Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
POTY. 15:32 - Apr 17 with 5845 viewsted_hendrix

Four games to go I know but what are peoples thoughts so far?

I'm still going for Rob Dickie.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

POTY. on 17:12 - Apr 17 with 1429 viewsWestonsuperR

POTY. on 16:21 - Apr 17 by danehoop

Dickie I think, just. Dieng has been awesome since he came in, but for me Dickie has been just slightly ahead this season in terms of performance and improvement.

Totally echo this. Very tough between Dieng and Dickie but with recent performances Dickie just ahead for me, with Barbet in 3rd place.
POTY. on 17:19 - Apr 17 with 1405 viewsBoston

Dickie
Dieng
Chair

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

POTY. on 18:10 - Apr 17 with 1345 viewsNed_Kennedys

POTY. on 17:19 - Apr 17 by Boston

Dickie
Dieng
Chair

Dieng clear of Dickie with Barbet third. Cameron has had a good season IMO, a good captain and been missed the last few games. Wallace and Dykes massive improvements recently as well.
POTY. on 18:44 - Apr 17 with 1291 viewsToast_R

Wallace for most improved, he looked a pub player at times at the start of the season but after xmas he has been arguably one of our best players.

Dieng best young player
My POTY is Chair
POTY. on 18:50 - Apr 17 with 1265 viewspaulparker

Should be joint between Austin & SJ our season changed the day they both came in on loan
Massive influence on & off the pitch

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

POTY. on 18:58 - Apr 17 with 1238 viewsnix

I'd have to go for Dieng, just for the many times he kept us in games when we were really struggling before Christmas. It gave us a platform of enough points to build on once we brought in the loan players. Although I'd also be happy if it went to Dickie.

I'd give young player award to Willock because he's come so far since he's joined and is really influential. But Chair has also scored a fair few goals and played all through the dark times, so maybe he should get it...
POTY. on 19:11 - Apr 17 with 1212 viewskensalriser

Todd Kane for me.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

POTY. on 19:14 - Apr 17 with 1207 viewsRangersw12

POTY. on 19:11 - Apr 17 by kensalriser

Todd Kane for me.

This thread is for player of the year mate not Prick of the year
Login to get fewer ads

POTY. on 19:16 - Apr 17 with 1202 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

POTY. on 18:58 - Apr 17 by nix

I'd have to go for Dieng, just for the many times he kept us in games when we were really struggling before Christmas. It gave us a platform of enough points to build on once we brought in the loan players. Although I'd also be happy if it went to Dickie.

I'd give young player award to Willock because he's come so far since he's joined and is really influential. But Chair has also scored a fair few goals and played all through the dark times, so maybe he should get it...

Totally agree about Willock and Chair but both are 23! Is that young for a footballer?
POTY. on 20:49 - Apr 17 with 1144 viewsnix

POTY. on 19:16 - Apr 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Totally agree about Willock and Chair but both are 23! Is that young for a footballer?

Hi Bazz
Wasn't sure but just checked and the PFA Player of the Year eligibility is 23 or under at the start of the season, so they would be eligible on those grounds, I think???
POTY. on 20:57 - Apr 17 with 1124 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

POTY. on 20:49 - Apr 17 by nix

Hi Bazz
Wasn't sure but just checked and the PFA Player of the Year eligibility is 23 or under at the start of the season, so they would be eligible on those grounds, I think???

I was being extremely petty!

They deserve it qualified or not
POTY. on 21:03 - Apr 17 with 1112 viewsSuperhoops2808

1) Dieng
2) Chair
3) Dickie

And for me, young player of the year is Willock. Appreciate he has not played a significant amount this season but love what I have seen so far
POTY. on 21:03 - Apr 17 with 1109 viewsBrixtonR

POTY. on 17:10 - Apr 17 by Rangersw12

Dickie for me

Best centre half we've had since Macca

ooooh yes please
Clever Dickie

Dickie defo POTY
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 21:05]
POTY. on 21:18 - Apr 17 with 1083 viewsCiderwithRsie

POTY. on 16:35 - Apr 17 by karl

As I remember from youth football the 'most improved' title was a double edged award.
'Well done, you're not our best player but at least you're not shit anymore...'

In cricket "Most Improved Fielder" is the most dubious award of all

"You can't bat or bowl and you used not to be able to catch"
POTY. on 21:20 - Apr 17 with 1079 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Dickie shades it over Dieng.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 21:20]
POTY. on 21:25 - Apr 17 with 1068 viewsMyke

It is call player of the year for a reason; for players who have played consistently well ALL season, regardless how the team is doing. So with that criteria, there are only three contenders; Dieng, Dickie and Chair. For me, Dieng's performances have dropped off a bit, going back to the Reading goal, even Bolaise's goal today went 'through' him. Dickie slipped a bit too, but only for a couple of games and back to his best today. Chair had a very impressive season, despite being played in a number of positions (left wing, 10, central mid-field) and in a number of formations.
(1) Dickie
(2) Chair
(3) Dieng
POTY. on 21:41 - Apr 17 with 1032 viewsDannyPaddox

Taking nothing away from all the quality names mentioned but by a country mile, an urban mile, a suburban mile, a nautical mile, a Swiss mile, and a Senegalese mile ... Seny Dieng 🙌🏼
POTY. on 21:43 - Apr 17 with 1029 viewsqueensparker

POTY. on 21:25 - Apr 17 by Myke

It is call player of the year for a reason; for players who have played consistently well ALL season, regardless how the team is doing. So with that criteria, there are only three contenders; Dieng, Dickie and Chair. For me, Dieng's performances have dropped off a bit, going back to the Reading goal, even Bolaise's goal today went 'through' him. Dickie slipped a bit too, but only for a couple of games and back to his best today. Chair had a very impressive season, despite being played in a number of positions (left wing, 10, central mid-field) and in a number of formations.
(1) Dickie
(2) Chair
(3) Dieng

That’s my one two three too - saved me having to type it up Myke! Chair has to be in there he’s been improving all season and such a big part of our team.

Harsh on Barbet, if we’d bought him at the start of the season and he played like that we’d probably all be rating him much higher.

And Willock, New Lee Wallace and the loan rangers all deserve a shout too.

Nice for this to be a debate for once eh? More potential for controversy than when Paddy Kenny won over Adel Taarabt
POTY. on 21:53 - Apr 17 with 1007 viewsMyke

POTY. on 21:43 - Apr 17 by queensparker

That’s my one two three too - saved me having to type it up Myke! Chair has to be in there he’s been improving all season and such a big part of our team.

Harsh on Barbet, if we’d bought him at the start of the season and he played like that we’d probably all be rating him much higher.

And Willock, New Lee Wallace and the loan rangers all deserve a shout too.

Nice for this to be a debate for once eh? More potential for controversy than when Paddy Kenny won over Adel Taarabt

Good call on Barbet, deserves a honorary mention. I am not his biggest fan, but 3 at the back (and Wallace's hugely improved form) meant he had a very solid second half to the season. Also, any player (for any club) who plays every minute of every game, in this season above all seasons, deserves a special mention. A testament to how he looks after himself.
POTY. on 22:14 - Apr 17 with 984 viewsGloryHunter

Seny has been worth 10 to 15 points for us this season. IMO.
POTY. on 22:34 - Apr 17 with 954 viewspaulparker

POTY. on 22:14 - Apr 17 by GloryHunter

Seny has been worth 10 to 15 points for us this season. IMO.

I said this last year on the lumley thread that a good keeper saves you 10 points a season, sadly I think he will be the one to be sold in the summer

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

POTY. on 22:51 - Apr 17 with 937 viewsHunterhoop

Dieng or Dickie

Then a gap to a host of options: Chair, Willock, Barbet, Johansen...

But it has to be one of the top two. Miles clear on contribution and consistency of performance levels.
POTY. on 23:07 - Apr 17 with 913 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Dickie.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

POTY. on 00:06 - Apr 18 with 854 viewskarl

POTY. on 22:34 - Apr 17 by paulparker

I said this last year on the lumley thread that a good keeper saves you 10 points a season, sadly I think he will be the one to be sold in the summer

Well on this thread it may be fair to say Lumley saved us 2 points today, thought he was excellent considering he came on as sub.
It's not a thread about him or keepers but the save he made down in among the feet of attackers and defenders was big in terms of the match but for him personally must be huge given the chat about his head knock against Villa being the reason for his loss of form. Perhaps a big turning point for him?
Hope so
POTY. on 07:01 - Apr 18 with 769 viewsthehat

1) Dickie
2) Dieng
3) Barbet

All three have been bloody outstanding!!!!

So much to like with this squad right now - Big shout out to Mark Warburton doing a great job and shows what can be achieved through periods of stability!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024