Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glenn Roeder RIP 17:23 - Feb 28 with 13391 viewsNoelmc

Sky Sports reporting he has died aged 65.

Fantastic player for us in the early 80s. RIP Glenn.
Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:00 - Feb 28 with 1826 viewsSuperhoop83

RIP Glenn.

Sheer class for QPR.

Suffering since 1978.

Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:03 - Feb 28 with 1813 viewsPaddyhoops

Very sad news. Far too young. RIP.
Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:07 - Feb 28 with 1791 viewslightwaterhoop

Awful news i have many great memories of Glen playing for us.Pure class and ability.My sincere condolences to his family.

RIP Glen never forgotten
Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:07 - Feb 28 with 1787 viewsloftus77

RIP Glenn Roeder. Our FA Cup Final captain who could have easily lifted the Cup for us. Tragic that he was suspended for the replay. Very skilful player and leader.
Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:11 - Feb 28 with 1760 viewsDWQPR

Remember we played away at Watford in ‘79 and Glenn got out his double shuffle for the first time moving over the halfway line, literally the whole crowd was wrong footed! Continue to carry the ball forward before sending a pass to the right which ended up with a goal. Great footballer. Always remembered.

RIP Glenn

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:11 - Feb 28 with 1757 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Dreadful news. Great player and seemed like a nice fella.

RIP.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:12 - Feb 28 with 1749 viewsSnipper

Glenn Roeder was a fantastic ball playing centre half for us in the 80s. The plastic pitch, while very controversial, showed Glenn at his very best. The England set up at the time preferred old fashioned cloggers as centre halves, if they didn’t, then he could’ve, and should’ve played regularly for England. Glenn was certainly in the Bobby Moore mould, as he would confidently play out from the back.

I remember a banner from the FA Cup Final in 1982 which read, QPR, fantastic on plastic, first class on grass. It could’ve applied to Glenn Roeder on his own.

Rest In Peace Glenn.
Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:13 - Feb 28 with 1740 viewseastside_r

So very sad. Condolences to Glenn’s family.
Login to get fewer ads

Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:20 - Feb 28 with 1689 viewsQPRSteve

Shocking news. One of my all time favourite players. So many great memories of of watching him play cultured football when most English central defenders would just boot the ball away.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 18:50]
Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:21 - Feb 28 with 1678 viewsQPR_John

Sad news truely a great player for us. RIP
Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:21 - Feb 28 with 1679 viewsdixiedean

Tragic news indeed . One of my all-time favourite players who was skilful enough to also play in midfield to accommodate Wicks and Big Bobby Hazell . RIP Glenn.
Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:22 - Feb 28 with 1677 viewslongbottom

Terrible news. What a player he was and a very Decent manager/coach.
R.i.P son.
Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:22 - Feb 28 with 1673 viewsNov77

Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:11 - Feb 28 by DWQPR

Remember we played away at Watford in ‘79 and Glenn got out his double shuffle for the first time moving over the halfway line, literally the whole crowd was wrong footed! Continue to carry the ball forward before sending a pass to the right which ended up with a goal. Great footballer. Always remembered.

RIP Glenn

He did it in the cup final too (first game), sent Micky Hazard half way up the 39 steps.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:25 - Feb 28 with 1657 viewsqprxtc

Ahh bloody hell.

Brilliant player, a part of a great few years at Rangers. Sold on too quickly once we went up.

Gutted. God bless you Glenn. Thanks for the memories.
Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:27 - Feb 28 with 1645 viewsenfieldargh

RIP Glen

We signed him from Leyton Orient and all the fans could see he was a class act......accept Steve Burtenshaw who refused to play him for so many games.

My all time top Rangers defender, the Roeder shuffle is always in my minds eye

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:28 - Feb 28 with 1640 viewsconnell10

Glenn Roeder RIP on 17:38 - Feb 28 by KerryE

So many happy memories watching him play. Club legend.
RIP Glenn 'The Shuffle' Roeder.

RIP Glenn ...on of my heros

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:30 - Feb 28 with 1634 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Why did he leave in 1983? Seems pretty soon after promotion and he would only have been 28.
Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:34 - Feb 28 with 1602 viewsted_hendrix

When you think back over the years/decades of supporting this club of ours certain players names always spring to mind Glenn Roeder was one of those stand out names.

Awful and unexpected sad news.

RIP Glenn.........................

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:36 - Feb 28 with 1589 viewsbosh67

I was just talking with my mum who reminded me that when we went into the semi final against West Brom that I promised Glenn that we (my family) would buy the team a round at the pub if they won. I was there as a junior at the time, we knew his mum and dad and Glenn was my mentor. He said, okay, if we do it, sure. Back in the days when players did go for drinks. After we won the semi final we gave Glenn the money and said congrats. About 3-4 days later the lads did go out for a team drink to celebrate the achievement. I was still living at home and at about 7.30pm we got a call on the landline and it was Glenn at the pub on a pay phone. I think my dad passed me the phone and just said, it's Glenn. He phoned to say they were having the drink and thanks for getting the first round in. Then he said, have you got a minute? Of course I said yes and he then put Terry, Bob and Tony on the like to say hi and thanks. Meant the world to me. Very very sad about the news. He was absolute class and a fantastic leader.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:38 - Feb 28 with 1580 viewsBeauRanger

Very sad news, a great centre half & captain. I remember hearing the news he had signed from Orient all those years ago.

RIP....
Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:42 - Feb 28 with 1560 viewsterryb

RIP Glenn & heartfelt condolences to your family & friends.

My favourite Rangers defender & the role model for anyone carrying the ball out from the back.

God bless you Glenn & thank you for the memories.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 18:48]
Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:43 - Feb 28 with 1555 viewsCiderwithRsie

Worst news of the week by a mile, so sad. Raising a pint to you now Glenn, a class act in every respect.
Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:43 - Feb 28 with 1547 viewspaulparker

Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:36 - Feb 28 by bosh67

I was just talking with my mum who reminded me that when we went into the semi final against West Brom that I promised Glenn that we (my family) would buy the team a round at the pub if they won. I was there as a junior at the time, we knew his mum and dad and Glenn was my mentor. He said, okay, if we do it, sure. Back in the days when players did go for drinks. After we won the semi final we gave Glenn the money and said congrats. About 3-4 days later the lads did go out for a team drink to celebrate the achievement. I was still living at home and at about 7.30pm we got a call on the landline and it was Glenn at the pub on a pay phone. I think my dad passed me the phone and just said, it's Glenn. He phoned to say they were having the drink and thanks for getting the first round in. Then he said, have you got a minute? Of course I said yes and he then put Terry, Bob and Tony on the like to say hi and thanks. Meant the world to me. Very very sad about the news. He was absolute class and a fantastic leader.

Nice story that

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:45 - Feb 28 with 1537 viewsdanehoop

RIP. A gentleman and QPR legend.

Never knowingly understood

Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:47 - Feb 28 with 1527 viewsmarkqpr

I'm absolutely gutted to hear this news.

A superb defender, a great captain and creator of great memories with his runs with the ball out of defence leaving the opposition in his wake.

RIP Glenn Roader. A great footballer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024