Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HMRC Scams 09:03 - Jan 27 with 15594 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Had a text today saying I was due a rebate and click this link.....the text was from a mobile .

I blocked and reported and checked the HMRC website apparently a lot of vermin are trying this with covid related ones.

You may want to tell more vunerable people 'no clicky strange text linky'

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

HMRC Scams on 23:44 - Jan 28 with 2530 viewsstowmarketrange

HMRC Scams on 23:41 - Jan 28 by Benny_the_Ball

Is it a speedboat?

No guessing.It’ll cost you £50 to see me.
HMRC Scams on 23:49 - Jan 28 with 2518 viewsBenny_the_Ball

HMRC Scams on 23:44 - Jan 28 by stowmarketrange

No guessing.It’ll cost you £50 to see me.

OK, your £50 is secure but to claim it you'll have to ring a special number and pay me £30 to release it.
HMRC Scams on 23:50 - Jan 28 with 2509 views2Thomas2Bowles

As bad as these scams are, some people are just stupid.

I was always amazed how many people use to fall for mock auctions.

I use to stand there and shout IT'S A SCAM and get threatened by the scammers but did not care.

But still people kept handing over their money

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

HMRC Scams on 23:56 - Jan 28 with 2512 viewsstowmarketrange

HMRC Scams on 23:50 - Jan 28 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I use to stand there and shout IT'S A SCAM and get threatened by the scammers but did not care.

When you hear some of the scams these low life come up with,you have to wonder how people can ever think they’re genuine.How can people think that HMRC will allow you to pay outstanding tax with gift cards?
HMRC Scams on 03:33 - Jan 29 with 2475 viewsMatch82

HMRC Scams on 23:50 - Jan 28 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Is this "mock auction" the lowest unique bid wins thing which was big for a few years? I wouldn't call it a scam exactly but its not a gamble with the odds in your favor. Bit like a raffle really. The "seller" makes their money off the entry fee - i.e. $2 to enter to win a $500 iPhone and they don't pick a winner until there are at least 300 entries. So the seller pays $500 for the iPhone but is guaranteed $600 in entry fees. The actual bid price is a bonus. I suspect the less legit ones tip someone off to what a "winning bid" might be if they wanted to make a little extra.
HMRC Scams on 06:57 - Jan 29 with 2452 viewsjoe90

The best scam I heard about was from a few years ago, an email going around claiming to be from the Nigerian government wanting to reimburse victims of scams!
HMRC Scams on 07:46 - Jan 29 with 2422 viewsdistortR

HMRC Scams on 10:28 - Jan 27 by qprxtc

Got one today today too.

Tax. Some git who wants your money to spend for themselves. Legally or otherwise.

yeah, or take the money, pass it on to their cronies and when you need the services you thought you were paying into, they are unavailable to you!
What a f'kin scam
HMRC Scams on 07:51 - Jan 29 with 2410 viewsWokingR

Had one this morning offering Online Covid Antibody Testing
I'd love to know how anyone responding thought that was going to work.
Login to get fewer ads

HMRC Scams on 08:45 - Jan 29 with 2375 views2Thomas2Bowles

HMRC Scams on 03:33 - Jan 29 by Match82

Is this "mock auction" the lowest unique bid wins thing which was big for a few years? I wouldn't call it a scam exactly but its not a gamble with the odds in your favor. Bit like a raffle really. The "seller" makes their money off the entry fee - i.e. $2 to enter to win a $500 iPhone and they don't pick a winner until there are at least 300 entries. So the seller pays $500 for the iPhone but is guaranteed $600 in entry fees. The actual bid price is a bonus. I suspect the less legit ones tip someone off to what a "winning bid" might be if they wanted to make a little extra.

No

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mock_auction
[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 8:46]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

HMRC Scams on 08:48 - Jan 29 with 2372 viewsMetallica_Hoop

HMRC Scams on 08:49 - Jan 29 with 2360 viewspaulparker

Had a few over the last few weeks
A DVLA rebate ( which offered the same amount as my tax rebate a few years before)
DHL parcel force saying my parcel couldn’t be delivered please give bank details for a refund
A tax rebate I’m due from HMRC

I’ve now got to the stage where I said them pictures of my arse

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

HMRC Scams on 12:00 - Jan 29 with 2293 viewsE17hoop

I have a contact in my address book called 'Block' sends them all to spam. Every random call or text gets added to them as a contact and I never get a follow up call or text.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: How has this season been?

HMRC Scams on 12:11 - Jan 29 with 2274 viewspaulparker

HMRC Scams on 08:48 - Jan 29 by Metallica_Hoop

Great clip, always makes me laugh

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

HMRC Scams on 15:16 - Jan 29 with 2232 viewsPinnerPaul

Easy to think they are mostly all so obvious that no one gets caught.

But got (genuine!) emails from the police as part of OWL messaging detailing the amounts lost - it was over half a million pounds, in one month in Hillingdon alone!
HMRC Scams on 11:53 - Jul 2 with 1947 viewsR_from_afar

I received one of those automated "ignore this at your peril" messages about my tax situation. As I always do, I pressed the * key (sometimes I mix it up and press the # key), oh, I dare say, 37 times, only for a voice to growl "Stop pressing the key, motherfxxker!"

I roared with laughter. Back of the net!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

HMRC Scams on 16:01 - Jul 2 with 1803 viewsMorrisD52

They caught me they got lucky because I was expecting to hear from them, I had inherited some money and knew I had to pay some tax, so was open to their con , but luckily the teller at my bank was on the ball and she smelt a rat straight away, she called in the Police and they interview me, luckily I was able to supply them with a telephone number which they later told me came from India. Have you seen the the sites on You Tube where this guy takes them on , while talking their talk he slips into their computers and deletes all there files
HMRC Scams on 16:20 - Jul 2 with 1773 viewsstowmarketrange

I tend to get a lot of dodgy phone calls about my prime account,or from visa debit.If I answer the call,I just stay silent instead of saying anything.They normally hang up straight away.
HMRC Scams on 16:44 - Jul 2 with 1744 viewsMick_S

HMRC Scams on 11:53 - Jul 2 by R_from_afar

I received one of those automated "ignore this at your peril" messages about my tax situation. As I always do, I pressed the * key (sometimes I mix it up and press the # key), oh, I dare say, 37 times, only for a voice to growl "Stop pressing the key, motherfxxker!"

I roared with laughter. Back of the net!

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

HMRC Scams on 16:45 - Jul 2 with 1740 viewsPhildo

funny thread:

HMRC Scams (n/t) on 22:33 - Jul 2 with 1613 viewsMetallica_Hoop

[Post edited 2 Jul 2021 22:47]

HMRC Scams on 22:41 - Jul 2 with 1607 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I felt a bit bad the other day.

I was expecting a call from an IT manager and the day was a bit shitty anyway, so my phone rang.
I answered, it was Carphone Warehouse and I told the person if they ever rang this number again I would hunt them down and kill them.

Obviously that was an over reaction and I didn't mean it.

They called at the wrong moment.

HMRC Scams on 00:15 - Jul 3 with 1544 viewsBoston

I never get these types of calls, well maybe I do get the odd one but I never answer the phone when it rings, unless it pops up as name I know, everything else is a return call after I listen to the voicemail.

Anyway, notice a lot of posters are very carbon footprint heavy, to absolve your sins I've set up a small business planting trees to compensate for you destroying the planet. Complete redemption for your crimes committed against humanity...and the natural world is now available by wiring two hundred and fifty quid to Honest Boston's Total Global Clean Up.
A certificate of appreciation from Tom, Dick and Harry in the European Court of I'm Alright Jack's, will be issued upon request.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

HMRC Scams on 00:36 - Jul 3 with 1537 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Got a fake scam letter from FedEx last week. Where do they get addresses from?
HMRC Scams on 00:40 - Jul 3 with 1537 viewsE17hoop

I got a real letter from HMRC this week with a proper refund - it was a very pleasant surprise.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: How has this season been?

HMRC Scams on 08:11 - Jul 3 with 1441 viewsJuzzie

HMRC Scams on 22:41 - Jul 2 by Metallica_Hoop

I felt a bit bad the other day.

I was expecting a call from an IT manager and the day was a bit shitty anyway, so my phone rang.
I answered, it was Carphone Warehouse and I told the person if they ever rang this number again I would hunt them down and kill them.

Obviously that was an over reaction and I didn't mean it.

They called at the wrong moment.

You could turn that into a film with Liam Neeson as the lead actor.

[Post edited 3 Jul 2021 8:12]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024