Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams 17:13 - Jan 22 with 28336 viewsdavman

50 tomorrow!

As my birthday is around Cup 4th round, we never seem to play, so tomorrow is a rare one.

Surely it can't be three wins on the trot?

Pessimism keeps me high in the prediction league; I always hope I'm going to be wrong, but unfortunately since lockdown, it seems not to be the way.

A 1-1 with Dykes finally scoring in open play...
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 17:58]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:56 - Jan 23 with 1203 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:50 - Jan 23 by Gloucs_R

Tactically out done today.

Plus he's made poor substitutions.

Agree. I think they allowed us more of the ball at the start of the second half on purpose.

Substitutes did seem clumsy.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:56 - Jan 23 with 1199 viewsStanisgod

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:44 - Jan 23 by Hunterhoop

We are crying out to play Adomah and together.

Adomah is the best crosser of the ball we have and reads the game better than any of our midfielders.

Precisely. Ridiculous sub management yet again.
Are Adomah and Austin not allowed on the pitch at the same time.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:56 - Jan 23 with 1195 viewsPinnerPaul

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:50 - Jan 23 by Gloucs_R

Tactically out done today.

Plus he's made poor substitutions.

Who else could he have brought on then?
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:56 - Jan 23 with 1187 viewsplasmahoop

It may well be that the substitutions weren't great. But the fundamental problem is our starting eleven is the best eleven available, and the substitutions generally make it weaker, adomah possibly excepted
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:57 - Jan 23 with 1160 views2Thomas2Bowles

Did not play badly.

MW
I don't blame him for the goal and we should have had a pen and a great save by their keeper.

But by keep starting Dykes, poor or late subs, we are back in the shit.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:57 - Jan 23 with 1164 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

The attacking outlets on the pitch at the end of that match were:

Kane
Adomah constantly cutting it back to his right foot.
Bettache
Chair
Bonne
Kelman

We are not going to win many points from behind if that's what we have to turn to.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:58 - Jan 23 with 1148 viewsNoelmc

We had 39 crosses. 6 successful.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 16:58]
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:58 - Jan 23 with 1143 viewsPinnerPaul

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:56 - Jan 23 by Greenbay

Not much consolation after today but we're still 8 points clear of the relegation zone - in 17th spot - although Rotherham have 3 games in hand.
And we're also 5 points clear of Derby in 21st spot. Same amount of games.
Today was a chance to really get away from the bottom three.
But if someone had said we would have taken 6 points from the last 3 games - then surely we would have taken that.
Now we have 9 days for the team to recover and do some good training before Watford away on Monday week.

7 from 4 inc Norwich, before THAT game there were some saying we would be lucky to get another pointy - so 7 is a fair return.
Login to get fewer ads

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:58 - Jan 23 with 1136 viewsBrianMcCarthy

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:55 - Jan 23 by PinnerPaul

Here we go, totally ott reaction to a very narrow defeat.

We had more shots and their GK had to make 2 decent saves.

As Clive said, we had two close wins and now a close defeat.

I still think we've improved and not going overboard with any criticism.

Oh yeah - camera cut aways Rooney 20 Warburton 8

Referee - not much wrong - handball? We would be outraged if that's given against us - not for me.

I can't say I'm that upset by it either.

I thought we were subpar on the pitch and on the sideline, but Derby played well.

Just a game to forget. Need a replacement for Carroll.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:58 - Jan 23 with 1132 viewstraininvain

Just a reminder that a few weeks ago people were calling for Betache and Kelman to start. Not digging them out as they’re young and will hopefully improve.

But we can’t expect too much from them right now and a bit worrying if we’re an injury or two away from them starting.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:00 - Jan 23 with 1072 viewsNov77

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:56 - Jan 23 by Greenbay

Not much consolation after today but we're still 8 points clear of the relegation zone - in 17th spot - although Rotherham have 3 games in hand.
And we're also 5 points clear of Derby in 21st spot. Same amount of games.
Today was a chance to really get away from the bottom three.
But if someone had said we would have taken 6 points from the last 3 games - then surely we would have taken that.
Now we have 9 days for the team to recover and do some good training before Watford away on Monday week.

think you need to look at the table again!

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:00 - Jan 23 with 1061 viewsPinnerPaul

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:48 - Jan 23 by Silverfoxqpr

Yep, for the sake of a bit of balance that was dreadful from Albert. Wasted.

Albert 2 good crosses, 1 awful one - a little optimistic to say we would have got something if he came on earlier, but hey ho we lost so, as Clive predicted its open season on Warburton.....again!
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:02 - Jan 23 with 1027 viewsted_hendrix

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:54 - Jan 23 by CLAREMAN1995

wan*er ref cost us a chance to tie sounds like the team fought hard at least

Nothing to do with the ref or any of his bad bad decisions, you get 90 minutes to win a game.
You get 90 odd minutes to put the ball into the back of the net.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:02 - Jan 23 with 1026 viewsjoe90

Fair play to Derby, it was a tight game can't say they didn't deserve it.

I thought Chair was anonymous today. It was a flat performance, not much else to say about it.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:03 - Jan 23 with 999 viewsHunterhoop

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:56 - Jan 23 by Stanisgod

Precisely. Ridiculous sub management yet again.
Are Adomah and Austin not allowed on the pitch at the same time.

It’s bizarre, isn’t it. 3 games now; never been on the pitch together. Apart from Austin, Adomah is the most successful player at this level in our squad. Just a couple of years ago he won a play off final. You need experience. Adomah is the best crosser and reader of the game in midfield; Austin the best finisher and anticipator. Play them together.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:04 - Jan 23 with 950 viewsTHEBUSH

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:58 - Jan 23 by BrianMcCarthy

I can't say I'm that upset by it either.

I thought we were subpar on the pitch and on the sideline, but Derby played well.

Just a game to forget. Need a replacement for Carroll.

yes our midfield is very light, needs strengthening badly.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:05 - Jan 23 with 938 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:03 - Jan 23 by Hunterhoop

It’s bizarre, isn’t it. 3 games now; never been on the pitch together. Apart from Austin, Adomah is the most successful player at this level in our squad. Just a couple of years ago he won a play off final. You need experience. Adomah is the best crosser and reader of the game in midfield; Austin the best finisher and anticipator. Play them together.

I wonder if MW might be a bit worried about us scoring too many goals. So he either has one good finisher on the pitch OR one player able to deliver a cross. But never both - We might get found out.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:05 - Jan 23 with 928 viewsBrianMcCarthy

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:00 - Jan 23 by PinnerPaul

Albert 2 good crosses, 1 awful one - a little optimistic to say we would have got something if he came on earlier, but hey ho we lost so, as Clive predicted its open season on Warburton.....again!

I also thought Warburton was right to stick with three at the back, it allowed us to push Barbet and Dickie wide, push Kane and Niko into midfield and push ball and Willock/Bettache further up.

I just thought we were flat, our touch and passing were off and we missed Carroll.

I think he could have brought Albert on earlier than 82 mins but we're only talking about maybe 5-0 minutes earlier so not sure it's a huge mistake by any means.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:06 - Jan 23 with 914 viewsactonman

Typical fking rangers ! Flaws all over the pitch today , only addressed when it was too late and then not really addressed at all !

Ref was a typical championship inconsistent cnt of a ref , I’m p!ssed watching through knackered eyes on a 9 inch screen 50 miles away and could see a blatant fking handball penalty but somehow controlling the ball with your arm in the box is ok if you are a defender but not if you’re a striker C u next Tuesday !

Still baffled by the subs ?

That game was a shambles from the first half , Dieng had next to nothing to do all game yet we lose ?
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:06 - Jan 23 with 906 viewsSteveB

Well, that was frustrating. We have been completely schooled today, 2nd all over the pitch. Assisted by a shit house ref. Derby outplayed us everywhere.

No point digging out individuals on the pitch though, nobody shone today, especially the Management.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:07 - Jan 23 with 883 viewsThe_Beast1976

Win 2 away in a row then lose to fcuking Derby. The bottom 3 all have a couple of games in hand on us the the other 6/7 teams around us. Going to be a proper scrap between 8-10 teams, including us, to avoid the drop. I think we'll be fine but still a big FFS losing to that Wayne Rooney's Rams circus
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:11 - Jan 23 with 817 viewsRangersw12

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:03 - Jan 23 by Hunterhoop

Adomah seems to be another player who gets better with every game he doesn't play
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:11 - Jan 23 with 814 viewsDieByYourSide

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 09:11 - Jan 23 by DieByYourSide

More of a must-not-lose than a must-win, for me. Three points to move us into 15th would be lovely though, and maybe we could start looking up the table a bit...

Must-not-lose, eh..

Poll: And it's hi ho

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:12 - Jan 23 with 806 viewsEmpireStateRanger

I’m starting to think we may want to bring Dykes off the bench for a couple of matches. Lacking in confidence for sure. Let him use his energy against a tired defense and maybe he’ll end his scoreless stretch. Didn’t see much from him today.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:12 - Jan 23 with 796 viewsStanisgod

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:55 - Jan 23 by PinnerPaul

Here we go, totally ott reaction to a very narrow defeat.

We had more shots and their GK had to make 2 decent saves.

As Clive said, we had two close wins and now a close defeat.

I still think we've improved and not going overboard with any criticism.

Oh yeah - camera cut aways Rooney 20 Warburton 8

Referee - not much wrong - handball? We would be outraged if that's given against us - not for me.

Not much wrong, I give up.
I won't bother listing all the non bookings for them and us getting booked for the same thing in seconds.
Handball against Ball but not the Derby bloke, why.
Total inconsistency yet again.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024