Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which 2 players would you choose from the past? 12:18 - Jan 12 with 3508 viewssoops

Having Charlie back and thinking of how good a 2013 Charlie Austin would be in this team, got me thinking.... Which 2 players from the past do you think would make the biggest difference to the current team?
Much as Stan is my favourite all-time player and the first name down on any Rangers Legends team for me, I think the current team would best be served with the addition of:
1. Sir Les
2. Gerry Francis
Which 2 players would you choose from the past? on 12:20 - Jan 12 with 2773 viewsPinnerPaul

I'll go for Don Masson and Dave Clement

Great idea for a thread though!
Which 2 players would you choose from the past? on 12:27 - Jan 12 with 2741 viewsStanisgod

Must be, for people my age anyway, an impossible choice.

But I go for Gerry and Macca with this team today.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Which 2 players would you choose from the past? on 12:31 - Jan 12 with 2733 viewsessextaxiboy

Dave Thomas and David Bardsley
Which 2 players would you choose from the past? on 12:31 - Jan 12 with 2723 viewsTomcat75

with our current situation but more importantly because they were both great full backs

David Bardsley and Clive WIlson

How Bardsley only got 2 caps for England and Clive Wilson never being capped at all is beyond me

both so underated

i cant think of a decent right back or left back weve had since

Kyle Walker (on loan) cant think of anyone esle
Which 2 players would you choose from the past? on 12:43 - Jan 12 with 2693 viewsEsox_Lucius

Adel Taarabt & Eduardo Vargas.

The grass is always greener.

Which 2 players would you choose from the past? on 12:57 - Jan 12 with 2678 viewsMyke

With Charlie back we don't need another striker, so I'll go with Ian Gillard and Eddie Kelly
Which 2 players would you choose from the past? on 13:01 - Jan 12 with 2659 viewspaulparker

Bardsley & Wilson
Dawes & Neil
Walker & Hill
Dennis & Fereday

Any of those full back combinations over the crap we have now

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Which 2 players would you choose from the past? on 13:05 - Jan 12 with 2663 viewshantssi

Good thread.
As said above, with Charlie back (I’m guessing we’re talking about at their prime here), I go for a midfield general so Gerry Francis who could also pitch in with a few goals plus David Bardsley at RB who again can chip in with a few goals and was a pretty decent centre half as well.
Login to get fewer ads

Which 2 players would you choose from the past? on 13:07 - Jan 12 with 2642 viewsTomcat75

Bardsley

hardly banged in a goal for us when he did score it was when we first signed him as a right midfielder in a swap with Oxford for Mark Stein.

great great fullback

cant ever remember him playing centre back
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 13:11]
Which 2 players would you choose from the past? on 13:22 - Jan 12 with 2620 viewsnix

I'd go for Wilson and Derry. Bit more bite and some real flair.
Which 2 players would you choose from the past? on 13:26 - Jan 12 with 2615 viewsCamberleyR

Terry Fenwick and Gary Waddock to add a bit of a spine to the team.

Alternatively, Gerry Francis and Don Masson. A box-to-box player and a playmaker. Perfect midfield partnership.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Which 2 players would you choose from the past? on 13:45 - Jan 12 with 2565 viewsslmrstid

I'll go with players I've actually seen in my QPR era...

So replacing the whole team...

If it had to be 2, I'd have 2002-2004 Danny Shittu in there, and 2010-2012 (before ACL #1) Ale Faurlin in there.

Get a proper spine down the middle of the team. I think Dom Ball could play the Shaun Derry ball winning role, but we have no-one for him to give it to who can do the Ale Faurlin stuff. That would push Chair up the pitch a bit to be more Adel-like (appreciating Chair isnt quite at Adel's level!)
Which 2 players would you choose from the past? on 14:29 - Jan 12 with 2502 viewslightwaterhoop

For this side we have at the moment,Gerry Francis and Clive Allen.
Which 2 players would you choose from the past? on 14:32 - Jan 12 with 2493 viewsflynnbo

Les Ferdinand and Alan McDonald.
Which 2 players would you choose from the past? on 14:38 - Jan 12 with 2479 viewsdaveB

Ray Wilkins and Les Ferdinand
Which 2 players would you choose from the past? on 14:50 - Jan 12 with 2452 viewsRBlock

Ale Faurlin for sure, adding strong challenges and classy vision to the midfield. Adel Taarabt also, because why on earth not. Make QPR Fun Again!
Which 2 players would you choose from the past? on 14:51 - Jan 12 with 2447 viewsJuzzie

Macca and Wilkins.
Which 2 players would you choose from the past? on 15:00 - Jan 12 with 2430 viewsBucksRanger

Which 2 players would you choose from the past? on 14:51 - Jan 12 by Juzzie

Macca and Wilkins.

Mike Keen & Rodney Marsh
Which 2 players would you choose from the past? on 15:00 - Jan 12 with 2430 viewsDorse

Big Dan and a clone of Big Dan made from Big DNA.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Which 2 players would you choose from the past? on 15:06 - Jan 12 with 2418 viewsjohncharles

It has to be Stan and Gerry but there’s a fair few mentioned on here that I would be delighted to see again.

Strong and stable my arse.

Which 2 players would you choose from the past? on 15:12 - Jan 12 with 2396 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Bowles and Macca for me.
Which 2 players would you choose from the past? on 15:15 - Jan 12 with 2389 viewsBoston

For this team..,.

Dave Thomas
Ray Wilkins

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Which 2 players would you choose from the past? on 15:15 - Jan 12 with 2388 viewsDubaiR

I would still take Sir Les, can partner Charlie and I would add in Quashie. Would improve midfield no end, capable of goals and we would finish top 6
Which 2 players would you choose from the past? on 15:23 - Jan 12 with 2383 viewsWren67

Stan and Les
Which 2 players would you choose from the past? on 16:05 - Jan 12 with 2348 viewsloftboy

Macca and Bannister

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024