Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January transfers thread 15:07 - Dec 23 with 64992 viewsNorthernr

Troy Parrott being recalled from his loan at Millwall ands sent out somewhere else.

Have we called in a Spurs favour?

Lay off that wine Clive.
January transfers thread on 20:57 - Jan 19 with 4173 viewsMatch82

January transfers thread on 20:50 - Jan 19 by paulparker

Are you 12 by any chance you sound very petulant ,

If we were 16th and our signings were doing well then yeah I wouldn’t be panicking about relegation
So much and if we were in for the likes of mowatt rather than tunicliffe I would be calling that good business, but our business has been poor , losing BOS and manning for a combined fee of 250k is quite frankly shocking that and the fact we have handed four year contracts to two of the worst fullbacks at rangers since Barker & Curtis I would say it’s quite within any supporters rights to question the recruitment especially teams like Millwall and Preston where up and comming players would rather go to than us ( btw have you read Clive’s write up for the game tommorow? ) now if we beat a poor Cardiff team tommorow then please come back and laud it over me , as we will only be 2 points behind them

Not directed at you PP, but on that note i'd rather have got full value for Eze and peanuts for BOS and Manning than vice versa
January transfers thread on 21:05 - Jan 19 with 4125 viewstkqpr

January transfers thread on 20:55 - Jan 19 by paulparker

So did Fulham and arsenal and your point is ?
We could of had john Barnes & Stuart Pearce at some time but didnt we also didn’t take up the option of Chris Mepham who went for about 20 million ,

Yea, I know, all clubs mess up, some more than others it seems. Like I said, cheap shot. No offence meant
January transfers thread on 21:06 - Jan 19 with 4107 viewspaulparker

January transfers thread on 20:57 - Jan 19 by Match82

Not directed at you PP, but on that note i'd rather have got full value for Eze and peanuts for BOS and Manning than vice versa

True but I would rather of have had an extra 5/6 million on top of the Eze money
That’s why we have a DOF to sort contracts, get the best deal, and buy better players with good sell ons , otherwise we may as well let the manager do it all

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

January transfers thread on 21:07 - Jan 19 with 4099 viewspaulparker

January transfers thread on 21:05 - Jan 19 by tkqpr

Yea, I know, all clubs mess up, some more than others it seems. Like I said, cheap shot. No offence meant

None taken mate
My point was very tongue and cheek re getting the Millwall scout or DOF here

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

January transfers thread on 22:21 - Jan 19 with 3886 viewsLblock

January transfers thread on 21:07 - Jan 19 by paulparker

None taken mate
My point was very tongue and cheek re getting the Millwall scout or DOF here

Possibly because many months ago our resident expert scoffed and laughed when someone had a whinge that Millwall were competing better than us for players.... the word ambitious was scornfully and sarcastically used.

Just saying like

Think we need to get our heads around the fact that the club is being set up to run as a League One club on a League One budget. Handy that......

Weakest championship in living memory
FFP levelling the playing field
Our house in order
The Eze transfer fee will set us up nicely
Planning for the future..... how’s the Manager’s contract position looking???

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

January transfers thread on 23:43 - Jan 19 with 3722 viewsMatch82

January transfers thread on 22:21 - Jan 19 by Lblock

Possibly because many months ago our resident expert scoffed and laughed when someone had a whinge that Millwall were competing better than us for players.... the word ambitious was scornfully and sarcastically used.

Just saying like

Think we need to get our heads around the fact that the club is being set up to run as a League One club on a League One budget. Handy that......

Weakest championship in living memory
FFP levelling the playing field
Our house in order
The Eze transfer fee will set us up nicely
Planning for the future..... how’s the Manager’s contract position looking???

Our club is being set up to run like a championship club on a championship budget. Other clubs are being run on premier league budgets and several of them are fcked if that approach doesn't lead to promotion.
January transfers thread on 07:21 - Jan 20 with 3598 viewsGloucs_R

Dave Mc not denying or confirming that we are in for Tunnicliffe, yet he's updated people when they've suggested other names.

I asked a couple of Luton fans what they thought of him,

Wouldn't say he's box to box but good at breaking up play & has decent distribution. I'd like to see him play more for us but NJ prefers Glenn Rea.

Millwall fans reckon they miss him.

Only been here for 2 years.
I've no idea why he's not being given another contract. he's not had much game time so maybe it's him not signing a new one or NJ has other ideas🤷🏼‍♂️

A lot of fans aren't keen on him, but then they also like to moan about everything 🤣

Doesn't fill me with confidence to be honest. 😞
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 7:40]

Poll: Are we staying up?

January transfers thread on 10:49 - Jan 20 with 3391 viewsbosh67

I see Kevin Stewart (27) is without a club after being released by Hull at the end of last year unless things have changed. Decent left footed left back and centre back and he has some pace. Not entirely sure why Hull let him go as he had a good record there and he has that elusive thing most defenders here don't have, pace. On a free may be worth while and he's an Enfield lad.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

January transfers thread on 11:25 - Jan 20 with 3307 viewsMaggsinho

January transfers thread on 11:58 - Jan 20 with 3225 viewsrsonist

January transfers thread on 19:39 - Jan 19 by rsonist

Re Mowatt he says "Not really. Too expensive at the mo."

Given Wall have (reportedly...) opened the bidding at 1.3m it's not clear whether he means we think it's too much for him, or if we simply can't afford that right now. If the latter it does beg the question what we were hoping we might have got Whiteman for.

I would prefer not to be living in the timeline where Millwall line up against us with Mowatt and Woods.

Fun DMC since implying it's the former, in his inimitable style.

To be fair while I do think that Mowatt is a very good player that we should be interested in, I'm not sure he's quite the perfect missing piece of our particular jigsaw puzzle as has been suggested either. Bit of a project and needs the right players around him covering the legwork which happens to be exactly what we're in the market for too.
January transfers thread on 12:04 - Jan 20 with 3203 viewsNorthernr

January transfers thread on 10:49 - Jan 20 by bosh67

I see Kevin Stewart (27) is without a club after being released by Hull at the end of last year unless things have changed. Decent left footed left back and centre back and he has some pace. Not entirely sure why Hull let him go as he had a good record there and he has that elusive thing most defenders here don't have, pace. On a free may be worth while and he's an Enfield lad.

Was on £18,000 a week at Hull hence
a) released
b) finding it hard to get bites
January transfers thread on 12:04 - Jan 20 with 3201 viewsWatford_Ranger

January transfers thread on 10:49 - Jan 20 by bosh67

Cost them £8m once IIRC and consistently looked awful.
January transfers thread on 12:09 - Jan 20 with 3149 views2Thomas2Bowles

We should get Manning back on loan till the end of the season with Swansea paying half his wages.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

January transfers thread on 12:11 - Jan 20 with 3159 viewsJeff

January transfers thread on 12:04 - Jan 20 by Watford_Ranger

Cost them £8m once IIRC and consistently looked awful.

he was basically a swap for Andrew Robertson, who went to Liverpool for £8m at the same time.

Reckon they came out about even on that swap

Can we not knock it?

January transfers thread on 12:34 - Jan 20 with 3074 viewsderbyhoop

January transfers thread on 11:25 - Jan 20 by Maggsinho

That's a deal that would make sense, depending on how much we would need to pay out in loan fees and wages.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

January transfers thread on 12:37 - Jan 20 with 3058 viewsgoodlife

January transfers thread on 11:25 - Jan 20 by Maggsinho

I have followed Stefan Johansen for many years. He has captained our national team (Norway), and used to be a good Championship player, very good during Fulhams promotion season 2017-2018. Since then his form has spiraled down. He could never break into the Fulham team in the premier league, but he kept his place in the National team based on earlier merits. His performances for Norway the last years have been unbelievable poor, and he has lost his place. His legs are gone. How much I would love to see a Norwegian player for QPR, Stefan is not the one. Much poorer than the ones we got, so the rumor is a real scare. Would have taken him 4 years ago with a smile.
January transfers thread on 13:14 - Jan 20 with 2906 viewsBazzeR

Mathew SorInola 19 yr old L/W/B with MK Dons previously linked to WHU a couple months ago.

Looks a real prospect and able to use both feet.Prob out of our price range I suppose.
January transfers thread on 13:30 - Jan 20 with 2840 viewseastside_r

January transfers thread on 11:58 - Jan 20 by rsonist

Fun DMC since implying it's the former, in his inimitable style.

To be fair while I do think that Mowatt is a very good player that we should be interested in, I'm not sure he's quite the perfect missing piece of our particular jigsaw puzzle as has been suggested either. Bit of a project and needs the right players around him covering the legwork which happens to be exactly what we're in the market for too.

Sorry I don’t have Sky so don’t get to see a lot of other Championship teams. where exactly does this guy play?

If it’s Carroll’s position, count me in.
January transfers thread on 14:00 - Jan 20 with 2710 viewsjeffranger

January transfers thread on 13:30 - Jan 20 by eastside_r

Sorry I don’t have Sky so don’t get to see a lot of other Championship teams. where exactly does this guy play?

If it’s Carroll’s position, count me in.

Midfielder
January transfers thread on 15:07 - Jan 20 with 2603 viewsdaveB

January transfers thread on 12:37 - Jan 20 by goodlife

I have followed Stefan Johansen for many years. He has captained our national team (Norway), and used to be a good Championship player, very good during Fulhams promotion season 2017-2018. Since then his form has spiraled down. He could never break into the Fulham team in the premier league, but he kept his place in the National team based on earlier merits. His performances for Norway the last years have been unbelievable poor, and he has lost his place. His legs are gone. How much I would love to see a Norwegian player for QPR, Stefan is not the one. Much poorer than the ones we got, so the rumor is a real scare. Would have taken him 4 years ago with a smile.

I've not seen him play that much but whenever I saw them in that first promotion for Fulham before they went mad he looked a good player. Better than what we have but not a long term answer
January transfers thread on 15:21 - Jan 20 with 2550 viewsDixie_CT

Eggy face for me as I thought he would be a decent addition on the Stefan Johansen thread. Cheers for the insight.
January transfers thread on 15:25 - Jan 20 with 2512 viewsylviz

As a fellow Norwegian, I have to agree. His legs are long gone.
January transfers thread on 15:29 - Jan 20 with 2490 viewsJeff

someone doesn't remember the Rangers Legend that was Petter Vaagen Moen...

Can we not knock it?

January transfers thread on 16:35 - Jan 20 with 2372 viewsDixie_CT

January transfers thread on 15:25 - Jan 20 by ylviz

As a fellow Norwegian, I have to agree. His legs are long gone.

Mad how your legs go aged 29/30!!
January transfers thread on 17:46 - Jan 20 with 2210 viewsNorthernr

January transfers thread on 11:54 - Jan 19 by simmo

Lots of talk, Twitter reckons Boro.

I understand why he'd be beyond us with his PL wages and likely high loan fee, but we're 3 weeks into the window now without a CM so we're going to end up overspending somewhere

Gone to Swansea.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024