Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams 17:13 - Jan 22 with 28254 viewsdavman

50 tomorrow!

As my birthday is around Cup 4th round, we never seem to play, so tomorrow is a rare one.

Surely it can't be three wins on the trot?

Pessimism keeps me high in the prediction league; I always hope I'm going to be wrong, but unfortunately since lockdown, it seems not to be the way.

A 1-1 with Dykes finally scoring in open play...
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 17:58]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 18:35 - Jan 23 with 1702 viewsJamesB1979

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 18:33 - Jan 23 by Watford_Ranger

I would agree but after losing Manning for 30p the alternative is the occasionally fit Wallace and if he ever plays at wing-back then god help us all.

Yeah I guess so. But Niko’s tracking back to get to his man for their goal was abysmal. Where was the drive and determination to stop him?
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 18:38 - Jan 23 with 1679 viewsGreenbay

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:00 - Jan 23 by Nov77

think you need to look at the table again!

Nov 77 - You're quite right. Thanks
Never trust the BBC 'As it stands' table at the time - 7 mins after the match finished.
I thought it looked too good.
So QPR 17th spot - correct.
7 points clear of the relegation zone - with Rotherham in 22nd - having 3 games in hand.
2 points clear of Derby - same games.
And 6 points from 3 games is still ok.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 18:43 - Jan 23 with 1638 viewsNortholt_Rs

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 18:38 - Jan 23 by Greenbay

Nov 77 - You're quite right. Thanks
Never trust the BBC 'As it stands' table at the time - 7 mins after the match finished.
I thought it looked too good.
So QPR 17th spot - correct.
7 points clear of the relegation zone - with Rotherham in 22nd - having 3 games in hand.
2 points clear of Derby - same games.
And 6 points from 3 games is still ok.

That was a horrible result today.... and a pony performance all round.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 18:44 - Jan 23 with 1643 viewsManinBlack

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 18:03 - Jan 23 by ted_hendrix

That is appalling, no other word for it. Sadly the last time we scored a goal at home we still managed to lose.

Wonderful. Looks like we are attempting for another unwanted club record of 7 home games in a row without scoring.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 18:44 - Jan 23 with 1641 viewsRangersw12

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:28 - Jan 23 by paulparker

I think we are going down it’s all self inflicted
Why take off Austin with 10 to go ?
Why bring on Albert with no one to cross to ?
Why is Willock only lasting 60 minutes ?
Today was the day we could and should of been 8 points clear of Derby, we have put ourselves right back in the crap today with that crap display , especially 1st half
If we insist on playing two full backs who cannot cross a ball then go full on 4-4-2 with Albert & Willock as wingers and tell the fullbacks to sit on the halfway line

442 isn't a bad shout now we've gone more direct

Puts more players in their correct positions than 352 does
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 20:14 - Jan 23 with 1470 viewsloftboy

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 18:44 - Jan 23 by ManinBlack

Wonderful. Looks like we are attempting for another unwanted club record of 7 home games in a row without scoring.

Scant consolation but Millwall last won at home on January 18th 2020 over a year ago!

Edit that it’s only Saturday games
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 20:20]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 22:03 - Jan 23 with 1377 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 18:44 - Jan 23 by ManinBlack

Does anybody know if we have a good record at home against teams starting in the letter B?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 11:37 - Jan 24 with 1168 viewsPinnerPaul

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:22 - Jan 23 by Gloucs_R

Bringing off Willock was a massive mistake, he was our motm up until then.

Chair was poor overall, I'd have given Thomas a run.

Uncle should have been introduced earlier.

We had nothing down the wings. Niko and Kane were invisible.

Win some, lose some but thought Rooney and co got their tactics spot on. We didn't adapt fast enough.

Yep that's fair enough re the subs mate.

Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.
Login to get fewer ads

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 11:45 - Jan 24 with 1155 viewsPinnerPaul

I get the shout for a pen, but still don't think it is - handball law is so complicated I can understand why many think it was.

However, our TWO cautions

1) Late tackle by Geoff and he ended up studding the bloke's ankle
2) Kane, wrong side of his man, tried to pull him back when that didn't work, he kicked him

how on earth anyone can say they are not yellows is beyond me.

Their ONE caution - Shimmin takes out Chair - clearest yellow of the day.

What else? No other challenges in the game anything like those 3?!
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 12:07 - Jan 24 with 1113 views2Thomas2Bowles

I get the shout for a pen, but still don't think it is - handball law is so complicated I can understand why many think it was.

Are you fecking blind ref

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 12:10 - Jan 24 with 1121 viewsWatford_Ranger

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 11:45 - Jan 24 by PinnerPaul

2) Kane, wrong side of his man, tried to pull him back when that didn't work, he kicked him

Does it not apply to the first bullet point here?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54321867
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 13:49 - Jan 24 with 1059 viewsMatch82

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:37 - Jan 23 by OldPedro

Niko looks like he needs some time to develop - unfortunately we don't have the options within the squad to give him that time. Lee Wallace has been a huge disappointment since he has been at Rangers - hardly ever fit and makes huge errors when he plays.

Definitely need someone in at left back

This.

We need a better left back this year but I'm not concerned about the 4 year contract, I doubt he's in the top ten of wages at the club so feels like a low risk move which could pay off if he does make progress.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 14:15 - Jan 24 with 1031 viewsdavman

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 11:45 - Jan 24 by PinnerPaul

Agree with you on the two cautions, but you are clearly protecting your fellow refs on the pen shout. An absolute stonewaller. VAR wouid have taken 0.2 seconds to give that. Nothing natural about the hand position and clearly, clearly, clearly handball.

How on earth anyone, let alone a qualified ref, doesn't see that as a pen is beyond me.

Can we go out yet?

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 15:38 - Jan 24 with 977 viewsPinnerPaul

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 12:07 - Jan 24 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Are you fecking blind ref

Even I'm a bit bored with it now, but despite what you hear on the TV, the ball just hitting the hand isn't a penalty/free kick every time.

Really can't be bothered to cut and paste handball law, and I'm sure most glad about that, so just have to agree to disagree - on to the next one!
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 15:42 - Jan 24 with 969 viewsPinnerPaul

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 12:10 - Jan 24 by Watford_Ranger

Does it not apply to the first bullet point here?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54321867

See above - just saying that's not the handball law - its the BBC cutting and pasting bits of it!

To illustrate how messy it is is - did anyone see the Plymouth (non) handball v Sheff Utd?

Shot from at least 20 yards away, Plymouth player puts both hands above head, ball hits both and .......no penalty, even AFTER VAR review - utterly utterly bonkers!
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 15:49 - Jan 24 with 950 viewsPinnerPaul

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 14:15 - Jan 24 by davman

Agree with you on the two cautions, but you are clearly protecting your fellow refs on the pen shout. An absolute stonewaller. VAR wouid have taken 0.2 seconds to give that. Nothing natural about the hand position and clearly, clearly, clearly handball.

How on earth anyone, let alone a qualified ref, doesn't see that as a pen is beyond me.

Right you've goaded me into it, NOTHING in laws about arm 'away from the body', NOTHING in laws about arms in an unnatural position - that's all from the TV, here IS the ACTUAL law

the hand/arm has made their body unnaturally bigger
- the hand/arm is above/beyond their shoulder level (unless the player
deliberately plays the ball which then touches their hand/arm)
The above offences apply even if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm
directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is
close.
Except for the above offences, it is not an offence if the ball touches a
player’s hand/arm:

- directly from the player’s own head or body (including the foot)

See where I'm coming from now perhaps?

PS I'm sure a SG2 referee needs MY (Level 7) protection!
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:05 - Jan 24 with 928 viewsdavman

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 15:49 - Jan 24 by PinnerPaul

Right you've goaded me into it, NOTHING in laws about arm 'away from the body', NOTHING in laws about arms in an unnatural position - that's all from the TV, here IS the ACTUAL law

- the hand/arm is above/beyond their shoulder level (unless the player
deliberately plays the ball which then touches their hand/arm)
The above offences apply even if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm
directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is
close.
Except for the above offences, it is not an offence if the ball touches a
player’s hand/arm:

- directly from the player’s own head or body (including the foot)

See where I'm coming from now perhaps?

PS I'm sure a SG2 referee needs MY (Level 7) protection!

You are just cutting and pasting snippets, but now that I have read the whole thing, I can see why it is confusing. As with most things in this mutli-billion pound industry, the authorities don't help themselves. So many words, so little sense...

It is an offence if a player:

deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball
scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper
after the ball has touched their or a team-mate’s hand/arm, even if accidental, immediately:
scores in the opponents’ goal
creates a goal-scoring opportunity
touches the ball with their hand/arm when:
the hand/arm is above/beyond their shoulder level (unless the player deliberately plays the ball which then touches their hand/arm

"the hand/arm has made their body unnaturally bigger" - what a crock of shite. Whatever I try, my arms and hands can never make my body "unnaturally bigger". Everything is the same external volume, just arranged differently. Diving full length does not make a body unnaturally bigger; it is the same volume no matter what.

Still a stonewall pen in my eyes. His hand stopped the ball running into a dangerous area.

So, do you think that Morrison's one for Cardiff wasn't a pen?

Can we go out yet?

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:25 - Jan 24 with 902 viewsNov77

Pause the video when the ball hits his arm and you’ll see there was no way the ref could have seen it, he had two players in his line of sight.
As for the Lino, that’s a different matter.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:48 - Jan 24 with 880 viewsNorthernr

It's a penalty. Silly to pretend otherwise.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:55 - Jan 24 with 836 viewsstevenagehoop

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:05 - Jan 24 by davman

You are just cutting and pasting snippets, but now that I have read the whole thing, I can see why it is confusing. As with most things in this mutli-billion pound industry, the authorities don't help themselves. So many words, so little sense...

deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball
scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper
after the ball has touched their or a team-mate’s hand/arm, even if accidental, immediately:
the hand/arm is above/beyond their shoulder level (unless the player deliberately plays the ball which then touches their hand/arm

"the hand/arm has made their body unnaturally bigger" - what a crock of shite. Whatever I try, my arms and hands can never make my body "unnaturally bigger". Everything is the same external volume, just arranged differently. Diving full length does not make a body unnaturally bigger; it is the same volume no matter what.

Still a stonewall pen in my eyes. His hand stopped the ball running into a dangerous area.

Well Dav - as you know I was only a lower league referee but that is a penalty without a shadow of doubt. No clarity problem for me. Standard of officialdom in championship not that great in my opinion - hasn’t been for a little while.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 17:59]

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 15:42 - Jan 25 with 727 viewsPinnerPaul

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:05 - Jan 24 by davman

1) I only posted the relevant bits of the law - blimey I get called pedantic. It clearly wasn't deliberate and he wasn't scoring a goal so no need for all those bits?

2) I have posted on about 6 threads that I thought the Morrison one was a penalty, in fact my reply to Clive went something like this " How the ref or AR haven't seen that is beyond me"

As I've said before I'm not here to defend referees, just to give my opinion on decisions - don't think I don't scream and shout when I think they've got something wrong - believe me I do - just ask Mrs Pinner!
[Post edited 25 Jan 2021 15:43]
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 15:45 - Jan 25 with 714 viewsPinnerPaul

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:48 - Jan 24 by Northernr

It's a penalty. Silly to pretend otherwise.

I respect your opinion Clive, and as I have set out my reasoning, think dismissing mine as 'silly' is a bit unfair.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 15:48 - Jan 25 with 707 viewsOldPedro

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 15:45 - Jan 25 by PinnerPaul

I respect your opinion Clive, and as I have set out my reasoning, think dismissing mine as 'silly' is a bit unfair.

Maybe it's the rules then, because if that handball isn't a penalty, we might as well just give up with football.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:34 - Jan 25 with 686 viewsPinnerPaul

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 15:48 - Jan 25 by OldPedro

Maybe it's the rules then, because if that handball isn't a penalty, we might as well just give up with football.

I do have some sympathy with that.

As I have said before, they have mucked about with the handball law far too much, compounded by trying to fix the 'problem' that Europe and the UK didn't interpret the law the same.

In Europe - touch the ball (accidental or not) and it was given, here you had to practically catch it to give away a pen.

Now we are left with a law that is a) too complicated and b) open to too much 'interpretation'

Can totally see why some (most/!) think that was a pen and wouldn't have been a total shock if given, just personally, based on the law as I see it, don't think it was.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024