Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley Match Thread 10:55 - Aug 20 with 28501 viewsPinnerPaul

Lets try for 3 in a row (I stared the last two match threads!)

2-1 us, Chair to get off the mark, don't care who scores the 2nd as long as somebody does!
Barnsley Match Thread on 15:00 - Aug 21 with 2224 viewsBoston

Barnsley Match Thread on 14:46 - Aug 21 by wood_hoop

Although Warbs got it wrong in the starting line up, did not pull punches with the subs, a good sign, even those pulled off will now know he's taking no prisoners.

Agood point taken from a very good side, not going to be too many that go a couple of goals down and come away with anything.Bet the Barnsley manager will be giving out the 'hair dryer treatment' to a few of their players, the game was theres for the taking, if we have a similar postion in any of our future games would look at it as points dropped.

Fair play to our players, shows real charecter to come back after such a tame first 30 mins, Oxford game I think a few more of the fringe players will be playing, another chance for a few to reedeem themselves,

Indeed, observations made by Brentford(?) fans that he has no plan b seem ridiculous.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Barnsley Match Thread on 15:01 - Aug 21 with 2212 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Barnsley Match Thread on 14:35 - Aug 21 by ted_hendrix

We've still got balls.

Cheers Charlie you done a whole game and done what you do best.

Cheers.

To be fair, he was poor all match but kept going and got his reward in the end.
Barnsley Match Thread on 15:11 - Aug 21 with 2088 viewsloftboy

You can all thank me! 2-0 when I had to leave home for work, got in the yard , checked phone and 2-2

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Barnsley Match Thread on 15:12 - Aug 21 with 2069 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Barnsley Match Thread on 14:26 - Aug 21 by strikerace

We crushed them in the second half. Subs made a big difference, Thomas was terrible

A bit harsh on Thomas as he was unnecessarily shoe-horned into right-back. The subs made a difference because they introduced the line-up and formation MW should have started with. Thankfully, Warbs changed it first-half to give the team at least a fighting chance of getting something from the game.
Barnsley Match Thread on 15:13 - Aug 21 with 2047 viewsNorthLondonR

Barnsley Match Thread on 14:46 - Aug 21 by wood_hoop

Although Warbs got it wrong in the starting line up, did not pull punches with the subs, a good sign, even those pulled off will now know he's taking no prisoners.

Agood point taken from a very good side, not going to be too many that go a couple of goals down and come away with anything.Bet the Barnsley manager will be giving out the 'hair dryer treatment' to a few of their players, the game was theres for the taking, if we have a similar postion in any of our future games would look at it as points dropped.

Fair play to our players, shows real charecter to come back after such a tame first 30 mins, Oxford game I think a few more of the fringe players will be playing, another chance for a few to reedeem themselves,

Ask the Florists and the Huns, no plan b apparently...
Barnsley Match Thread on 15:17 - Aug 21 with 2004 viewsdistortR

Barnsley Match Thread on 15:12 - Aug 21 by Benny_the_Ball

A bit harsh on Thomas as he was unnecessarily shoe-horned into right-back. The subs made a difference because they introduced the line-up and formation MW should have started with. Thankfully, Warbs changed it first-half to give the team at least a fighting chance of getting something from the game.

yeah, forced to make changes by injuries and no time on the training pitch to fine tune it didn't help.
Dozzel and Thomas weren't great, but they weren't the only ones. Today, I'm quite happy to blame the system and the circumstances more then the players.
So many positives to take at the end, something I didn't see at half-time!
Austin getting his goal, Chair, Adomah, the spirit shown and I thought Dunne looked very good when he came on.
Barnsley Match Thread on 15:20 - Aug 21 with 1973 viewsPBLOCK

I think everyone looking at the starting line up was bit “are you sure”

Warburton got it wrong too many square pegs in round holes but in his defence he did t wait until half time he changed it when he could see it wasn’t working

2nd half we looked different team, yes rode our luck at times but Chairs goal was excellent and Charlie who hadn’t had a great game did what we all know he can

Reminded me of the 2-2 v Derby under Warnock. Didn’t play great, didn’t get beat.

Beat Coventry next Saturday and go into the international break and see where we are
Barnsley Match Thread on 15:20 - Aug 21 with 1971 viewsDorse

This team doesn't know when it's beaten.

I love it.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Barnsley Match Thread on 15:36 - Aug 21 with 1848 viewsCiderwithRsie

Barnsley Match Thread on 14:33 - Aug 21 by wortonranger

Thomas and Dozzell will start on Tuesday. Let’s see how they do. Until Amos and Field are fit they are needed. Fans must be patient.

Without Field and Amos we do need those two. I think it's just bad luck we needed both of them to start in a tough league game, I feel they'll do better either as subs or in the easier (ha ha) cup games.

Look at how Chair has improved and Eze before. I think Kakay and Ball are improving too. We need to see how these lads shape up after the coaching team have worked on them a bit.

Still a tad surprised we let Bettache go on loan with Filed and Amos out long-term but maybe it's a sign of confidence - they think he's got the skills but wants toughening up with a view to getting starts next year?
Barnsley Match Thread on 15:37 - Aug 21 with 1848 viewsRanger_Things

Barnsley Match Thread on 14:25 - Aug 21 by CamberleyR

Could that Austin goal be a Jamie Mackie-Derby moment? Snatching a draw that feels like a win.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 14:30]

I thought the same. So many good vibes already and we're only a few games in.
Barnsley Match Thread on 15:39 - Aug 21 with 1818 viewsCiderwithRsie

Barnsley Match Thread on 15:00 - Aug 21 by Boston

Indeed, observations made by Brentford(?) fans that he has no plan b seem ridiculous.

Maybe Having No Plan B was Plan A. But now he has Plan B which is: Have a Plan B.

Brentford fans are Plan Ks.
Barnsley Match Thread on 15:46 - Aug 21 with 1768 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Barnsley Match Thread on 15:17 - Aug 21 by distortR

yeah, forced to make changes by injuries and no time on the training pitch to fine tune it didn't help.
Dozzel and Thomas weren't great, but they weren't the only ones. Today, I'm quite happy to blame the system and the circumstances more then the players.
So many positives to take at the end, something I didn't see at half-time!
Austin getting his goal, Chair, Adomah, the spirit shown and I thought Dunne looked very good when he came on.

The only change MW was really forced to make was to replace the injured Wallace at left-back. The obvious solution was to move Barbet out there and start Dunne in the centre. Instead Warbs rather over-complicated matters by starting Kakay at left-back and Thomas at right-back. Square pegs in round holes. The 3 subs reverted QPR to the more obvious solution and, hey presto, the team got going.

Totally the system and not the players to blame for the poor first-half showing. Today the players deserve enormous credit for digging deep and fighting back for the draw.
Barnsley Match Thread on 15:51 - Aug 21 with 1735 viewsstrikerace

Agreed. Although I do give Warbs credit for changing so quickly, it saved us a point. It is almost like he knew it was the wrong setup, or at least suspected it was, going in (hence the almost immediate change)
Barnsley Match Thread on 15:58 - Aug 21 with 1709 viewsPinnerPaul

Just back.

Atmosphere 2nd half was awesome. MW just mentioned it on the offy.

Charlie scores with the flick header on 60' and we could easily have won that.

This team were clapped to the rafters at the end.

As much as MW may have helped Barnsley with the team selection - Mr Hindsight is NEVER wrong! - think Barnsley helped us by not pressing as high 2nd half - although a large part of that was down to our better passing - speed, execution and options.

Referee - Lets get this over with! The two yellows for the fouls on Stef and Albert are yellows - neither obvious goalscoring opportunities - sure Gazza is going to tell me they 'deserved' to be sent off, but another word that you won't find in the laws!
Let go a bit too much holding on Willock I thought.
1st goal - live it looked like Kakay played their forward on, but haven't seen a replay.
Plus of course our favourite - 'game management' - its going to come back time and time again. In their GKs defence he took no longer than Lumley and Seny on Weds night, but again, pointing at your watch, having a word - total waste of time.

Finally this team DOES have 'something' about it and as Clive called it, beat Covenrty and that's a pretty healthy return for August.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

PS Ticketgate - barcode didn't work for me this time, computer said I had never gained entry into the stadium previously Had to get a paper ticket from ER - will email the club and try to get a QR code card I think.
Barnsley Match Thread on 16:08 - Aug 21 with 1644 viewskensalriser

Wasn't Adomah through on goal if he hadn't been hauled down, albeit at a tight angle?

Crowd was baying for blood after the supposed offside and two reds, which may have geed up the team. It certainly felt like Chair lashed his goal home with some anger.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Barnsley Match Thread on 16:09 - Aug 21 with 1641 viewsBurnleyhoop

Barnsley Match Thread on 15:36 - Aug 21 by CiderwithRsie

Without Field and Amos we do need those two. I think it's just bad luck we needed both of them to start in a tough league game, I feel they'll do better either as subs or in the easier (ha ha) cup games.

Look at how Chair has improved and Eze before. I think Kakay and Ball are improving too. We need to see how these lads shape up after the coaching team have worked on them a bit.

Still a tad surprised we let Bettache go on loan with Filed and Amos out long-term but maybe it's a sign of confidence - they think he's got the skills but wants toughening up with a view to getting starts next year?

If anyone needs toughening up, it’s Dozzell!
Barnsley Match Thread on 16:10 - Aug 21 with 1618 viewsNed_Kennedys

Great to be back at LR today.

Dreadful team changes by Warburton today gave Barnsley a massive advantage at the start: Kakay on the left and Thomas on the right was a disaster and it was mad to pick Dozzell over Ball for this one as everyone knew what type of game it would be.
Annoys me when he only puts six on the bench instead of seven: why not give an U23 the experience instead of leaving it empty?

Lucky not to be four down at HT but the changes were working and we were so much better in the 2nd half. Uncs was great, Willock and Chair started combining and running at Barnsley, Chaz was not playing well but was getting chances, Ball put the pressure that was needed to give Stefan more space and start controlling the centre.

Overall a decent result against a good side and an entertaining game.
Barnsley Match Thread on 16:11 - Aug 21 with 1626 viewsPinnerPaul

Barnsley Match Thread on 14:33 - Aug 21 by wortonranger

Thomas and Dozzell will start on Tuesday. Let’s see how they do. Until Amos and Field are fit they are needed. Fans must be patient.

Good point. Hopefully Field will be back before we get to halfway and we could even see Amos next month.
Barnsley Match Thread on 16:11 - Aug 21 with 1624 viewsRanger_Things

Barnsley Match Thread on 16:08 - Aug 21 by kensalriser

Wasn't Adomah through on goal if he hadn't been hauled down, albeit at a tight angle?

Crowd was baying for blood after the supposed offside and two reds, which may have geed up the team. It certainly felt like Chair lashed his goal home with some anger.

Loved Chair's finish. Just watched it again on the highlights, the keepers face was priceless.
Barnsley Match Thread on 16:14 - Aug 21 with 1605 viewsPinnerPaul

Barnsley Match Thread on 14:43 - Aug 21 by CiderwithRsie

PS PinnerPaul drops points for the first time, but not too bad prediction on the score

and I got the 1st QPR goalscorer correct!
Barnsley Match Thread on 16:19 - Aug 21 with 1572 viewsPinnerPaul

Barnsley Match Thread on 16:08 - Aug 21 by kensalriser

He was about a yard from the touchline outside the area - plus Barnsley had bodies in the area - no where near an 'obvious' gs opportunity for me.
Barnsley Match Thread on 16:23 - Aug 21 with 1540 viewsthemodfather

i posted earlier, score draw and glad for it after being 2-0 down in the first half to Brazil 1970s team or so we made em look! still changes made and we kept at it, 2-2 and chances to have won it, great to see and hear the rangers fans stayed solid even at 2-0 down, in it together and there must be blips in a 46 game season BELIEF IS ALL.. you r's .
Barnsley Match Thread on 16:23 - Aug 21 with 1540 viewsdanehoop

Barnsley Match Thread on 16:10 - Aug 21 by Ned_Kennedys

Great to be back at LR today.

Dreadful team changes by Warburton today gave Barnsley a massive advantage at the start: Kakay on the left and Thomas on the right was a disaster and it was mad to pick Dozzell over Ball for this one as everyone knew what type of game it would be.
Annoys me when he only puts six on the bench instead of seven: why not give an U23 the experience instead of leaving it empty?

Lucky not to be four down at HT but the changes were working and we were so much better in the 2nd half. Uncs was great, Willock and Chair started combining and running at Barnsley, Chaz was not playing well but was getting chances, Ball put the pressure that was needed to give Stefan more space and start controlling the centre.

Overall a decent result against a good side and an entertaining game.

I kind of agree with Ned, but equally you know that Warburton is trying to keep payers fresh and give them a chance to recover. Ball was being given quite a lot of negative comments in his first couple of games, but seems to have run every blade of grass when he is on the pitch. Quite likely manager thought he needed a bit of a rest. Dozzell is a different kind of player to Ball and played well in his first few games, certainly looked very much at home against Leicester and Man Utd and I think will turn into a good player for us. I felt sorry for him and Thomas as both were played in different positions/roles.

I think you can see what Warburton was trying to do with players missing/tired, but it simply didnt transfer from the training pitch to the game and fair pay to him for making the changes so early and clearly getting them focused at half time. I thought the build up to Chair's goal and the finish in particular were some of the best bits of football so far this season. Bit of swagger, skill, anger and conviction in what we are doing. When we are good we are so very good......

Never knowingly understood

Barnsley Match Thread on 16:30 - Aug 21 with 1501 viewsBazzeR

Of all the players that needed a rest after the Boro game it should have been Dom Ball and Stef Johansen due to the positions both play in and the energy required to play those positions.

With that in mind it was no surprise to see Ball on the bench today and Dozzell selected,but am surprised by criticism of the more inexperienced players performances.

It does surprise me to see no one criticise Stef for his part in the team conceding in all 3 league games so far.
Against Millwall he initially lost the runner from throw in which led to their goal.
Against Boro he barely got off the ground for a half hearted header leading to the pen awarded for shirt pulling by Dykes.
Against Barnsley today look at his reaction to the ball cleared out to the edge of the pen box which led to their second goal today.
On a couple of occasions MW was barking at Stef and shaking his head.
Yet nobody here criticises Stef and choose to call out young inexperienced players such as Kakay,Thomas and Dozzell.
Barnsley Match Thread on 16:37 - Aug 21 with 1448 viewsCiderwithRsie

Barnsley Match Thread on 16:23 - Aug 21 by danehoop

I kind of agree with Ned, but equally you know that Warburton is trying to keep payers fresh and give them a chance to recover. Ball was being given quite a lot of negative comments in his first couple of games, but seems to have run every blade of grass when he is on the pitch. Quite likely manager thought he needed a bit of a rest. Dozzell is a different kind of player to Ball and played well in his first few games, certainly looked very much at home against Leicester and Man Utd and I think will turn into a good player for us. I felt sorry for him and Thomas as both were played in different positions/roles.

I think you can see what Warburton was trying to do with players missing/tired, but it simply didnt transfer from the training pitch to the game and fair pay to him for making the changes so early and clearly getting them focused at half time. I thought the build up to Chair's goal and the finish in particular were some of the best bits of football so far this season. Bit of swagger, skill, anger and conviction in what we are doing. When we are good we are so very good......

Spot on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024