Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams 17:13 - Jan 22 with 28337 viewsdavman

50 tomorrow!

As my birthday is around Cup 4th round, we never seem to play, so tomorrow is a rare one.

Surely it can't be three wins on the trot?

Pessimism keeps me high in the prediction league; I always hope I'm going to be wrong, but unfortunately since lockdown, it seems not to be the way.

A 1-1 with Dykes finally scoring in open play...
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 17:58]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:14 - Jan 23 with 1365 viewsPinnerPaul

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:12 - Jan 23 by Stanisgod

Not much wrong, I give up.
I won't bother listing all the non bookings for them and us getting booked for the same thing in seconds.
Handball against Ball but not the Derby bloke, why.
Total inconsistency yet again.

I'd love you to list all the 'non bookings' for them .............................

Is it a new rule that bookings have to be the same number for each side?

Yes like you, I give up as well!
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:18 - Jan 23 with 1340 viewsNorthantsHoop

Felt we were off the pace today, lacked intensity and Derby pretty much controlled it, especially when they went 1 up.
To be honest I feel more confident when we play away, seem more in control, at home it seems such a slog.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:19 - Jan 23 with 1310 viewsDixie_CT

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:56 - Jan 23 by Greenbay

Not much consolation after today but we're still 8 points clear of the relegation zone - in 17th spot - although Rotherham have 3 games in hand.
And we're also 5 points clear of Derby in 21st spot. Same amount of games.
Today was a chance to really get away from the bottom three.
But if someone had said we would have taken 6 points from the last 3 games - then surely we would have taken that.
Now we have 9 days for the team to recover and do some good training before Watford away on Monday week.

Nice bit of pragmatism after that defeat that was difficult to sit through.

Two decent saves by their keeper and I thought that was a decent shout for a pen. Hand was away from the body line and the contact changed both the speed and direction of the ball.

I think Warbs got that wrong today, especially in Centre mid where Ball was isloated and its a bit of a strange 3-3-2-2 formation that we got away with at Cardiff but it didn't suit us with how Derby set up. He even said he was considering changing it but then didn't! Great to see Bettache given half hour but it felt slightly out of desperation.

Need a CM in before Watford or to start Bettache otherwise the same issues will appear again. Oh and can any signing we bring in be match fit? De Wiljs comes in on loan and is injured? Only at QPR!!
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:21 - Jan 23 with 1283 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:05 - Jan 23 by BrianMcCarthy

I also thought Warburton was right to stick with three at the back, it allowed us to push Barbet and Dickie wide, push Kane and Niko into midfield and push ball and Willock/Bettache further up.

I just thought we were flat, our touch and passing were off and we missed Carroll.

I think he could have brought Albert on earlier than 82 mins but we're only talking about maybe 5-0 minutes earlier so not sure it's a huge mistake by any means.

Kane and Niko did very little to hurt anyone the entire second half though. Neither one delivered a dangerous ball. Kane didn't even make any forward runs. He never got near the byline, never got around - or even in front of - their fullback. He's just not dangerous.

I think out lack of depth and quality on the bench is a real problem. Very, very hard for MW to make game changing substitutions when his options are the likes of Kelman and Bettache.

I think we'd have been way more likely to score with Austin on the pitch with Adomah though.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:21 - Jan 23 with 1283 viewsJamesB1979

Centre mid and left back needed. And in that order. That 4 year deal for Niko looks more of a rushed panic contract every time he plays.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:22 - Jan 23 with 1273 viewsGloucs_R

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:56 - Jan 23 by PinnerPaul

Who else could he have brought on then?

Bringing off Willock was a massive mistake, he was our motm up until then.

Chair was poor overall, I'd have given Thomas a run.

Uncle should have been introduced earlier.

We had nothing down the wings. Niko and Kane were invisible.

Win some, lose some but thought Rooney and co got their tactics spot on. We didn't adapt fast enough.

Poll: Are we staying up?

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:22 - Jan 23 with 1267 viewstraininvain

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:19 - Jan 23 by Dixie_CT

Two decent saves by their keeper and I thought that was a decent shout for a pen. Hand was away from the body line and the contact changed both the speed and direction of the ball.

I think Warbs got that wrong today, especially in Centre mid where Ball was isloated and its a bit of a strange 3-3-2-2 formation that we got away with at Cardiff but it didn't suit us with how Derby set up. He even said he was considering changing it but then didn't! Great to see Bettache given half hour but it felt slightly out of desperation.

Need a CM in before Watford or to start Bettache otherwise the same issues will appear again. Oh and can any signing we bring in be match fit? De Wiljs comes in on loan and is injured? Only at QPR!!

Having just watched Betache for most the second half, I’m really not convinced he should be starting against Watford.

Hope I’m wrong but can’t help but think we’ll go down if we’re relying on the likes of Niko, Betache and Kelman.

Not sure if we’ve got any money left to spend but we could really do with a central midfielder and at least one full back ideally left and right if possible.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:25 - Jan 23 with 1227 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:19 - Jan 23 by Dixie_CT

Unfortunately it's all untrue though!

2 points ahead of Derby, 7 ahead of Rotherham having played 3 more games.
Login to get fewer ads

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:25 - Jan 23 with 1227 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Prety much every club is trying to make the best of a bad situation.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2021 17:33]
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:26 - Jan 23 with 1215 viewsGloucs_R

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:22 - Jan 23 by traininvain

Having just watched Betache for most the second half, I’m really not convinced he should be starting against Watford.

Hope I’m wrong but can’t help but think we’ll go down if we’re relying on the likes of Niko, Betache and Kelman.

Not sure if we’ve got any money left to spend but we could really do with a central midfielder and at least one full back ideally left and right if possible.

Yeah, I didn't see anything today to get excited about. We need reinforcements and he needs a loan and game time.

Poll: Are we staying up?

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:27 - Jan 23 with 1190 viewsWatford_Ranger

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 16:55 - Jan 23 by QPRSteve

Please, please, please bring in some decent midfield reinforcements before th next match.

It’s painfully obvious that is the weakness. It would be the weakness even if by some miracle one of Amos and Carroll were still fit by January. Probably haggling over Johansen’s obscene wages and I’m not sure he’s the answer by any means.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:28 - Jan 23 with 1182 viewspaulparker

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:22 - Jan 23 by traininvain

I think we are going down it’s all self inflicted
Why take off Austin with 10 to go ?
Why bring on Albert with no one to cross to ?
Why is Willock only lasting 60 minutes ?
Today was the day we could and should of been 8 points clear of Derby, we have put ourselves right back in the crap today with that crap display , especially 1st half
If we insist on playing two full backs who cannot cross a ball then go full on 4-4-2 with Albert & Willock as wingers and tell the fullbacks to sit on the halfway line

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:32 - Jan 23 with 1141 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Agree with most if that. But that was hand ball all day long. The ball travelled a fair way. His hand was out away from his body. Easiest decision he had to make all afternoon.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:34 - Jan 23 with 1126 viewsOldPedro

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:14 - Jan 23 by PinnerPaul

I'd love you to list all the 'non bookings' for them .............................

Is it a new rule that bookings have to be the same number for each side?

Yes like you, I give up as well!

There were a couple of fouls from Derby similar to Kane's - if Kane's was a card, they should have been too. Dickie was taken out of the edge of the box (which he gave us a free kick) and very similar to Camerons tackle, but for some reason, no card for the Derby player.

Free kicks - in the first half, Willock as fouled twice (not given) and then won the ball back with a similar challenge - result was a free kick to Derby.

Hand ball - blatant penalty - somehow the ref didn't see it yet he penalized Ball and Dykes for hand ball that weren't as clear.

Even their goal, I thought there was a foul (on Chair?) to win the ball in the first place.

All I want is consistency for both sides from the referees - both today, as Tuesday, I thought the ref was poor and inconsistent and in both games that inconsistency favoured the opposition.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:37 - Jan 23 with 1080 viewstraininvain

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:28 - Jan 23 by paulparker

I think we are going down it’s all self inflicted
Why take off Austin with 10 to go ?
Why bring on Albert with no one to cross to ?
Why is Willock only lasting 60 minutes ?
Today was the day we could and should of been 8 points clear of Derby, we have put ourselves right back in the crap today with that crap display , especially 1st half
If we insist on playing two full backs who cannot cross a ball then go full on 4-4-2 with Albert & Willock as wingers and tell the fullbacks to sit on the halfway line

Can’t argue with any of that but I’d still stick with Warburton as I don’t think he’s lost the dressing room and we’ve shown in recent weeks that we’re capable of picking up results.

But we desperately need an experienced central midfielder and a competent left back to give us the best possible chance. It could be the difference between staying up and going down.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:37 - Jan 23 with 1079 viewsOldPedro

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:21 - Jan 23 by JamesB1979

Centre mid and left back needed. And in that order. That 4 year deal for Niko looks more of a rushed panic contract every time he plays.

Niko looks like he needs some time to develop - unfortunately we don't have the options within the squad to give him that time. Lee Wallace has been a huge disappointment since he has been at Rangers - hardly ever fit and makes huge errors when he plays.

Definitely need someone in at left back

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:38 - Jan 23 with 1060 viewsManinBlack

I didn't see the game only the Kazim goal made worse by the fact that Kazim later clearly handled in the box which the BBC reporter and Jamie Mackay on Sky both stated was a penalty.

It seems we can't score, let alone win at home, which is seriously worrying. We could yet beat our record number of home defeats in a season after just breaking that record. It might not look serious yet but if Rotherham with 3 games in hand and Wednesday and Wycombe with two in hand pick up a few wins then we really are in the mire.

Jamie gave a fairly honest assessment of us that we carry little goal threat and didn't replace Eze. He reckons Chair takes too many touches and slows the game down allowing the oppo to close ranks. If Austin is to thrive he needs the ball put in the right areas which didn't happen today. Basically no spark or creativity to open up an organised defence.

I would sum it up that we have gone from an entertaining carefree team of last season to a dull, stodgy team this.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:40 - Jan 23 with 1036 viewsNov77

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:38 - Jan 23 by ManinBlack

I didn't see the game only the Kazim goal made worse by the fact that Kazim later clearly handled in the box which the BBC reporter and Jamie Mackay on Sky both stated was a penalty.

It seems we can't score, let alone win at home, which is seriously worrying. We could yet beat our record number of home defeats in a season after just breaking that record. It might not look serious yet but if Rotherham with 3 games in hand and Wednesday and Wycombe with two in hand pick up a few wins then we really are in the mire.

Jamie gave a fairly honest assessment of us that we carry little goal threat and didn't replace Eze. He reckons Chair takes too many touches and slows the game down allowing the oppo to close ranks. If Austin is to thrive he needs the ball put in the right areas which didn't happen today. Basically no spark or creativity to open up an organised defence.

I would sum it up that we have gone from an entertaining carefree team of last season to a dull, stodgy team this.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:51 - Jan 23 with 939 views2Thomas2Bowles

Let me guess MW's presser

Small things
The pen and the save
Nothing about his shit subs and no responsibility is taken on his part

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 18:03 - Jan 23 with 904 viewsted_hendrix

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:40 - Jan 23 by Nov77

That is appalling, no other word for it. Sadly the last time we scored a goal at home we still managed to lose.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 18:07 - Jan 23 with 876 viewsBoston

Happy Birthday again Dav, could you keep your hand off the start a match thread button in future, ta.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 18:08 - Jan 23 with 872 viewsWatford_Ranger

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:37 - Jan 23 by OldPedro

Niko looks like he needs some time to develop - unfortunately we don't have the options within the squad to give him that time. Lee Wallace has been a huge disappointment since he has been at Rangers - hardly ever fit and makes huge errors when he plays.

Definitely need someone in at left back

We should forage the Irish leagues for a cheap midfielder/left wing-back.

Niko is nearly 24. He will get a bit better with experience I’m sure but he’s treated and plays like a teenager.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 18:08 - Jan 23 with 870 viewsted_hendrix

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 17:37 - Jan 23 by traininvain

Can’t argue with any of that but I’d still stick with Warburton as I don’t think he’s lost the dressing room and we’ve shown in recent weeks that we’re capable of picking up results.

But we desperately need an experienced central midfielder and a competent left back to give us the best possible chance. It could be the difference between staying up and going down.

*But we desperately need an experienced central midfielder and a competent left back to give us the best possible chance. It could be the difference between staying up and going down.*

Yes as has been said many times now almost from the start of the season, you really don't want to be posting this in another Months time though.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 18:30 - Jan 23 with 778 viewsJamesB1979

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 18:08 - Jan 23 by Watford_Ranger

We should forage the Irish leagues for a cheap midfielder/left wing-back.

Niko is nearly 24. He will get a bit better with experience I’m sure but he’s treated and plays like a teenager.

I don’t think we can afford to let a player “learn his trade” at left back in our position in the league. If he has potential, which club must think with 4 year deal, loan him out.
My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 18:33 - Jan 23 with 760 viewsWatford_Ranger

My 50th birthday match thread v Wazza's Wawwiors, the Rams on 18:30 - Jan 23 by JamesB1979

I don’t think we can afford to let a player “learn his trade” at left back in our position in the league. If he has potential, which club must think with 4 year deal, loan him out.

I would agree but after losing Manning for 30p the alternative is the occasionally fit Wallace and if he ever plays at wing-back then god help us all.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024