Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rowan Vine 23:56 - Mar 16 with 10157 viewsdaveB

Rowan Vine interview well worth a watch, he drops a few bombs about we are the rangers boys website on 43 mins and the Blackstock sale/Sousa sacking

[Post edited 16 Mar 2021 23:56]
Rowan Vine on 00:44 - Mar 17 with 5404 viewsBoston

Any relation to Bo?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Rowan Vine on 00:49 - Mar 17 with 5418 viewsgigiisourgod

Rowan Vine on 00:44 - Mar 17 by Boston

Any relation to Bo?

Loved him as a player, really enjoyed the podcast. Proper player for me, such a shame about the injury.
Rowan Vine on 03:32 - Mar 17 with 5348 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Thanks DavdB - this explains a lot for what was going on behind the scenes back then.
Paladini was poison.
Rowan Vine on 06:43 - Mar 17 with 5267 viewsNorthernr

Called that at the time. Disgraceful.
Rowan Vine on 07:21 - Mar 17 with 5228 viewsWatford_Ranger

Part 1 is worth listening to and it’s a great podcast in general if you like that kind of thing.

Wonder what Matt Pickens is up to now.
Rowan Vine on 07:50 - Mar 17 with 5169 viewsdistortR

echo North, disgraceful.

Feel for him.
Rowan Vine on 09:11 - Mar 17 with 5003 viewsgazza1

Big time Charlie with limited ability, everyone's fault apart from his.

All his own side of the story, I wonder what others would say.

Don't believe half of it.
Rowan Vine on 09:18 - Mar 17 with 4988 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I thought he was a decent player and was hard done by for us, but he sounds like an absolute liability in the wrong circumstances. We all suspected the WATRB stuff didn’t we. Paliadini’s reputation as arsehole in chief enhanced isn’t it. I knew the Blackstock stuff was dodgy but had never heard that dimension before.

Big shame his time never coincided with Holloway’s as I’m certain they would have got on. Knew he liked a drink because I remember him necking can after can after getting egged on by fans in the Springbok after a game once.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 9:21]
Login to get fewer ads

Rowan Vine on 09:24 - Mar 17 with 4959 viewscaliforniahoop

Rowan Vine on 06:43 - Mar 17 by Northernr

Called that at the time. Disgraceful.

I thought that was a good interview, laddish but not the worst, I think we wronged him.
Rowan Vine on 09:25 - Mar 17 with 4954 viewstoboboly

Rowan Vine on 07:21 - Mar 17 by Watford_Ranger

Part 1 is worth listening to and it’s a great podcast in general if you like that kind of thing.

Wonder what Matt Pickens is up to now.

Coaching apparently. God knows what we thought we saw him? What sort of c nut breaks a teammates leg in training?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Pickens

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Rowan Vine on 09:43 - Mar 17 with 4892 viewsMaggsinho

"...these two bellends..."
Rowan Vine on 10:12 - Mar 17 with 4811 viewsEsox_Lucius

Rowan Vine on 09:25 - Mar 17 by toboboly

Coaching apparently. God knows what we thought we saw him? What sort of c nut breaks a teammates leg in training?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Pickens

Jason Cundy, as an apprentice.

The grass is always greener.

Rowan Vine on 10:13 - Mar 17 with 4807 viewsEsox_Lucius

All good behind the scenes revelations. Next; who is going to lift the lid on the Marco Ramkilde mystery? His contract runs out in June and I can see this going the way of the 1986 Milk Cup Final that never happened.

Rowan Vine on 10:14 - Mar 17 with 4803 viewsRs_Holy

Rowan Vine on 09:43 - Mar 17 by Maggsinho

"...these two bellends..."

In a strange sort of way I do miss Q Block Pete's and AlbericoQPR's wierd riddles they used to post when the club was about to sign a player... It always reminded me of the sort riddles they used to do on the 3-2-1 quiz show.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 10:15]
Rowan Vine on 10:39 - Mar 17 with 4727 viewsBklynRanger

Watched 5 or 10 mins of that. Can understand him wanting to set the record straight about a few things but found it a bit exhausting tbh. Take a breath Rowan, you'll pull something.

Does anyone ask why Warnock treated him in that way? Hard to get a word in edge wise.
Rowan Vine on 10:40 - Mar 17 with 4719 viewstoboboly

Rowan Vine on 10:12 - Mar 17 by Esox_Lucius

Jason Cundy, as an apprentice.

Figures!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Rowan Vine on 10:41 - Mar 17 with 4711 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rowan Vine on 10:39 - Mar 17 by BklynRanger

Watched 5 or 10 mins of that. Can understand him wanting to set the record straight about a few things but found it a bit exhausting tbh. Take a breath Rowan, you'll pull something.

Does anyone ask why Warnock treated him in that way? Hard to get a word in edge wise.

I was the same. I gave up after two minutes of Danny Dyer speak.

Can anyone keep dressing room secrets anymore?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rowan Vine on 10:48 - Mar 17 with 4686 viewsdaveB

Rowan Vine on 10:13 - Mar 17 by Esox_Lucius

All good behind the scenes revelations. Next; who is going to lift the lid on the Marco Ramkilde mystery? His contract runs out in June and I can see this going the way of the 1986 Milk Cup Final that never happened.

Wasn't he just signed as an under 23 development player, never really understood the fascination with him
Rowan Vine on 10:55 - Mar 17 with 4649 viewsdaveB

Rowan Vine on 10:41 - Mar 17 by BrianMcCarthy

I was the same. I gave up after two minutes of Danny Dyer speak.

Can anyone keep dressing room secrets anymore?

The club don't come out of it well, we treated him really poorly after the injury
Rowan Vine on 11:08 - Mar 17 with 4607 viewsRs_Holy

Rowan Vine on 10:55 - Mar 17 by daveB

The club don't come out of it well, we treated him really poorly after the injury

Yep it was a time when the club got most things wrong.
Rowan Vine on 11:09 - Mar 17 with 4602 viewslightwaterhoop

He didnt give any reason why Briatore didnt like Dexter Blackstock and was so keen to get rid of him!!!
Rowan Vine on 11:11 - Mar 17 with 4590 viewsToast_R

Wow, feel really bad for him. QPR really did a number on him.
Rowan Vine on 11:15 - Mar 17 with 4579 viewsEsox_Lucius

Rowan Vine on 10:48 - Mar 17 by daveB

Wasn't he just signed as an under 23 development player, never really understood the fascination with him

Played a few 1st team games, came with a record of having payed for his country at every level up to U19 level and then just disappeared off the map, not even listed in the squads until a few weeks ago. Very strange.

Rowan Vine on 12:37 - Mar 17 with 4385 views00calben

Rowan Vine on 10:39 - Mar 17 by BklynRanger

Warnock must be the deleted bit the hosts mention at the beginning of part 2...

They clearly skip a bit on Warnock and then say "On Warnock, aside from the money..." so I guess he makes similar allegations to those made by Jason Puncheon
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 12:38]
Rowan Vine on 12:53 - Mar 17 with 4330 viewsNorthernr

Rowan Vine on 11:09 - Mar 17 by lightwaterhoop

He didnt give any reason why Briatore didnt like Dexter Blackstock and was so keen to get rid of him!!!

There was a lot more to that story.

Sousa wasn't that fussed about Blackstock, he'd mostly had him on the bench anyway. Go back and look, he started four of the 12 games prior to his departure, mostly coming on 75mins or later.

Paladini hated Sousa, wasn't having him. Couldn't possibly speculate on the reasons why.

As Vine says, Paladini basically had his website chums kicking around on the side, pedalling his message in exchange for little bits and pieces on transfers that they could tease out as massive scoops. Lo and behold, straight after that Palace game, a post appears on WATRBs saying Sousa was outside the ground afterwards saying Cook and Helguson had bad knees and shouldn't have been signed if they'd been given proper medicals. That was the reason he got the sack, that was the "divulging confidential information", it was based on that message board post, nothing to do with the Blackstock guff, that was just a decent cover story.

When the guys who made Four Year Plan sold it to the BBC, the BBC lawyers pulled them on this bit. Said they weren't buying the Sousa departure line, wanted to make sure it was all legally sound before it could air on a public broadcaster. The makers had to go trawling back through old message board threads to make sure they were water tight on it before it could go on BBC2, because even how it plays out in the doc isn't how it played out. The key bit of that was Paladini sniping on the phone to Briatore about all these things Sousa had said, and turning the fans against them.

I called all this at the time. Paladini had tried it on with me, feeding me transfer stuff, and then a few weeks later asking whether I wouldn't mind putting a line or two out for him that he wanted to say but couldn't say himself or put on the offish. When we went on the pre-season in Sorrento I got to go up to the hotel, do interviews with the players and stuff, obviuously great for me and great for the site, but they were also pedalling this line that the players they'd left behind at home, including Bircham, weren't having Waddock or the new players and had been deliberately trying to injure Ward in training and stuff like that. I stuck it on the message board, what was I 19/20 at this time? Maybe. Just a kid. And Bircham saw it and, rightly, went apesht about it.

It was at that point that I sort of woke up a bit to what was happening - about six months after Wombat and Roley Birkin had quite forcefully warned me what was happening. And took a bit of a step back, interviews and access fine, but I'm not pedalling these dodgy off the record lines. Within a few months WATRBs started up, suddenly had all these transfer rumours, put it about that I was making a tonne of money off Rivals and they were real QPR fans running an independent message board. Everybody took it as a good laugh, all that "Ched's on the bus" and Danny Graham house in Sunbury guff, but it was sinister at times and fcking terrible for the club. As predicted, as soon as Paladini disappeared, these people evaporated too.

This post has been edited by an administrator
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024