Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread 11:29 - Jun 22 with 7487 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Nervy 1-0 or 2-1 to England for me
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 21:37 - Jun 22 with 1513 viewsMalintabuk

Really poor 2nd half. Not sure if Rice was injured but Henderson looks off the pace and the other 2 subs also look pretty much null and void
Disappointed with our attitude this half.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 21:54 - Jun 22 with 1423 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 21:37 - Jun 22 by Malintabuk

Really poor 2nd half. Not sure if Rice was injured but Henderson looks off the pace and the other 2 subs also look pretty much null and void
Disappointed with our attitude this half.

Top of the group, no goals conceded, unbeaten.

What more could you ask for?
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 21:56 - Jun 22 with 1398 viewsderbyhoop

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 21:54 - Jun 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

Every game won by at least 3?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 21:57 - Jun 22 with 1382 viewsQPRSteve

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 21:54 - Jun 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

Some entertainment?
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 21:58 - Jun 22 with 1376 viewskensalriser

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 21:56 - Jun 22 by derbyhoop

Every game won by at least 3?

At least, and also play Other Players who are much better.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 21:58 - Jun 22 with 1354 viewsstevec

A bit of excitement.

Can barely keep my eyes open.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 21:58 - Jun 22 with 1368 viewsCamberleyR

A bit of entertainment might be nice.

Nobody's going to be looking at this England team and thinking thank christ we're not playing them.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 22:00 - Jun 22 with 1357 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 21:57 - Jun 22 by QPRSteve

Some entertainment?

Try Alton Towers!

So far, this England side is industrial, methodical, and considered.

Dare I say it like a German tournament side.

It was always going to take a cultural change of ideas to move England forward. Will take this over the piss and thunder losses of yesteryear.
Login to get fewer ads

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 22:01 - Jun 22 with 1341 viewsMalintabuk

Only 2 goals scored.... not creating a great deal.....our best player looks totally isolated
We play far to slowly and always look at the safe option.... a manager who I feel does not quite know what his best teams is or his best formation to get the team ticking
But yes we don't concede many which is a plus and we did top the table
Seen plenty of winners of tournaments play like England by not conceding and winning 1-0. But you just feel that we could win with a little more panache.
But saying that I will take 1-0 every game to win it
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 22:07 - Jun 22 with 1278 viewsMrSheen

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 22:01 - Jun 22 by Malintabuk

Only 2 goals scored.... not creating a great deal.....our best player looks totally isolated
We play far to slowly and always look at the safe option.... a manager who I feel does not quite know what his best teams is or his best formation to get the team ticking
But yes we don't concede many which is a plus and we did top the table
Seen plenty of winners of tournaments play like England by not conceding and winning 1-0. But you just feel that we could win with a little more panache.
But saying that I will take 1-0 every game to win it

I was a bit worried with 25 to go, but Bellingham for Grealish seemed to take the midfield away from the Czechs and we were easily the better side from then on. I was a bit disappointed DCL didn’t get on instead for Kane, but it was much better all round against a decent side.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 22:07 - Jun 22 with 1275 viewsted_hendrix

I'd like to ask the England Management and players to practice taking corners please.

See if they can beat the first Man on the odd occasion.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 22:10 - Jun 22 with 1257 viewswood_hoop

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 21:30 - Jun 22 by jeffranger

Taken Grealish off, Southgate is a knob & no idea

His ideas are not a lot that are agreed with.....

The commentator mentioned that Southgate had looked back at previous winners Portugal/Greece ? to assess his tatics if that is the case then expecting much more than just winning the game will be the aim even if a bore fest doing it......each to thir own but imo defence is still a weak point and against stronger teams have my doubts thry have will hold out.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 22:10 - Jun 22 with 1254 viewsBoston

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 18:18 - Jun 22 by TacticalR

Just now...walking through Kilburn, all the traffic was at a standstill with police cars everywhere. Then the England bus pulled out of Priory Road, so the England team must have been staying at the Marriot Hotel in Kilburn.

I really enjoy 'on the spot reporting'. Down by the Queens isn't it, not been past for years?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 22:12 - Jun 22 with 1245 viewsBoston

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 22:07 - Jun 22 by ted_hendrix

I'd like to ask the England Management and players to practice taking corners please.

See if they can beat the first Man on the odd occasion.

Oh, I think they could manage two goals against the Isle of Man.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 22:16 - Jun 22 with 1219 viewsBazzeR

In the past couple of tournaments England have been quite inventive and effective with set pieces but have shown little so far.

Hope it’s a deliberate tactic to keep our powder dry for the upcoming games
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 22:20 - Jun 22 with 1194 viewsjoe90

First half very good. Getting Grealish and Saka in made all the difference. Sterling was also impressive.

Second half we lost all intenisty. Hope I'm wrong but can't see us getting much against one of the better teams.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 22:22 - Jun 22 with 1189 viewsSharpy36

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 22:16 - Jun 22 by BazzeR

In the past couple of tournaments England have been quite inventive and effective with set pieces but have shown little so far.

Hope it’s a deliberate tactic to keep our powder dry for the upcoming games

Get Kane back taking the corners. Roy was a visionary.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 22:25 - Jun 22 with 1167 viewsTacticalR

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 22:10 - Jun 22 by Boston

I really enjoy 'on the spot reporting'. Down by the Queens isn't it, not been past for years?

Yes, the Queens Arms is opposite. You can see the edge of the Marriot Hotel on the right in the first picture. I was crossing Priory Road and wondering why anyone in their right mind would drive a coach down such a narrow road and then when I saw the side of the coach I realised that the team must have been staying in the hotel and left via the side entrance. Lots of kids were running around as there are two schools nearby.

Air hostess clique

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 22:27 - Jun 22 with 1152 viewsQPRSteve

What's the rule on substitutions? I thought teams could only make three sets of subs but we made four.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 22:37 - Jun 22 with 1079 viewsSharpy36

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 22:27 - Jun 22 by QPRSteve

What's the rule on substitutions? I thought teams could only make three sets of subs but we made four.

5 subs in 90 minutes, another one if it goes to extra time.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 22:38 - Jun 22 with 1075 viewsBazzeR

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 22:27 - Jun 22 by QPRSteve

Each team are permitted a max of 3 stoppages for subs but half time and extra time don’t count.

Think England made 1 sub at half time
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 23:08 - Jun 22 with 974 viewsQPRSteve

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 22:38 - Jun 22 by BazzeR

Each team are permitted a max of 3 stoppages for subs but half time and extra time don’t count.

Think England made 1 sub at half time

Thanks Baz. Gets more and more confusing his rule.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 23:14 - Jun 22 with 952 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 22:10 - Jun 22 by Boston

They like to call themselves Maida Vale, but I know the area as South Kilburn 😂
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 08:06 - Jun 23 with 684 viewstraininvain

Top of the group without losing or conceding a goal and plenty of competition for places going into a mouthwatering round of 16 tie against France, Germany or Portugal. Yet people are still unhappy. We’re a hard bunch to please!
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 08:11 - Jun 23 with 672 viewsTheChef

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Czech Republic 🇨🇿 Match Thread on 22:10 - Jun 22 by wood_hoop

His ideas are not a lot that are agreed with.....

The commentator mentioned that Southgate had looked back at previous winners Portugal/Greece ? to assess his tatics if that is the case then expecting much more than just winning the game will be the aim even if a bore fest doing it......each to thir own but imo defence is still a weak point and against stronger teams have my doubts thry have will hold out.

Yes it looks like the aim is to follow the Greece 2004 method and bore everyone to death with a series of 1-0 wins

Thing is first half with Grealish and Saka we looked a lot brighter, it's amazing what a bit of pace and movement can do. Sterling hits the post, Kane probably should score too, so we could have been two or three up at half time. Unfortunately we then have another Warbs esque half time team talk from Southgate, the whale music goes on and the players come out soporific for the second half. All the zip and energy we showed in the first half seems to go out the window.

If it's one of France/Germany/Portugal in the next game then we will have to pull our fingers out and probably score at least two goals - and if you want to win the thing you have to beat the best teams at some point. So if it's through a series of dull 1-0 wins, who really cares?

And I know Kane is our leader/legend blah blah but he looks really knackered and probably distracted by his transfer goings on too, so I'd be tempted to drop him and start someone else. Won't happen though of course.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024