Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dieng 18:43 - Feb 6 with 16769 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dropped two balls today and he was still excellent.

Our best goalie since Seaman?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dieng on 20:02 - Feb 6 with 1763 viewsbakerloo8

Dieng on 19:42 - Feb 6 by Gloucs_R

Since Seaman, here would be my picks...

Stejskal
Smithies
Dieng
Kenny
Camp
Cerny
Green
Day
Sommer
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 19:44]

Not far off that for me.
Dieng on 20:13 - Feb 6 with 1730 viewsGloucs_R

Dieng on 19:52 - Feb 6 by Northernr

Come on mate, he’s great, he may yet be a great, but Kenny was unbelievable and won a promotion here.

In my humble opinion, Dieng has everything it takes to be a top keeper at this stage in his career.

I think he's better than many English keepers playing in the league above.

So for that reason, he's above Kenny.

But... Kenny was a star that season, he did have a much better team and defensive unit in from of him.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Dieng on 20:28 - Feb 6 with 1683 viewsW7Ranger

Stejskal
Smithies
Dieng
Kenny
Camp
Cerny
Green
Day
Sommer

Kenny above Smithies for me.
Dieng on 20:30 - Feb 6 with 1674 viewsbakerloo8

Dieng on 20:28 - Feb 6 by W7Ranger

Kenny above Smithies for me.

To put Dieng in amongst Stejskal, Kenny and Smithies says a lot about his first 20odd games for us.
Keep up the good work Seny 👌
Dieng on 20:34 - Feb 6 with 1669 viewsW7Ranger

Dieng on 20:13 - Feb 6 by Gloucs_R

In my humble opinion, Dieng has everything it takes to be a top keeper at this stage in his career.

I think he's better than many English keepers playing in the league above.

So for that reason, he's above Kenny.

But... Kenny was a star that season, he did have a much better team and defensive unit in from of him.

Better defence/team in front of him or not, Kenny performed brilliantly for 2 years.

You only have to look through the season review of the 10/11 season to see some of the outstanding saves he made. Probably won us an extra 10-15pts.

Can't recall him making many, if any mistakes.
Dieng on 20:35 - Feb 6 with 1662 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dieng on 20:34 - Feb 6 by W7Ranger

Better defence/team in front of him or not, Kenny performed brilliantly for 2 years.

You only have to look through the season review of the 10/11 season to see some of the outstanding saves he made. Probably won us an extra 10-15pts.

Excellent point about Kenny - incredibly consistent.

Dieng on 20:39 - Feb 6 with 1652 viewsGloucs_R

Dieng on 20:34 - Feb 6 by W7Ranger

Not knocking him at all bud. I just love what I see with Dieng and yes, Kenny was a star the season we went up.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 20:49]

Dieng on 20:41 - Feb 6 with 1644 viewsGloryHunter

Smithies did have an incredible knack with penalties. Which Seny has yet to add to his CV.
Login to get fewer ads

Dieng on 20:55 - Feb 6 with 1609 viewsGloryHunter

Dieng on 19:01 - Feb 6 by bakerloo8

Look at the length of his arms 😱😱

Yeh hes top class. Probably gone in the summer but we will get good money for him.
Hopefully whoever scouted him can find Dieng mk2.

That'll be harder with the end of freedom of movement from the EU. But maybe Joe Walsh from Gillingham will be the new Seny?
Dieng on 21:31 - Feb 6 with 1564 viewsstainrods_elbow

Dieng on 19:17 - Feb 6 by QPRSteve

Yeah, must not forget Stejskal, my fav keeper after Phil Parkes. According to Wiki there is another Czech GK called Jan Stejskal playing aged 23. I wonder if he is Jan's son? Anyway with a name like that I hope we have scouted him.

Agree that Dieng is looking a wonderful find. I only hope we don't have to sell him soon.

We won't sell for the foreseeable future if we want to progress on what is now rather sadly known as 'the football side'. The question is how much the club wants to progress said side, rather than take one step forward and two back.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 21:34]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Dieng on 21:51 - Feb 6 with 1528 viewsbakerloo8

Dieng on 21:31 - Feb 6 by stainrods_elbow

We won't sell for the foreseeable future if we want to progress on what is now rather sadly known as 'the football side'. The question is how much the club wants to progress said side, rather than take one step forward and two back.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 21:34]

Every player has his price. Sad but true.
Dieng on 22:28 - Feb 6 with 1488 viewsNoelmc

Too early to fully rate him yet but has the potential to be one of our best. However, even at this early stage I will say he is the best keeper we’ve ever had dealing with back passes He looks very comfortable with both feet, when most keepers tend to be very one footed and really struggle if forced to clear with their weaker foot. His right foot is obviously stronger as he uses it for his distribution, which is very good, but he also deals calmly with back passes which force him to use his left. This is a huge asset for a modern keeper.

Also, so far his shot stopping and command of his area have been impressive and if he continues his current form is likely to be our player of the season, a magnificent achievement in his first year playing in our first team.
Dieng on 22:31 - Feb 6 with 1483 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dieng on 22:28 - Feb 6 by Noelmc

Too early to fully rate him yet but has the potential to be one of our best. However, even at this early stage I will say he is the best keeper we’ve ever had dealing with back passes He looks very comfortable with both feet, when most keepers tend to be very one footed and really struggle if forced to clear with their weaker foot. His right foot is obviously stronger as he uses it for his distribution, which is very good, but he also deals calmly with back passes which force him to use his left. This is a huge asset for a modern keeper.

Also, so far his shot stopping and command of his area have been impressive and if he continues his current form is likely to be our player of the season, a magnificent achievement in his first year playing in our first team.

Great analysis, Noel.

Dieng on 22:37 - Feb 6 with 1460 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Dieng on 22:31 - Feb 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Great analysis, Noel.

Basically you have to face him one on one to have a chance. Which is easier said than done.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Dieng on 22:43 - Feb 6 with 1437 viewsToast_R

Someone explain Stejskal for me?

I thought he was ok but anyone who ends up second fiddle to Tony Roberts must have had some serious issues.

My third Rangers game was at home to Wimbledon 92/93 season. Stejskal came on for an injured Roberts in the second half and then flapped at a ball into the box where a looping Robbie Earl header done him all ends up. I remember a lot of QPR fans berating him on the loft.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 22:45]
Dieng on 22:46 - Feb 6 with 1422 viewsDavieQPR

When I read he dropped two balls today it had me worried.
Dieng on 23:42 - Feb 6 with 1353 viewsloftboy

Dieng on 22:43 - Feb 6 by Toast_R

I thought he was ok but anyone who ends up second fiddle to Tony Roberts must have had some serious issues.

My third Rangers game was at home to Wimbledon 92/93 season. Stejskal came on for an injured Roberts in the second half and then flapped at a ball into the box where a looping Robbie Earl header done him all ends up. I remember a lot of QPR fans berating him on the loft.

His debut was away at Leeds in 1990, first 15 minutes were horrendous after that for the next two seasons he was immense, a huge presence and filled the goal on penalties, Strachan missed one in the above mentioned game and big jan saved one against Sunderland in another 3-2 shortly after, he’s my favourite QPR keeper by a mile.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Dieng on 23:50 - Feb 6 with 1330 viewsBenny_the_Ball

He has been excellent this season, long may it continue. His confidence, assurance and presence are a joy to behold.

However it's a little early to start making comparisons, particularly with Kenny who was imperious in the championship winning campaign of 2010/11.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2021 7:06]
Dieng on 00:00 - Feb 7 with 1312 viewsDieByYourSide

£8-£10m? Under contract til 2024 and best keeper in the league? I think we're talking double that - Aaron Ramsdale money. Rather keep him for next season, though.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Dieng on 00:07 - Feb 7 with 1306 viewskensalriser

Doing well, but way too early to call after half a season.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dieng on 00:12 - Feb 7 with 1293 viewstimcocking

Thus far he's been absolutely brilliant. He does indeed look like the best since Seaman at present. It's the totally laid back air i love. He eats those crosses for breakfast.
Dieng on 00:32 - Feb 7 with 1274 viewsqprrunner

Stejskal
Smithies
Dieng
Kenny
Camp
Cerny
Green
Day
Sommer

Green gotta be in there as a joke?!
Dieng on 00:51 - Feb 7 with 1256 viewsTelford_QPR

Júlio César.....
Dieng on 07:26 - Feb 7 with 1175 viewsGloucs_R

Dieng on 00:32 - Feb 7 by qprrunner

Green gotta be in there as a joke?!

Play off final and the season we got promoted in general.

Went down hill rapidly after that.

Dieng on 08:02 - Feb 7 with 1160 viewsbakerloo8

Dieng on 22:43 - Feb 6 by Toast_R

Brilliant keeper who could do the lot. A commanding presence in the air as well as a great stopper.
Made mistakes as all keepers do, but I think that was more down to poor communication skills as his english wasnt great, and the great work he done far outweighed and mistakes.
Top keeper.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024