Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh god no 21:34 - May 29 with 8873 viewssdm1508

Not brentfart and chelscum in the same day
Oh god no on 09:08 - May 30 with 2397 viewsmcqpr10

Gutted about Chelsea. Was really confident city would win but pep messed it up with his selections. The fact their fans can crow about two champions leagues is quite galling.
Didn't watch the bees game but felt they would beat a very average Swansea side easily. They deserve to go up and have been so well run for ages now. Interesting to see what they do now. Reckon they might follow the Norwich model.
Oh god no on 09:08 - May 30 with 2394 viewsqprxtc

Many moons ago I played Championship Manager 96/97.

I cheated it to make QPR the best team in Europe. Won the Prem, FA Cup, League Cup and Champions League for years in a row. One season I made sure we won every single game we played, from friendlies to finals.

I also cheated to relegate the Kings Road shite out of the football league. I got sacked countless times but managed to send them to oblivion.

Yesterday, i bought a copy of Championship Manager 96/97 on eBay.....
Oh god no on 09:17 - May 30 with 2367 viewsStanFan

On the basis that someone had to win last night, I look at the bright side. We have been spared the "heart-warming" story of City's "plucky" rise from the third tier to European champions (with no mention of course that they have spent the national budget of several small nations to do it and also no mention of the fact that the rules have been designed to stop any clubs doing the same in future).

As for Brentford, I see that as a victory for doing it the right way. We are a few years behind them but it is good to see that the model can work.
Oh god no on 09:46 - May 30 with 2274 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I didn't mind Brentford going up but just been jogging and and a fair few Samsung warriors were abroad displaying their foilage/plumage.

These are usually not so common
[Post edited 30 May 2021 9:50]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Oh god no on 09:55 - May 30 with 2247 viewsstevec

I seem to have built a Zen like disregard for anything the ‘top six’ might be involved in.
Oh god no on 10:16 - May 30 with 2195 viewsNorthernr

Pretty good example of two managers getting to finals and over thinking things, changing things that had worked to get them there.
Oh god no on 10:35 - May 30 with 2152 viewsdenhamhoop2

Oh god no on 10:16 - May 30 by Northernr

Pretty good example of two managers getting to finals and over thinking things, changing things that had worked to get them there.

100 % both tried to be too clever Pep seemed to think he was Kevin Keegan/Harry Redknapp 11 best players does not a best team make it's about balance. Should have been either Sterling or Foden, Mahrez or Bernardo just don't get why the Water Carrier is so under rated in this country. Wilkins needed Barker and Holloway Kante showed just how good he is in the role if Fat Frank hadn't wasted him on the right wing he might have still been at Chelsea
Oh god no on 11:19 - May 30 with 2066 viewsBAWHoops

Also interesting how 'control' won the final when viewed through the prism of England.
I see people obsessing over how to get all our attacking talents on the pitch at once, but that simply doesn't win you games at the highest level. All about controlling the game.
Chelsea last night gave a masterclass in it. At no point did that game get away from them, even when they defended deep second half.

Really wouldn't surprise me if Southgate goes with this for the summer

Pickford
Walker Stones Maguire/Mings
James Rice Henderson Chilwell
Foden Kane Mount

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Login to get fewer ads

Oh god no on 11:20 - May 30 with 2065 viewsKonk

Oh god no on 09:55 - May 30 by stevec

I seem to have built a Zen like disregard for anything the ‘top six’ might be involved in.

I’m with you Stevec. When Chelsea finally won the CL, it was like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders. I don’t give a sh it about how many trophies they win or what goes on at the top of the table or in a Big six cup final. It’s funny when they fuc k up, but I hate modern football at the top so much, that I genuinely have almost no interest in which of the wan ky clubs win what. One of my best mates is a huge City fan, and when I was at school, I used to go to a few City games with my eldest brother’s City supporting mate, so I have always had a soft spot for them, but I couldn’t honestly generate any enthusiasm for them winning the CL either. Modern football is a bunch of wan k.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Oh god no on 11:22 - May 30 with 2058 viewsPinnerPaul

Oh god no on 10:16 - May 30 by Northernr

Indeed, hate to say it, but both deserved to win.

Must give a big thumbs up to CL Final referee, he was good - as you would expect I guess!
Oh god no on 11:26 - May 30 with 2050 viewsNorthernr

Oh god no on 11:20 - May 30 by Konk

I’m with you Stevec. When Chelsea finally won the CL, it was like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders. I don’t give a sh it about how many trophies they win or what goes on at the top of the table or in a Big six cup final. It’s funny when they fuc k up, but I hate modern football at the top so much, that I genuinely have almost no interest in which of the wan ky clubs win what. One of my best mates is a huge City fan, and when I was at school, I used to go to a few City games with my eldest brother’s City supporting mate, so I have always had a soft spot for them, but I couldn’t honestly generate any enthusiasm for them winning the CL either. Modern football is a bunch of wan k.

BT Sport had an incredible 'City and Chelsea through history' performance poetry montage before the game last night with all the usual cliche and guff you would expect - Kings Road, Norman Hunter, Italian revolution v BritPop, feed the Goat, Oasis and all this trite sht. Incredible because it got through the "history" of both clubs without mentioning that one is doped by a Russian money launderer and the other by an oppressive Middle Eastern regime. You'd honestly never know it had happened, and that both teams have just magically and organically grown into Champions League finalists.
Oh god no on 11:49 - May 30 with 1967 viewsjohnhoop

Oh god no on 11:26 - May 30 by Northernr

BT Sport had an incredible 'City and Chelsea through history' performance poetry montage before the game last night with all the usual cliche and guff you would expect - Kings Road, Norman Hunter, Italian revolution v BritPop, feed the Goat, Oasis and all this trite sht. Incredible because it got through the "history" of both clubs without mentioning that one is doped by a Russian money launderer and the other by an oppressive Middle Eastern regime. You'd honestly never know it had happened, and that both teams have just magically and organically grown into Champions League finalists.

Totally agree Clive and while Brentford’s success may p-ss a lot of us off because it reminds us of the chances we had ten years ago and squandered so wastefully, at least they’ve got to the “Promised Land” without having the achievement bought for them with dodgy money.
On another note I recognized Phil Daniels as the main cheerleader for Chelsea in that vomit-inducing segment you referred to but have no idea who the apparent down and out character was who was performing a similar function for City. I’m sure I’ll get people now reacting in disbelief saying “how come you didn’t recognize ––––––-.”
Oh god no on 11:52 - May 30 with 1959 viewsthemodfather

i never watched a second of any of the games and it never happened, it is fake news.
the galling bit is the continual "west london" teams bit, grrrrr brentford nylons are twickenham, tw post code and the other lot are sw1 or something.
Oh god no on 12:00 - May 30 with 1941 viewskensalriser

This all day long.

People rightly get upset when some individual inadequate saddo throws racist abuse at a player on Twitter, yet the entire world of football conducts an omerta like silence on the grotesque nature of the owners of a number of top clubs.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Oh god no on 12:18 - May 30 with 1907 viewsTacticalR

As the substance of nations disappears we are given the theatre of nationalism.

Air hostess clique

Oh god no on 12:25 - May 30 with 1888 viewsOldPedro

I didn't watch either game but I did put a couple of quid on a Brentford/Chelsea double, so at least I'll get a few free pints in the sun this afternoon.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Oh god no on 12:27 - May 30 with 1882 viewsted_hendrix

Then don't watch it, you pretty much know what you're gonna get before it starts.

Switch the bloody thing off, people sign up for Sky-BT Sport or whatever the latest 'must have' channel is out there and then complain about what they're getting drip fed afterwards.

The whole goddam thing long ago become a circus, full of people who think they are celebrities.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Oh god no on 12:35 - May 30 with 1855 viewsdistortR

Oh god no on 10:35 - May 30 by denhamhoop2

100 % both tried to be too clever Pep seemed to think he was Kevin Keegan/Harry Redknapp 11 best players does not a best team make it's about balance. Should have been either Sterling or Foden, Mahrez or Bernardo just don't get why the Water Carrier is so under rated in this country. Wilkins needed Barker and Holloway Kante showed just how good he is in the role if Fat Frank hadn't wasted him on the right wing he might have still been at Chelsea

I was musing on that last night, you have the best defensive midfielder in the world, so stick him out of position
Oh god no on 17:08 - May 30 with 1662 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Oh god no on 07:33 - May 30 by ozexile

We all know as soon as they put on an England shirt they'll play like they've never seen a football before.

I think you mean ROI there ozexile .Matt Doherty and Seamus Coleman used to run up and down wings every Pl game and set up scoring chances like nobodys business then pull on the green shirt and turn unto pub league players.
The manager even decided they both could not function in the same 11 if you can believe that .
However getting back to the topic and if GS plays Henderson or Rice ahead of Grealish it will be a crime .
I see England making a deep run and if their Goalkeeping stays solid could possibly win it all.
Oh god no on 17:18 - May 30 with 1650 viewsPhil_i_P_Daddy

FFS!

Phil_i_P

Oh god no on 17:38 - May 30 with 1612 viewsLogman

I think we should play Grealish left mid. He's very effective when he gets into the box on the left and it would allow GS to play his cloggers in CM.
Oh god no on 18:15 - May 30 with 1536 viewsPaddyhoops

In total agreement on that one. Gillingham play off final the usual one one with citeh!!
They sell cheap tickets to fill thier stadium and Chelsea hand back hundred of unsold tickets for the final.
Two made up, petro dollar doped football clubs who will clean up over the next 30 years.
It starts to grate when you hear all this bulls**t about " how we deserve it after what we went through over the years"
As for the crap I was hearing on the five live love in on Brentford, well apparently thier aiming for regular European football as opposed to Premier league stability!
We should all aim for the stars but really??
To our regular Brentford correspondent I say we'll done mate. Always comes across as a top bloke!!
Oh god no on 19:16 - May 30 with 1436 viewsflynnbo

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/05/30/chelsea-fans-deface-winston-churchil
Oh god no on 19:19 - May 30 with 1424 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Been nice weather to avoid the telly, radio and papers today. Will carry on for the next week or so until the Euros, so hopefully nuclear war won't break out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024