Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January transfers thread 15:07 - Dec 23 with 64983 viewsNorthernr

Troy Parrott being recalled from his loan at Millwall ands sent out somewhere else.

Have we called in a Spurs favour?

Lay off that wine Clive.
January transfers thread on 17:51 - Jan 20 with 3940 viewssimmo

January transfers thread on 17:46 - Jan 20 by Northernr

Gone to Swansea.

Joy.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

January transfers thread on 17:56 - Jan 20 with 3903 viewsTGRRRSSS

Just looked at Kevin Stewarts Wiki page - looks a big fat no.

Another failure from Tottenham (ultimately)

Presume too much too young

70 apps for 3 years with Hull when they got relegated and now released doesnt bode well for him, add Covid into the mix and it might be he's none too bright on his wage demands to try and get back into League football before it's too late at a level he thinks he ought to play at.

Not sure this is fair comment or not...
January transfers thread on 12:51 - Jan 22 with 3658 viewsrsonist

January transfers thread on 13:04 - Jan 22 with 3592 viewsloftboy

January transfers thread on 12:51 - Jan 22 by rsonist

How do they get away with having a squad that big?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

January transfers thread on 21:48 - Jan 22 with 3225 viewstkqpr

I see Alfie Doughty went to Stoke Shame.

Its cold an wet up there.
January transfers thread on 22:04 - Jan 22 with 3149 viewsGloucs_R

Josh Sims to Donny

Poll: Are we staying up?

January transfers thread on 06:03 - Jan 24 with 2895 viewsDixie_CT

I wonder if we have looked at Ben Sheaf who is currently on loan at Coventry from Arsenal? Cov have the option to buy so maybe no chance but looks like exactly what we need right now and will potential to develop into a player with sell on value.

6ft 1” CM with good passing ability and positional awareness. Good article on him here - https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/ben-sheaf-201920-scout-report-
January transfers thread on 10:54 - Jan 25 with 2488 viewsdaveB

I'm guessing it will only be loans this week, Billy Gilmour from Chelsea would fit in well to our midfield but imagine there would be a lot of competition for him
Login to get fewer ads

January transfers thread on 11:34 - Jan 25 with 2365 viewsNorthernr

Some vague link with Scott Twine this morning, which is much more 'the sort of player we should be signing' profile. Half the Champ in for him as well though. OOC in the summer, but compensation age.
January transfers thread on 11:37 - Jan 25 with 2345 viewsMaggsinho

I hope Swindon aren't just stringing us along.
January transfers thread on 11:40 - Jan 25 with 2329 viewsHanwellHoopster

January transfers thread on 11:37 - Jan 25 by Maggsinho

I hope Swindon aren't just stringing us along.

Let's not tie this forum up in knots with puns.
January transfers thread on 11:42 - Jan 25 with 2313 viewspaulparker

Any chance if we do sign some players they can last longer than 60 minutes of professional Football ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

January transfers thread on 11:43 - Jan 25 with 2311 viewsted_hendrix

Latest from Swindon local rag FWIW.

Luton Town are said to have had a bid for Swindon’s Scott Twine turned down in the past few days, with reliable journalist Alan Nixon tweeting the news out yesterday.

The attacking midfielder has been the subject of intense interest from several Championship clubs since being recalled from his loan spell at Newport County by the Robins at the turn of the new year, with Reading, QPR, Bournemouth and Brentford having also been mentioned as potential suitors.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

January transfers thread on 11:43 - Jan 25 with 2311 viewsrsonist

January transfers thread on 11:34 - Jan 25 by Northernr

Some vague link with Scott Twine this morning, which is much more 'the sort of player we should be signing' profile. Half the Champ in for him as well though. OOC in the summer, but compensation age.

Maybe he is that good but still feels like we're chasing the memes a bit.
January transfers thread on 11:45 - Jan 25 with 2303 viewsWatford_Ranger

January transfers thread on 11:43 - Jan 25 by ted_hendrix

Latest from Swindon local rag FWIW.

Luton Town are said to have had a bid for Swindon’s Scott Twine turned down in the past few days, with reliable journalist Alan Nixon tweeting the news out yesterday.

The attacking midfielder has been the subject of intense interest from several Championship clubs since being recalled from his loan spell at Newport County by the Robins at the turn of the new year, with Reading, QPR, Bournemouth and Brentford having also been mentioned as potential suitors.

Away from home we could sing ‘Red Red Twine’.
January transfers thread on 12:54 - Jan 25 with 2135 viewstoboboly

What could go wrong with Bright's move I hear you ask? Well getting paid maybe

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

January transfers thread on 13:12 - Jan 25 with 2073 viewsNorthernr

January transfers thread on 11:43 - Jan 25 by rsonist

Maybe he is that good but still feels like we're chasing the memes a bit.

Maybe, but it is at least 'right sort of signing'. Not sure how you can, rightly, be niggled that we're not in the picture for Ng from Crewe, but then accuse us of chasing Memes by going for Twine, if indeed we are.
January transfers thread on 13:20 - Jan 25 with 2036 viewsR_from_afar

January transfers thread on 14:00 - Jan 20 by jeffranger

Midfielder

Oh sorry, you said mid*fielder*

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

January transfers thread on 13:33 - Jan 25 with 1959 viewsNorthernr

Faurly reliable South London journo saying we're recalling Smyth.
Despite Bright, I'd be amazed if that's not to just send him somewhere else. Warbs not a fan.
January transfers thread on 13:47 - Jan 25 with 1913 viewsWestbourneR

January transfers thread on 13:33 - Jan 25 by Northernr

Despite Bright, I'd be amazed if that's not to just send him somewhere else. Warbs not a fan.

Don't personally rate Smyth as much as others. He is very very mini and you've got to be really good to get away with that.

I'd like to see Mide Shodipo given a run.

Overall, I do think that Warburton doesn't have a great eye for player. Like I've said many times before, for a club that buys and sells, having a really top top chief scout who calls the signings is key - we should have moved heaven and earth to keep Penrice. Losing him was a hammer blow to our transfers chances.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

January transfers thread on 13:49 - Jan 25 with 1899 viewspaulparker

January transfers thread on 13:33 - Jan 25 by Northernr

I hope we are recalling smyth to play , because his attitude and willingness to get stuck in and chase less hopeful causes is exactly what you need in a relegation scrap

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

January transfers thread on 13:52 - Jan 25 with 1875 viewsterryb

January transfers thread on 13:49 - Jan 25 by paulparker

I hope we are recalling smyth to play , because his attitude and willingness to get stuck in and chase less hopeful causes is exactly what you need in a relegation scrap

No club that we have loaned him to have played him too much.

He seems to start of well but soon becomes a bit player.
January transfers thread on 14:07 - Jan 25 with 1812 viewsrsonist

January transfers thread on 13:12 - Jan 25 by Northernr

Maybe, but it is at least 'right sort of signing'. Not sure how you can, rightly, be niggled that we're not in the picture for Ng from Crewe, but then accuse us of chasing Memes by going for Twine, if indeed we are.

Mm no I agree, I definitely don't have a problem with it. But chasing the overnight sensation national media highlights reel kid doesn't allay my other point about spotting them before it's a queue we're at the back of and more generally what that suggests about the depth of our scouting radar. If Twine is top of a well researched longlist (that is so secretly guarded we have yet to see evidence of it) then all well and good. He certainly does seem a smart value earlier alternative to Mowatt in particular.

January transfers thread on 14:15 - Jan 25 with 1779 viewsQPRSteve

Local press saying that Charlton are about to exceed their loan allocation with new signings coming in this week. Doesn't say much for Smyth if he's the one they decide to release.
January transfers thread on 14:17 - Jan 25 with 1767 viewsrsonist

Can understand not reckoning you can build with Smyth long term but with what we're missing and 5 subs / 9 on bench you would like to think he's pretty - maybe uniquely - well suited to being a joker in the pack option.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024