Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) 09:53 - Dec 8 with 33554 viewsjoe90

Venue: The Den
KO: 19:45
Form: QPR D/W/L/L/L Milwall D/D/D/L/L

Big game for us tonight and a good opportunity to get 3 points on the board.

Millwall haven't won since October and their form isn't improving. I think tonight will be a case where fans in the ground are a disadvantage to the home team.

Despite our inconsistent form, we know this team can play very well, plus Millwalls form means I'm feeling confident.

3-1 Rangers with a late consolation goal from Wall.

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:47 - Dec 8 with 2425 viewsPhildo

Also I am afraid Dykes looks bereft in the middle to me
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:47 - Dec 8 with 2425 viewsflynnbo

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:45 - Dec 8 by joolsyp

Two poor sides who will both struggle this season. At least we dug in and fought but we were so on top at the start of the second half we should have been out of sight. Chair growing into the game and finding some space so why take him off? BOS awful today, Adomah or Willock should have replaced him second half. Good games for Dykes (in patches), Chair, Carroll, Barbet and Dieng. Think Dieng will be our next player to go for decent money. Bonne and Thomas both worry me - they're not getting enough game time and look well off the pace.

They'll both play in our annual FA Cup third round defeat.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:48 - Dec 8 with 2420 viewsHunterhoop

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:43 - Dec 8 by Wegerles_Stairs

Game was there for the taking. Rowett won a point with his subs while Warburton took off our best player. Willock sat on the bench for the entire match. He's not doing himself any favours.....

Willock or Adomah.

Chair the best player on the pitch. Carroll the only one of our midfield 3 seemingly able to pass it successfully to him.

BOS off for Willock or Adomah (I’d have gone latter in that game and atmosphere) was the obvious and correct decision. Cameron for Masterson to go to a back 3 to match their bringing on off two giant forwards.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:49 - Dec 8 with 2393 viewsNorthantsHoop

Got in front, shame we could not hold on. But we stopped the poor run of results.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:51 - Dec 8 with 2337 viewsactonman

This team has relegation stamped all over it , we have no idea how to win a game , control a game or see out a game . It’s like when you see Rotherham have gone 1 - 0 up against Watford or someone , you know the equaliser is on its way shortly.
20 mins of decent football resulting in a goal but you just know when dykes and chair pass up the chance to double the lead , we had fcuked it !

Don’t even get me started on warby and those subs
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:52 - Dec 8 with 2306 viewsHunterhoop

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:45 - Dec 8 by joolsyp

Two poor sides who will both struggle this season. At least we dug in and fought but we were so on top at the start of the second half we should have been out of sight. Chair growing into the game and finding some space so why take him off? BOS awful today, Adomah or Willock should have replaced him second half. Good games for Dykes (in patches), Chair, Carroll, Barbet and Dieng. Think Dieng will be our next player to go for decent money. Bonne and Thomas both worry me - they're not getting enough game time and look well off the pace.

Agree with most of that, except Barbet. Note he ballsed up his header at the near post for their goal.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:52 - Dec 8 with 2289 viewsGreenbay

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:41 - Dec 8 by Malintabuk

Take that. Stops the losing run and a much better performance after Saturday
Think we were unlucky not to win. OK we switched off for the free kick but if it wasn't for that deflection they would never had scored
So hopefully something to build on. And with fans back in the stadium Saturday quite hopeful of a good performance cand even a win

Well said.
Keep drawing away and win at home.
With the fans back it may make all the difference at the KPFS.
Positives against a side (Millwall) that will also finish midtable :-
Chair - great goal - and Carroll both improving with Chair QPR's MOM.
Amazing what confidence can do after the goal.
QPR had a spell of 10 mins of good play.
It was 1-1 when Millwall had their subs. Warbs just went for the point.
Shame Willock and Adomah though didn't come on.
But after 3 defeats - Warbs had to go for the one point.
Can you imagine 4 defeats in a row!!
Sat - beat Reading (who could be top of the table by then) and we'll all be happy.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:53 - Dec 8 with 2266 viewsbakerloo8

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:48 - Dec 8 by Hunterhoop

Willock or Adomah.

Chair the best player on the pitch. Carroll the only one of our midfield 3 seemingly able to pass it successfully to him.

BOS off for Willock or Adomah (I’d have gone latter in that game and atmosphere) was the obvious and correct decision. Cameron for Masterson to go to a back 3 to match their bringing on off two giant forwards.

Agree with this.

Warburton set us up all wrong imo, the midfield is all over the place. Chair should be 10 Carrol should be holding with Cameron or Ball.
Warbs then goes and make it worse by subbing off our only goal threat and midfield playmaker for Bonne and Thlmas leaving us clinging on for dear life. Wtf?
Login to get fewer ads

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:55 - Dec 8 with 2205 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Can't find any reasoning for taking Chair off. Was it because he took a knee in front of their fans? Really struggling with this one.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:56 - Dec 8 with 2170 viewsMatch82

Better. Still not good enough, but better.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:56 - Dec 8 with 2165 viewspaulparker

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:47 - Dec 8 by Phildo

Also I am afraid Dykes looks bereft in the middle to me

Yep I don’t see what others do about him , looks shot to me, problem is we don’t have anyone else

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:57 - Dec 8 with 2159 viewsbosh67

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:47 - Dec 8 by Toast_R

Okay, we are a couple of good players away from being decent. Young team low wages, is what it is.

This - we didn't lose and to be fair most of us thought we would.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:58 - Dec 8 with 2131 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I seem to be wading against the tide here but I'm happy with that. Thought the subs were surprising and hurt our goalscoring threat but was designed to win us a point which it arguably did.

Big game on Saturday and fans back in Loftus Road.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2020 21:58]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:00 - Dec 8 with 2090 viewsMalintabuk

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:56 - Dec 8 by paulparker

Yep I don’t see what others do about him , looks shot to me, problem is we don’t have anyone else

Afraid have to agree. Had a slightly better 2nd half in fact possibly his best 45 mins in a hoop shirt.... but he don't look a natural goal scorer to me.
Love to see him progress but he either doesn't have it or he can't produce it in our system
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:00 - Dec 8 with 2087 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:56 - Dec 8 by paulparker

What others?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:01 - Dec 8 with 2061 viewsCiderwithRsie

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:56 - Dec 8 by Match82

Better. Still not good enough, but better.

This.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:02 - Dec 8 with 2036 viewsMickS

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:58 - Dec 8 by CliveWilsonSaid

I seem to be wading against the tide here but I'm happy with that. Thought the subs were surprising and hurt our goalscoring threat but was designed to win us a point which it arguably did.

Big game on Saturday and fans back in Loftus Road.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2020 21:58]

Me too, Clive. I was a bit peeved with the subs, especially Chair, but he ran his nuts off and should be ready for Saturday - busy, busy schedule. We didn’t lose - fine margins and all that, so for me it kind of worked. Happy with that tonight.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:07 - Dec 8 with 1929 viewsMyke

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:38 - Dec 8 by LunarJetman

Have Sky ever had to apologise for swearing during a game so many times before?

Why do they have to at all - who do they think is watching it - nuns? If Necessary, make one apology in advance and be done with it.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:07 - Dec 8 with 1910 viewsjoe90

Unlucky tonight, a deflection changed the game. Chair scored a wonderful goal, there were a few good individual performances but coming off the back of our previous results still leaves me feeling flat.

Just have to look to the next game.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:08 - Dec 8 with 1905 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:55 - Dec 8 by EmpireStateRanger

Can't find any reasoning for taking Chair off. Was it because he took a knee in front of their fans? Really struggling with this one.

So did BOS, so no.

The answer will almost definitely be sports science, but even if he and Carroll had to come off to reduce the risk of injury the replacements made no sense to me.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:09 - Dec 8 with 1887 viewsactonman

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:52 - Dec 8 by Greenbay

Well said.
Keep drawing away and win at home.
With the fans back it may make all the difference at the KPFS.
Positives against a side (Millwall) that will also finish midtable :-
Chair - great goal - and Carroll both improving with Chair QPR's MOM.
Amazing what confidence can do after the goal.
QPR had a spell of 10 mins of good play.
It was 1-1 when Millwall had their subs. Warbs just went for the point.
Shame Willock and Adomah though didn't come on.
But after 3 defeats - Warbs had to go for the one point.
Can you imagine 4 defeats in a row!!
Sat - beat Reading (who could be top of the table by then) and we'll all be happy.

That’s all very well but you do know

1 , we aren’t winning at home
2, the game lasts 90 plus minutes
3, 1 point against a pss poor millwall side to stop the rot is a sh!tshow of a position to be in
4, confidence went quickly downhill when we couldn’t score a 2nd and let them score instead
5, beat reading ? Line me up some of that will ya

Sorry to be negative fella but I admire you’re positivity
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:09 - Dec 8 with 1873 viewsWatford_Ranger

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:55 - Dec 8 by EmpireStateRanger

Think Warburton shat himself and just took off the two shortest players. I’m sure Thomas hasn’t shown us what he can do yet but on the limited evidence so far I can’t see what he’s bringing to the table.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:11 - Dec 8 with 1842 viewsHunterhoop

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:07 - Dec 8 by joe90

Unlucky tonight, a deflection changed the game. Chair scored a wonderful goal, there were a few good individual performances but coming off the back of our previous results still leaves me feeling flat.

Just have to look to the next game.

Joe, watch the replay. The shot was going in the bottom corner before the deflection.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:12 - Dec 8 with 1820 viewsMickS

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:07 - Dec 8 by Myke

Why do they have to at all - who do they think is watching it - nuns? If Necessary, make one apology in advance and be done with it.

There were more f ucks fecks feckins in Mrs Brown’s boys last night.

They do sometimes apologise in advance, which changes everything.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:14 - Dec 8 with 1776 viewsjoe90

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:11 - Dec 8 by Hunterhoop

Joe, watch the replay. The shot was going in the bottom corner before the deflection.

I was watching the game on a phone, will check the highlights tomorrow.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024