Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January transfers thread 15:07 - Dec 23 with 65190 viewsNorthernr

Troy Parrott being recalled from his loan at Millwall ands sent out somewhere else.

Have we called in a Spurs favour?

Lay off that wine Clive.
January transfers thread on 18:28 - Jan 28 with 3692 viewshantssi

January transfers thread on 18:11 - Jan 28 by Roller

£17m parachute payment, sadly the last one

And we still lost £12M!
Just goes to show there’s no headroom for spending with the new FFP or whatever it’s called these days.
January transfers thread on 18:37 - Jan 28 with 3640 viewssupahoopsa

January transfers thread on 18:11 - Jan 28 by Roller

£17m parachute payment, sadly the last one

In 2019, really? Wow

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

January transfers thread on 19:18 - Jan 28 with 3521 viewssimmo

Fisher the Preston RB also off to Boro for 300k apparently, nice little move for a low fee! Warnock making some late additions before he 'retires'

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

January transfers thread on 19:38 - Jan 28 with 3426 viewsWatford_Ranger

January transfers thread on 19:18 - Jan 28 by simmo

Fisher the Preston RB also off to Boro for 300k apparently, nice little move for a low fee! Warnock making some late additions before he 'retires'

That seems strangely cheap. Then again Fisher molests the opposition.
January transfers thread on 19:49 - Jan 28 with 3386 viewsaston_hoop

January transfers thread on 19:18 - Jan 28 by simmo

https://streamable.com/tggugb

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

January transfers thread on 12:01 - Jan 29 with 2986 viewsrsonist

Wondering what Karl makes of the latest rumoured Scottish exports - Millwall bidding over 1m for Ryan Porteous, Birmingham supposedly for Kevin Nisbet at same and Sam Cosgrove at Aberdeen.

Shankland hype seems to have died a death.
January transfers thread on 12:17 - Jan 29 with 2943 viewsNorthernr

January transfers thread on 12:01 - Jan 29 by rsonist

Wondering what Karl makes of the latest rumoured Scottish exports - Millwall bidding over 1m for Ryan Porteous, Birmingham supposedly for Kevin Nisbet at same and Sam Cosgrove at Aberdeen.

I did see he'd scored from the halfway line the other day. Wind assisted.
January transfers thread on 12:22 - Jan 29 with 2922 viewskensalriser

January transfers thread on 19:49 - Jan 28 by aston_hoop

https://streamable.com/tggugb

In any other walk of life this creep would have a criminal conviction and be on the sexual offenders register.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

January transfers thread on 12:30 - Jan 29 with 2879 viewsStanisgod

January transfers thread on 15:16 - Jan 28 by nix

If their loss last year was £36 million what the hell is it this season with this even greater merry cast of men and no match day income 😱

Deffo some sort of fiddle going on there.
No Premier income for donkeys, a squad of 50 players, continually added to, good average wage etc.
The compo for sackings must be a fortune.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

January transfers thread on 12:33 - Jan 29 with 2831 views2Thomas2Bowles

January transfers thread on 12:22 - Jan 29 by kensalriser

In any other walk of life this creep would have a criminal conviction and be on the sexual offenders register.

Tashman did not look too upset
[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 12:37]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

January transfers thread on 12:36 - Jan 29 with 2849 viewsNorthernr

January transfers thread on 12:30 - Jan 29 by Stanisgod

Deffo some sort of fiddle going on there.
No Premier income for donkeys, a squad of 50 players, continually added to, good average wage etc.
The compo for sackings must be a fortune.

Because every now and again they suddenly, randomly and completely above board get £8m for Arvin Appiah from the Spanish second division...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arvin_Appiah
January transfers thread on 12:43 - Jan 29 with 2821 viewsBrianMcCarthy

January transfers thread on 12:36 - Jan 29 by Northernr

Because every now and again they suddenly, randomly and completely above board get £8m for Arvin Appiah from the Spanish second division...

Even my Forest mate has finally conceded that the whole thing is crooked.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

January transfers thread on 12:43 - Jan 29 with 2810 viewsrsonist

Some dodgy but not exactly unimaginable reports that Forest are trying to get summer signing Harry Arter to leave this window.

January transfers thread on 12:47 - Jan 29 with 2783 viewsrsonist

January transfers thread on 12:36 - Jan 29 by Northernr

Enjoyed Matt Doherty making a particularly bad fist of pretending he wasn't a Mendes backhander yesterday.
January transfers thread on 13:22 - Jan 29 with 2679 viewsrsonist

https://www.thetotallyfootballshow.com/podcasts/totally-football-league-show-ext

Discussion from 27:14 about left back suggestions for us but to sum up "I think if QPR are going to rebuild they need to be signing players like Pickering". Bah.

Companion thread on @NTT20Pod and elsewhere on Twitter today suggests Tayo Edun at Lincoln and (double bah) Ryan Giles.
January transfers thread on 13:29 - Jan 29 with 2637 viewsNorthernr

January transfers thread on 12:43 - Jan 29 by rsonist

Some dodgy but not exactly unimaginable reports that Forest are trying to get summer signing Harry Arter to leave this window.

The ex-Man Utd lad they made a big song and dance about in the summer and gave a four year contract is already out on loan in Cyprus.
January transfers thread on 13:53 - Jan 29 with 2508 viewskarl

Official site building up to something, quite probably that Chair has signed an extension?
I'm not starting a thread on it!

Edit, been confirmed so I did!
[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 14:03]
January transfers thread on 22:47 - Jan 29 with 2196 viewsQPRSteve

Seems to be a lot of talk on the net about us loaning James Garner from Man. U. However he is currently on loan at Watford so probably rubbish,
January transfers thread on 23:02 - Jan 29 with 2146 viewsjeffranger

I see Henri Lansbury been released by Villa, worth a gamble?
January transfers thread on 23:23 - Jan 29 with 2106 viewsMaggsinho

January transfers thread on 22:47 - Jan 29 by QPRSteve

Seems to be a lot of talk on the net about us loaning James Garner from Man. U. However he is currently on loan at Watford so probably rubbish,

His loan has been terminated. Looks like it’s us and...you guessed it, Forest in for him.
January transfers thread on 23:50 - Jan 29 with 2057 viewsjeffranger

Apparently just signed for Bristol City
[Post edited 30 Jan 2021 0:00]
January transfers thread on 00:09 - Jan 30 with 2026 viewskarl

January transfers thread on 12:01 - Jan 29 by rsonist

Missed this with the Ilias story earlier.
Starting with the Aberdeen player Cosgrove, he had a very poor goalscoring record before Aberdeen (Carlisle?) and struggled to start with but all of a sudden he was scoring everything he hit, playing well and a real handful physically.
Pre season Guincamp offered and had a big bid accepted, I think it was over 3m Euros, but he turned down the move. It was definitely a great deal for Aberdeen as he was still recovering from bad knee injury and since he came back its looked an even better deal as he's looked very wooden.
He's a good physical player but his touch is heavy and inconsistent, Birmingham offer is supposed to be £2m, too much I think but if Uche Ikpeazu (Wycombe) is a reasonable Championship player then Cosgrove is better and will play games but he's not a top 6 player imo.
Hibs players I'm obviously biased so not so straight forward.
Nisbet, for me he's a quandary, I tipped him at Dunfermline as one to watch but said I didn't think he was ready for Championship. It surprised me when Hibs got him as it was a decent fee but he is a Hibs boy from the city so bit easier to deal with I would imagine.
It was physically I meant about being not ready and despite being top scorer in SPL I'm still not convinced he is just not quite on it and for Championship I think he'll get swallowed up. They're talking £2m for him too but it's too much for a player who is still a development project, could go either way.
Same with Scotland, they're talking him up but I don't think he's a smart enough footballer, he is a goalscorer so maybe could just get in the groove and everything goes well.
Caveat on Nisbet is that his dad died in the week before Scottish Cup semifinal in December and he missed a penalty which would have won against Hearts, him and, to be fair, the team in general haven't been the same since. This might explain a lot of his 'average' performances of course.
Porteous is a slightly different situation as he is now well established as a 21yr old academy product and hoping he started to develop as a real leader. He's a good player but there's an element of the media in Scotland after him due to his on going battle with Morelos and Rangers in general (he was guilty of a horrible challenge on Barasic last season) and they're piling on him at small mistakes.
I think he should leave Scotland for a decent Championship club where he will start plenty games, he's good enough and will get better, I think Millwall would be a good level for him. Someone who is often right on Hibs rumours says they have offered over £1.3m and if true that is a good deal for Hibs too, pre season most would say he was a £5m player in the making but think he needs to reset and get the best for both club and player.
Player to watch is Josh Doig, left sided 19yr old who has been playing as Wing back and occasionally left back but as junior was a left sided centre back.
He's going to be very good when he tidies up his defending and final ball.
Great engine, big lad and very quick. There's supposed to be EPL teams in for him but he would be a great acquisition for a Championship team willing to forego the odd mistake in order to give him regular starts, I think he needs to play games and going to sit in the stands for an EPL team will stifle his progress.
As a Hibs fan I don't think we should sell yet as he'd probably go for £1m-£2m whereas next season you would at least double it.
January transfers thread on 00:18 - Jan 30 with 2014 viewskarl

Shankland, forgot him!
Been very quiet but think he's suffering playing in a very defensive side playing one up front.
Haven't seen enough of him but against Hibs he's been very quiet, likely go and do us over tomorrow now I've said that...
I hadn't heard the halfway line goal was wind assisted but even so it was a wonderful strike and certainly no fluke.
I've a feeling Dundee United will be rueing not accepting the rumoured £3m offers pre season as he's not shown that level recently, albeit having an injury interrupted season.
He would be a big gamble at that price and tbh probably going to fail I think. Just takes a run of goals and that changes though
January transfers thread on 11:22 - Jan 30 with 1656 viewsNorthernr

Man Utd have recalled the lad from Watford we were linked with but apparently Forest are in 😅
January transfers thread on 11:26 - Jan 30 with 1636 viewsBrianMcCarthy

January transfers thread on 11:22 - Jan 30 by Northernr

Man Utd have recalled the lad from Watford we were linked with but apparently Forest are in 😅

Well, naturally!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024