Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley Match Thread 10:55 - Aug 20 with 28410 viewsPinnerPaul

Lets try for 3 in a row (I stared the last two match threads!)

2-1 us, Chair to get off the mark, don't care who scores the 2nd as long as somebody does!
Barnsley Match Thread on 17:09 - Aug 21 with 2665 viewsAntti_Heinola

Barnsley Match Thread on 14:31 - Aug 21 by saxbend

That was such a strange game. For 60 minutes we looked too knackered from Wednesday to play properly. The subs helped a bit, but really there was some sort of adrenaline rush for the last half hour that got them going. Especially Willock. He looked dead for the first hour, then his usual self for the rest of the game. How we'll get through the cup game on Tuesday as well though I have no idea.

The hack on johansen sent the adrenaline rushing through them. Often something like that kicks a team on.

With Charlie, i think of Chief saying Zamora played through pain for the team. Austin got injured 20 mins into the game v millwall, and is clearly affecting him, do the hot takes on his game are a bit tiresome. He was off the pace today but he absolutely did not stop working or getting into positions to score. Proper professional. Hard work pays off.

Bare bones.

Barnsley Match Thread on 17:16 - Aug 21 with 2614 viewsMyke

Barnsley Match Thread on 14:51 - Aug 21 by Burnleyhoop

Preferably with a flat back four as in the second half. Rather than shoe in players into wing back positions, use Adohma as a right winger, not a wing back. Might be knocking on a bit, but has real quality.

We didn't have a flat back four second half: Kakay/Dickie/Dunne
Adomah Barbet
Barnsley Match Thread on 17:53 - Aug 21 with 2462 viewsjoe90

That was a good point. We dug deep second half and were duly rewarded. Albert made all the difference for us and was able to open up the game. Thankfully Chair turned up second half and Austin didn't give up and scored a vital goal which made up for an otherwise poor performance.
Barnsley Match Thread on 18:04 - Aug 21 with 2418 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Working today, didn't see the game.

But I've I've read that Dieng and Dickie had generally poor games by their usually very high standards.

Good!

Let's hope that puts off clubs allegedly sniffing around...
Barnsley Match Thread on 18:36 - Aug 21 with 2333 viewsBurnleyhoop

Barnsley Match Thread on 17:16 - Aug 21 by Myke

Adomah Barbet

Indeed….but can Adomah manage 90 minutes as a wing back?
Barnsley Match Thread on 18:37 - Aug 21 with 2326 viewsBoston

Barnsley Match Thread on 15:39 - Aug 21 by CiderwithRsie

Maybe Having No Plan B was Plan A. But now he has Plan B which is: Have a Plan B.

Brentford fans are Plan Ks.

I C what you mean.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Barnsley Match Thread on 19:40 - Aug 21 with 2185 viewssteveo04

Barnsley Match Thread on 17:16 - Aug 21 by Myke

Adomah Barbet

We did go to a flat back adomah was an out and winger with kakay behind him
Barnsley Match Thread on 19:47 - Aug 21 with 2149 viewswrinklyhoop

Couple of things. Johansen and Dozzell in CM doesn’t work! Dom Ball needs to start if we haven’t got a better (or another, Dickie maybe?) DM/ enforcer. Thomas can’t cut it at RM, not sure what might be his best position, but can’t start him ahead of Uncle!
Apart from that, great turn round by the lads, don’t seem to know when they’re beaten at the minute. Oh yeah, Gavin Ward can do one!
Login to get fewer ads

Barnsley Match Thread on 20:43 - Aug 21 with 2050 viewsstrikerace

Yes, I believe Warbs even said we went back 4 in his post game
Barnsley Match Thread on 22:25 - Aug 21 with 1882 viewsstainrods_elbow

Barnsley Match Thread on 16:30 - Aug 21 by BazzeR

Of all the players that needed a rest after the Boro game it should have been Dom Ball and Stef Johansen due to the positions both play in and the energy required to play those positions.

With that in mind it was no surprise to see Ball on the bench today and Dozzell selected,but am surprised by criticism of the more inexperienced players performances.

It does surprise me to see no one criticise Stef for his part in the team conceding in all 3 league games so far.
Against Millwall he initially lost the runner from throw in which led to their goal.
Against Boro he barely got off the ground for a half hearted header leading to the pen awarded for shirt pulling by Dykes.
Against Barnsley today look at his reaction to the ball cleared out to the edge of the pen box which led to their second goal today.
On a couple of occasions MW was barking at Stef and shaking his head.
Yet nobody here criticises Stef and choose to call out young inexperienced players such as Kakay,Thomas and Dozzell.

Fair criticisms of Jojo, I think. I like him, of course, and he does make us tick when he's on his game, but for me there's also something a bit lazy about him at times that has a whiff of him doing us some kind of favour by playing for us. (Perhaps it's just me.)

I definitely would have started Ball over Dozzell today, as he's a fit man and I don't think he'd have been too dangerously fatigued from Wednesday, which would have solved one problem before it became a problem. Hindsight is 20-20, of course.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Barnsley Match Thread on 23:41 - Aug 21 with 1789 viewsHAYESBOY

Think Warbs will learn from that.

He tried to fit round pegs in square holes in trying to keep the formation.
No way Thomas is a wing back.

Barbet good at left back so if need be again he has to play him there instead of trying to keep 3 at the back.

Surprised that Masterson has gone out on loan, but Dunne looked good when he came on.
Would rest as many as you can on Tuesday.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Barnsley Match Thread on 23:49 - Aug 21 with 1776 viewsAntti_Heinola

Barnsley Match Thread on 19:47 - Aug 21 by wrinklyhoop

Couple of things. Johansen and Dozzell in CM doesn’t work! Dom Ball needs to start if we haven’t got a better (or another, Dickie maybe?) DM/ enforcer. Thomas can’t cut it at RM, not sure what might be his best position, but can’t start him ahead of Uncle!
Apart from that, great turn round by the lads, don’t seem to know when they’re beaten at the minute. Oh yeah, Gavin Ward can do one!

we don't know Stef and Dozzell 'doesn't work'. That was 35 minutes. You can't just write off stuff like that.

Bare bones.

Barnsley Match Thread on 01:38 - Aug 22 with 1710 viewsBoston

Have to mention...considering our start to the season, I was disappointed with todays attendance.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Barnsley Match Thread on 02:51 - Aug 22 with 1668 viewsMatch82

Barnsley Match Thread on 15:58 - Aug 21 by PinnerPaul

Just back.

Atmosphere 2nd half was awesome. MW just mentioned it on the offy.

Charlie scores with the flick header on 60' and we could easily have won that.

This team were clapped to the rafters at the end.

As much as MW may have helped Barnsley with the team selection - Mr Hindsight is NEVER wrong! - think Barnsley helped us by not pressing as high 2nd half - although a large part of that was down to our better passing - speed, execution and options.

Referee - Lets get this over with! The two yellows for the fouls on Stef and Albert are yellows - neither obvious goalscoring opportunities - sure Gazza is going to tell me they 'deserved' to be sent off, but another word that you won't find in the laws!
Let go a bit too much holding on Willock I thought.
1st goal - live it looked like Kakay played their forward on, but haven't seen a replay.
Plus of course our favourite - 'game management' - its going to come back time and time again. In their GKs defence he took no longer than Lumley and Seny on Weds night, but again, pointing at your watch, having a word - total waste of time.

Finally this team DOES have 'something' about it and as Clive called it, beat Covenrty and that's a pretty healthy return for August.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

PS Ticketgate - barcode didn't work for me this time, computer said I had never gained entry into the stadium previously Had to get a paper ticket from ER - will email the club and try to get a QR code card I think.

1st goal, yes Kakay played him onside. Was daft, no need at all for him to be behind the line his man was way up the pitch, but he's young and he'll learn from that
Barnsley Match Thread on 20:43 - Aug 22 with 1418 viewsfrancisbowles

Barnsley Match Thread on 15:58 - Aug 21 by PinnerPaul

Just back.

Atmosphere 2nd half was awesome. MW just mentioned it on the offy.

Charlie scores with the flick header on 60' and we could easily have won that.

This team were clapped to the rafters at the end.

As much as MW may have helped Barnsley with the team selection - Mr Hindsight is NEVER wrong! - think Barnsley helped us by not pressing as high 2nd half - although a large part of that was down to our better passing - speed, execution and options.

Referee - Lets get this over with! The two yellows for the fouls on Stef and Albert are yellows - neither obvious goalscoring opportunities - sure Gazza is going to tell me they 'deserved' to be sent off, but another word that you won't find in the laws!
Let go a bit too much holding on Willock I thought.
1st goal - live it looked like Kakay played their forward on, but haven't seen a replay.
Plus of course our favourite - 'game management' - its going to come back time and time again. In their GKs defence he took no longer than Lumley and Seny on Weds night, but again, pointing at your watch, having a word - total waste of time.

Finally this team DOES have 'something' about it and as Clive called it, beat Covenrty and that's a pretty healthy return for August.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

PS Ticketgate - barcode didn't work for me this time, computer said I had never gained entry into the stadium previously Had to get a paper ticket from ER - will email the club and try to get a QR code card I think.

I think the kick, hack whatever you want to call it was violent enough to hurt the player and was worthy of a red. Imho, it was far worse than the one Harry Wilson was sent off for in the Euros.

Happy to agree on the others though.
Barnsley Match Thread on 10:40 - Aug 23 with 1283 viewsBazzeR

Barnsley Match Thread on 22:25 - Aug 21 by stainrods_elbow

Fair criticisms of Jojo, I think. I like him, of course, and he does make us tick when he's on his game, but for me there's also something a bit lazy about him at times that has a whiff of him doing us some kind of favour by playing for us. (Perhaps it's just me.)

I definitely would have started Ball over Dozzell today, as he's a fit man and I don't think he'd have been too dangerously fatigued from Wednesday, which would have solved one problem before it became a problem. Hindsight is 20-20, of course.

I don’t think he’s lazy or above playing for us,I just think he’s carrying an injury.

The photo of him in a pre season game for Fulham with his knee strapped and MW comments about him not being able to train fully points to an injury.
Barnsley Match Thread on 12:37 - Aug 23 with 1248 viewsNortholt_Rs

Barnsley Match Thread on 23:41 - Aug 21 by HAYESBOY

Think Warbs will learn from that.

He tried to fit round pegs in square holes in trying to keep the formation.
No way Thomas is a wing back.

Barbet good at left back so if need be again he has to play him there instead of trying to keep 3 at the back.

Surprised that Masterson has gone out on loan, but Dunne looked good when he came on.
Would rest as many as you can on Tuesday.

Yeah….but if Warbs does that and we get tonked by Oxford this MB will be in meltdown.
Great, great comeback by the Rs, place was buzzing at the end….and Chazza showing that even on a bad day he is irreplaceable. Half-time I was suicidal. Full time I was manic! What a game.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Barnsley Match Thread on 13:57 - Aug 24 with 995 viewsrsonist

https://olioconnell.substack.com/p/how-luton-completely-stifled-barnsley

Stumbled across this in-depth tactical look at how Luton beat Barnsley if anyone's still interested in our Kryptonite issue.
Barnsley Match Thread on 14:04 - Aug 24 with 973 viewsPinnerPaul

Barnsley Match Thread on 20:43 - Aug 22 by francisbowles

I think the kick, hack whatever you want to call it was violent enough to hurt the player and was worthy of a red. Imho, it was far worse than the one Harry Wilson was sent off for in the Euros.

Happy to agree on the others though.

Watched the 90' yesterday, 1st replays I've seen and I do have to say Clive's arguments for reds for the fouls on and by SJ and Chair respectively, carry more weight than I thought watching live from T block.

One of their players (hopeless at getting oppo names right!) committed 3 fouls in 10 minutes, - 2 pretty cynical ones as well - that's a yellow for me.

Always try to be honest, but after the re watch my opinion/mark of the referee's performance went down, not up!
Barnsley Match Thread on 14:08 - Aug 24 with 956 viewssprocket

Barnsley Match Thread on 13:57 - Aug 24 by rsonist

Stumbled across this in-depth tactical look at how Luton beat Barnsley if anyone's still interested in our Kryptonite issue.

Bloody hell. Needs to get out more
Barnsley Match Thread on 15:07 - Aug 24 with 932 viewsnix

Barnsley Match Thread on 13:57 - Aug 24 by rsonist

Interesting. Some of it looked a bit like what Barnsley did to us. Stopping us playing out from the back, very close attention to Willock and preventing us playing through the channels.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024