Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January transfers thread 15:07 - Dec 23 with 64980 viewsNorthernr

Troy Parrott being recalled from his loan at Millwall ands sent out somewhere else.

Have we called in a Spurs favour?

Lay off that wine Clive.
January transfers thread on 13:23 - Jan 18 with 3830 viewsNorthernr

January transfers thread on 12:41 - Jan 18 by nix

Why him? From a quick google he's been bounced out of everywhere he's played. Surely a backwards move? Don't know him but what does he offer that we haven't got already?

- cheap
- plays central midfield

From the people who brought you Jordy de Wijs
- cheap
- plays central defence
January transfers thread on 13:26 - Jan 18 with 3804 viewsWatford_Ranger

January transfers thread on 13:20 - Jan 18 by Gloucs_R

Cardiff have met Perry Ng's release clause at Crewe and the right-back is due for talks and a medical at the Cardiff City Stadium.

Popular signing for frugal parents buying shirts.
January transfers thread on 13:31 - Jan 18 with 3759 viewsGloucs_R

January transfers thread on 13:26 - Jan 18 by Watford_Ranger

Popular signing for frugal parents buying shirts.

👏😂😂👍

Poll: Are we staying up?

January transfers thread on 13:37 - Jan 18 with 3699 viewsBenny_the_Ball

January transfers thread on 11:40 - Jan 12 by Myke

Or on the other hand, perhaps it was ever thus? Maybe we, and every other fanbase in the country, thanks to the relentless 24/7 nature of social media,now have access to information that we are simply not meant to be privy to? Neatly packaged in hype, hysteria, rumour, counter rumour and misinformation of course. A classic example is that young fella, McNulty,coming back from Italy. As somebody said yesterday, it was headlined as if Ali was coming back. No disrespect to the kid, but it's simply not news, let alone worthy of a headline. As a result we are all knowledgeable about things we don't have a clue about.
We (me included) talk about 'blocking pathways' and 'academy products' and 'needing minutes', parroting what we hear. Not to mention formations: 3/5/1, 4/4/2 'Niko is too exposed as a wing back' blah, blah, blah, team selections etc, etc. It's all good fun and passes the time. But it's bollox. I'm an English teacher and would get pretty prickly if someone came in and told me how to do my job. What right have I to say Ferdinand or Warburton or whoever, don't know what they are doing? None at all. So sure, have a bit of fun with it, but pretend we are experts? I mean come on.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 11:43]

"I'm an English teacher and would get pretty prickly if someone came in and told me how to do my job."

It's high time all teachers got back to doing their jobs.
January transfers thread on 13:41 - Jan 18 with 3662 viewsBenny_the_Ball

January transfers thread on 10:29 - Jan 18 by Northernr

Jack Wilshere sliding into the blue badge bay at Bournemouth once again.
Conor Hourihane also being linked there from Villa.

I can't say I'm surprised. According to Jamie O'Hara they're bigger then Rangers!
[Post edited 18 Jan 2021 13:47]
January transfers thread on 15:20 - Jan 18 with 3400 viewsBklynRanger

January transfers thread on 13:23 - Jan 18 by Northernr

- cheap
- plays central midfield

From the people who brought you Jordy de Wijs
- cheap
- plays central defence

Can't say I know much about this Tunnocks Teacake lad.

He seems to be a dyed in the wool 'Red' which isn't great, and may or may not have a bit of a cantankerous disposition. Maybe he's a sort of very poor man's Scholesy.
January transfers thread on 15:31 - Jan 18 with 3323 viewsrsonist

January transfers thread on 13:20 - Jan 18 by Gloucs_R

Cardiff have met Perry Ng's release clause at Crewe and the right-back is due for talks and a medical at the Cardiff City Stadium.

Sigh.
January transfers thread on 15:38 - Jan 18 with 3283 viewsrsonist

Charlton in for Nnamdi Ofoborh, 21 and out of contract at Bournemouth this summer and who was at Wycombe last season. Bit rough around the edges on the ball but bags of energy tackling and blocking in midfield. I'd have given it a good look.
Login to get fewer ads

January transfers thread on 15:46 - Jan 18 with 3242 viewsrsonist

January transfers thread on 15:20 - Jan 18 by BklynRanger

Can't say I know much about this Tunnocks Teacake lad.

He seems to be a dyed in the wool 'Red' which isn't great, and may or may not have a bit of a cantankerous disposition. Maybe he's a sort of very poor man's Scholesy.

Crap, stupid, violent, bigoted... other than that it's a winner.
January transfers thread on 16:58 - Jan 18 with 3078 viewsnix

January transfers thread on 15:46 - Jan 18 by rsonist

Crap, stupid, violent, bigoted... other than that it's a winner.

Oh and the fact that their fans are asking how much they'll have to pay to get rid of him. And if QPR are looking for someone who only passes simple and sideways and has no impact on a game, then he's the right player.

I really hope these rumours aren't true. I'd rather Betache played. This isn't the solid, reliable, effective pro we need. I know we haven't got any cash but I don't want to waste the money we've got down the back of the sofa on players like this.
January transfers thread on 10:48 - Jan 19 with 2683 viewssimmo

Conor Hourihane available on loan to the Championship. Very possibly out of our price range with wages but would be ideal for a short term option and is out of contract in the summer... Goals and assists from deep midfield and 29 years old.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

January transfers thread on 10:55 - Jan 19 with 2653 viewsBrianMcCarthy

January transfers thread on 10:48 - Jan 19 by simmo

Conor Hourihane available on loan to the Championship. Very possibly out of our price range with wages but would be ideal for a short term option and is out of contract in the summer... Goals and assists from deep midfield and 29 years old.

Good player at our level. As you say though - probably too rich for our blood. But then we thought that about Austin.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

January transfers thread on 11:31 - Jan 19 with 2574 viewsNorthernr

Going Swansea, ahead of Bournemouth and, of course, Forest.
January transfers thread on 11:52 - Jan 19 with 2489 viewsJeff

Hourihane couldn't be more perfect for us if you made him from Ray Wilkins rib.

which means there's no chance of it happening.

Can we not knock it?

January transfers thread on 11:54 - Jan 19 with 2468 viewssimmo

January transfers thread on 11:31 - Jan 19 by Northernr

Lots of talk, Twitter reckons Boro.

I understand why he'd be beyond us with his PL wages and likely high loan fee, but we're 3 weeks into the window now without a CM so we're going to end up overspending somewhere

January transfers thread on 11:55 - Jan 19 with 2459 viewsLongsufferingR

January transfers thread on 11:31 - Jan 19 by Northernr

I would say that's the 2nd automatic promotion spot sewn up then.
January transfers thread on 12:29 - Jan 19 with 2324 viewsBazzeR

If we did have money to spend in this window I would have thought a competitive M/F able to get up and down the pitch would be a higher priority.

I would agree with previous posters opinion of Ofoborh at Bournemouth as being a good prospect in our price range.
January transfers thread on 12:38 - Jan 19 with 2275 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Just seen on Twitter that we're apparently interested in Ravel Morrison, who's been released...

Good grief.
January transfers thread on 12:46 - Jan 19 with 2236 viewsCroydonCaptJack

January transfers thread on 12:38 - Jan 19 by Ashdown_Ranger

Just seen on Twitter that we're apparently interested in Ravel Morrison, who's been released...

Good grief.

Was that on his agents account by any chance?
January transfers thread on 12:46 - Jan 19 with 2234 viewsdanehoop

January transfers thread on 12:38 - Jan 19 by Ashdown_Ranger

Good grief.

I would hazard that Ravel's agent thinks we'd be a great fit. Not sure we would though.

Never knowingly understood

January transfers thread on 12:49 - Jan 19 with 2218 viewsBakes

Surely that’s a car crash waiting to happen

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

January transfers thread on 14:46 - Jan 19 with 2016 viewsfrancisbowles

January transfers thread on 12:49 - Jan 19 by Bakes

Looking forward to welcoming him to Loftus Road, virtually.
January transfers thread on 14:51 - Jan 19 with 1981 viewsHunterhoop

January transfers thread on 12:49 - Jan 19 by Bakes

All his facial features seem oversized in that photo. It’s odd.

I can’t work out if that means he has a large face or unnaturally less space on his face outside of the eyebrows, eyes, nose, mouth and ears.
January transfers thread on 16:01 - Jan 19 with 1836 viewssimmo

Strong rated RB Perry Ng signed by Cardiff for just 350k (after they rejected 250k initially). 150+ league appearances, former POTY for Crewe and League 2 team of the year member - still only 24.

Where's that Kane hitting the opposition left back GIF?

January transfers thread on 16:35 - Jan 19 with 1739 viewshantssi

January transfers thread on 16:01 - Jan 19 by simmo

Strong rated RB Perry Ng signed by Cardiff for just 350k (after they rejected 250k initially). 150+ league appearances, former POTY for Crewe and League 2 team of the year member - still only 24.

Where's that Kane hitting the opposition left back GIF?

I know what you mean Simmo but can you imagine the Tw@ttersphere if we’d signed him?
Never heard of him, must be crap
League 2, nobody else wanted him, must be crap
Only £350K, must be crap
Etc
Etc
Etc
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024