Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair’s goal 00:30 - Aug 22 with 5658 viewsLeedsR

Cracking finish from a tight angle. Thought he did really well in the build up - but - was he offside? I was happy that the lino didn’t call this one, from where I was in RBlock and I don’t recall them even mentioning the possibility on the Quest highlights. My Barnsley supporting mate says he was off. Can anyone confirm? (Not that I’m bothered too much, as it counted, but you know!)
Chair’s goal on 00:35 - Aug 22 with 4301 viewsMyke

Cracking finish is right. Reminded me a bit of BOS's v Birmingham ( not the build up but the finish). It was suggested during the SKY commentary that he may have been slightly off, but to me is was just as marginal as Barnsley's first, so evened out. A draw was a fair result as both teams dominated a half each.
Chair’s goal on 00:37 - Aug 22 with 4300 viewsDavieQPR

The referee's assistant on that side was poor all afternoon. Their first goal looked far more offside than Chair.
Chair’s goal on 00:47 - Aug 22 with 4262 viewsLeedsR

Chair’s goal on 00:35 - Aug 22 by Myke

Cracking finish is right. Reminded me a bit of BOS's v Birmingham ( not the build up but the finish). It was suggested during the SKY commentary that he may have been slightly off, but to me is was just as marginal as Barnsley's first, so evened out. A draw was a fair result as both teams dominated a half each.

That was my thought too, that they were both pretty marginal, although I did scream blue murder at the lino at the time for Barnsley’s first. On the Quest highlights, it showed Kakay just about playing him on, but didn’t raise any questions about Chair’s goal. Cheers.
Chair’s goal on 01:18 - Aug 22 with 4211 viewsBoston

Far more craft / skill in Chairs finish then BOS's. Though the build up to the latter with Wells chip, will probably stay in my mind until the day I depart this mortal coil, especially as I was sitting in the second row of B Block and probably had the best view in the house.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2021 1:22]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Chair’s goal on 01:48 - Aug 22 with 4155 viewsbob566

He was off. Very quiet today but he showed what great players do
Chair’s goal on 07:44 - Aug 22 with 3883 viewsHastings_Hoops

The sky highlights show it from a slightly strange angle (not quite square on). If you look at the stripes on the pitch I think Chair is on-side. I think that (Austin?) is marginally off, but he wasn’t made active (or whatever the terms is) in the attack.
Chair’s goal on 08:37 - Aug 22 with 3752 viewsdavman

It was marginal and he was on. The Barnsley one wasn't even close, Ozzie was 5 yards behind the rest of the defence and played him well onside.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Chair’s goal on 08:46 - Aug 22 with 3705 viewsstevec

Great goal from Chair but wouldn’t have happened without exceptional work from Willock in LB position turning defence into attack. Not easy to find two skilled players who have the application as well.
Login to get fewer ads

Chair’s goal on 10:06 - Aug 22 with 3553 viewsdaveB

Chair’s goal on 00:37 - Aug 22 by DavieQPR

The referee's assistant on that side was poor all afternoon. Their first goal looked far more offside than Chair.

Kakay played him onside for the 1st goal
Chair’s goal on 10:12 - Aug 22 with 3534 viewsSuperhoop83

Chair’s goal on 01:18 - Aug 22 by Boston

Far more craft / skill in Chairs finish then BOS's. Though the build up to the latter with Wells chip, will probably stay in my mind until the day I depart this mortal coil, especially as I was sitting in the second row of B Block and probably had the best view in the house.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2021 1:22]

I think you're thinking of BOS against Rotherham.

His goal at Birmingham was a thing of beauty and extreme violence.

Suffering since 1978.

Chair’s goal on 10:45 - Aug 22 with 3432 viewsTacticalR

Great goal. We needed something special to break down Barnsley and Chair provided it.

Air hostess clique

Chair’s goal on 12:10 - Aug 22 with 3303 viewsLazyFan

Chair did an Adel in that match.
A moment of magic.

zzzzzzzzzz

Chair’s goal on 12:59 - Aug 22 with 3184 viewsAntti_Heinola

Both Chair's and Barnsley's first were very marginal - but I have no complaints about either. Couldn't give a fk about marginal offsides. Neither player got an advantage from it, so play on.
People saying one was def off, the other wasn't, I mean, there's no way on earth you can tell from the footage, nothing is in line. It's guesswork. Happy both stood. Chair's was an absolute beauty, perplexed by people saying he was quiet yesterday, thought he was our bright spark first half and very good overall.

Bare bones.

Chair’s goal on 14:48 - Aug 22 with 3090 viewsPinnerPaul

Chair’s goal on 00:47 - Aug 22 by LeedsR

That was my thought too, that they were both pretty marginal, although I did scream blue murder at the lino at the time for Barnsley’s first. On the Quest highlights, it showed Kakay just about playing him on, but didn’t raise any questions about Chair’s goal. Cheers.

Sooooooooooooooooo maybe he wasn't so poor after all

One look folks, at full speed, that's all they get!

Those of you that have tried it at even grassroots level, know how hard it can be, multiply the speed x 10 and that's the life of a professional AR.

Probably the quickest I do are Isthmian U23s, so God knows how they do it at Champ/PL level.
Chair’s goal on 14:50 - Aug 22 with 3073 viewsPinnerPaul

Chair’s goal on 07:44 - Aug 22 by Hastings_Hoops

The sky highlights show it from a slightly strange angle (not quite square on). If you look at the stripes on the pitch I think Chair is on-side. I think that (Austin?) is marginally off, but he wasn’t made active (or whatever the terms is) in the attack.

In this Case Charlie could have been 3 miles 'offside' but doesn't matter.

On offside, we were lucky they didn't score 2nd half from a goal kick.

Few round me wondering why he wasn't offside - of course you can't be direct from a GK.

Al all levels I don't know why more teams don't try this as very few seem to realise that you can't be offside from a GK.
Chair’s goal on 14:54 - Aug 22 with 3055 viewsfrancisbowles

Chair’s goal on 14:50 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

Few round me wondering why he wasn't offside - of course you can't be direct from a GK.

Al all levels I don't know why more teams don't try this as very few seem to realise that you can't be offside from a GK.

Yes, one or two of our players were asleep on that one.
Chair’s goal on 15:07 - Aug 22 with 3039 viewsMedwayR

Chair’s goal on 14:54 - Aug 22 by francisbowles

Yes, one or two of our players were asleep on that one.

I was thinking about that one this morning and couldn't remember if it was a goal kick or a free kick following an offside.

What are the rules, onside from goal kick but offside from a free-kick?

Poll: Who’s better?

Chair’s goal on 15:53 - Aug 22 with 2971 viewsW12Mikey

From my seat in Ellerslie Road (S block) it looked as though Chair might be very marginally offside when he received the ball but he still had a lot to do, so I don't think Barnsley were hard done by at all.
Conversely, for Barnsley's first I thought it was the most blatantly offside goal I had ever seen, and once he'd received it in that offside position it was an almost certain goal. However, looking at the replay in the highlights I can see why the linesman thought Kakay was playing him onside, and again it's pretty marginal. I wonder whether there was an element of having given Barnsley the benefit of the doubt in the first half they were reluctant then to flag Chair offside in an equally marginal call. Also shows that what you think you see in the heat of the moment at the game is not always what actually happened!
Chair’s goal on 16:08 - Aug 22 with 2949 viewsPinnerPaul

Chair’s goal on 15:07 - Aug 22 by MedwayR

I was thinking about that one this morning and couldn't remember if it was a goal kick or a free kick following an offside.

What are the rules, onside from goal kick but offside from a free-kick?

Yep, as a 'lino' you have to keep your eye on that!
Chair’s goal on 19:51 - Aug 22 with 2843 viewsLeedsR

Chair’s goal on 14:48 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

Sooooooooooooooooo maybe he wasn't so poor after all

One look folks, at full speed, that's all they get!

Those of you that have tried it at even grassroots level, know how hard it can be, multiply the speed x 10 and that's the life of a professional AR.

Probably the quickest I do are Isthmian U23s, so God knows how they do it at Champ/PL level.

More than happy to stand corrected PP! Alongside being a manager, being a match official has to be the worst/toughest/most thankless job in football as everyone knows better than you! I once volunteered to ref one half of a match, many, many years ago when I was a student. You have my respect PP, as I’d never do it again!!
Chair’s goal on 19:57 - Aug 22 with 2822 viewsT_Block

Just looked on highlights Barnsley first goal is very very offside.Please look and Kakay is 3m further up the pitch there is no way Kakay can play him on.The Barnsley forward is a good 3m offside,
Check on highlights
Chair’s goal on 20:01 - Aug 22 with 2814 viewsW7Ranger

Chair’s goal on 10:12 - Aug 22 by Superhoop83

Think he's actually talking about his first goal v Cardiff in the 6-1 win.

Wells chips it over, BOS latches on to it and lashes it in to the net.
Chair’s goal on 20:16 - Aug 22 with 2797 viewsdistortR

Chair’s goal on 14:50 - Aug 22 by PinnerPaul

Chair’s goal on 20:36 - Aug 22 with 2759 viewsBoston

Chair’s goal on 10:12 - Aug 22 by Superhoop83

No, I was indeed mistaken, it was v Cardiff.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Chair’s goal on 20:40 - Aug 22 with 2756 viewsQPROslo

Chair’s goal on 07:44 - Aug 22 by Hastings_Hoops

Chair looked onside to me on QPR+, Austin off, but not "active"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024