Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) 09:53 - Dec 8 with 33555 viewsjoe90

Venue: The Den
KO: 19:45
Form: QPR D/W/L/L/L Milwall D/D/D/L/L

Big game for us tonight and a good opportunity to get 3 points on the board.

Millwall haven't won since October and their form isn't improving. I think tonight will be a case where fans in the ground are a disadvantage to the home team.

Despite our inconsistent form, we know this team can play very well, plus Millwalls form means I'm feeling confident.

3-1 Rangers with a late consolation goal from Wall.

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:14 - Dec 8 with 1935 viewsDannytheR

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:09 - Dec 8 by Watford_Ranger

Think Warburton shat himself and just took off the two shortest players. I’m sure Thomas hasn’t shown us what he can do yet but on the limited evidence so far I can’t see what he’s bringing to the table.

From the look of him, not nearly as much as he's taking off the table.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:19 - Dec 8 with 1882 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:08 - Dec 8 by BrianMcCarthy

So did BOS, so no.

The answer will almost definitely be sports science, but even if he and Carroll had to come off to reduce the risk of injury the replacements made no sense to me.

Trouble is Brian all our more "defensive" players were already playing.

We didn't have many options. No real match winners on the bench and no real match savers. Thomas did ok, helped out Niko/Barbet a bit and Bonne ran around and threw himself about a bit.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:20 - Dec 8 with 1866 viewsactonman

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:12 - Dec 8 by MickS

There were more f ucks fecks feckins in Mrs Brown’s boys last night.

They do sometimes apologise in advance, which changes everything.

Dear sky,

Does anybody actually call , write , tweet or whatever to complain about swearing ? Doubt it very much and if someone does please cancel their subscription and tell them to fcuk off as they have no place watching football on tv .

Regards

Anybody who has actually attended a football match ever
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:22 - Dec 8 with 1849 viewsngbqpr

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 21:47 - Dec 8 by R_from_afar

A small positive from handing them the initiative with those ill-judged substitutions is that the defence had to withstand a relentless onslaught, an aerial bombardment, and they did, so hats off to them. That might help their confidence.

Mind you, we could have a couple out injured for the next game, with stiff necks.

Surely that's why he made those subs - because he knew a 20 minute bombardment of the type that nearly saw us blow the Rotherham game was coming.

Did I agree with them? No. But I can see the thinking (especially chucking in the 12 games in 6 weeks factor - Chair was running his socks off). So I reckon MW took a calculated gamble to keep the point & break the losing run. And on that basis it worked.

Imagine what it would be like on here if we'd not made changes, pressed for the winner, and lost to a route one goal...by Matt Smith...

Now three home games out of four with fans back, plus Wycombe away, with just a little confidence restored and some backbone shown.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:23 - Dec 8 with 1837 viewsngbqpr

Oh and good to see Thomas being written off by some already, FFS

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:24 - Dec 8 with 1823 viewsMickS

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:20 - Dec 8 by actonman

Dear sky,

Does anybody actually call , write , tweet or whatever to complain about swearing ? Doubt it very much and if someone does please cancel their subscription and tell them to fcuk off as they have no place watching football on tv .

Regards

Anybody who has actually attended a football match ever

I don’t hear half of them anyway - not the point, I know. Me and my son counted eight apologies tonight, including the red bar at the bottom of the screen. I quite enjoy them.

Forgot to say, my son is only four. Good lad.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2020 22:34]
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:29 - Dec 8 with 1770 viewsRangersw12

Stopped the rot and would have taken a point before hand but we should have won it when on top
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:29 - Dec 8 with 1766 viewsGreenbay

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:09 - Dec 8 by actonman

That’s all very well but you do know

1 , we aren’t winning at home
2, the game lasts 90 plus minutes
3, 1 point against a pss poor millwall side to stop the rot is a sh!tshow of a position to be in
4, confidence went quickly downhill when we couldn’t score a 2nd and let them score instead
5, beat reading ? Line me up some of that will ya

Sorry to be negative fella but I admire you’re positivity

Hello Actonman
We have to be positive otherwise we'll all go nuts!
Negativity does absolutely nothing.
It just makes everything worse.
So look for the things that are positive.

I've said in several posts - there are many problems and we all know why cos there's no money in the QPR bank.

Answering your points.
1. Don't look back - look ahead (and we will have some fans back on Sat. at KPFS - important)
2. Yes correct! But as soon as Chair scored that wonderful goal - our confidence shot up.
And we had a spell which was a million miles better than at Huddersfield and then defended ok - just.
Marginal improvements is the key at professional level.
And there was a marginal improvement v Millwall.
3. A point at the Den (yes 3 would have been better) - I would have taken before kick-off.
Millwall are nowhere near as bad as you think. Midtable for them.
4. Don't agree with confidence went down.
We went for the point after our subs - to stop a run of 3 defeats.
I would have preferred Willock and Adomah to come on.
We almost got the second in our confident spell - and their goal was unlucky for us.
5. Why not? If you go into a game with negativity - then what's the point?
Login to get fewer ads

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:31 - Dec 8 with 1737 viewsHunterhoop

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:22 - Dec 8 by ngbqpr

Surely that's why he made those subs - because he knew a 20 minute bombardment of the type that nearly saw us blow the Rotherham game was coming.

Did I agree with them? No. But I can see the thinking (especially chucking in the 12 games in 6 weeks factor - Chair was running his socks off). So I reckon MW took a calculated gamble to keep the point & break the losing run. And on that basis it worked.

Imagine what it would be like on here if we'd not made changes, pressed for the winner, and lost to a route one goal...by Matt Smith...

Now three home games out of four with fans back, plus Wycombe away, with just a little confidence restored and some backbone shown.

Oh come on, ngb. Bonne and a Thomas aren’t exactly giants and we’re barely in our box, let alone helping the defence with the aerial bombardment! The changes had no impact on that,
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:32 - Dec 8 with 1720 viewsjohncharles

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:07 - Dec 8 by Myke

Why do they have to at all - who do they think is watching it - nuns? If Necessary, make one apology in advance and be done with it.

Apologising for bad language at a football match at Millwall 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Strong and stable my arse.

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:35 - Dec 8 with 1692 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:22 - Dec 8 by ngbqpr

"Imagine what it would be like on here if we'd not made changes"

Good post. Criticism would include 'Thomas wasted on the bench' and so on.

Let's face it we've a very thin squad. When we yang we're good but there's no yin to our yang.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:39 - Dec 8 with 1649 viewsOldPedro

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:24 - Dec 8 by MickS

I don’t hear half of them anyway - not the point, I know. Me and my son counted eight apologies tonight, including the red bar at the bottom of the screen. I quite enjoy them.

Forgot to say, my son is only four. Good lad.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2020 22:34]

The apology that made me laugh was when the showed one of the Millwall players swearing but you couldn't hear what he said.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:41 - Dec 8 with 1626 viewsderbyhoop

Would you have settled for a point before kick off. I would and happy enough with that.
The subs may have been to protect players and prepare for the aerial bombardment.
Chair has played every game
Carroll has pulled it altogether but probably shouldnt been playing as much as he has.

My quibble would be how ineffective BOS was - again. Good case for replacing him by Albert, who will do the defensive stuff.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:41 - Dec 8 with 1621 viewsGreenbay

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:31 - Dec 8 by Hunterhoop

Oh come on, ngb. Bonne and a Thomas aren’t exactly giants and we’re barely in our box, let alone helping the defence with the aerial bombardment! The changes had no impact on that,

Thomas was helping out LB Nico who was being mugged by - was it Romeo.
And Bonne attempted to stop the opposition crosses going in from the middle of the park.
So that was the attempt to have an impact and it worked (a bit) and we got the point.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:43 - Dec 8 with 1589 viewsA40Bosh

and when the grounds get fuller again, you will have some numpty now employed specifically to listen to the words of every song being sung during a live match and then they will start broadcasting apologies every two mins when "your support is f'in sh.t" is sung.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:46 - Dec 8 with 1555 viewsHunterhoop

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:41 - Dec 8 by Greenbay

And Bonne attempted to stop the opposition crosses going in from the middle of the park.
So that was the attempt to have an impact and it worked (a bit) and we got the point.

Best way to stop the cross is to have the ball.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:47 - Dec 8 with 1544 viewsGreenbay

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:46 - Dec 8 by Hunterhoop

Best way to stop the cross is to have the ball.

You're right - but was just explaining why those two came on.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:48 - Dec 8 with 1533 viewsA40Bosh

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:41 - Dec 8 by Greenbay

Romeo, Romeo, where for art thou Romeo?
He's roasted you again Nico and crossed it in.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:49 - Dec 8 with 1523 viewsgolborne

First half crap, 2nd half much better.
Bombardment came(ish), but in truth bar a lucky deflection they caused us no actual trouble. We get nervy (as would any fans) when the crosses are coming in towards their giants, but bar one the defence and keeper dealt with it all.
They over index because of their very solid defence. So we could try to be like them, but f*ck me I know what team I’d rather have been supporting tonight. You can keep that knuckle dragging sh1te.
I think folk are being harsh on Dykes. Didn’t win a thing in the first half, but was a handful in 2nd. Pulled left early in the 2nd half and plenty of knock ons for ilias and generally much livelier. Just needs to do that more often. Would love to say that this tweak, plus ball and Carroll switching positions was good and needed tactics by Warburton, but I don’t want to upset folk.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:54 - Dec 8 with 1483 viewsWatford_Ranger

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:23 - Dec 8 by ngbqpr

Oh and good to see Thomas being written off by some already, FFS

Has he?
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:54 - Dec 8 with 1483 viewsA40Bosh

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:49 - Dec 8 by golborne

First half crap, 2nd half much better.
Bombardment came(ish), but in truth bar a lucky deflection they caused us no actual trouble. We get nervy (as would any fans) when the crosses are coming in towards their giants, but bar one the defence and keeper dealt with it all.
They over index because of their very solid defence. So we could try to be like them, but f*ck me I know what team I’d rather have been supporting tonight. You can keep that knuckle dragging sh1te.
I think folk are being harsh on Dykes. Didn’t win a thing in the first half, but was a handful in 2nd. Pulled left early in the 2nd half and plenty of knock ons for ilias and generally much livelier. Just needs to do that more often. Would love to say that this tweak, plus ball and Carroll switching positions was good and needed tactics by Warburton, but I don’t want to upset folk.

Only thing I really thought Dykes got wrong tonight, albeit he was pretty anon in the first half was when that ball dropped to him in front of goal and he waited to hit it with his right when if he had hit it with his left he would probably been able to get more power on it. Went limply in to the goalkeeper instead of busting the back of the net.

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:59 - Dec 8 with 1448 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:54 - Dec 8 by A40Bosh

Only thing I really thought Dykes got wrong tonight, albeit he was pretty anon in the first half was when that ball dropped to him in front of goal and he waited to hit it with his right when if he had hit it with his left he would probably been able to get more power on it. Went limply in to the goalkeeper instead of busting the back of the net.

I agree. His contribution tonight was as as a softener for their defence.

Created space for Chair and Carroll, both of who were excellent because of it. He strikes me as always capable of a goal but as long as he is either getting goals himself or making things easier for everyone else he’s doing a good job.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2020 23:00]
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 23:04 - Dec 8 with 1408 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Game in a nutshell:

Utterly forgettable 1st half from both teams.

Came out sharp at the start of the 2nd half and got their reward with a fine opening goal from Chair. Cute celebration to boot.

Missed the opportunity to press home the advantage whilst on top, Dykes in particular guilty of missing an excellent chance for 2-0.

Rowett rings the changes with a triple substitution and tactical change. Almost instantly rewarded with a somewhat fortuitous equaliser.

Warburton responds with a strange double substitution, removing QPR's best 2 players on the night and handing the initiative to Millwall.

Millwall duly oblige by dominating the final 15 minutes but QPR (in particular Dieng) hold firm to record a creditable draw.
Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 23:45 - Dec 8 with 1285 viewsNortholt_Rs

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 23:04 - Dec 8 by Benny_the_Ball

Game in a nutshell:

Utterly forgettable 1st half from both teams.

Came out sharp at the start of the 2nd half and got their reward with a fine opening goal from Chair. Cute celebration to boot.

Missed the opportunity to press home the advantage whilst on top, Dykes in particular guilty of missing an excellent chance for 2-0.

Rowett rings the changes with a triple substitution and tactical change. Almost instantly rewarded with a somewhat fortuitous equaliser.

Warburton responds with a strange double substitution, removing QPR's best 2 players on the night and handing the initiative to Millwall.

Millwall duly oblige by dominating the final 15 minutes but QPR (in particular Dieng) hold firm to record a creditable draw.

Pretty much spot on for me. Tbh I was just praying we wouldn’t lose to those slags. Warburton’s in-match management is a big worry.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2020 23:47]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 23:53 - Dec 8 with 1259 viewsngbqpr

Millwall vs QPR (Match Thread) on 22:54 - Dec 8 by Watford_Ranger

Has he?

"Thomas has been useless since coming on. Looks utterly lost. Has done nothing right and basically we’ve been playing with 10 since the subs."

"Thomas for chair should be a sackable offence alone
Our best player and they couldn’t handle him and we take him off for a bloke who is as fat as me after 2 lockdowns"

"I’m sure Thomas hasn’t shown us what he can do yet but on the limited evidence so far I can’t see what he’s bringing to the table." ---"From the look of him, not nearly as much as he's taking off the table."

Due to budget restraints, all our summer signings had a gamble element. The jury is out on all still, as it probably should be at this stage of the season - but especially a lad who's played, what, 2 or 3 hours so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024