Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread 07:33 - Jul 2 with 12369 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 15:45 - Jul 4 with 1964 views80s_Boy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 15:35 - Jul 4 by PinnerPaul

Who knows with this tournament, but my guess is we'll beat Denmark but lose to Italy in the final.

I'd rather play Italy than Spain to be honest.

I think the Spanish have a far better chance of beating us.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 15:56 - Jul 4 with 1936 viewsHayesender

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 23:33 - Jul 3 by Boston

Alcohol poisoning?

That may account for the way I'm feeling today 😷

Poll: Shamima Beghum

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 16:51 - Jul 4 with 1842 viewsPinnerPaul

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 15:45 - Jul 4 by 80s_Boy

I'd rather play Italy than Spain to be honest.

I think the Spanish have a far better chance of beating us.

Its all opinions isn't it, but, for me, Italy far and away the best team in the tournament.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 16:54 - Jul 4 with 1832 viewsdenhamhoop2

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 16:51 - Jul 4 by PinnerPaul

Its all opinions isn't it, but, for me, Italy far and away the best team in the tournament.

Do think the lost of Spinnazola may well reduce their attacking options but they have been the most enjoyable side to watch in the tournament but those teams rarely win the competition. Spain create lots of chances if they had a Lewandowski or Kane would be the favourites for the tournament.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 18:15 - Jul 4 with 1712 views80s_Boy

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 16:51 - Jul 4 by PinnerPaul

For me the odds on Spain beating us are higher because it would be their 4th major final in 13 years and our 1st for 55.

Give me a regular match against them now and I've no doubts that we'd go into it as favourites and I'd expect us to win but a final? However confident our lads seem and however they are, thankfully, able to approach tournaments with a clean slate, untarnished by previous failures there will be a lot of nerves going into the final.

Italy have, of course, been in 2 finals in the last 15 years but they have just emerged from a rebuilding project enforced by an abysmal failure to qualify for Russia 2018 and will be nervous too even if not to the same extent as we would possibly be.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2021 18:17]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 18:37 - Jul 4 with 1658 viewskensalriser

Historical stats have little to no bearing on the next fixtures. Italy have looked far better than Spain and are the only side left who've won every game. They have to be hot favourites for the final, just as England should be.

If it turns out that way England Italy will be a fascinating clash of two dramatically different playing styles.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 23:11 - Jul 4 with 1457 viewsdaveB

Lets get to the final first then worry about who we are playing if we get there. Denmark are the strongest side we've met so far imo. A very good team.

For me a massive moment came after we scored early last night, in the last Semi final we went for the jugular after the 1st goal and could have scored 3 or 4 but were out on our feet in the second half. This time we scored early and just managed the game, saved energy and knew gaps would appear and we could add more goals later just don't do anything daft.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 00:21 - Jul 5 with 1401 viewsbob566

Thought Italy's first 45 v Belgium was the best I've seen of any team. Soft penno for the world number one changed the match. If Italy produces that first half they beat anyone
Login to get fewer ads

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 00:58 - Jul 5 with 1378 viewsSydneyRs

Really don't know why everyone is so terrified of Italy. Yes they've played well but so have we and we'll be at home if we make the final. Nothing to fear in any of the remaining teams IMHO. No guarantees but this is very winnable.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 09:15 - Jul 5 with 1162 viewsToast_R

Worse thing you can do with Italy is go a goal down to them as they start diving, feigning injury, conning the ref who always seems to buy it all. The most shithousery team in history.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 09:34 - Jul 5 with 1134 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 09:15 - Jul 5 by Toast_R

Worse thing you can do with Italy is go a goal down to them as they start diving, feigning injury, conning the ref who always seems to buy it all. The most shithousery team in history.

They are just a sunny Preston.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 09:42 - Jul 5 with 1109 viewsToast_R

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 09:34 - Jul 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

They are just a sunny Preston.

Seriously though, just read that the final 21 minutes of their match against Belgium, the ball was only in play for 9 of those.

Cheating.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 11:21 - Jul 5 with 1066 viewsQPR_Jim

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 09:42 - Jul 5 by Toast_R

Seriously though, just read that the final 21 minutes of their match against Belgium, the ball was only in play for 9 of those.

Cheating.

To be fair Immobile has proven that they do this before they score as well.

I hope that this blatant cheating has put a target on their backs and refs stop being so generous with them. I doubt it though.

Watching the end of the Italy vs Belgium game I said that we'll probably end up losing to an Italy side running down the clock as it would be more torturous than losing in the semi for me personally.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 11:29 - Jul 5 with 1058 viewskensalriser

I honestly haven’t noticed that Italy are vastly more culpable than any other team, allowing for the obvious fact that they haven’t been behind in a game. People with hammers seeing nothing but nails?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 11:32 - Jul 5 with 1047 viewsMick_S

Don’t worry. The psychic bloke on This Morning reckons it’s in the bag.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 11:33 - Jul 5 with 1046 viewsPhildo

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 00:21 - Jul 5 by bob566

Thought Italy's first 45 v Belgium was the best I've seen of any team. Soft penno for the world number one changed the match. If Italy produces that first half they beat anyone

Thought the same that first half was top stuff from both sides
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 14:12 - Jul 5 with 903 viewsPinnerPaul

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 00:58 - Jul 5 by SydneyRs

Really don't know why everyone is so terrified of Italy. Yes they've played well but so have we and we'll be at home if we make the final. Nothing to fear in any of the remaining teams IMHO. No guarantees but this is very winnable.

Its not just that they have played well here, they are on an incredible unbeaten run and have conceded 1 goal in 12/13 matches.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 14:13 - Jul 5 with 899 viewsPinnerPaul

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 11:21 - Jul 5 by QPR_Jim

To be fair Immobile has proven that they do this before they score as well.

I hope that this blatant cheating has put a target on their backs and refs stop being so generous with them. I doubt it though.

Watching the end of the Italy vs Belgium game I said that we'll probably end up losing to an Italy side running down the clock as it would be more torturous than losing in the semi for me personally.

Annoying but thought the ref only 'missed' 1 minute - added 6, played 8, I would have played 9.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 15:53 - Jul 5 with 832 viewsQPR_Jim

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 14:13 - Jul 5 by PinnerPaul

Annoying but thought the ref only 'missed' 1 minute - added 6, played 8, I would have played 9.

Yeah it's not the refs fault or anything and I don't think it's the time added on that's the problem, it's the loss of flow and momentum of the game. It helps if you're trying to equalise if you can build up pressure, their tactics stop that. It also made the second half a lot less fun to watch as a neutral.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 16:43 - Jul 5 with 783 viewsdaveB

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 14:13 - Jul 5 by PinnerPaul

He could have booked some of the antics to try and put a stop to it
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 16:51 - Jul 5 with 770 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

They were showing the Uruguay v Columbia match after the England match where I was. Worst game of football I’ve ever seen.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 17:09 - Jul 5 with 756 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 09:42 - Jul 5 by Toast_R

Cheating.

Too late to call up Austin and Dykes? Reckon we can sneak the latter in.
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 19:05 - Jul 5 with 700 viewsJuzzie

Especially after Immobile’s embarrassing feigning of injury, I just hope ref’s simply stop (in all games…Euro’s, PL, EFL, CL etc) giving anything, even if legitimate (can they do that without getting in trouble with the authorities/assessors? Can the authorities/assessors give them permission?).

I’m not sure what else can be done other than to stop giving the foul. Maybe then the player’s will stop if there’s nothing to gain?

[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 19:06]
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 21:59 - Jul 5 with 583 viewsSK_hoops

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 09:15 - Jul 5 by Toast_R

I will love it if we beat them, love it!
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Ukraine 🇺🇦 Match Thread on 22:04 - Jul 5 with 576 viewsHayesender

I haven't been this nervous about a semi since I watched Brokeback mountain

Poll: Shamima Beghum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024