Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January transfers thread 15:07 - Dec 23 with 65958 viewsNorthernr

Troy Parrott being recalled from his loan at Millwall ands sent out somewhere else.

Have we called in a Spurs favour?

Lay off that wine Clive.
January transfers thread on 11:37 - Jan 30 with 3637 viewsfrancisbowles

January transfers thread on 11:26 - Jan 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, naturally!

Probably just to stop him going to a relegation rival!
January transfers thread on 12:18 - Jan 30 with 3502 viewsrsonist

January transfers thread on 00:09 - Jan 30 by karl

Missed this with the Ilias story earlier.
Starting with the Aberdeen player Cosgrove, he had a very poor goalscoring record before Aberdeen (Carlisle?) and struggled to start with but all of a sudden he was scoring everything he hit, playing well and a real handful physically.
Pre season Guincamp offered and had a big bid accepted, I think it was over 3m Euros, but he turned down the move. It was definitely a great deal for Aberdeen as he was still recovering from bad knee injury and since he came back its looked an even better deal as he's looked very wooden.
He's a good physical player but his touch is heavy and inconsistent, Birmingham offer is supposed to be £2m, too much I think but if Uche Ikpeazu (Wycombe) is a reasonable Championship player then Cosgrove is better and will play games but he's not a top 6 player imo.
Hibs players I'm obviously biased so not so straight forward.
Nisbet, for me he's a quandary, I tipped him at Dunfermline as one to watch but said I didn't think he was ready for Championship. It surprised me when Hibs got him as it was a decent fee but he is a Hibs boy from the city so bit easier to deal with I would imagine.
It was physically I meant about being not ready and despite being top scorer in SPL I'm still not convinced he is just not quite on it and for Championship I think he'll get swallowed up. They're talking £2m for him too but it's too much for a player who is still a development project, could go either way.
Same with Scotland, they're talking him up but I don't think he's a smart enough footballer, he is a goalscorer so maybe could just get in the groove and everything goes well.
Caveat on Nisbet is that his dad died in the week before Scottish Cup semifinal in December and he missed a penalty which would have won against Hearts, him and, to be fair, the team in general haven't been the same since. This might explain a lot of his 'average' performances of course.
Porteous is a slightly different situation as he is now well established as a 21yr old academy product and hoping he started to develop as a real leader. He's a good player but there's an element of the media in Scotland after him due to his on going battle with Morelos and Rangers in general (he was guilty of a horrible challenge on Barasic last season) and they're piling on him at small mistakes.
I think he should leave Scotland for a decent Championship club where he will start plenty games, he's good enough and will get better, I think Millwall would be a good level for him. Someone who is often right on Hibs rumours says they have offered over £1.3m and if true that is a good deal for Hibs too, pre season most would say he was a £5m player in the making but think he needs to reset and get the best for both club and player.
Player to watch is Josh Doig, left sided 19yr old who has been playing as Wing back and occasionally left back but as junior was a left sided centre back.
He's going to be very good when he tidies up his defending and final ball.
Great engine, big lad and very quick. There's supposed to be EPL teams in for him but he would be a great acquisition for a Championship team willing to forego the odd mistake in order to give him regular starts, I think he needs to play games and going to sit in the stands for an EPL team will stifle his progress.
As a Hibs fan I don't think we should sell yet as he'd probably go for £1m-£2m whereas next season you would at least double it.

Great stuff as ever, ta for that.
January transfers thread on 14:42 - Jan 30 with 3332 viewsDixie_CT

Dalling joining Wealdstone looks like a good move to a local team playing in the National League.

Didn’t realised that Deshane is turning 23 this year and is only six months younger than Bright! In fact some of our younger players aren’t actually that young in relative comparison.
January transfers thread on 15:03 - Jan 30 with 3264 viewsDixie_CT

Long term transfer rumour, Jordan Jones, has joined Sunderland from Glasgow Rangers. Be a good chance for us to see how he gets on should he be a genuine target.
January transfers thread on 15:26 - Jan 30 with 3212 viewsAshdown_Ranger

James Garner's loan terminated by mutual consent, with QPR interested
January transfers thread on 15:28 - Jan 30 with 3205 viewsRangersw12

January transfers thread on 15:26 - Jan 30 by Ashdown_Ranger

He's going to Forest
January transfers thread on 16:31 - Jan 30 with 3063 viewsterryb

January transfers thread on 15:28 - Jan 30 by Rangersw12

He's going to Forest

Where he will sit on the bench just as he did at Watford!
January transfers thread on 11:04 - Jan 31 with 2762 viewsfrancisbowles

January transfers thread on 16:31 - Jan 30 by terryb

Where he will sit on the bench just as he did at Watford!

Luke Freeman makes the bench yesterday. First involvement since the 21st November. Now they sign another midfielder! It seems to be the waste of a second season since he left!
Login to get fewer ads

January transfers thread on 11:13 - Jan 31 with 2714 viewsjeffranger

Bournemouth’s Dan Gosling to sign for Watford
January transfers thread on 11:19 - Jan 31 with 2691 viewsNorthernr

By my count Forest have seven loans now, and you can only pick five.
January transfers thread on 11:20 - Jan 31 with 2688 viewsJigsore

is the loans manager at Man United stupid? Garner's never going to make a mark with Forest's clown car ensemble as it is
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 11:20]

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

January transfers thread on 12:43 - Jan 31 with 2529 viewsenfieldargh

Just seems crazy how Forest can have so many players on their books and still want more.

Its a shame that FFP will carry no weight whatsoever whilst we Covid is around

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

January transfers thread on 13:05 - Jan 31 with 2434 viewsflynnbo

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/nottingham-forest-hoping-to-pull-off-late-qpr-
January transfers thread on 13:15 - Jan 31 with 2393 viewsMatch82

January transfers thread on 11:20 - Jan 31 by Jigsore

is the loans manager at Man United stupid? Garner's never going to make a mark with Forest's clown car ensemble as it is
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 11:20]

I believe they have eight members of staff responsible for loans which one are you referring to?
January transfers thread on 14:17 - Jan 31 with 2197 viewsdavman

January transfers thread on 15:26 - Jan 30 by Ashdown_Ranger

Jim Rockford lives!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

January transfers thread on 16:27 - Jan 31 with 2023 viewsNorthernr

January transfers thread on 00:09 - Jan 30 by karl

Missed this with the Ilias story earlier.
Starting with the Aberdeen player Cosgrove, he had a very poor goalscoring record before Aberdeen (Carlisle?) and struggled to start with but all of a sudden he was scoring everything he hit, playing well and a real handful physically.
Pre season Guincamp offered and had a big bid accepted, I think it was over 3m Euros, but he turned down the move. It was definitely a great deal for Aberdeen as he was still recovering from bad knee injury and since he came back its looked an even better deal as he's looked very wooden.
He's a good physical player but his touch is heavy and inconsistent, Birmingham offer is supposed to be £2m, too much I think but if Uche Ikpeazu (Wycombe) is a reasonable Championship player then Cosgrove is better and will play games but he's not a top 6 player imo.
Hibs players I'm obviously biased so not so straight forward.
Nisbet, for me he's a quandary, I tipped him at Dunfermline as one to watch but said I didn't think he was ready for Championship. It surprised me when Hibs got him as it was a decent fee but he is a Hibs boy from the city so bit easier to deal with I would imagine.
It was physically I meant about being not ready and despite being top scorer in SPL I'm still not convinced he is just not quite on it and for Championship I think he'll get swallowed up. They're talking £2m for him too but it's too much for a player who is still a development project, could go either way.
Same with Scotland, they're talking him up but I don't think he's a smart enough footballer, he is a goalscorer so maybe could just get in the groove and everything goes well.
Caveat on Nisbet is that his dad died in the week before Scottish Cup semifinal in December and he missed a penalty which would have won against Hearts, him and, to be fair, the team in general haven't been the same since. This might explain a lot of his 'average' performances of course.
Porteous is a slightly different situation as he is now well established as a 21yr old academy product and hoping he started to develop as a real leader. He's a good player but there's an element of the media in Scotland after him due to his on going battle with Morelos and Rangers in general (he was guilty of a horrible challenge on Barasic last season) and they're piling on him at small mistakes.
I think he should leave Scotland for a decent Championship club where he will start plenty games, he's good enough and will get better, I think Millwall would be a good level for him. Someone who is often right on Hibs rumours says they have offered over £1.3m and if true that is a good deal for Hibs too, pre season most would say he was a £5m player in the making but think he needs to reset and get the best for both club and player.
Player to watch is Josh Doig, left sided 19yr old who has been playing as Wing back and occasionally left back but as junior was a left sided centre back.
He's going to be very good when he tidies up his defending and final ball.
Great engine, big lad and very quick. There's supposed to be EPL teams in for him but he would be a great acquisition for a Championship team willing to forego the odd mistake in order to give him regular starts, I think he needs to play games and going to sit in the stands for an EPL team will stifle his progress.
As a Hibs fan I don't think we should sell yet as he'd probably go for £1m-£2m whereas next season you would at least double it.

Cosgrove has indeed gone to Birmingham.
January transfers thread on 16:33 - Jan 31 with 1983 viewsNorthernr

Not sure it belongs on here really but Nahki Wells is taking an absolute pasting from Bristol City fans. Linked with Assombalonga and Jutkiewicz.
January transfers thread on 16:35 - Jan 31 with 1980 viewsdistortR

January transfers thread on 00:18 - Jan 30 by karl

Shankland, forgot him!
Been very quiet but think he's suffering playing in a very defensive side playing one up front.
Haven't seen enough of him but against Hibs he's been very quiet, likely go and do us over tomorrow now I've said that...
I hadn't heard the halfway line goal was wind assisted but even so it was a wonderful strike and certainly no fluke.
I've a feeling Dundee United will be rueing not accepting the rumoured £3m offers pre season as he's not shown that level recently, albeit having an injury interrupted season.
He would be a big gamble at that price and tbh probably going to fail I think. Just takes a run of goals and that changes though

I see Cummings is back in Scotland - you must be gutted it's not with Hibs?
I thought he may well do well in England.................
January transfers thread on 16:40 - Jan 31 with 1968 viewskarl

January transfers thread on 16:27 - Jan 31 by Northernr

Cosgrove has indeed gone to Birmingham.

I'm going by reputation on Karanka but Cosgrove could do OK as a lone front man but if they're also in for Nisbet at Hibs he will struggle if they are not playing with close support to him, it hasn't worked for him as a lone striker
January transfers thread on 16:44 - Jan 31 with 1946 viewskarl

January transfers thread on 16:35 - Jan 31 by distortR

I see Cummings is back in Scotland - you must be gutted it's not with Hibs?
I thought he may well do well in England.................

Will always have a soft spot for him, he left a season too early but again the difference in wage at Hibs and Forest would have been huge so it is understandable but his career and has been in continual downward spiral since. He must look at John McGinn and regret some choices he has made?
I would have him back but I don't think he's been a good pro last few years so probably re starting in Scottish Championship is a good idea and hopefully gets back on track by denying Hearts promotion 😂
January transfers thread on 16:46 - Jan 31 with 1931 viewsGloucs_R

Glenn Murray is likely to sign for....... You guessed it......

Forest 🙄

Poll: Are we staying up?

January transfers thread on 16:47 - Jan 31 with 1928 viewsNorthernr

January transfers thread on 16:44 - Jan 31 by karl

Will always have a soft spot for him, he left a season too early but again the difference in wage at Hibs and Forest would have been huge so it is understandable but his career and has been in continual downward spiral since. He must look at John McGinn and regret some choices he has made?
I would have him back but I don't think he's been a good pro last few years so probably re starting in Scottish Championship is a good idea and hopefully gets back on track by denying Hearts promotion 😂

Move to Forest and you basically deserve everything you get. It's clear now, it's there for all to see. They're trying to pay up and jettison players they were crawling over hot coals to sign just five months ago. You go there you're going for money and money alone, you have no ambition to win anything or even to play any football.
January transfers thread on 16:47 - Jan 31 with 1927 viewsloftboy

January transfers thread on 16:33 - Jan 31 by Northernr

Not sure it belongs on here really but Nahki Wells is taking an absolute pasting from Bristol City fans. Linked with Assombalonga and Jutkiewicz.

But could he play alongside Chaz? 🤪

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

January transfers thread on 17:00 - Jan 31 with 1863 viewskarl

January transfers thread on 16:47 - Jan 31 by Northernr

Move to Forest and you basically deserve everything you get. It's clear now, it's there for all to see. They're trying to pay up and jettison players they were crawling over hot coals to sign just five months ago. You go there you're going for money and money alone, you have no ambition to win anything or even to play any football.

Yes, bizarre.
I haven't followed them but has McKenna (from Aberdeen) the centre back been getting games?
January transfers thread on 17:16 - Jan 31 with 1809 viewsLongsufferingR

January transfers thread on 16:47 - Jan 31 by Northernr

I don't get what they are trying to achieve as a club. It seems to be a quick route to bankruptcy unless there's some sort of money laundering operation going on. A year or two ago you could have said they were gambling everything on going up but even a season in the PL wouldn't wipe out what they've lost to get there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024