Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. 17:11 - Mar 16 with 46550 viewsizlingtonhoop

I'll start it cos I like my little twist on their battle hymn....
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 15:26 - Mar 18 with 1597 viewsPinnerPaul

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 08:20 - Mar 18 by BrianMcCarthy

I think that's a very fair post.

I thought Warburton got it wrong with his tactics last night and once again was slow with his subs. In his favour, the team didn't pack it in like they did on Saturday. But that willingness to abandon the centre-midfield territory is an achilles heel of his and so many opposing teams spot it and feast on it that I'm not sure we could ever challenge for the Top 6 with Warburton in charge.

On the Howe/Francis point, though, I'm still not convinced that it was the right move: we were brilliant under Howe and who's to say he wouldn't have done better than Francis did?

Finding someone better than Warburton will also be tough, but I agree that we should always be looking.

Agree about the tactics and to an extent MW's admission, but 'tactics' and 'formations' have little to do with with a complete lack of ability to pass to a blue and white hooped shirt that we saw from both Kane and Cameron in that first half.

As MW said we looked liked a team that hadn't played together before - you can't pin THAT on the manager.
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 15:28 - Mar 18 with 1587 viewsBrianMcCarthy

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 15:26 - Mar 18 by PinnerPaul

Agree about the tactics and to an extent MW's admission, but 'tactics' and 'formations' have little to do with with a complete lack of ability to pass to a blue and white hooped shirt that we saw from both Kane and Cameron in that first half.

As MW said we looked liked a team that hadn't played together before - you can't pin THAT on the manager.

No, I agree with you completely.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 15:30 - Mar 18 with 1564 viewsPinnerPaul

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 10:08 - Mar 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Think what you like, As will I, as do others that think MW is not the messiah, that the players dug him out of a big hole last night.

He admits himself he did not know what to do, to sub or not. hardly a man that's worth some of the worship he gets on here.

To somehow think he is was responsible for the turn round and say nothing about the first half, you must be blind.

Apart from Dykes, I'm not criticised a single player this season, or said anything to posters on their criticise of any player, it's their view, I don't downvote them for it or call them a troll.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2021 10:13]

You're just making stuff up now, he did NOT say he didn't know what to do.

He WAS going to change it, but we improved and scored, so he left it. before about to change again and we scored again, then he DID change it and guess what we scored again.

Made more subs and we saw the game out - sorry but that's neither 'average' nor 'not knowing what to do'
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 15:34 - Mar 18 with 1542 viewspaulparker

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 13:56 - Mar 18 by R_from_afar

So we're close to nailing it, then.

We only need:
- A new manager
- A new DoF
- A new board.

Seriously, though, it is easy to say someone isn't good enough, the hard part is finding the person who will be an improvement. Let's start with this new manager, who should it be, and just as important, why will they want to come here?

And just to be clear, I absolutely do not want us to get rid of Warburton.

I was responding to and agreeing to a poster who said he didn’t trust the board to appoint a forward thinking successor to Warburton ( which he is right )
Our season has turned on the loan signings of SJ & Austin before that we were crap
Lots of mistakes have happened with our DOF & board and the club truly won’t move on from where it is until those changes happen, so we may as well accept lower half mid table
As for finding a new manager that’s the job of Les my initial message was a response to bazza who said we could get into the top six next year , for us to do that we would need someone better than Warburton ( go back and read the message )
If we were to show ambition next year I would like us to try and do what Barnsley & Reading have done and what Norwich & Huddersfield did before that ie get someone forward thinking
If we are happy sitting where we are for the next 3 years then give Warburton a 3 year deal

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 15:35 - Mar 18 with 1546 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 15:04 - Mar 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Possible peno for a pull on Dickie for the disallowed goal. I really can't see it clearly enough.

I thought that might have been a foul too. It looked like Dickie was almost held offside by their defender. Although he didn’t appeal for it.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 15:36 - Mar 18 with 1535 viewsPinnerPaul

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 14:44 - Mar 18 by francisbowles

He seemed to let them away with quite a lot. For example it looked as if there were several late challenges on Dickie that weren't given. The one your referring to was presumably the interference with Dieng, when he tried to kick? The early offside disallowed goal looked like he was being held (as in fouled) in the offside position.

I think six would be sufficient mark!

I wasn't actually, thinking of the blatant pull on shirt from Millwall player - mentioned this before, but Willock got cautioned earlier in the season for the same and that was on the halfway line - this one was 'breaking up a promising attack' all night long I thought.

The Dieng block? - its not 'reckless' so not a yellow for me.
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 15:38 - Mar 18 with 1535 viewsPinnerPaul

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 14:45 - Mar 18 by Northernr

The only thing I really had a problem with with the referee was Bennett's tackle after eight minutes or so was clearly a very obvious yellow card.

I know the one you mean - yeah could/should have been - he DID see it and give the fk for it.
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 15:46 - Mar 18 with 1498 viewsMyke

For the winning goal, Dickie was wrestled to the ground as Gee Wizz was heading it home. I wonder would we have got a penalty if we hadn't scored?.
Login to get fewer ads

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 16:10 - Mar 18 with 1412 views2Thomas2Bowles

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 15:30 - Mar 18 by PinnerPaul

You're just making stuff up now, he did NOT say he didn't know what to do.

He WAS going to change it, but we improved and scored, so he left it. before about to change again and we scored again, then he DID change it and guess what we scored again.

Made more subs and we saw the game out - sorry but that's neither 'average' nor 'not knowing what to do'

Ahh yes he is GOOD at making up the narrative to suit the outcome

Well I was going to that anyway, just waiting for the right time innit

It's him making stuff up!

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 16:38 - Mar 18 with 1408 viewsPinnerPaul

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 16:10 - Mar 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Ahh yes he is GOOD at making up the narrative to suit the outcome

Well I was going to that anyway, just waiting for the right time innit

It's him making stuff up!

Not quite, as the subs were in and out of tracksuits like "insert 'Carry On! line here", so clearly they WERE coming on.

I think there's only one person making up the narrative!
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 16:38 - Mar 18 with 1406 viewssupahoopsa

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:56 - Mar 17 by Antti_Heinola

I thought Warbs was on the precipice before Jan. But he's turned it round and to even suggest getting rid of him in the summer is the height of silliness.
We have a good manager. Not great. But good. More than good enough.
I remember Brum deciding they could do better when they had Rowett. Remind me what's happening to them. We need to stop getting concerned about what other clubs are doing and just concentrate on our own path. We need to stop the constant changing. At last, for the first time since, when, Ollie first time? - we have a manager who will complete two full seasons in charge, during a period of utter turmoil, and in many ways we're in a much better position than when he took over. We need to stop believing the grass is always greener - it has got us precisely nowhere.

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 16:55 - Mar 18 with 1370 viewsDorse

So, to summarise, the club have got everything wrong but it's still better than we thought except it won't work next time but it might if things go well and we keep or replace the manager?

Got it.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 16:57 - Mar 18 with 1365 viewssupahoopsa

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 09:46 - Mar 18 by nix

I just don't see how people could think he's not doing a good job when he's had two total churns of players, lost a number of our best players, brought on inexperienced young players who are starting to look good, kept old timers motivated and playing for the squad, got a tune out of a squad that is much cheaper both in transfer fees and wages than many of our rivals. Nottingham Forest, Derby, Birmingham and Sheffield Wednesday would love to be in our position given our budget. And I'm pretty sure Blackburn, Preston and Bristol City have spent more than us on wages. We've got a good chance of finishing higher than last season. How can that not be an achievement given what was taken out of the team. Baffling.

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 17:01 - Mar 18 with 1356 viewssupahoopsa

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 09:51 - Mar 18 by swisscottage

Not going to downvote you, most probably just take you for a troll now and don't take you seriously.

Sorry my bad, clicked on down vote instead of the up vote by mistake

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 20:26 - Mar 18 with 1208 viewsCLAREMAN1995

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 08:16 - Mar 18 by Metallica_Hoop

That was a marvellous comeback.

I liked reading the match thread yesterday (couldn't be bothered to log in) The change in moods was great to follow.

I only get to watch the match thread on Saturdays and while Brian deflects all praise he does a superb job game after game typing like mad which must take away from his personal enjoyment .The discussion from kick off is must see tv and the reactions good and bad are priceless .The lows are low but the highs are amazing (not drug related ).
When I come home on weekdays I always read the thread especially when we win cannot get enough of "get in "or better ones even.
We are very entertaining for sure
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:38 - Mar 18 with 1163 viewsdavman

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 15:04 - Mar 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Possible peno for a pull on Dickie for the disallowed goal. I really can't see it clearly enough.

He was offside before he was fouled, sadly...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 09:52 - Mar 19 with 1020 viewsfrancisbowles

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 22:38 - Mar 18 by davman

He was offside before he was fouled, sadly...

Not sure about that both the defender and the goalkeeper had their hands on Dickie before the flick on. Also having just seen the loss of possession for their first goal, from the School End camera, it looks like a foul on Kane.
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 10:02 - Mar 19 with 999 viewsterryb

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 09:52 - Mar 19 by francisbowles

Not sure about that both the defender and the goalkeeper had their hands on Dickie before the flick on. Also having just seen the loss of possession for their first goal, from the School End camera, it looks like a foul on Kane.

I think you are looking at these with very Rangers tinted glasses, which is unlike you FB.

The hands on Dickie was no worse than every free kick, corner, long throw that occurs. If you gave that you would be giving at least six penalties per game.

Kane miscontrolled the ball & then knocked it too far in front of himself. If we had a free kick given against us for that contact this board would be in uproar.
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 11:16 - Mar 19 with 957 viewsEsox_Lucius

Rumours abounding that the RSPCA have banned all the Millwall first team from ever owning a dog after they demonstrated a complete lack of ability to hold on to a lead.

The grass is always greener.

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 12:03 - Mar 19 with 924 viewsAshdown_Ranger

You're all torque and no trousers...

[ooops, wrong thread]
[Post edited 19 Mar 2021 12:04]
No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 09:32 - Mar 20 with 793 viewsfrancisbowles

No one likes them, no one cares. Match thread. on 10:02 - Mar 19 by terryb

I think you are looking at these with very Rangers tinted glasses, which is unlike you FB.

The hands on Dickie was no worse than every free kick, corner, long throw that occurs. If you gave that you would be giving at least six penalties per game.

Kane miscontrolled the ball & then knocked it too far in front of himself. If we had a free kick given against us for that contact this board would be in uproar.

Yes your probably right terryb, clutching at straws, when thankfully in the end there was no need to. Lol
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024