Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley Match Thread 10:55 - Aug 20 with 28153 viewsPinnerPaul

Lets try for 3 in a row (I stared the last two match threads!)

2-1 us, Chair to get off the mark, don't care who scores the 2nd as long as somebody does!
Barnsley Match Thread on 13:25 - Aug 21 with 2102 viewstraininvain

Barnsley Match Thread on 13:21 - Aug 21 by ozexile

Passenger wasn't he. Didn't get forward didn't defend. Looked liked he'd been picked out of the crowd in a charity match.

In his defence, it’s his first start in the championship and it was a big ask given injuries and suspensions.

It’ll take around 50 appearances until we have a better idea of whether Dozzel’s up to it. I wouldn’t write him off just yet.
Barnsley Match Thread on 13:25 - Aug 21 with 2089 viewsGreenbay

Barnsley Match Thread on 13:15 - Aug 21 by CamberleyR

Marked improvement since the subs.

Agreed.
The problem is our back-up players aren't good enough - the subbed Dozzell and Thomas etc. They may improve but not good enough now.
So with the injured Wallace, Dykes and the red-carded Odubajo out - we're down to a minimum.
In addition the Barnsley style of closing down spaces in our half continues to be a problem.
That means Johansson and Chair are being rushed and giving the ball away.
Take into account we've had no preparation time following Wednesday's victory at Middlesbro, the players having to play the second half at Middlesbro with just 10-men, so little recovery time - no wonder we're so far outclassed.
Despite all this Willock still looks impressive.
A draw from this match will be an unbelievable achievement.
Barnsley Match Thread on 13:25 - Aug 21 with 2087 viewsSuperhoop83

The only thing we got right all half was the substitutions.

However, this was always going to be a hard match after Wednesday and Barnsley look excellent going forwards.

Suffering since 1978.

Barnsley Match Thread on 13:26 - Aug 21 with 2064 viewsMrSheen

Lucky it’s only 0-2, they were ripping us apart. But where there’s life…
Barnsley Match Thread on 13:27 - Aug 21 with 2035 viewsrsonist

Barnsley Match Thread on 13:21 - Aug 21 by ozexile

Passenger wasn't he. Didn't get forward didn't defend. Looked liked he'd been picked out of the crowd in a charity match.

If he did neither but remained in the right positions to receive and could keep the possession ticking quickly he'd have still been useful. As it was Barnsley feasted on him, and where they didn't he gave it away.

Defence clearly look more awkward in a four now but at least Ball's stemmed the haemorrhage and given us a shaky platform.
Barnsley Match Thread on 13:27 - Aug 21 with 2033 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Barnsley Match Thread on 13:18 - Aug 21 by rsonist

Thomas individually poor for sure but Dozzell in the middle was the main reason we were getting killed. Switching the tactics allows for Adomah.

Agreed. Dozzell hopeless, needed taking off. Thomas lost. Kakay also very poor as usual.

But anybody who had thought about it already knew Barnsley were odds on to do this to us.
Barnsley Match Thread on 13:27 - Aug 21 with 2004 viewsBurnleyhoop

Shocked at how little tenacity Dozzell has, utter lightweight with no protection given to the defence. Passing all over the place.
Defending by the back 3 for the second goal pathetic.

Need to wake up as all the effort on Wednesday will be for nothing.
Bizarre selection from Warbs.
Barnsley Match Thread on 13:28 - Aug 21 with 1989 viewsMalintabuk

Think is least said soonest mended. Totally dominated by Barnsley who are looking really good
Poor crowd today I know its on Sky and not a great day but pretty poor turn out
Was chatting to a lad next to me and he was right why are we sending players out on loan and we then can't make the numbers for the subs.....Think this is going to bring us back to earth a little we really have a good 1st 11...... but after that not so sure.
So the first really not great by Seny and he looked offside but we are not in line
The second was coming and in all honesty they deserved
On bright spot was the clap for Stan on 10mins
Again it seems we can't handle the high press. It would be easier to say who played well rather than who was bad..... but hand on heart everyone was poor
I guess the only one that was decent was Barbet and perhaps Willock but that was a out it
2nd half most likely Barnsley have done enough already so we may get back in it and an early goal and you never know
Not sure who is going to come off the bench 2nd half to change the game
This one might just be take it and move on
Login to get fewer ads

Barnsley Match Thread on 13:29 - Aug 21 with 1963 viewsOakR

Fair play to Barnsley, some of their passing and movement has been outstanding, throughly deserve to be ahead.

We've looked better since the subs, we really missed Dom Ball in the middle. Still not created much, but attacking more and defending better.

Tough first half to watch that one.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Barnsley Match Thread on 13:31 - Aug 21 with 1882 viewscharmr

Got to give Barnsley a lot of credit. Playing well and figured us out.

Playing like satchis Milan surrounding the player on the ball with triangles.

This is a good test to see what we are made of.
Barnsley Match Thread on 13:31 - Aug 21 with 1878 viewsrsonist

Dozzell granted but Johansen doesn't get off scot free for that half either. Barnsley really cut him down to size last season too.
Barnsley Match Thread on 13:32 - Aug 21 with 1832 viewsstainrods_elbow

The suspicion is that Thomas doesn't play any position well! Really shows up Warburton's pre-match words about how great a squad member he is.

Though we started to play a bit of football at least in the last few minutes of the half thanks to Adomah giving us some skill and width, that was mostly tired, lazy, feckless and careless, a performance set up by the perfect storm of the manager's expectation-downward managing moaning, the fans' bandwagon-jumping 'let's not expect too much' complicity, the early kickoff, Sky cameras, and bloody Barnsley coming to town. It's been as half-cocked and half-hearted as Middlesbrough was gutsy and glorious.

Personally, though he's had precious little service, I'd consider pulling Charlie for Kelman, who hasn't looked interested. Jojo has hardly played a single decisive pass, Barbet's been out of sorts, and, though Chair's been buzzing and weaving, hasn't been very effective.

If we can attack them, get one back and play like we mean it in the 2nd half, all might not be lost, but we've given ourselves a helluva lot to do just to salvage a point now. I could equally see them going to 0-3 after an hour, and then it'll be just huff and puff after that, without blowing more than a brick or two of their house down.

Painful to say, but lots of question marks for me about the players' character, fitness and desire, as well as the management team's performance. Barnsley have deserved it, while we've hardly got out of the starting blocks.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Barnsley Match Thread on 13:32 - Aug 21 with 1820 viewsQPRSteve

Dunne coming on for De Wijs
Barnsley Match Thread on 13:33 - Aug 21 with 1811 viewsCamberleyR

Dunne on for De Wijs

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Barnsley Match Thread on 13:35 - Aug 21 with 1747 viewsrsonist

Jordy injured (presumably) is the cherry on top.
Barnsley Match Thread on 13:35 - Aug 21 with 1744 viewsMyke

Barnsley Match Thread on 13:27 - Aug 21 by rsonist

If he did neither but remained in the right positions to receive and could keep the possession ticking quickly he'd have still been useful. As it was Barnsley feasted on him, and where they didn't he gave it away.

Defence clearly look more awkward in a four now but at least Ball's stemmed the haemorrhage and given us a shaky platform.

I don't think we have a back four. Kakay gone right side of three and Barbet/Adomah the two wing backs. Very ironic that with the abundance of left-sided players that we have, we still began the lwb position with a right-footed player.
The biggest disappointment for me so far is Austin, he looks way off the pace. Willock delivered a delicious ball in that actually BOUNCED inside the six year box and Charlie was nowhere to be seen. Last season that would have been a tap in. Even v Leicester and Man United he looked sharp. I wonder is he still carrying a knee injury?
Barnsley Match Thread on 13:35 - Aug 21 with 1742 viewskropotkin41

Ooof, that first half made for some grim viewing. They were all over us like a bad suit. What is it about Barnsley and the way they play? Warburton's system just can't cope with it?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Barnsley Match Thread on 13:37 - Aug 21 with 1688 viewsMyke

Barnsley Match Thread on 13:33 - Aug 21 by CamberleyR

Dunne on for De Wijs

That's our final substitution then?
Barnsley Match Thread on 13:38 - Aug 21 with 1678 viewsrsonist

Barnsley Match Thread on 13:35 - Aug 21 by Myke

I don't think we have a back four. Kakay gone right side of three and Barbet/Adomah the two wing backs. Very ironic that with the abundance of left-sided players that we have, we still began the lwb position with a right-footed player.
The biggest disappointment for me so far is Austin, he looks way off the pace. Willock delivered a delicious ball in that actually BOUNCED inside the six year box and Charlie was nowhere to be seen. Last season that would have been a tap in. Even v Leicester and Man United he looked sharp. I wonder is he still carrying a knee injury?

Mm yeah possibly. Barbet went no further than the centre circle and Adomah was right wing forward and Kakay was... somewhere... who can quite tell.
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:39 - Aug 21 with 1652 viewsRangersDave

[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 13:41]

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Barnsley Match Thread on 13:40 - Aug 21 with 1614 viewsjohncharles

I hate Woodrow. Hasn’t stopped whinging and now he’s faking inju, trying to get Dunne a yellow

Strong and stable my arse.

Barnsley Match Thread on 13:43 - Aug 21 with 1524 viewsozexile

Midfield totally non existent today. Not helping defence, not attacking.
Barnsley Match Thread on 13:44 - Aug 21 with 1512 viewstraininvain

Barnsley Match Thread on 13:37 - Aug 21 by Myke

That's our final substitution then?

Depends if De Wijs went off with a concussion I guess.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 13:44]
Barnsley Match Thread on 13:47 - Aug 21 with 1396 viewsstainrods_elbow

Styles showing what a cynical c*nt he is. Let's hope of ours can clean him out before the final whistle.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Barnsley Match Thread on 13:47 - Aug 21 with 1399 viewsQPRSteve

Dunne misses our best chance
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024