Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread 01:17 - Nov 21 with 24303 viewsBoston

Us 2 dem 0

Still laugh to this day remembering the days (40 odd years ago), that they were going to turn us over at Vicarage Rd. The comments the following week😀

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 15:51 - Nov 21 with 1818 viewsR_from_afar

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 15:15 - Nov 21 by ted_hendrix

Gonna be a long hard season.

When isn't it, Ted?

It's what we do. It does make the wins, and the last ditch equalisers, all the sweeter, though!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 15:51 - Nov 21 with 1814 viewsMalintabuk

Not sure how we are saying Watford are poor they look decent and to be honest apart from the Ball chance where Foster made a good save they been by far the better team and for the money they cost so they should be
Saying that we are trying and at our level that is about it compared to Watford
Be lovely to nick a point but I can just see Watford closing this down and perhaps nicking another or even 2.
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 15:51 - Nov 21 with 1809 viewsMatch82

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 15:50 - Nov 21 by CliveWilsonSaid

He’s a patchy player. Some good, some not so good so you can always pick holes in his performances if you really want to.

He’s giving his all and we need him so can’t see the point in having a go at him

I missed the first half hour during which I gather carroll was not good. But he actually looked decent during the 15 that I saw.

Also: whoever does watfords scouting should be fired immediately, of all the teams that you don't want to take short corners against I'd imagine we are top of the list!
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 15:52 - Nov 21 with 1795 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 15:49 - Nov 21 by ted_hendrix

Can we please see Willock get 45 minutes on the pitch?

I was thinking that. We’ve got some options on the bench and we’re far from out of this.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 15:52 - Nov 21 with 1790 viewsPinnerPaul

Think we've played OK going forward. One Ben Foster save away from an equaliser.

We've also had one off the line and should have scored from a BOS cross.

Against that they seem to be getting into us too easily and Dieng has made a couple of good saves himself.

Not read the rest of thread about the goal, but Carroll gave the ball away in the first place, complete miskick by Masterson and Ball (I think) didn't track his man - absolute mess of a goal that one.

Could still get a point out of this, but can see Watford scoring again tbh.
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 15:53 - Nov 21 with 1773 viewsjoolsyp

0-1 h/t. I thought that was an enjoyable half if you ignore Conor's brain-fart in the 3rd min. Both teams very open. Bonne should have scored for us, Ball nearly scored and Barbet was close with the free-kick. Chair's movement causing them problems and Bright's pace down the right. Wallace really struggling with Firminio on the left though. This game def has more goals in it, next goal is crucial.
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 15:55 - Nov 21 with 1726 viewseastside_r

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 15:52 - Nov 21 by PinnerPaul

Think we've played OK going forward. One Ben Foster save away from an equaliser.

Against that they seem to be getting into us too easily and Dieng has made a couple of good saves himself.

Not read the rest of thread about the goal, but Carroll gave the ball away in the first place, complete miskick by Masterson and Ball (I think) didn't track his man - absolute mess of a goal that one.

Next goal crucial.
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 15:55 - Nov 21 with 1715 viewsbosh67

It seems that our word count for 'goal conceded from corner and/or set piece' now exceeds the total words in War And Peace.

It's very difficult to play in empty grounds of course but we just don't seem to have the energy, confidence or imagination in this squad as we did before the lockdown. It is hard I know but it just feels like there's not the togetherness there was last season. It may be that there are a lot of players trying to settle in and under these circumstances they're struggling. Plus it's not much help having Dykes play a ton of internationals at our expense.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 15:57 - Nov 21 with 1658 viewsGreenbay

Could someone tell Nick London and Andy Sinton that on the official QPR+ stream - Sinton's half-time comments are cut almost immediately short by the advertising. By the time the advert has finished it's all quiet and we never know what Sinton has said. This happens in every streamed match. Of course it's not helped by QPR 1-nil down after another sloppy conceded goal. But after that they did play reasonably well.
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 15:57 - Nov 21 with 1649 viewsPinnerPaul

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 15:45 - Nov 21 by qprd

Two poorly coached teams ....

Can you not at least wait until 5.00pm?
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 15:59 - Nov 21 with 1597 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 15:52 - Nov 21 by PinnerPaul

It wasn't Ball's man, PP. Not sure whose man yet, but certainly not Ball's.

edit. Either way, Masterson should have cleared it.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 15:59]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 15:59 - Nov 21 with 1597 viewsSuperhoop83

I think Carroll has played well but I'm clearly in the minority.

We need to go at them more. Bring on Willock and go for it.

Suffering since 1978.

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 15:59 - Nov 21 with 1581 viewsA40Bosh

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 15:53 - Nov 21 by joolsyp

0-1 h/t. I thought that was an enjoyable half if you ignore Conor's brain-fart in the 3rd min. Both teams very open. Bonne should have scored for us, Ball nearly scored and Barbet was close with the free-kick. Chair's movement causing them problems and Bright's pace down the right. Wallace really struggling with Firminio on the left though. This game def has more goals in it, next goal is crucial.

I’d agree with much of that.
However I’m also getting frustrated with Chair and his lack of end product. It’s as if he receives the ball and starts looking for a blind alley to run down, like it’s more important to his game that he just takes players on rather than find an early cross.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 16:00 - Nov 21 with 1572 viewsTHEBUSH

Going one down after 3 minutes, is sh@t.

I'm struggling to what to say next, grrrr.

Why us ?
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 16:02 - Nov 21 with 1518 viewsngbqpr

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 15:46 - Nov 21 by qprd

He’s had a mixed game but he’s given the ball away a lot..... also, Jesus Christ how left footed is he?

About as left footed as most players are right footed

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 16:04 - Nov 21 with 1454 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 15:59 - Nov 21 by A40Bosh

I’d agree with much of that.
However I’m also getting frustrated with Chair and his lack of end product. It’s as if he receives the ball and starts looking for a blind alley to run down, like it’s more important to his game that he just takes players on rather than find an early cross.

I also agree with joolsy's post, Bosh.

And with your comment on Chair. he's played ok so far and has been at the heart of most of our good moments but he's low in confidence and sometimes dallies when he shouldn't and sometimes (conversely) is slow to take his man on. There was a moment when he was on the left, we were all camped in the box (Not me and you, but our team), he had a one-on-one with Capoue and would not take him on, backing away for about five seconds and looking for the back ball that he eventually got. Low on confidence.

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 16:04 - Nov 21 with 1440 viewstimcocking

I don't feel like we're anywhere resembling our best players in the correct positions at the moment. Something very disjointed, not just today.

Also, this fascination for playing in our own area...it's absolute bollox. Yet again deserved to cost us a grade 1 calamity goal. Bloody simple; keep possession, but not when double marked in your own penalty area.

And also, when a player takes a corner kick at either end, somebody should try Moving when the ball is still in the air (or before)...
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 16:04 - Nov 21 with 1436 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Niko's coming on for Wallace.

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 16:04 - Nov 21 with 1421 viewsMatch82

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 16:02 - Nov 21 by ngbqpr

About as left footed as most players are right footed

It seems more than that, but maybe it's because our brains are tuned to expect people to be kicking with their right foot and so it registers more as an outlier every time he does it
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 16:05 - Nov 21 with 1385 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Deeney and Pedro and Quina for Pedro and Gray.

We're underway.

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 16:07 - Nov 21 with 1325 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 16:04 - Nov 21 by Match82

It seems more than that, but maybe it's because our brains are tuned to expect people to be kicking with their right foot and so it registers more as an outlier every time he does it

I don't think he's especially one-footed but I'm a left-footer (a cuiteóg, in Irish) so I might be tuned differently as you say.

I'll watch that, now that you say it.

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 16:07 - Nov 21 with 1323 viewsted_hendrix

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 16:05 - Nov 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Deeney and Pedro and Quina for Pedro and Gray.

We're underway.

Deeney oh no.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 16:07 - Nov 21 with 1319 viewsqprd

Did Dom ball just try to do the dele Alli Crystal Palace ?
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 16:08 - Nov 21 with 1302 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 16:07 - Nov 21 by ted_hendrix

Deeney oh no.

I know, Ted. I know, baby.

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 16:08 - Nov 21 with 1268 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Barbet gives a free away. 30 out on our left.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024