Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January transfers thread 15:07 - Dec 23 with 64976 viewsNorthernr

Troy Parrott being recalled from his loan at Millwall ands sent out somewhere else.

Have we called in a Spurs favour?

Lay off that wine Clive.
January transfers thread on 16:37 - Jan 19 with 2827 viewsNorthernr

January transfers thread on 16:35 - Jan 19 by hantssi

I know what you mean Simmo but can you imagine the Tw@ttersphere if we’d signed him?
Never heard of him, must be crap
League 2, nobody else wanted him, must be crap
Only £350K, must be crap
Etc
Etc
Etc

Which is why QPR Twitter should be completely fcking ignored by the club.
January transfers thread on 16:40 - Jan 19 with 2795 viewshantssi

January transfers thread on 16:37 - Jan 19 by Northernr

Which is why QPR Twitter should be completely fcking ignored by the club.

And pretty much everybody else with a brain cell!
January transfers thread on 16:42 - Jan 19 with 2767 viewssimmo

January transfers thread on 16:35 - Jan 19 by hantssi

I know what you mean Simmo but can you imagine the Tw@ttersphere if we’d signed him?
Never heard of him, must be crap
League 2, nobody else wanted him, must be crap
Only £350K, must be crap
Etc
Etc
Etc

If we made signings and managerial appointments due to social media pressure, we'd have signed all sorts of shit over the years.

Oh, wait...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

January transfers thread on 17:10 - Jan 19 with 2676 viewssilverbirch

Scott Twine at Swindon is said to be interesting Luton and Bournemouth. He was on loan to Newport county and my county mates loved him; tackles, creates, scores worldies...
Sounds like just what we need but could he step up and do it this season?
January transfers thread on 17:13 - Jan 19 with 2659 viewsNorthernr

January transfers thread on 17:10 - Jan 19 by silverbirch

Scott Twine at Swindon is said to be interesting Luton and Bournemouth. He was on loan to Newport county and my county mates loved him; tackles, creates, scores worldies...

We're too busy helping Luton out with some squad and salary space by taking Tunnicliffe off their hands to notice.
January transfers thread on 17:14 - Jan 19 with 2647 viewsTheChef

January transfers thread on 14:51 - Jan 19 by Hunterhoop

All his facial features seem oversized in that photo. It’s odd.

I can’t work out if that means he has a large face or unnaturally less space on his face outside of the eyebrows, eyes, nose, mouth and ears.

It's just nice to see him so happy.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

January transfers thread on 17:24 - Jan 19 with 2611 viewsWatford_Ranger

We could loan them Masterson as a sweetener.
January transfers thread on 17:44 - Jan 19 with 2530 viewsted_hendrix

From the Swindon 'rag'.

CHAMPIONSHIP club Luton Town is set to make a "decent offer" to sign promising Swindon Town youngster Scott Twine this month, according to reports.

Several other Championship clubs - including AFC Bournemouth, Queens Park Rangers, Reading and Brentford - were all rumoured to be weighing up a move for Town's prize 21-year-old.

However, The Sun sports reporter, Alan Nixon stated on Sunday that the Hatters remain the only club that is looking at Twine's potential acquisition as a real possibility this month.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

January transfers thread on 17:51 - Jan 19 with 2505 viewssimmo

January transfers thread on 17:13 - Jan 19 by Northernr

We're too busy helping Luton out with some squad and salary space by taking Tunnicliffe off their hands to notice.

Sounds like another Rico Henry - we'll take the older less talented player while they use the money and space to buy a better prospect from the lower leagues.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

January transfers thread on 18:23 - Jan 19 with 2404 viewsGloucs_R

Dave Mc...

Not in for Sims or Mowatt
Doughty and Whiteman didn't want to come here
Nothing about Ng
But we're are still after a box to box midfielder. Why do I suspect it's Ryan "bargain basement " Tunnicliffe? 🙄

Poll: Are we staying up?

January transfers thread on 19:03 - Jan 19 with 2286 viewstkqpr

Lets hope this is the plan and not Ryan Tunnicliffe.

If we are still implementing our 'developement strategy' then this is the sort of deal we need to be doing. Bags of potential and yet has proven to score and create from midfield in LEague 2 already and only 21 and out of contract in the summer??

C'mon
January transfers thread on 19:08 - Jan 19 with 2268 viewssilverbirch

January transfers thread on 17:13 - Jan 19 by Northernr

I always worry that you know what you are talking about
January transfers thread on 19:12 - Jan 19 with 2252 viewseghamranger

He could be the next Ben Gladwin... 😱

He came here with Glowing reports, one for the future etc... lost all confidence and now I see he is at mk dons....

He always looked poor at HQ
January transfers thread on 19:38 - Jan 19 with 2152 viewshantssi

January transfers thread on 19:12 - Jan 19 by eghamranger

He came here with Glowing reports, one for the future etc... lost all confidence and now I see he is at mk dons....

I thought Gladwin was the make weight in the Luongo deal and we didn’t really need/want him?
I believe it was to screw up the Spuds sell on clause.
January transfers thread on 19:39 - Jan 19 with 2135 viewsrsonist

January transfers thread on 18:23 - Jan 19 by Gloucs_R

Dave Mc...

Not in for Sims or Mowatt
Doughty and Whiteman didn't want to come here
Nothing about Ng
But we're are still after a box to box midfielder. Why do I suspect it's Ryan "bargain basement " Tunnicliffe? 🙄

Re Mowatt he says "Not really. Too expensive at the mo."

Given Wall have (reportedly...) opened the bidding at 1.3m it's not clear whether he means we think it's too much for him, or if we simply can't afford that right now. If the latter it does beg the question what we were hoping we might have got Whiteman for.

I would prefer not to be living in the timeline where Millwall line up against us with Mowatt and Woods.
January transfers thread on 19:47 - Jan 19 with 2099 viewsrsonist

January transfers thread on 16:01 - Jan 19 by simmo

Strong rated RB Perry Ng signed by Cardiff for just 350k (after they rejected 250k initially). 150+ league appearances, former POTY for Crewe and League 2 team of the year member - still only 24.

Where's that Kane hitting the opposition left back GIF?

Probably would have gone the way of Kieffer Moore even if we had taken an interest. But then the not taking the interest is the real area of concern.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on given the disparity between reputation and bidders.
January transfers thread on 19:50 - Jan 19 with 2087 viewspaulparker

January transfers thread on 19:39 - Jan 19 by rsonist

Re Mowatt he says "Not really. Too expensive at the mo."

Given Wall have (reportedly...) opened the bidding at 1.3m it's not clear whether he means we think it's too much for him, or if we simply can't afford that right now. If the latter it does beg the question what we were hoping we might have got Whiteman for.

I would prefer not to be living in the timeline where Millwall line up against us with Mowatt and Woods.

Ambitious Millwall , could do with the fella who does their recruitment

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

January transfers thread on 19:50 - Jan 19 with 2092 viewssilverbirch

January transfers thread on 19:12 - Jan 19 by eghamranger

Sounds like the next Bryan robson the way my county mates describe him
January transfers thread on 20:14 - Jan 19 with 2000 viewsLongsufferingR

January transfers thread on 19:50 - Jan 19 by paulparker

Do me a favour. One win in 15, one home win all season and sitting in 16th place. If that was us you'd be calling the club rotten, begging for the manager to go and wallowing in misery.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 20:15]
January transfers thread on 20:24 - Jan 19 with 1953 viewspaulparker

January transfers thread on 20:14 - Jan 19 by LongsufferingR

Do me a favour. One win in 15, one home win all season and sitting in 16th place. If that was us you'd be calling the club rotten, begging for the manager to go and wallowing in misery.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 20:15]

No if we were 20th with one win in ten , losing our best creative player for nothing , losing our only decent left back for peanuts and wasting what transfer fees we had
Then I would be wallowing in self pity and begging for the manager to go and calling the club rotten
Can’t think of who that club could be , can you ??

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

January transfers thread on 20:33 - Jan 19 with 1928 viewsLongsufferingR

January transfers thread on 20:24 - Jan 19 by paulparker

No if we were 20th with one win in ten , losing our best creative player for nothing , losing our only decent left back for peanuts and wasting what transfer fees we had
Then I would be wallowing in self pity and begging for the manager to go and calling the club rotten
Can’t think of who that club could be , can you ??

So if we were 4 places higher having signings like Dieng, Dickie, Chair and Austin in the side, you'd be calling us ambitious and lauding our recruitment? Thought not.
January transfers thread on 20:36 - Jan 19 with 1903 viewstkqpr

January transfers thread on 19:50 - Jan 19 by paulparker

Didn’t they release Eze?

Sorry cheap shot.
January transfers thread on 20:42 - Jan 19 with 1881 viewsLongsufferingR

January transfers thread on 20:36 - Jan 19 by tkqpr

Didn’t they release Eze?

Sorry cheap shot.

Yeah but, no but yeah but..........
January transfers thread on 20:50 - Jan 19 with 1848 viewspaulparker

January transfers thread on 20:33 - Jan 19 by LongsufferingR

So if we were 4 places higher having signings like Dieng, Dickie, Chair and Austin in the side, you'd be calling us ambitious and lauding our recruitment? Thought not.

Are you 12 by any chance you sound very petulant ,

If we were 16th and our signings were doing well then yeah I wouldn’t be panicking about relegation
So much and if we were in for the likes of mowatt rather than tunicliffe I would be calling that good business, but our business has been poor , losing BOS and manning for a combined fee of 250k is quite frankly shocking that and the fact we have handed four year contracts to two of the worst fullbacks at rangers since Barker & Curtis I would say it’s quite within any supporters rights to question the recruitment especially teams like Millwall and Preston where up and comming players would rather go to than us ( btw have you read Clive’s write up for the game tommorow? ) now if we beat a poor Cardiff team tommorow then please come back and laud it over me , as we will only be 2 points behind them

January transfers thread on 20:55 - Jan 19 with 1827 viewspaulparker

January transfers thread on 20:36 - Jan 19 by tkqpr

Didn’t they release Eze?

Sorry cheap shot.

So did Fulham and arsenal and your point is ?
We could of had john Barnes & Stuart Pearce at some time but didnt we also didn’t take up the option of Chris Mepham who went for about 20 million ,

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024