Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? 17:34 - Dec 5 with 6257 viewsted_hendrix

C'mon for crying out loud we're going backwards, week on week or so It seems I'm never one for conspiracy theories but I'm convinced that there's something wrong behind the scenes.
I do my best not to over react after defeats but I'm at a loss tonight after that performance.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 17:50 - Dec 5 with 3325 viewsGloucs_R

Balance the books, sell the club? It's that what they are doing?

We can't compete longer term like this. Not if we want to be competitive.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 18:10 - Dec 5 with 3255 viewsTGRRRSSS

It looks rather gloomy, but arent we normally shite upp north???
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 18:10 - Dec 5 with 3252 viewsBobbi66

Awful being a QPR fan,can't remember the last time I went into a game thinking we'd win
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 18:11 - Dec 5 with 3245 viewsted_hendrix

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 17:50 - Dec 5 by Gloucs_R

Balance the books, sell the club? It's that what they are doing?

We can't compete longer term like this. Not if we want to be competitive.

I don't know anymore.

Honestly don't, look I'm well experienced in watching us lose games going back to the late Fifties, Always got over it by the next day, always looked at the positives even in defeat, always looked forward to the next game.

But Christ on a bike what on earth was that today? For the first time in my stupid life I'm in the mood to tell the club to go and f uck themselves.

Stupidly (maybe) I believe Warburton should not be sacked, I don't think I could handle another Manager change.

Something has definitely gone awry behind the scenes unless I'm going completely OTT.

Never felt this bad about a defeat before, losses I can deal with but today seems somehow different.

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 18:13 - Dec 5 with 3227 viewsted_hendrix

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 18:10 - Dec 5 by TGRRRSSS

It looks rather gloomy, but arent we normally shite upp north???

Tom I've been to watch us at Huddersfield where we won an evening cup game replay, If we were playing Huddersfield today in the South of France we would have lost.

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 18:20 - Dec 5 with 3183 viewsParkRoyalR

We need firstly to shore up the defence, then need some athleticism, stamina to last beyond 40 minutes, defenders who can sense danger early and midfielders who can put a tackle in.

I'm also at a loss as not sure some of our defenders can play in a flat back 4 including Barbet, Kane, Hamalainen as they are not natural defenders, they likely ended up in those positions as as their attacking game was n't good enough to play further up the pitch as they progressed through the ranks.

Also not sure we can afford the luxury of Chair, BO'S and LTC all in the same 11.

So with the players we have, I would go 5-3-2 with:

Kakay / Masterson / Dickie / Barbet / Niko
BOS / Bettache / Chair
Adomah / Dykes

I think Kakay + Niko have the athleticism needed, Bettache is quick across the ground and will put his foot in, and Chair and Dykes are both good with the ball at their feet so can link up well, with hopefully BO'S and Adomah likewise linking up well on the right.

Left side is weaker defensively that the right but hopefully Barbet being a natural left sided Centre Half can up his defensive game and protect Niko.

Masterson and Bettache are inexperienced, but from what I've seen of them, they have desire and where we are right now, I'll take that.
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 18:36 - Dec 5 with 3103 viewsessextaxiboy

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 18:20 - Dec 5 by ParkRoyalR

We need firstly to shore up the defence, then need some athleticism, stamina to last beyond 40 minutes, defenders who can sense danger early and midfielders who can put a tackle in.

I'm also at a loss as not sure some of our defenders can play in a flat back 4 including Barbet, Kane, Hamalainen as they are not natural defenders, they likely ended up in those positions as as their attacking game was n't good enough to play further up the pitch as they progressed through the ranks.

Also not sure we can afford the luxury of Chair, BO'S and LTC all in the same 11.

So with the players we have, I would go 5-3-2 with:

Kakay / Masterson / Dickie / Barbet / Niko
BOS / Bettache / Chair
Adomah / Dykes

I think Kakay + Niko have the athleticism needed, Bettache is quick across the ground and will put his foot in, and Chair and Dykes are both good with the ball at their feet so can link up well, with hopefully BO'S and Adomah likewise linking up well on the right.

Left side is weaker defensively that the right but hopefully Barbet being a natural left sided Centre Half can up his defensive game and protect Niko.

Masterson and Bettache are inexperienced, but from what I've seen of them, they have desire and where we are right now, I'll take that.

I would not select BOS again until he signs a contract , if he doesnt sign he is going and we will have to play without him anyway .

I would start that process now using Willock , Thomas , Adomah and if we dont replace him get Smyth back for cover . I would also start Bonne for a few games , Dykes cant seem to hold the ball up and he is not the quickest and according to the manager he is tired .

After standing on with Manning and Lumley it makes me think maybe he is under pressure to select BOS which would be disruptive to a dressing room .
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 18:54 - Dec 5 with 3008 viewsParkRoyalR

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 18:36 - Dec 5 by essextaxiboy

I would not select BOS again until he signs a contract , if he doesnt sign he is going and we will have to play without him anyway .

I would start that process now using Willock , Thomas , Adomah and if we dont replace him get Smyth back for cover . I would also start Bonne for a few games , Dykes cant seem to hold the ball up and he is not the quickest and according to the manager he is tired .

After standing on with Manning and Lumley it makes me think maybe he is under pressure to select BOS which would be disruptive to a dressing room .

Agree on BO'S, as with 5-3-2, Thomas or Willock are both options in that position

I like Dykes and think his hold up play is decent but players just need to get closer to him, if we had 4 defenders who could play in a flat back 4, I'd love to see Chair in the 10 playing just behind Dykes, think there's goals in that pairing.

Bettache is the key for me, someone quick, strong in the tackle who can break up play and move the ball quickly 10 yards to Chair / LTC etc - as someone posted recently how Luongo would improve this team!
Login to get fewer ads

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 19:11 - Dec 5 with 2902 viewskensalriser

A couple of times people have observed that Chair and BOS don't seem to want to pass to Dykes. If true, that sounds like a toxic situation that hasn't been addressed.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 19:16 - Dec 5 with 2880 viewsgazza1

There were not many who played well today, most of them were poor, Who you blame for that is your choice but the actual players need to look at themselves imo. Not sure what the Manager could do really.
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 19:21 - Dec 5 with 2848 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 19:16 - Dec 5 by gazza1

There were not many who played well today, most of them were poor, Who you blame for that is your choice but the actual players need to look at themselves imo. Not sure what the Manager could do really.

Agreed. I thought Warburton had a shocker today but the players were abysmal too, bar Dieng and possibly Dickie.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 19:29 - Dec 5 with 2803 viewsParkRoyalR

It took me a long long time to appreciate what Luongo brought to the team,

But seeing how he played in his final season with us and having no one now who can effectively:

1) break up play
2) travel with the ball at pace through the middle of the park
and even
3) hit the backrow of the Upper Loft with every shot (joke! Barbet's covered that one!)

I'm putting all my hope on Bettache as there's no other option, at least until January.
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 19:34 - Dec 5 with 2788 viewsBostonR

A few of us commented that we had seen performances like Bristol City, probably 10-12 times over the past two seasons. Let’s be honest, over the past 4-5 seasons we have seen performances like today.

For me, our current problems are down to the manager. Stuff from previous clubs alluding to him having no plan B are obviously true. He seems incapable of getting a team to defend in a disciplined manner, opting for a glorified game of five-a-side every week. Great when it works.

However, most Championship teams have rumbled him and press us relentlessly. They know he does not have the where withal to change it - he lacks the tactical nouse. It was all laid out today - he could not change the set-up other than like-for-like subs.

It’s a pivotal moment for us. I suspect something is going on behind the scenes at the club - his future. Big call for Les and the team.
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 19:36 - Dec 5 with 2774 viewsTGRRRSSS

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 18:13 - Dec 5 by ted_hendrix

Tom I've been to watch us at Huddersfield where we won an evening cup game replay, If we were playing Huddersfield today in the South of France we would have lost.

Yeah I know Ted, the problem is I don't expect us to win anything anymore, we look so incompetent at times and in many ways I think it goes beyond the manager to a kind of defeatism being espoused from above, based in part of FFP.

Us being the only club ever truly hammered for it (still think Sheff WEd will get out of it)

That being said we'll win a game or 2.

For me the BOS case it typical, even trying to do the right thing, we stuff it up in terms of develope and sell..

Football!.
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 19:58 - Dec 5 with 2688 viewsVancouverHoop

The players seem so concerned about playing to a system that they've lost all individual spontaneity. That factor seems largely to have left the building with Eze, but we used to see it in other players too. Remember Toni Leistner's occasional random galloping runs upfield? Dom Ball's done it too. Freeman always played with a buccaneering swagger that's gone now. It's those qualities that can change games.

This team doesn't lack talent but they're playing with fear. We lost today's match with three minutes gone, no one was angry enough to say "f**k this for a lark," throw caution to the wind and make something, anything, happen (provided it's legal!)

A system should be a framework, not a strait-jacket, and right now our lot look like they're waiting for someone else to do something when things go wrong. Is there such a thing as over-coaching? I dunno, but if so perhaps that's the problem
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 20:23 - Dec 5 with 2614 viewsted_hendrix

We just can't change the Manager again like I said earlier I couldn't take another Managerial change.

Having said that what's the benchmark when you say 'that's it' out the door you go.

These are Warburton's players, his team and today apart from our GK none of them turned up, there's a reason for that and I don't know what it is.

Look I've given up and 'binned' the Millwall game and as for next Saturday, oh my good gawd no, those bastards will pull us to pieces.

Never been so pissed off with the club.

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 20:31 - Dec 5 with 2585 viewswelwynranger

16 matches 17 points Nuff said
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 21:32 - Dec 5 with 2408 views2Thomas2Bowles

The way it's going we will have the best training ground of any L1 Club
Something to be proud of.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 21:35 - Dec 5 with 2397 viewsozexile

Oh for a big ugly Centre Back. Someone like Leistner maybe?
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 21:41 - Dec 5 with 2365 viewsthame_hoops

If anyone other than ‘Ted Hendrix’ had posted this thread, it would’ve been “down arrowed” massively!
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 21:54 - Dec 5 with 2306 viewsRangersw12

QPR playing shite up north in December shocker

We've been doing this for decades under loads of different managers
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 21:55 - Dec 5 with 2298 viewsted_hendrix

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 21:41 - Dec 5 by thame_hoops

If anyone other than ‘Ted Hendrix’ had posted this thread, it would’ve been “down arrowed” massively!

What are you on about?

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 21:58 - Dec 5 with 2288 viewsQPR_John

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 19:16 - Dec 5 by gazza1

"Not sure what the Manager could do really."

Unfortunately it appears neither does he.
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 22:01 - Dec 5 with 2276 viewsDavieQPR

I think it is the tactics that have to change. For quite a while now they have proven not to work. We have a couple of good wingers so why do we need wing backs constantly bombing forward and getting caught out of position. We don't need two defensive midfielders if we don't use wing backs. Carroll could then push further forward and pass nearer the opposition goal. We also need to practice our defensive marking. Will Warburton admit that the wheels have come off and try something different? That is the big question.
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 22:17 - Dec 5 with 2194 viewsdistortR

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 21:55 - Dec 5 by ted_hendrix

What are you on about?

i've down arrowed you to appease the other bloke.
no other reason.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024