Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glenn Roeder RIP 17:23 - Feb 28 with 13387 viewsNoelmc

Sky Sports reporting he has died aged 65.

Fantastic player for us in the early 80s. RIP Glenn.
Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:49 - Feb 28 with 2071 viewsLeedsR

Very sad news. Cup final Captain of the Rangers side that made me love the club even more. A very sad day.

RIP Glenn and condolences to his family.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 18:50]
Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:49 - Feb 28 with 2068 viewsKonk

Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:36 - Feb 28 by bosh67

I was just talking with my mum who reminded me that when we went into the semi final against West Brom that I promised Glenn that we (my family) would buy the team a round at the pub if they won. I was there as a junior at the time, we knew his mum and dad and Glenn was my mentor. He said, okay, if we do it, sure. Back in the days when players did go for drinks. After we won the semi final we gave Glenn the money and said congrats. About 3-4 days later the lads did go out for a team drink to celebrate the achievement. I was still living at home and at about 7.30pm we got a call on the landline and it was Glenn at the pub on a pay phone. I think my dad passed me the phone and just said, it's Glenn. He phoned to say they were having the drink and thanks for getting the first round in. Then he said, have you got a minute? Of course I said yes and he then put Terry, Bob and Tony on the like to say hi and thanks. Meant the world to me. Very very sad about the news. He was absolute class and a fantastic leader.

That’s a lovely story, mate.

Very sad to hear this news - that’s no age at all. A really fine footballer and me and my mates still get excited and shout out, “It’s fuc king Glen Roeder!” whenever we see anyone give it the old Roeder shuffle. Pretty amazing to have a move named after you. RIP Glen.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:52 - Feb 28 with 2056 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:36 - Feb 28 by bosh67

I was just talking with my mum who reminded me that when we went into the semi final against West Brom that I promised Glenn that we (my family) would buy the team a round at the pub if they won. I was there as a junior at the time, we knew his mum and dad and Glenn was my mentor. He said, okay, if we do it, sure. Back in the days when players did go for drinks. After we won the semi final we gave Glenn the money and said congrats. About 3-4 days later the lads did go out for a team drink to celebrate the achievement. I was still living at home and at about 7.30pm we got a call on the landline and it was Glenn at the pub on a pay phone. I think my dad passed me the phone and just said, it's Glenn. He phoned to say they were having the drink and thanks for getting the first round in. Then he said, have you got a minute? Of course I said yes and he then put Terry, Bob and Tony on the like to say hi and thanks. Meant the world to me. Very very sad about the news. He was absolute class and a fantastic leader.

What a lovely story, and a lovely memory.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Glenn Roeder RIP on 18:57 - Feb 28 with 2028 viewsactonman

RIP sir !
Glenn Roeder RIP on 19:05 - Feb 28 with 2007 viewsBoston

Skip to 30 seconds in...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Glenn Roeder RIP on 19:06 - Feb 28 with 2002 viewsthemodfather

glenn was "my" qpr captain from the 82 era when i started going regularly, what a player, the double shuffle was a treat to see. today he'd be £50m easy , a skilful ball playing passer, elegant too. gutted to hear this news, in fact i had just come in from a long walk and saw this and was teary eyed. RIP glenn and thoughts to his family and friends.
Glenn Roeder RIP on 19:12 - Feb 28 with 1982 viewsthemodfather

Glenn Roeder RIP on 19:06 - Feb 28 by themodfather

glenn was "my" qpr captain from the 82 era when i started going regularly, what a player, the double shuffle was a treat to see. today he'd be £50m easy , a skilful ball playing passer, elegant too. gutted to hear this news, in fact i had just come in from a long walk and saw this and was teary eyed. RIP glenn and thoughts to his family and friends.

the goal i remember was around 82 v blackburn at home, 2-0, roeder got the ball deep in our hald, ran forward did the shuffle near the box did a 1-2 with allen and , goal! i'm sure it was on tv too....
Glenn Roeder RIP on 19:17 - Feb 28 with 1957 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Horrible news cancer sucks RIP Glenn condolences to his family .A QPR legend gone way too soon
Login to get fewer ads

Glenn Roeder RIP on 19:22 - Feb 28 with 1935 viewsBlackCrowe

Glenn Roeder RIP on 19:17 - Feb 28 by CLAREMAN1995

Horrible news cancer sucks RIP Glenn condolences to his family .A QPR legend gone way too soon

RIP...true Loftus Legend and loved watching him.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Glenn Roeder RIP on 19:28 - Feb 28 with 1914 viewsCamberleyR

Glenn Roeder RIP on 19:12 - Feb 28 by themodfather

the goal i remember was around 82 v blackburn at home, 2-0, roeder got the ball deep in our hald, ran forward did the shuffle near the box did a 1-2 with allen and , goal! i'm sure it was on tv too....

DevonWhite posted it on page 1 of the thread mate.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Glenn Roeder RIP on 19:31 - Feb 28 with 1900 viewsdezzar

I was pretty good at the Roeder shuffle , but that was just 5 a side.My Geordie cousin remembers Roeder running out of the tunell before kick of and booting the ball 100 foot in the air and springting after it making a statement of intent . i remember him as being a class player for our team
Glenn Roeder RIP on 19:35 - Feb 28 with 1882 viewsGuppy

class player rip
Glenn Roeder RIP on 19:35 - Feb 28 with 1876 viewsAgedR

He was my first football hero in my first QPR team.

He just purred. I honestly don’t think we’ve ever had a classier centre half (maybe Paul Parker, but, a completely different player).

I remember thinking, how is Glenn not playing for England with real indignation!!

I also remember being so gutted when he got the booking (I think against Luton) before the Cup Final, that kept him out of the replay.

Of course I tried to emulate the shuffle. Didn’t we all.

Big gap in QPR history today ❤️

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Glenn Roeder RIP on 19:42 - Feb 28 with 1840 viewsRanger_Things

Absolutely gutted. Gone far too soon. Like so many, a s a kid I would do the Roeder shuffle at least 3 time s every game.

RIP Glenn.
Glenn Roeder RIP on 19:43 - Feb 28 with 1837 viewsBostonR

A class act. Great Captain, great footballer and from the tributes a great bloke as well. RIP Glen.
Glenn Roeder RIP on 19:57 - Feb 28 with 1789 viewsRangersDave

Oh shit, poor Glen.

What a player we had in him, the shuffle is documented elsewhere, but he seemed to have a presence and reassurance that other players of that time, fed from.

Not an age at all, and another one from my youth gone.
Hope Rangers do something nice to remember him by.

RIP Mr 'Double Shuffle'

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Glenn Roeder RIP on 20:13 - Feb 28 with 1751 viewsLythamR

R.I.P Glenn, you simply oused class
Glenn Roeder RIP on 20:24 - Feb 28 with 1717 viewsNed_Kennedys

Ah very sad news indeed. RIP Glen.

Was saying to my Dad last week that Rob Dickie reminded me of Glen when he breaks forward out of defence (without the shuffle of course)
Glenn Roeder RIP on 20:26 - Feb 28 with 1705 viewsRed_Ranger

Glenn Roeder RIP on 17:33 - Feb 28 by DevonWhite

Class

Counter attacking 1981!

That boring voice , but electric yet composed on the pitch. Fantastic to watch. Proud to be there and witness both legs of the final.

Thank you Glen. RIP.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2021 20:28]
Glenn Roeder RIP on 20:43 - Feb 28 with 1663 viewsBurnleyhoop

Heart literally sank at this awful news. Remember him vividly from my youth and perfected the step over based on his “shuffle”.
Along with Maddix, my favourite Rangers defender.
RIP Glenn, a gentleman and a legend.
Glenn Roeder RIP on 20:54 - Feb 28 with 1631 viewshoopsmark

Terrible,Terrible news......RIP Great Man....Blue skies and a following wind........
Glenn Roeder RIP on 21:11 - Feb 28 with 1602 viewsthehat

So sad and no age to pass.

Loved watching our skipper on the plastic - Great days indeed.

Formed a great partnership with Big Bob Hazell.

“When Glenn goes up to lift the FA cup we’ll be there”

RIP Skipper....
Glenn Roeder RIP on 21:32 - Feb 28 with 1552 viewsNortholt_Rs

Rest in peace Glenn and heartfelt condolences to your loved ones.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Glenn Roeder RIP on 21:51 - Feb 28 with 1517 viewsMyke

Gutted by this news. A top, top defender, waaaay ahead of his time. Wherever he and Macca are now, I defy any striker to get past them. RIP Glenn
Glenn Roeder RIP on 22:16 - Feb 28 with 1463 viewsstowmarketrange

I can only echo what others have said about him.We were lucky to have seen him play for us in his prime.Rip Glenn And Condolences to his family and friends.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024