Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry Match Thread 12:03 - Aug 27 with 28397 viewsPinnerPaul

Lets try and keep my unbeaten match thread starting run and the teams unbeaten run going.

Us 3 Them 1 - Charlie to score 1st

Feeling quite bullish about this one - both the team and the chances of me getting into the ground 1st time!

What could possibly go wrong!
Coventry Match Thread on 15:49 - Aug 28 with 2909 viewssaxbend

What a great half of football. Coventry look good. We look good. I could watch this for hours, even if it stays goalless (though I doubt it will).
Coventry Match Thread on 15:49 - Aug 28 with 2894 viewsstrikerace

Well I guess compared to our recent starts this was ok, at least we are not losing. Ball and Willock are off so far. Seems like Chair and Austin are making runs but getting zero service. Our back line is so good.
Coventry Match Thread on 15:49 - Aug 28 with 2852 viewsstainrods_elbow

Coventry Match Thread on 15:23 - Aug 28 by VancouverHoop

Macallum's looking good. Maybe our best player so far. A real threat down the left.

For me, he and Willock have hardly been in the game. Chair has buzzed, and was unlucky with his free kick, but otherwise Moses has been our main attacking threat. Charlie perfunctory, but he's not even been dining on scraps. Coventry should have been one up at least, though it's been exciting and competitive. I'd say we may need to look at another cameo from Albert attacking the Loft end, as the Chair/Willock duopoly just hasn't been firing, and Dykes gives us another option.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Coventry Match Thread on 15:52 - Aug 28 with 2805 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Coventry Match Thread on 15:48 - Aug 28 by EmpireStateRanger

Closing the half well. Jordy flick off a long throw almost finds its way to the back of the neck but saved.

Was that our only chance seems like we are stuck in nuetral
Coventry Match Thread on 15:52 - Aug 28 with 2805 viewsMatch82

Very enjoyable game so far, end to end with both teams playing their part.

Pleased with how Chair looks, some cracking bodies on the line blocks by the defence too
Coventry Match Thread on 15:53 - Aug 28 with 2768 viewsSK_hoops

Coventry Match Thread on 15:52 - Aug 28 by CLAREMAN1995

Was that our only chance seems like we are stuck in nuetral

And Chair's free kick.
Coventry Match Thread on 15:54 - Aug 28 with 2747 viewsStainrod

We need to show a bit more guile to bring Willock (who has been largely anonymous) and Chair into the game. Its fine to knock it along the back line but Stefan should be linking the play, and its not happened this half.
Coventry Match Thread on 15:54 - Aug 28 with 2727 viewsMalintabuk

Really good game and all credit to Coventry they are the better team. Yet another half where we came off 2nd best, but still level and all to play for
For me our best players are the 2 wing back they have had really good 1st halves. Dickie looks a little off but Waghorn is a really impressive CF
Nothing much up top to be honest all seem to be well marked and always half a yard off the pace, wonder if a few of the players are still not 100% fit
What Cov have done is quieten the crowd here. It started really with a great noise and as the half wore on we seemed to get quiet.
Still see what the first 10-15mins bring 2nd half and would expect subs. But if we could keep a clean sheet get to the international break on 9 points I would take that.
Login to get fewer ads

Coventry Match Thread on 15:57 - Aug 28 with 2671 viewsBoston

Entertaining stuff. Now stop the mucking about and get the ball in the net ta.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Coventry Match Thread on 15:57 - Aug 28 with 2643 viewsCamberleyR

Coventry Match Thread on 15:43 - Aug 28 by Stainrod

Stef has looked a shadow of his last season's self and has been poor so far in this game too.

He won't be up to speed yet because of lack of a pre-season. He'll come good, we all saw his class last season.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Coventry Match Thread on 15:58 - Aug 28 with 2631 viewsHantsR

Willock hasn't been allowed any space to do much, vtightly marked and not much service. Good game though.
Coventry Match Thread on 16:02 - Aug 28 with 2539 viewsStainrod

Coventry Match Thread on 15:57 - Aug 28 by CamberleyR

He won't be up to speed yet because of lack of a pre-season. He'll come good, we all saw his class last season.

Hope so, was desperate for him to sign precisely because he was so good last season. But he must have had half a dozen starts now, so hope he soon starts stepping up. He was so slow when he let that attack break down and ended up conceding a free kick. Trying to think of when he has made a successful pass to Chair or Willock. Without that we don't fire as a team.
Coventry Match Thread on 16:04 - Aug 28 with 2501 viewsVancouverHoop

Willock's was on the right most of the half, he just doesn't look as comfortable over there.
Coventry Match Thread on 16:06 - Aug 28 with 2431 viewsVancouverHoop

Dieng forced into a good save right away.
Coventry Match Thread on 16:06 - Aug 28 with 2430 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Poor start. Work it right through the middle and send Waghorn off, who forces Dieng to make a save.
Coventry Match Thread on 16:08 - Aug 28 with 2355 viewsVancouverHoop

Moses has to do better with his crosses.
Coventry Match Thread on 16:12 - Aug 28 with 2208 viewsVancouverHoop

Willock way better now he's on the left.
Coventry Match Thread on 16:15 - Aug 28 with 2092 viewsMelakaRanger

Ball having a poor match
Coventry Match Thread on 16:16 - Aug 28 with 2030 viewsstrikerace

We seem to be picking it up a little
Coventry Match Thread on 16:18 - Aug 28 with 1969 viewsVancouverHoop

It's kinda amazing there hasn't been a goal yet.
Coventry Match Thread on 16:20 - Aug 28 with 1853 viewsMelakaRanger

Coventry so fast on the counter attacks. Only their poor finishing is topping them being 2 or more up.

Their defence is also very efficient. Austin’s had nothing.

It’s like we are playing against 14 men
Coventry Match Thread on 16:21 - Aug 28 with 1778 viewsstevec

Coventry Match Thread on 16:20 - Aug 28 by MelakaRanger

Coventry so fast on the counter attacks. Only their poor finishing is topping them being 2 or more up.

Their defence is also very efficient. Austin’s had nothing.

It’s like we are playing against 14 men

We need a 14 day break I think
Coventry Match Thread on 16:26 - Aug 28 with 1544 viewsstrikerace

LoL- Horrible free kick
Coventry Match Thread on 16:26 - Aug 28 with 1523 viewsVancouverHoop

Dykes on for Chair.
Coventry Match Thread on 16:27 - Aug 28 with 1455 viewsVancouverHoop

Dykesssssssssssss!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024