Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread 07:33 - Jul 2 with 12384 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 12:48 - Jul 3 with 1697 viewsterryb

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 15:17 - Jul 2 by 80s_Boy

Great picture, never seen it before!

Very surprised to see West Germany so low down the field as they were more fancied than both Hungary (who were clearly on a decline) and France who are on similar odds.

Can only presume this is because they were expected to finish 2nd to Argentina in the group and would have played England at Wembley in the QTRs and they had never won a match against England at that point.

That would be the Hungary side who beat Brazil 3-1 & played superbly with Albert & Farkas unplayable.

Yes, they did go out in the QF against a very disciplined USSR team, but like Brazil, they suffered from the severe kicking that they received from Portugal.

Back to tonight. Of course it might go wrong, but England should win & thankfully we won't be watching the never ending boredom that an England - Sweden match brings!
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 13:08 - Jul 3 with 1653 viewsHayesender

Off down the Coningham in a bit to make sure I get a seat. What could possibly go wrong 🤔

Poll: Shamima Beghum

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 13:14 - Jul 3 with 1645 views80s_Boy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 12:48 - Jul 3 by terryb

That would be the Hungary side who beat Brazil 3-1 & played superbly with Albert & Farkas unplayable.

Yes, they did go out in the QF against a very disciplined USSR team, but like Brazil, they suffered from the severe kicking that they received from Portugal.

Back to tonight. Of course it might go wrong, but England should win & thankfully we won't be watching the never ending boredom that an England - Sweden match brings!

That would be the Hungary side who, arguably, benefitted from playing against a demoralised Brazil who were still shocked at the tactics deployed against them by Bulgaria and full of paranoid beliefs, as all South American sides were, that European officials were crooked and the World Cup was fixed to ensure it would be won by a UEFA side.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2021 13:15]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 13:28 - Jul 3 with 1613 viewsterryb

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 13:14 - Jul 3 by 80s_Boy

That would be the Hungary side who, arguably, benefitted from playing against a demoralised Brazil who were still shocked at the tactics deployed against them by Bulgaria and full of paranoid beliefs, as all South American sides were, that European officials were crooked and the World Cup was fixed to ensure it would be won by a UEFA side.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2021 13:15]

It was Portugal & not Bulgaria that kicked Brazil out of the tournament. Hungary were also suffering from the Portugeese physical attack on them when they outplayed Brazil.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 13:36 - Jul 3 with 1595 views80s_Boy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 13:28 - Jul 3 by terryb

It was Portugal & not Bulgaria that kicked Brazil out of the tournament. Hungary were also suffering from the Portugeese physical attack on them when they outplayed Brazil.

Not sure I can agree with you here.

Bulgaria were also very physical and combined with off field concerns about the World Cup being fixed the Brazilian team floundered after the experience of the first match.

The Bulgarians caused physical as well as physologocal injury too:

"Yet that winning debut came at a price. O Rei received some harsh treatment at the hands of the eastern Europeans and picked up an injury to his right knee that forced him to miss the second group match against Hungary, with Tostao coming in to replace him. Led by Florian Albert and Ferenc Bene, the skilful and well-drilled Hungarians outclassed a Brazil side lacking identity"

https://www.fifa.com/news/brazil-and-the-third-world-title-that-never-was-281302
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 15:35 - Jul 3 with 1502 viewstraininvain

Looks like Sancho set to start tonight ahead of Saka. Interesting selection as he’s not had a kick so far this tournament.

Might turn out to be more good management from Southgate as Sancho should be fresh and very motivated. Fingers crossed.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 15:59 - Jul 3 with 1475 viewsMalintabuk

Talk sh!te seems to think we will go 4-2-3-1 and they have been right the last few times regarding system
If this is true then 2 holding players makes me feel we are going to be cagey again. Can't argue with Southgate so far but would have loved to see us go with just one holding and someone like Grealish to get among the Ukrainians.
Feel the Ukrainians will play deep and so might not need to have the 2 holding players
For me we need an early goal and if we do get one I think we will win it easily 2 or 3 nil. The longer we wait for a goal the more nervous I think we will be.
Think we will win and set up a final against Italy at Wembley what a great game that will be
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 19:07 - Jul 3 with 1356 viewsMalintabuk

Yep.... 4 2 3 1.....
Login to get fewer ads

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 19:11 - Jul 3 with 1345 viewstraininvain

Strong team and a bit more attacking threat. Plenty of depth on the bench with Grealish, Foden, Rashford etc.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 19:28 - Jul 3 with 1296 viewsDorse

Excited. Strange new feeling. Think it might be called 'hope'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 19:31 - Jul 3 with 1289 viewsSK_hoops

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 15:35 - Jul 3 by traininvain

Looks like Sancho set to start tonight ahead of Saka. Interesting selection as he’s not had a kick so far this tournament.

Might turn out to be more good management from Southgate as Sancho should be fresh and very motivated. Fingers crossed.

Saka had a knock too, so wise decision.

Come on England!
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 19:35 - Jul 3 with 1281 viewsMalintabuk

England game supposed to be postponed. One of the Ukraine players has tested positive for covid. Their left back Tickili Chestikov.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 19:37 - Jul 3 with 1267 viewsDorse

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 19:35 - Jul 3 by Malintabuk

England game supposed to be postponed. One of the Ukraine players has tested positive for covid. Their left back Tickili Chestikov.

I heard one of their team had a bad groin injury. Fella called Rip Diznackazov.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 19:44 - Jul 3 with 1238 views80s_Boy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 19:35 - Jul 3 by Malintabuk

Not going to lie, I've stolen this for the family WhatsApp group 😁
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 19:54 - Jul 3 with 1203 viewsMalintabuk

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 19:44 - Jul 3 by 80s_Boy

Not going to lie, I've stolen this for the family WhatsApp group 😁

Welcome
As Greavies always said it's a funny old game
I can track my football ups and downs with this crazy little club wecall support on here...... but sitting here 10 mins from an England kick off I have never felt so nervous and emotional outside of a QPR game ..... so c'mon you Liiiiioooooooonnnnnnsssss
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 20:05 - Jul 3 with 1170 viewsMalintabuk

Yyyyeeeeesssssss
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 20:07 - Jul 3 with 1161 viewsJuzzie

I was just typing this as we scored!!

I just noticed all three teams that qualified for the Euro2020 semi final played their quarter final in a white kit. Hopefully we can be the fourth!
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 20:27 - Jul 3 with 1100 viewsMalintabuk

Well it's not exciting by England but it's clever and very professional
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 20:31 - Jul 3 with 1085 viewsBazzeR

England remind me of the old boring Arsenal team winning 1-0

Ugly football
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 20:52 - Jul 3 with 1015 viewsJuzzie

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 20:31 - Jul 3 by BazzeR

England remind me of the old boring Arsenal team winning 1-0

Ugly football

I was never a fan of that as they did it year in year out but if England win Euro2020 like that, I’ll take it all day long.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 20:53 - Jul 3 with 1006 viewsMalintabuk

For me a great first half England. The early goal and controlled the game from there
Sterling superb and good from Sancho
Even though they caused a few problems for us when that injury forced a system change we still had the better chances for a second
More of the same for me for 20-25 mins and once the games stretches bring on Grealish and possibly Henderson
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 20:56 - Jul 3 with 979 views80s_Boy

We controlled that half and should be happy with how we've played.

One of our biggest problems in past tournaments was our inability to slow a game down and Southgate has fixed that.

It might not be 'exciting' but if you want entertainment go and see clowns and all that. Tournaments are , at the end of the day, about winning!!
[Post edited 3 Jul 2021 20:57]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 20:57 - Jul 3 with 975 viewsWegerles_Stairs

According to the commentators England are playing the Brazil 1970 side rather than a third-place qualifier.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 21:06 - Jul 3 with 910 viewsMalintabuk

That will do nicely...... great FK Shaw
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 21:09 - Jul 3 with 899 viewskensalriser

Bloody hell I missed that goal getting a beer!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024