Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saint RIP 09:28 - Mar 2 with 3515 viewsflynnbo

Saint RIP on 09:30 - Mar 2 with 2627 viewsozexile

Very sad news. RIP.
Saint RIP on 09:36 - Mar 2 with 2598 viewsfrancisbowles

The Lord has come and St John has moved to inside left. RIP
Saint RIP on 09:48 - Mar 2 with 2554 viewsdaveB

Oh no, I absolutely loved Saint & Greavsie growing up. RIP Saint
Saint RIP on 09:48 - Mar 2 with 2544 views2Thomas2Bowles

Sad news

Remember him more for saints and greavsie and TV than his playing days.

R I P

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Saint RIP on 09:53 - Mar 2 with 2529 viewsted_hendrix

An excellent TV pundit (a rare breed nowadays).

RIP.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Saint RIP on 10:05 - Mar 2 with 2484 viewsRs_Holy

Saint RIP on 09:48 - Mar 2 by daveB

Oh no, I absolutely loved Saint & Greavsie growing up. RIP Saint

yep... them were the days... RIP Saint and huge thanks for the memories
Saint RIP on 10:13 - Mar 2 with 2450 viewsBrianMcCarthy

RIP. Seemed a lovely fella.

I always forget that he was a forward. Was he tall?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Saint RIP on 10:31 - Mar 2 with 2399 viewspaulparker

That’s a shame I used to love saint and greavsie back in the day , he was also a good co commentator on the big match
RIP Saint

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Saint RIP on 10:38 - Mar 2 with 2375 viewsMetallica_Hoop

RIP

I Loved Saint and Greavsie too.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Saint RIP on 10:45 - Mar 2 with 2352 viewsfrancisbowles

Saint RIP on 10:13 - Mar 2 by BrianMcCarthy

RIP. Seemed a lovely fella.

I always forget that he was a forward. Was he tall?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/ian-st-john-dim
Saint RIP on 10:49 - Mar 2 with 2334 viewsBoston

Aw, poor old Saint, Motherwell’s finest.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Saint RIP on 11:02 - Mar 2 with 2307 viewsToast_R

Takes me right back to my childhood. When football was football. Saturday lunchtime, come home from playing 11 aside on a freezing cold morning and have lunch watching Saint & Greavsie. They had such good chemistry on screen it was brilliant. I remember one snippet on the show, they were interviewing Roy Wergele and showing his QPR antics, must have been the early days of Graham Taylor's England reign and Roy was open to the idea of getting an England call up. Imagine that?

RIP Saint. Sadly I doubt Greavsie will be too far behind him.
Saint RIP on 11:13 - Mar 2 with 2271 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Saint RIP on 11:02 - Mar 2 by Toast_R

Takes me right back to my childhood. When football was football. Saturday lunchtime, come home from playing 11 aside on a freezing cold morning and have lunch watching Saint & Greavsie. They had such good chemistry on screen it was brilliant. I remember one snippet on the show, they were interviewing Roy Wergele and showing his QPR antics, must have been the early days of Graham Taylor's England reign and Roy was open to the idea of getting an England call up. Imagine that?

RIP Saint. Sadly I doubt Greavsie will be too far behind him.

Just showed the first 10 minutes of that clip to my mate at work who's 36 and doesnt remember it.

Sky eh?

Saint RIP on 11:17 - Mar 2 with 2255 views2Thomas2Bowles

ITV coverage of football sank after they dropped S&G, a mistake, been shit ever since.

Saint RIP on 11:20 - Mar 2 with 2256 viewsMrSheen

RIP Saint, like most others I only remember him as an entertaining broadcaster, but also a great representative of when footballers looked like your Mum's older brother rather than your kids' flash mates.

Saint RIP on 11:20 - Mar 2 with 2252 viewsbosh67

Great footballer and broadcaster. RIP.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Saint RIP on 11:25 - Mar 2 with 2245 viewsdaveB

Saint RIP on 11:17 - Mar 2 by 2Thomas2Bowles

ITV coverage of football sank after they dropped S&G, a mistake, been shit ever since.

They were dropped as ITV didn't have any football other than regional Championship matches and Champions League which wasn't that big at the time as English clubs were generally crap in it. Sky bought the rest and BBC got the highlights back so there was no need for the show. Plus Baddiel & Skinner had royally taken the piss out of them in fantasy Football and they were really not popular by the mid 90's.

The Soccer Saturday format which followed with Marsh/Best/Mclintock etc did have a bit of Saint & Greavsie about it with basically a bunch of mates chatting about the weekend matches and not taking themselves too seriously
Saint RIP on 11:31 - Mar 2 with 2229 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Saint RIP on 10:45 - Mar 2 by francisbowles

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/ian-st-john-dim

Thanks, FB .

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Saint RIP on 11:37 - Mar 2 with 2198 views2Thomas2Bowles

Saint RIP on 11:25 - Mar 2 by daveB

They were dropped as ITV didn't have any football other than regional Championship matches and Champions League which wasn't that big at the time as English clubs were generally crap in it. Sky bought the rest and BBC got the highlights back so there was no need for the show. Plus Baddiel & Skinner had royally taken the piss out of them in fantasy Football and they were really not popular by the mid 90's.

The Soccer Saturday format which followed with Marsh/Best/Mclintock etc did have a bit of Saint & Greavsie about it with basically a bunch of mates chatting about the weekend matches and not taking themselves too seriously

Like I said been shit ever since.
Dreadful presenters, dreadful coverage on major tournaments, I hate them.

Saint RIP on 11:49 - Mar 2 with 2173 viewsJuzzie

RIP Saint.

IIRC he said we were the best team to have never won the League title (in '76) and I think he was quite complimentary too when we drew 2-2 at Liverpool in the 1986 Milk Cup semi-final 2nd leg (there was no Final that year).
Saint RIP on 11:55 - Mar 2 with 2159 viewsmarkqpr

Never saw him play but to become a legend at Anfiled during that time speaks for it's self.

Saint and Greavsie is still the only football program I've felt was required viewing, hence remains the only football program that Ive watched (except when we're Premiership and then MOTD becomes required viewing. Thank fu(k for iPlayer and the ability to skip past the studio stuff and just watch the football).

Their undatlurated love and shared passion for the game was great to watch and it was about enjoying football, not about being first with the news or telling managers how they got it wrong.

Nothing but pure actual football knowledge that they just naturally shared with the viewer.

RIP Saint.
Saint RIP on 11:57 - Mar 2 with 2154 viewsMetallica_Hoop

13 mins in.

Why I used to love watching this.

[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 11:58]

Saint RIP on 12:19 - Mar 2 with 2095 views2Thomas2Bowles

Saint RIP on 11:57 - Mar 2 by Metallica_Hoop

13 mins in.

Brilliant.

Saint RIP on 12:49 - Mar 2 with 2032 viewspaulparker

Saint RIP on 11:57 - Mar 2 by Metallica_Hoop

13 mins in.

This looks like the season before sky got the rights, Jesus that’s over 30 years ago !!!

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Saint RIP on 12:56 - Mar 2 with 2017 viewsPinnerPaul

Saint RIP on 11:37 - Mar 2 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Like I said been shit ever since.
Dreadful presenters, dreadful coverage on major tournaments, I hate them.

The 'coverage' on major tournaments is the world feed, used by broadcasters all over the world and produced using the best people from all over the world including many from ITV!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024