Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley Match Thread 10:55 - Aug 20 with 28495 viewsPinnerPaul

Lets try for 3 in a row (I stared the last two match threads!)

2-1 us, Chair to get off the mark, don't care who scores the 2nd as long as somebody does!
Barnsley Match Thread on 14:33 - Aug 21 with 2391 viewsdistortR

Warbs got it wrong at the start, changed it.
But the foul on Johansen was huge imho, suddenly some fire in their bellies.
not at their best by a long way, but kept going, typified by a below par Austin.
Well done Rangers! When we're not so skilful, we're gritty.
Barnsley Match Thread on 14:33 - Aug 21 with 2388 viewsQPRSteve

Barnsley Match Thread on 14:30 - Aug 21 by Burnleyhoop

That needs to be the end of Thomas getting the nod over Adhoma. Criminal.

Would like to see Albert get a lot more game time that he has gotten so far. Such a danger for us today,
Barnsley Match Thread on 14:33 - Aug 21 with 2382 viewstraininvain

Barnsley Match Thread on 14:29 - Aug 21 by stainrods_elbow

Charlie looking pissed off after the whistle - Warbs looking like the cat that got the cream.

Wonder where today leaves Thomas and Dozzell?

Credit for an excellent 2nd half, with Adomah instrumental. Kakay did well too, and saved us right at the end. Epitomised by a clearly knackered/unfit Charlie getting the equaliser on his terrible day at the office.

Definitely one point won, rather than two dropped, but we can't allow a half like that to happen again on our own patch (the first one, I mean). My ticker won't take it!

You Rsss!

It leaves Dozzell having made one start in the championship. Let’s maybe give him a few more games before we write him off.
Barnsley Match Thread on 14:33 - Aug 21 with 2375 viewsSuperhoop83

Barnsley Match Thread on 14:31 - Aug 21 by saxbend

That was such a strange game. For 60 minutes we looked too knackered from Wednesday to play properly. The subs helped a bit, but really there was some sort of adrenaline rush for the last half hour that got them going. Especially Willock. He looked dead for the first hour, then his usual self for the rest of the game. How we'll get through the cup game on Tuesday as well though I have no idea.

I think it was the most cynical professional foul in the history of the universe that got the crowd going and the team in turn.

A huge point all things considered.

Suffering since 1978.

Barnsley Match Thread on 14:33 - Aug 21 with 2371 viewswortonranger

Barnsley Match Thread on 14:29 - Aug 21 by stainrods_elbow

Charlie looking pissed off after the whistle - Warbs looking like the cat that got the cream.

Wonder where today leaves Thomas and Dozzell?

Credit for an excellent 2nd half, with Adomah instrumental. Kakay did well too, and saved us right at the end. Epitomised by a clearly knackered/unfit Charlie getting the equaliser on his terrible day at the office.

Definitely one point won, rather than two dropped, but we can't allow a half like that to happen again on our own patch (the first one, I mean). My ticker won't take it!

You Rsss!

Thomas and Dozzell will start on Tuesday. Let’s see how they do. Until Amos and Field are fit they are needed. Fans must be patient.
Barnsley Match Thread on 14:33 - Aug 21 with 2367 viewsozexile

My goodness we'll take that result all day. We were dead and buried at HT.
Barnsley Match Thread on 14:34 - Aug 21 with 2348 viewsHooparoo

Never say die attitude, I f@cking love it!!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Barnsley Match Thread on 14:34 - Aug 21 with 2345 viewstraininvain

Barnsley Match Thread on 14:31 - Aug 21 by Boston

It’s going to be an emotional roller coaster season.

Can’t get over how confident I was throughout the game that we would pull it back.

Same here. Not felt like that since the champions season under King Warnock.
Login to get fewer ads

Barnsley Match Thread on 14:35 - Aug 21 with 2337 viewsBoston

Barnsley Match Thread on 14:31 - Aug 21 by saxbend

That was such a strange game. For 60 minutes we looked too knackered from Wednesday to play properly. The subs helped a bit, but really there was some sort of adrenaline rush for the last half hour that got them going. Especially Willock. He looked dead for the first hour, then his usual self for the rest of the game. How we'll get through the cup game on Tuesday as well though I have no idea.

A dirty norvern b@rstard, with his dirty norvern boot, pulled the players and fans back into it. Thank you for your dirt.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Barnsley Match Thread on 14:35 - Aug 21 with 2296 viewsted_hendrix

We've still got balls.

Cheers Charlie you done a whole game and done what you do best.

Cheers.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Barnsley Match Thread on 14:35 - Aug 21 with 2301 viewssoops

Fantastic work by Barbet, looking like a flying Lee Wallace for Chas’s goal, but for the love of God GET HIM OFF THE FREE KICKS!!
Barnsley Match Thread on 14:36 - Aug 21 with 2279 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT
This felt like a win rather than a draw.
Twice within four days we've bounced back from being a goal down.
That's quite remarkable.
Last 8 days we've gleaned 7 points from 3 games including two away wins.
Let's face it we would have settled for that before any of these matches.
Warburton two excellent substitutions in the first half.
Dunne and Adomah were excellent.
Willock outstanding again - Chair smart goal although there was more than a hint of offside.
And Charlie finally got the equaliser. He certainly had chances for a hat-trick but at least he was in the right position to score.
Outclassed in the first half by the usual Barnsley high-press.
They couldn't maintain that in the second.
So we looked more and more likely to score with some slick movement through Willock and Chair although we were lucky not to be caught on the break several times.
Our only problem is we have little strength in depth.
But we're top of the league for a few hours.
Something to be celebrated.
In midweek we play everyone who hasn't played - against Oxford Utd in the League Cup.
Hope all our injured recover for Coventry at home next Saturday.
Kakay has done enough to keep Odubajo out. Wallace and Lyndon to return.
This QPR team does not give up.
Another big plus for us.
But hope still burns bright.
And let's face it QPR are great to watch.
Barnsley Match Thread on 14:36 - Aug 21 with 2267 viewsCiderwithRsie

What was that stat about points won from losing positions again?
Barnsley Match Thread on 14:37 - Aug 21 with 2240 viewsGalileo

Love this team.
Barnsley Match Thread on 14:41 - Aug 21 with 2162 viewsCiderwithRsie

Very happy with a point given (a) players knackered and forced changes (b) come-backs are great (c) it's sodding Barnsley.

Less impressed with Dozzell and Thomas when trusted with starts tbh. Both have something to offer IMO but both seem a bit lightweight and I think having both of them start is one too many (doubtless forced by injuries and I imagine Ball, we'd have been very handy vs this lot, hs run himself into eh ground)
Barnsley Match Thread on 14:42 - Aug 21 with 2128 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Went from “let’s get a consolation” to “let’s take all three points” in a matter of minutes. Credit to the squad for its resilience.

The one thing we haven’t shaken off under Warburton is the slow starts. Have fallen behind three of the four league matches so far, all within the first 15 minutes. Life would be much easier if we didn’t concede so early so frequently. Then again… maybe it’s a case of “we got them where we want them.”
Barnsley Match Thread on 14:43 - Aug 21 with 2098 viewsCiderwithRsie

PS PinnerPaul drops points for the first time, but not too bad prediction on the score
Barnsley Match Thread on 14:45 - Aug 21 with 2023 viewsBoston

Four games in, averaging 2.25 goals a game…that is dynamite.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Barnsley Match Thread on 14:46 - Aug 21 with 2021 viewsSK_hoops

Barnsley Match Thread on 14:41 - Aug 21 by CiderwithRsie

Very happy with a point given (a) players knackered and forced changes (b) come-backs are great (c) it's sodding Barnsley.

Less impressed with Dozzell and Thomas when trusted with starts tbh. Both have something to offer IMO but both seem a bit lightweight and I think having both of them start is one too many (doubtless forced by injuries and I imagine Ball, we'd have been very handy vs this lot, hs run himself into eh ground)

Yeah Ball at least should have started as the Midfield were winning everything first 30 mins, needed someone to get stuck in.

What a game though. Would have happily taken a point beforehand.
Barnsley Match Thread on 14:46 - Aug 21 with 1997 viewswood_hoop

Although Warbs got it wrong in the starting line up, did not pull punches with the subs, a good sign, even those pulled off will now know he's taking no prisoners.

Agood point taken from a very good side, not going to be too many that go a couple of goals down and come away with anything.Bet the Barnsley manager will be giving out the 'hair dryer treatment' to a few of their players, the game was theres for the taking, if we have a similar postion in any of our future games would look at it as points dropped.

Fair play to our players, shows real charecter to come back after such a tame first 30 mins, Oxford game I think a few more of the fringe players will be playing, another chance for a few to reedeem themselves,
Barnsley Match Thread on 14:51 - Aug 21 with 1916 viewsBurnleyhoop

Barnsley Match Thread on 14:33 - Aug 21 by QPRSteve

Would like to see Albert get a lot more game time that he has gotten so far. Such a danger for us today,

Preferably with a flat back four as in the second half. Rather than shoe in players into wing back positions, use Adohma as a right winger, not a wing back. Might be knocking on a bit, but has real quality.
Barnsley Match Thread on 14:59 - Aug 21 with 1782 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Barnsley Match Thread on 14:33 - Aug 21 by distortR

Warbs got it wrong at the start, changed it.
But the foul on Johansen was huge imho, suddenly some fire in their bellies.
not at their best by a long way, but kept going, typified by a below par Austin.
Well done Rangers! When we're not so skilful, we're gritty.

This. MW got it horribly wrong with his starting line-up. Given Wallace's injury the simple solution was to switch Barbet to left-back and draft Dunne into central defence. Instead he tried to be cute by switching Kakay to left-back and drafting Thomas in at right-back. To compound matters he left Ball out and replaced him with Dozzell. As a result, QPR lost their rhythm on the flanks and potency in the middle. Making 2 subs inside 35 minutes and switching the formation was frankly an admission from MW that he got it wrong. Now, whilst the fixture list didn't help I hope post-match MW is honest about the part he played in a poor first-half showing.

A 3rd sub at half-time (Dunne) resulted in more-or-less the line-up he should have started with and, hey presto, QPR were more competitive. Credit to the lads for showing real character and belief, and pulling a draw from the jaws of defeat. It could prove to be a pivotal point come the shake-up.
Barnsley Match Thread on 14:59 - Aug 21 with 1768 viewsWren67

Another tough game , another fantastic comeback. We never give up.
A point won.
Barnsley passed the ball well in the first half and could have been 3 up b4 at half time.
Our 2nd half performance almost got us a win
Surprised by Warbs first half subs but it stopped the leaks.
Don't know if i could take all this excitement just watching on the tele. And I havent been to a game yet.
Well played the team and Warbs

Onwards Urrrrrrrrssssssssssss
Barnsley Match Thread on 14:59 - Aug 21 with 1767 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Barnsley Match Thread on 14:35 - Aug 21 by soops

Fantastic work by Barbet, looking like a flying Lee Wallace for Chas’s goal, but for the love of God GET HIM OFF THE FREE KICKS!!

And long throws.
Barnsley Match Thread on 15:00 - Aug 21 with 1758 viewsBurnleyhoop

Barnsley Match Thread on 14:42 - Aug 21 by EmpireStateRanger

Went from “let’s get a consolation” to “let’s take all three points” in a matter of minutes. Credit to the squad for its resilience.

The one thing we haven’t shaken off under Warburton is the slow starts. Have fallen behind three of the four league matches so far, all within the first 15 minutes. Life would be much easier if we didn’t concede so early so frequently. Then again… maybe it’s a case of “we got them where we want them.”

I think the reason we fall behind is that all teams realise that they need to impose the high press to nullify our desire to play out from the back. This, however, cannot be maintained throughout 90 mins, hence our now regular comebacks. We have the highest points haul of any team from losing positions.
We now need to find a way of countering the early press and avoiding falling behind in the first quarter of the game. We can’t keep coming back from losing positions….the ticker won’t take it for much longer!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024