Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? 17:34 - Dec 5 with 6282 viewsted_hendrix

C'mon for crying out loud we're going backwards, week on week or so It seems I'm never one for conspiracy theories but I'm convinced that there's something wrong behind the scenes.
I do my best not to over react after defeats but I'm at a loss tonight after that performance.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 22:23 - Dec 5 with 1749 viewsbosh67

For me we have to go back to 3-5-2 and play the three CBs and look for a much more authoritative and experienced CB from somewhere. Christ knows from where but somewhere.

I thought the idea was to try and get Dykes and Bonne playing together in a front two. Neither have enough experience at this level to play the one up front. It's not working and it's unfair on both players. Our 4 strikers have hardly any experience between them at this level so we'll kill their confidence playing them as a solo striker. Fine with Wells and Hugill, they were far more experienced.

We need to crowd midfields and be far more physical in that area and play the two genuine wide players to feed the two strikers.

I know Warbs can't see us getting another striker in (I would take a peripheral prem striker on loan) but if not then he has to play 2 up front given their lack of experience.

That's my 10ps worth.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 22:24 - Dec 5 with 1745 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 21:41 - Dec 5 by thame_hoops

If anyone other than ‘Ted Hendrix’ had posted this thread, it would’ve been “down arrowed” massively!

Why, Thame?

I think it's a reasonable enough post. We are going backwards at the moment and I think it's fair to wonder of there are problems behind the scenes. BOS didn't try a leg today, for example, and I thought that Chair and Dykes looked frustrated and demoralised.

The OP's not calling for a sacking, just stating his disillusionment, which I think is fair.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 22:24 - Dec 5 with 1745 viewsLazyFan

In this game, we had a blatant weak spot and straight away they knew the weak point too. It was this if their LB bombs forward Kane has no help and is left isolated 2 v Kane.

There are two options to stop that, either BOS falls back which means he can no longer be a long ball outlet, which he uses to turn his man and cause havoc or Cameron or LTC have to come across and drop in there and help Kane out.

None of this happened as this is not LTC's game and Cameron had rings run around him during the entire game. Apart from one great tackle in the box, he did nothing but let wave after wave of Huddersfield's attacks happen.

Even if we do not count the weakness in the team on the day what I saw today was that the midfield was way too open. They went through it like a hot knife through butter. It was too easy to get at the QPR defence (who I thought tried their best to contain it). We can see it was too easy as when we tried to attack via the middle their team, they closed it up real quick, yet they could do attack after attack against us.

This is not a defence problem, it is a midfield one. To solve the long term issue, we need to possibly do
a regrettable and boring but needed approach of the old Hollerway two banks of behind the ball at all times. With two hard tacklers in the middle. We have to do this as we do not have the players to play Warbs ball as he wants. This is what Huddersfield did to us, two banks of four.

If we were to make this work we could have Ball and as we did with Hall a few years ago, move Dickie into the middle. Then we have to risk Masterson at CB until we get a loan in, this is my biased view as I feel it is better than letting Cameron play as then its 11v10 and Kane will get isolated again.

Why have we not experienced in the earlier part of the season? Well, Warbs changed the team a few times and it was not so easy to work out, now teams are on to us. And can see the weakness. Also, I think Kakay who had a bad game last game before was on form and really coped with being behind BOS and not getting much help.

I am hoping they will fix this and change the formation, but I worry Warbs will stick with Cameron who is past it and the rest of the team cannot cope playing week, week out with 10 men. We are in a relegation fight now, pretty football does not get you out of it, only scrapping Millwall style does. And we need nasty scrappers now.

zzzzzzzzzz

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 22:32 - Dec 5 with 1720 viewsthame_hoops

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 22:17 - Dec 5 by distortR

i've down arrowed you to appease the other bloke.
no other reason.

Thanks for proving my point
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 22:43 - Dec 5 with 1680 viewsStanFan

As someone said, this was typical Rangers up north in December. It's been like this as long as I can remember. I don't like it but I'd be far less angry about it if we hadn't just got zero points from 2 games where we actually played well. You can't afford to lose the games when you play well as there are bound to be some where you play badly coming along.
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 22:59 - Dec 5 with 1634 viewsted_hendrix

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 22:24 - Dec 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Why, Thame?

I think it's a reasonable enough post. We are going backwards at the moment and I think it's fair to wonder of there are problems behind the scenes. BOS didn't try a leg today, for example, and I thought that Chair and Dykes looked frustrated and demoralised.

The OP's not calling for a sacking, just stating his disillusionment, which I think is fair.

Keep your head down Brian and look out, the down voting police are out tonight, I got meself done twice already.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 23:15 - Dec 5 with 1560 viewsdigswellhoop

we need to stop trying to play pretty football and GET UGLY abit like spurs get the results even if not pretty your thouhgts
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 23:22 - Dec 5 with 1556 viewsridethewave

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 22:24 - Dec 5 by LazyFan

In this game, we had a blatant weak spot and straight away they knew the weak point too. It was this if their LB bombs forward Kane has no help and is left isolated 2 v Kane.

There are two options to stop that, either BOS falls back which means he can no longer be a long ball outlet, which he uses to turn his man and cause havoc or Cameron or LTC have to come across and drop in there and help Kane out.

None of this happened as this is not LTC's game and Cameron had rings run around him during the entire game. Apart from one great tackle in the box, he did nothing but let wave after wave of Huddersfield's attacks happen.

Even if we do not count the weakness in the team on the day what I saw today was that the midfield was way too open. They went through it like a hot knife through butter. It was too easy to get at the QPR defence (who I thought tried their best to contain it). We can see it was too easy as when we tried to attack via the middle their team, they closed it up real quick, yet they could do attack after attack against us.

This is not a defence problem, it is a midfield one. To solve the long term issue, we need to possibly do
a regrettable and boring but needed approach of the old Hollerway two banks of behind the ball at all times. With two hard tacklers in the middle. We have to do this as we do not have the players to play Warbs ball as he wants. This is what Huddersfield did to us, two banks of four.

If we were to make this work we could have Ball and as we did with Hall a few years ago, move Dickie into the middle. Then we have to risk Masterson at CB until we get a loan in, this is my biased view as I feel it is better than letting Cameron play as then its 11v10 and Kane will get isolated again.

Why have we not experienced in the earlier part of the season? Well, Warbs changed the team a few times and it was not so easy to work out, now teams are on to us. And can see the weakness. Also, I think Kakay who had a bad game last game before was on form and really coped with being behind BOS and not getting much help.

I am hoping they will fix this and change the formation, but I worry Warbs will stick with Cameron who is past it and the rest of the team cannot cope playing week, week out with 10 men. We are in a relegation fight now, pretty football does not get you out of it, only scrapping Millwall style does. And we need nasty scrappers now.

“This is not a defence problem, it is a midfield one.”

Yes, the midfield was poor, but if you’re watching Todd Kane do what he did today and you try and tell me that was a midfield problem, I’m going to have to send you straight to the opticians.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2020 23:24]
Login to get fewer ads

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 23:52 - Dec 5 with 1495 viewsBklynRanger

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 21:55 - Dec 5 by ted_hendrix

What are you on about?

He means you're a well respected veteran of the board, Ted, which is true.

I decided to go out this afternoon rather than spend a tener on a probable loss tbh.
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 23:57 - Dec 5 with 1484 viewsqprxtc

We support QPR today.

We supported QPR yesterday.

I’ll be fuc ked if I have to support QPR tomorrow.

But I probably will.

There’s no magic to this stuff. This is it.

Like it or lump it.
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 00:12 - Dec 6 with 1451 viewsEsox_Lucius

It's not the first time we have had a team that seems to struggle in December and with five more games this month it may well get ugly. I suggest getting the big boy/ girl/ gender neutral pants on and not panic until we are no longer safe from relegation. All the stress and angst isn't good for your health and wellbeing, especially with the way 2020 has been. I would rather we lost every game from now on than hear about a posters funeral on here. Take care of yourself.

The grass is always greener.

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 00:38 - Dec 6 with 1398 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If I have to watch QPR play at Rochdale then that’s what I gotta do 🤷‍♂️
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 00:44 - Dec 6 with 1381 viewstimcocking

That was grim.

I understand we're scraping the barrel, but it just looks like a few of the new signings, not naming names, are...not that great.

Defence, couldn't seem to get worse. Midfield and attack, couldn't really have been worse either.
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 00:45 - Dec 6 with 1379 viewsCiderwithRsie

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 21:41 - Dec 5 by thame_hoops

If anyone other than ‘Ted Hendrix’ had posted this thread, it would’ve been “down arrowed” massively!

Yeah, well, you earn your arrows, don't you? Stick around for years posting decent stuff and no-one gets grumpy if you say you're feeling like sh*t when everyone else is too.
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 00:54 - Dec 6 with 1364 viewsMyke

I don't know what up-arrowing or down-arrowing means (although I'm guessing it's a positive or negative thing, it also seems a bit juvenile for grown-ups) but Ted is certainly well respected by me and his concerns certainly resonate with me.
I am going to take a slightly different angle and suggest that the real problem here is that with the advent of the internet and social media, problems become acerbated and hyperbole becomes the norm.
This is not to say, I concur with Warburton's disdain with 'keyboard Warriors', but rather it offers an explanation why all us 'experts' heap more pressure on him and on the team. For Ted to claim he is more fed up with the club now than at any time in the last 60 odd years is telling.I having been following us since 1975 and like Ted have endured enormous amounts of sh1te over that period of time. That it should seem worse now than the past (when it clearly isn't, we have been in the lower divisions for most of that time) has to be due to the endless analysis of every single minute of every single game, every single team selection, every transfer that happened, should have happened, shouldn't have happened and is about to happen, every fee that was paid, shouldn't have been paid etc etc
Back in the day, you could vent about your team's performance to a few mates at the match and/or in the pub before and after the game. That was it. You didn't hear about transfers until they had been completed .You rejoiced in victory, lamented defeat, but you didn't pick holes in every single players performance. You shouted at Parkes if he made a (rare) error on the pitch, but we didn't abuse him at his home or when he was out for the night or whatever. We didn't orchestra a campaign for Jago or Sibley or whoever to get sacked if we failed to win three games in a row.
We, WE, are making it worse (and yes I am well aware of the delicious irony or criticising social media on a dedicated forum)by our relentless criticism/analysis of all things QPR. The team was poor today - really poor. The worst we have ever been? Somehow I doubt that. Yet Ted is more fed up with the team than at any time since the 1950's. The performances of the team hasn't changed dramatically in the intervening time - it ebbs and flows, some good times, lots of dross. We, the fans haven't changed that much, we love them and hate them. But what HAS changed it our platform to express our love and hatred - and that's the crux of the problem.
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 01:20 - Dec 6 with 1343 viewsBoston

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 02:09 - Dec 6 with 1326 viewsBrixtonR

Not getting involved with certain other stuff though I perhaps should though maybe time to not bother any more after this post, insight and all that :-( :-( :-( :-(

But looking at the title of this thread and at least my realationship with Rangers this tune sums it up.
I mean how can we have any love for what's happened since Bungles worst Bungling (bad enough with the Warnock decision FFS) but after CntKnapp mugged us off with his kneecaps, 5 mths later than he should have been sacked for Gross misconduct when the lazy useless cnt decided after 3 games to abandon a multi million pound 3 at the back experiment. Imagine if any of us had started a multi million pound project and fckd it off after 3 weeks - sacked for Gross MIsconduct maybe ?
Yet CntKnapp walked with a pay off FFS who are our lawyers.
Today's nonsense is the inevitable consequence of the last 6 years.

Sorry for the pre amble just wanted to post this DSK (by far the best mix)tune really lol

Ted hope tune is OK
What (the hell) would we do if they took our love away..........

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 02:21 - Dec 6 with 1316 viewsgobbles

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 17:50 - Dec 5 by Gloucs_R

Balance the books, sell the club? It's that what they are doing?

We can't compete longer term like this. Not if we want to be competitive.

I doubt there are many buyers around for a middling in-debt club during a pandemic
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 08:09 - Dec 6 with 1197 viewsthame_hoops

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 21:55 - Dec 5 by ted_hendrix

What are you on about?

What I said! I’m honestly not having a pop you but certain posters get more leeway on here than others with similar posts, I guess it’s not what you know....but who 😉 it’s why I rarely read the board or post anymore. Was just pointing out the hypocrisy on here. Standard 2thomas2bowles down arrow too haha give it a rest fella ✌🏼
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 08:28 - Dec 6 with 1153 viewsdaveB

central midfield has been a big problem all season, Carroll is good but we need someone better alongside him and what we do have don't protect the back 4 and don't get forward well enough. We are far too easy to play against.

This is a dire league this season but we are one of the worst teams in it at the moment, need a massive improvement in the coming weeks. Nowhere near good enough at the moment.
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 08:30 - Dec 6 with 1142 views2Thomas2Bowles

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 08:09 - Dec 6 by thame_hoops

What I said! I’m honestly not having a pop you but certain posters get more leeway on here than others with similar posts, I guess it’s not what you know....but who 😉 it’s why I rarely read the board or post anymore. Was just pointing out the hypocrisy on here. Standard 2thomas2bowles down arrow too haha give it a rest fella ✌🏼

Just returning yours

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 08:46 - Dec 6 with 1112 viewstimcocking

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 09:08 - Dec 6 with 1067 viewsNorthantsHoop

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 22:24 - Dec 5 by LazyFan

Fair points made, central midfield overun, Cameron is past it. Kakay has a disappointing game and gets dropped for Kane, who is just a weak link in the team. We are not a hard team, prefer when Ball is in the midfield he does get stuck in a bit. Warbs is going to have to seriously re-engineer the midfield, not sure he will though, I must admit I would think about getting Masterson in the defence, drop Barbet, although Dickie has been making quite a few mistakes, but he is building experience at this level.
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 09:45 - Dec 6 with 997 viewsGroveR

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 08:28 - Dec 6 by daveB

central midfield has been a big problem all season, Carroll is good but we need someone better alongside him and what we do have don't protect the back 4 and don't get forward well enough. We are far too easy to play against.

This is a dire league this season but we are one of the worst teams in it at the moment, need a massive improvement in the coming weeks. Nowhere near good enough at the moment.

Any team that can pull off a one-two in the middle of the pitch at any degree of pace faster than jogging is clean through on goal at the moment. It's terrifying to watch.
What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 10:14 - Dec 6 with 951 viewsGloucs_R

What The Hell Are We Gonna Do? on 09:08 - Dec 6 by NorthantsHoop

Fair points made, central midfield overun, Cameron is past it. Kakay has a disappointing game and gets dropped for Kane, who is just a weak link in the team. We are not a hard team, prefer when Ball is in the midfield he does get stuck in a bit. Warbs is going to have to seriously re-engineer the midfield, not sure he will though, I must admit I would think about getting Masterson in the defence, drop Barbet, although Dickie has been making quite a few mistakes, but he is building experience at this level.

I just said similar on a different post

As past caring said, we've lost a lot of experience. Can you imagine what the players reaction would be had we have had fans in the stadiums at the moment? We are not known for being the most forgiving fanbase in the world.

I feel like we're in need of some muscle, experience and aggression. We're too nice, too powder puff and lacking leaders. So the loan system may not be a lot of good.

Poll: Are we staying up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024