Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morton House Pull Out 11:04 - Aug 21 with 21788 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/august/eflstatement_21.08.21/
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 11:04]

Twitter : @DaleNotForSale Facebook : facebook.com/upthedalenotforsale

Morton House Pull Out on 15:21 - Aug 21 with 2870 viewsDorkingDale

Morton House Pull Out on 14:58 - Aug 21 by 442Dale

In years to come, the impact of these fantastic efforts could be seen to have contributed to a positive change across the game in lower league football. That potential legacy is something all involved should be proud of.

Not just lower league - look what happened at Aston Villa
Morton House Pull Out on 15:21 - Aug 21 with 2873 viewschucharcabeza

I have not posted on the forum for a number of years, but reading of the defeat of the flip flop gang ,i have been compelled to reactivate my account. Huge thank you & deep appreciation of everything the new board, the trust, and all the Hercules Poirot's have done. The incredible work done has been astounding. I doff my cap.

crede cuchara

Morton House Pull Out on 15:58 - Aug 21 with 2726 viewsDaleiLama

Jingles

and Puggles encounter with a 'Nancy boy' Dale guard dog

[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 15:59]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Morton House Pull Out on 16:10 - Aug 21 with 2651 viewsDaley_Lama

The result in this is simply fantastic and as others have said - thank-you to each and every individual who has been involved to fight this.

1. Liaison with EFL impeccable
2. Legal approach and non-disclosure of detail - impeccable
3. Communication with supporters - impeccable
4 Communication with press/social media - impeccable

The fightback from the trust has been clean, professional and strikingly effective. Morton rather less so

Some other thanks to go with this

a) EFL - where they failed for Bury, they stood up for Dale
b) Other clubs - i know that the trust would be able to give greater detail - but for sure i know advice and support came from Blackpool for one and no doubt other fanbases too

Poll: DF in or out

Morton House Pull Out on 16:13 - Aug 21 with 2637 viewsjudd

Morton House Pull Out on 16:10 - Aug 21 by Daley_Lama

The result in this is simply fantastic and as others have said - thank-you to each and every individual who has been involved to fight this.

1. Liaison with EFL impeccable
2. Legal approach and non-disclosure of detail - impeccable
3. Communication with supporters - impeccable
4 Communication with press/social media - impeccable

The fightback from the trust has been clean, professional and strikingly effective. Morton rather less so

Some other thanks to go with this

a) EFL - where they failed for Bury, they stood up for Dale
b) Other clubs - i know that the trust would be able to give greater detail - but for sure i know advice and support came from Blackpool for one and no doubt other fanbases too

Swindon Truist has been amazing

Poll: What is it to be then?

Morton House Pull Out on 16:18 - Aug 21 with 2602 viewsUpTheDaleNotForSale

Morton House Pull Out on 16:13 - Aug 21 by judd

Swindon Truist has been amazing

we'd second this... the trust (and their fans in general to be fair) have been fantastic with all the social stuff.

Twitter : @DaleNotForSale Facebook : facebook.com/upthedalenotforsale

Morton House Pull Out on 17:15 - Aug 21 with 2475 views100569

A truly massive thank you to everybody concerned in the battle to save our club. I really cant thank you enough.
Perhaps the board can now concentrate on the running of the club without all this crap running in the background.
Friday night, 100yrs membership of the football league our club safe and our first win of the season. Bar on the car park so......... LETS PARTY !!!!
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 17:19]
Morton House Pull Out on 17:22 - Aug 21 with 2431 viewsrafc1977

Just want to echo most of what has already been said regarding the efforts of the Board, the Trust & individual fans have made in fighting off this hostile takeover.

I'm now looking forward to seeing what the Board can do without this distraction in the background, because on first impressions they seem more than capable of bringing the joy back and making the right decisions.

First & foremost however is securing shares to ensure this can't happen again.

UTD.
Login to get fewer ads

Morton House Pull Out on 18:25 - Aug 21 with 2245 viewsSandyman

Wonder how Deirdre Barlow feels this evening?

Another absolute cock-up on the C V.
Morton House Pull Out on 18:29 - Aug 21 with 2225 viewsjudd

Morton House Pull Out on 18:25 - Aug 21 by Sandyman

That wasn't as touted

Morton House Pull Out on 18:33 - Aug 21 with 2202 views_Windydale

He worked very very hard though.
Morton House Pull Out on 18:37 - Aug 21 with 2188 viewsSalegraham

Surely the EFL should build up a list of all wrong uns to stop all this nonsense from starting up again. Hopefully not us but who knows.
Morton House Pull Out on 18:59 - Aug 21 with 2110 viewsJames1980

I was watching 'Once Upon a time in America' on Thursday night when I got in from work. I paused it and the name of the actor playing Young Cockeye leapt out at me, OK the first name is different but the surname 🧐

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Morton House Pull Out on 19:10 - Aug 21 with 2069 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

In the immortal words of Barry Davies…

“Look at his face!”
Just look at his face!!!”
Morton House Pull Out on 19:13 - Aug 21 with 2056 viewsMoonyDale

Morton House Pull Out on 18:29 - Aug 21 by judd

That wasn't as touted

Willingly Allowed Nomark Knobheads Easy Ride

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Morton House Pull Out on 19:28 - Aug 21 with 2008 viewsjudd

Dumbo introduced Curran knowing he’s excrement at Dale

Morton House Pull Out on 19:40 - Aug 21 with 1953 viewsRAFCBLUE

What a day to be a Dale fan.

Morton House - gone.
Bottomley - gone
Jarvis - gone

And to the EFL - I tip my hat. When bury went the criticism of the regulator was fair but what they said today tickled me.

More importantly, the EFL will continue to work with Rochdale AFC as we collectively seek to ensure a successful and sustainable long-term future for the Club and all those associated with it, particularly its players, staff, and supporters.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Morton House Pull Out on 19:53 - Aug 21 with 1897 viewswozzrafc

As the dust has settled on the news from this morning there is an important point:

We should not let the fact that Curran and Co pulled out become a "Get out of jail free card" for the EFL.

Pressure needs to be kept up on them to see their investigations through and publish their findings. Rules will have been broken and individuals should be be brought to account.

No football club should face what we have in the last few months. It shouldnt have to be left for the fans to do their job of scrutinising and exposing the charlatans who want to take over our community clubs.

The EFL goven this game they should be made to show they have the authority and bollocks to do so.
Morton House Pull Out on 19:54 - Aug 21 with 1884 viewsMarjorie_Plane

I'm a little emotional ladies and gentlemen. It has truly been a wonderful day and I am delighted for everyone... well not exactly everyone really. You know who I mean.

All those who supported or defended David Bottomley - shame on you.

I'm not going away just yet as there is still work to be done here.

Once again, well done everyone. Rejoice, rejoice

A truly joyous day sweeties xx
Morton House Pull Out on 20:00 - Aug 21 with 1860 viewsRAFCBLUE

Morton House Pull Out on 19:53 - Aug 21 by wozzrafc

As the dust has settled on the news from this morning there is an important point:

We should not let the fact that Curran and Co pulled out become a "Get out of jail free card" for the EFL.

Pressure needs to be kept up on them to see their investigations through and publish their findings. Rules will have been broken and individuals should be be brought to account.

No football club should face what we have in the last few months. It shouldnt have to be left for the fans to do their job of scrutinising and exposing the charlatans who want to take over our community clubs.

The EFL goven this game they should be made to show they have the authority and bollocks to do so.

I didn't read it like that.

Morton House broke the rules; they claimed they had bought (and completed) the share purchase of 42% of shares without bothering with the EFL.

The EFL have investigated. Morton House refuse to co-operate.

EFL have no choice but to refuse them and launch disciplinary proceedings.

The EFL have done a good job here IMO. Calm and considered and got to the right answer.

Hopefully it is a watershed for the game for future takeovers.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Morton House Pull Out on 20:07 - Aug 21 with 1828 viewsMarjorie_Plane

Morton House Pull Out on 19:53 - Aug 21 by wozzrafc

I think I concur with RAFCBLUE on this one wozz - EFL have done a fine job and out thinked those naive small minded Essex or is it Swindon or maybe Worksop boys.
Morton House Pull Out on 21:00 - Aug 21 with 1693 viewsD_Alien

Morton House Pull Out on 20:07 - Aug 21 by Marjorie_Plane

I think I concur with RAFCBLUE on this one wozz - EFL have done a fine job and out thinked those naive small minded Essex or is it Swindon or maybe Worksop boys.

I disagree Marj

I think the EFL have done the minimum they could have done, under pressure from all sides and with the intervention of our MP (a former shadow minister) and having taken an age to do so, finally been dragged into doing the right thing which they could've done some time ago

But for the pressure, commenced by the Dale Trust and continued through various media channels, i honestly doubt we'd be where we are today. The EFL regulations relating to the OADT has proven to be inadequate, and i doubt there's anyone who wouldn't concur with that; a test drawn up as a reflection of their inadequacies. It'll need overhauling, and it's only through the tenacity of Dale fans that they'll have to do so

Edit: "finally been dragged into doing the right thing" - on second thoughts, that's an overstatement

[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 21:24]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Morton House Pull Out on 21:11 - Aug 21 with 1644 viewsClivert

There's generations of Dale fans past, present and future that will be eternally grateful to the efforts of the The Trust and those who have gone above and beyond to expose these frauds.

Thank you so much!

UP THE DALE!
Morton House Pull Out on 21:11 - Aug 21 with 1642 viewswozzrafc

Morton House Pull Out on 20:00 - Aug 21 by RAFCBLUE

I didn't read it like that.

Morton House broke the rules; they claimed they had bought (and completed) the share purchase of 42% of shares without bothering with the EFL.

The EFL have investigated. Morton House refuse to co-operate.

EFL have no choice but to refuse them and launch disciplinary proceedings.

The EFL have done a good job here IMO. Calm and considered and got to the right answer.

Hopefully it is a watershed for the game for future takeovers.

I read it as Morton House had pulled out and refuse to comply with the EFL’s request for information and have withdrawn from the process.

I don’t think the EFL have done a bad job, but they have yet to give a ruling. They should publish their findings and take any necessary action.

The work that your good self and the trust have done have raised the necessary questions. I don’t for one minute think the EFL would have looked at this so hard without that pressure. Thank you !!

Let’s see if the follow through and raise charges.
Morton House Pull Out on 21:33 - Aug 21 with 1568 viewsdawlishdale

Morton House Pull Out on 21:11 - Aug 21 by wozzrafc

I read it as Morton House had pulled out and refuse to comply with the EFL’s request for information and have withdrawn from the process.

I don’t think the EFL have done a bad job, but they have yet to give a ruling. They should publish their findings and take any necessary action.

The work that your good self and the trust have done have raised the necessary questions. I don’t for one minute think the EFL would have looked at this so hard without that pressure. Thank you !!

Let’s see if the follow through and raise charges.

Not that it matters, but I reckon that the EFL have told Morton House to withdraw their offer, or they would be told that they haven't passed the fit & proper persons test.

Either way; Jarvis & Bottomley (especially Bottomley) will be forever looking nervously over their shoulders following todays announcement.

So; All in all; a splendid day. Dale win, The dodgy takeover fails, and cry baby gets f**k all
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024