Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Wallace 19:11 - Mar 6 with 5185 viewsRangersw12

How good as he been in the last 6 weeks or so

A massive improvement and love to see him bombing forward

Maybe he was carrying an injury earlier in the season as he seems to have got a bit more pace
Lee Wallace on 19:15 - Mar 6 with 3865 viewsBlackCrowe

Agree, he was excellent today and has shown improvement in recent games. There actually wasn't a weak link today. At times the pass and move and interchange was sublime.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Lee Wallace on 19:15 - Mar 6 with 3864 viewsqpr_1968

first half hour he was immense.....i heard.

only look at the commentary on here.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Lee Wallace on 19:25 - Mar 6 with 3785 viewsdavman

If he carries on like this he will execute the total turn round from absolute zero to almost hero in my eyes, which is what I want every maligned player to do.

Boundless energy up that flank; always there to support Willock and Chair - another great display to add to the growing list.

Well done, (nearly) Super Leeeeeeee-o!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Lee Wallace on 19:50 - Mar 6 with 3698 viewstraininvain

Much improved. Bossed it today for the first half an hour. We were lacking leaders so a much needed turnaround from Wallace.
Lee Wallace on 19:53 - Mar 6 with 3695 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Someone that nobody seems to have mentioned is Barbet. I thought he played a more expansive roll today than usual. Didn’t see a lot of the ball that I can remember but seemed to be everywhere too.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Lee Wallace on 20:00 - Mar 6 with 3637 viewsQPRSteve

People forget that until joining us he had played all his football up in Scotland. I think its taken him a while ti adjust to the Championship plus the injuries he has had did not help. Looks a good acquisition now.
Lee Wallace on 20:14 - Mar 6 with 3541 viewsted_hendrix

Not quite sure what's caused the turn round in performances in both Lee Wallace and Todd Kane?

Not that long ago they were both getting pelters on here, I'm not complaining btw just interested to Know.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Lee Wallace on 20:19 - Mar 6 with 3510 viewsDorse

Lee Wallace on 20:14 - Mar 6 by ted_hendrix

Not quite sure what's caused the turn round in performances in both Lee Wallace and Todd Kane?

Not that long ago they were both getting pelters on here, I'm not complaining btw just interested to Know.

No doubt an army of Twitter-based mouth-breathers will claim their incessant barracking has made the difference.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Lee Wallace on 20:21 - Mar 6 with 3496 viewsVancouverHoop

Lee Wallace on 20:14 - Mar 6 by ted_hendrix

Perhaps playing wing-back, rather than full back suits them both. As full backs both had trouble with wingers turning them. Going forward they're both decent crossers, Kane more spectacular but less reliable than Wallace. They also have pace, and can beat a defender, Wallace a bit more than Kane.
Lee Wallace on 20:26 - Mar 6 with 3448 viewsstainrods_elbow

Lee Wallace on 20:21 - Mar 6 by VancouverHoop

Perhaps playing wing-back, rather than full back suits them both. As full backs both had trouble with wingers turning them. Going forward they're both decent crossers, Kane more spectacular but less reliable than Wallace. They also have pace, and can beat a defender, Wallace a bit more than Kane.

I was indeed a giver of a multitude of pelters to Mr Wallace a few weeks back, when, to be frank, his performances fully deserved it. I'm now on a starter of humble pie, with a side order of same. Fantastic overlapping full-back performance today.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Lee Wallace on 21:32 - Mar 6 with 3323 viewspaulparker

Has got better & fair play to him but we need so much better for next season in that position , time to say adios in the summer

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Lee Wallace on 21:38 - Mar 6 with 3299 viewssimmo

Not having it personally. Pleased he's finally offering up some improved performances and he had a good game today, but that's coming from a low bar. He was given a 2 year contract and he's been either dreadful or injured the entire time, as well as blocking the chance for us to sign someone else that might not be either of those things.

That being said, he's obviously putting in a big effort to play when he's shot to bits and was made captain today, suggesting he's a strong character off the pitch. So credit for that

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Lee Wallace on 21:39 - Mar 6 with 3296 viewsWatfordR

Absolutely agree with this. Going three at the back suits the centre halves, Kane, Wallace, Kakay (NB - would've suited Manning too), gives us the flexibility to bring in Albert as a sub without taking huge risks (assuming he gets a run mainly when we are chasing to win or save a game). Just makes so much more sense with our squad I think.
Lee Wallace on 21:58 - Mar 6 with 3239 viewsRangersw12

Lee Wallace on 21:32 - Mar 6 by paulparker

Has got better & fair play to him but we need so much better for next season in that position , time to say adios in the summer

100% agree that we need better for next season

Must be loads of effective full backs in the lower leagues that won't cost a fortune
Lee Wallace on 00:25 - Mar 7 with 2993 viewsVancouverHoop

Lee Wallace on 21:58 - Mar 6 by Rangersw12

100% agree that we need better for next season

Must be loads of effective full backs in the lower leagues that won't cost a fortune

Well I'm sure there but we haven't managed to find one yet. Wouldn't it be better to stick with the aging devil we know, rather than gambling on one we don't, at least in the short term? Whoever we find will have to better than Niko. Which might not seem a massive ask until we actually have to address it.
Lee Wallace on 07:07 - Mar 7 with 2870 viewsdavman

This all day long. Going forward these two are strong and the system takes off some of their defensive responsibility. Also BC were poor yesterday and they never managed the push our Wing Backs back.

When Sessegnon had a run on Kane in the second half, he breezed past him just like Rico Henry did a few weeks back when Kane stood off him and conceded the free kick that Ivan the Terrible scored from.

Basically you ca rely on them as forward looking wing backs, but if having defenders than can defend is your thing, they're not for you...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Lee Wallace on 09:09 - Mar 7 with 2754 viewsGloucs_R

It's funny how players form improves as they come towards the end of their contract isn't it.....🤔

Poll: Are we staying up?

Lee Wallace on 10:26 - Mar 7 with 2619 viewsgazza1

He has frequently been given unfair criticism, not the best, not the worst but best LB in the club at present - always gives 100%.......he must be very well respected by his fellow professionals and also the Club Management to be given the armband yesterday.

He will do for now and maybe next season - he may be able to help Niko (& he needs help!!)......spend ALL our money on getting 2 decent strikers, release 2 or 3 players, the rest is OK.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 10:27]
Lee Wallace on 10:31 - Mar 7 with 2591 viewsManinBlack

To be fair to Wallace, whenever I saw him playing for the Glasgow R's on the Sky live games he looked a decent player. He was well thought of up there so maybe he lost some confidence and had difficulty adjusting to new surroundings.
Lee Wallace on 10:39 - Mar 7 with 2572 viewsNed_Kennedys

Been decent the last few months and is obviously match fit. Would definitely keep for next season as he’s a much better option at wing back than Niko who offers little going forward, weak at tackles and easily shrugged off the ball.
Lee Wallace on 12:52 - Mar 7 with 2469 viewsfrancisbowles

Wallace and Cameron are both out of contract and must be amongst our higher earners.
Whether they stay or leave probably depends on if they are prepared to accept reduced terms.

I think both would be useful to have around. Lots of fans writing off Cameron and yes he has his limitations but before yesterday had played practically every game and done a reasonable job.

De Wijs had a well rested, high adrenaline debut but a bit early to say he is the real deal. See how his fitness and form go over the next couple of months.
Lee Wallace on 17:00 - Mar 7 with 2316 viewskarl

He was a good attacking fullback at Glasgow Rangers and was one of the few big names who stayed when they got liquidated in (Edit) 2012 and had to start off in tier 4.
I think this seriously stunted his development playing 4 seasons against part timers and the like, he wasn't the same player.
After promotion to the SPL, with Warby, things weren't easy, Barton was in the changing room bragging about how great he was while being bossed by everyone (hilarious from such a 2nd rate league) and undermining MW. Rangers were a mess at this point and something happened with Wallace and Kenny Miller where they got bombed out of the first team squad by next manager Pedro Caixhinho, he didn't play for quite a while.
All in all in the last (edit)8 years this period is his most stable and demanding, it's possibly why he's had niggly injuries, it probably shouldn't be surprising that he's maybe taken time to find his form?
I have always thought he's more of an attacking player than defensively, his early season performances in a back 4 certainly back that up.
Hopefully can keep his improvements going, good to see
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 17:24]
Lee Wallace on 21:16 - Mar 7 with 2168 viewsdistortR

Lee Wallace on 17:00 - Mar 7 by karl

He was a good attacking fullback at Glasgow Rangers and was one of the few big names who stayed when they got liquidated in (Edit) 2012 and had to start off in tier 4.
I think this seriously stunted his development playing 4 seasons against part timers and the like, he wasn't the same player.
After promotion to the SPL, with Warby, things weren't easy, Barton was in the changing room bragging about how great he was while being bossed by everyone (hilarious from such a 2nd rate league) and undermining MW. Rangers were a mess at this point and something happened with Wallace and Kenny Miller where they got bombed out of the first team squad by next manager Pedro Caixhinho, he didn't play for quite a while.
All in all in the last (edit)8 years this period is his most stable and demanding, it's possibly why he's had niggly injuries, it probably shouldn't be surprising that he's maybe taken time to find his form?
I have always thought he's more of an attacking player than defensively, his early season performances in a back 4 certainly back that up.
Hopefully can keep his improvements going, good to see
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 17:24]

oh. I just thought he was crap cos he's Scottish

but your post does show why he's taken so long to find his feet - seems like a genuine bloke, power to him.

edit - when i say a genuine bloke. i don't mean a person who doesn't menstruate, but a good egg. It's a bloody minefield.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 21:18]
Lee Wallace on 04:21 - Mar 8 with 2045 viewslarsricchi

I try not to slag off our players but I have made a handful of OTT comments on match threads about Lee Wallace. One time I even suggested I have a go at left back if the alternative is Lee [censored expletive] Wallace.

I'm not going to sprint to the other end of the Lee Wallace Opinions Spectrum after recent good showings, but at the very least I would like to end my campaign to play fullback and/or wingback in place of Lee Wallace.

I apologize to anyone who rushed out to order your "Lars 3" home/away/third shirts.
Lee Wallace on 08:01 - Mar 8 with 1922 viewsDorse

Lee Wallace on 04:21 - Mar 8 by larsricchi

I try not to slag off our players but I have made a handful of OTT comments on match threads about Lee Wallace. One time I even suggested I have a go at left back if the alternative is Lee [censored expletive] Wallace.

I'm not going to sprint to the other end of the Lee Wallace Opinions Spectrum after recent good showings, but at the very least I would like to end my campaign to play fullback and/or wingback in place of Lee Wallace.

I apologize to anyone who rushed out to order your "Lars 3" home/away/third shirts.

#don'tannouncelarsricchi

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024