west paddock I actually saw Barton attempt to butt Johnson, I turned to the bloke behind me and said what I’d seen, maybe it’s twenty years a ref helps me see stuff others don’t, but the laws of the game say strike or attempt to strike a due definitely moved his head towards Johnson in an aggressive manner.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 18:11 - Nov 2 with 500 viewsHamptonR

What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 17:16 - Nov 2 by loftboy

From the west paddock I actually saw Barton attempt to butt Johnson, I turned to the bloke behind me and said what I’d seen, maybe it’s twenty years a ref helps me see stuff others don’t, but the laws of the game say strike or attempt to strike a due definitely moved his head towards Johnson in an aggressive manner.

Ref vision, is a thing then. We all saw what Monsieur Barton did but it was what went on before that was missed or ignored by the officials.
Had the ref acted, Barton may not of reacted, but then, thinking about it he probably would of anyway.
What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 19:35 - Nov 2 with 473 viewsGroveR

What’s the most dumb thing you’ve ever seen a QPR player do on the pitch? on 17:16 - Nov 2 by loftboy

I'd have no problem with the card if the ref or linesman in front of the Paddock had actually seen it either. They didn't and guessed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024