Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry Match Thread 12:03 - Aug 27 with 28396 viewsPinnerPaul

Lets try and keep my unbeaten match thread starting run and the teams unbeaten run going.

Us 3 Them 1 - Charlie to score 1st

Feeling quite bullish about this one - both the team and the chances of me getting into the ground 1st time!

What could possibly go wrong!
Coventry Match Thread on 23:24 - Aug 27 with 2815 viewsdubaistu

1-0 Dunne... come on you R's. I also hope Dieng and Dickie are in the squad and haven't come down with a "back issue" i.e. offski
[Post edited 27 Aug 2021 23:26]
Coventry Match Thread on 23:55 - Aug 27 with 2759 viewsCiderwithRsie

Confident and nervous.

Confident we're good enough to beat them handily. Nervous because I really really want those three points to finish off the month.

3-1
Coventry Match Thread on 07:21 - Aug 28 with 2611 viewsHantsR

5yr old grandson coming to KPFS for his first ever football match today, together with his 6yr old brother, for only his second. Their Dad and I will of course be with them, so looking forward to a great day out. 3 - 1 would be even greater!
Coventry Match Thread on 07:58 - Aug 28 with 2591 viewsLythamR

3-1
Dykes to score and then hobble off with a slight (but enough to keep him home) twinge
Coventry Match Thread on 08:01 - Aug 28 with 2589 viewsDorse

2-0 R's. Dom Ball to perform a medley of his favourite Countdown conundrums to the amazement of all.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Coventry Match Thread on 08:16 - Aug 28 with 2569 viewsMaggsinho

Famous last words but ’m feeling confident despite Coventrys good start. We’ve got Moses and McCullum in at wing back, Austin, De Wijs, Johansen and Ball have all had a full week off and Wallace aside we should have a pretty full strength team out.

2-0 I’d say.
Coventry Match Thread on 08:34 - Aug 28 with 2520 viewsfrancisbowles

Clive's interview with Coventry fan Dominic, set a few bells going off in my head. Dom stated that they had adopted a 'high press' after their 3-0 defeat at the KPFS last season and that had been a major factor in saving themselves from the drop. So visions of Barnsley and another difficult start for the Rrrrs.

However, confidence high throughout the squad and with MW's wisdom, we will surely have learnt from previous experience and have plans for overcoming this.

Hopeful for another exciting performance and positive result. U Rrrrrs
Coventry Match Thread on 09:36 - Aug 28 with 2436 viewsGaryBannisterswedge

Coventry Match Thread on 08:34 - Aug 28 by francisbowles

Clive's interview with Coventry fan Dominic, set a few bells going off in my head. Dom stated that they had adopted a 'high press' after their 3-0 defeat at the KPFS last season and that had been a major factor in saving themselves from the drop. So visions of Barnsley and another difficult start for the Rrrrs.

However, confidence high throughout the squad and with MW's wisdom, we will surely have learnt from previous experience and have plans for overcoming this.

Think Warbs got the balance of resting players and putting a team out to win the Oxford game absolutely spot on in the week and with Jojo, Ball, Barbs and Charles or Dykes to come back should be winning this game if we’ve aspirations of a good season. Would like to see Dunne keep his place as he was excellent, 2-0 Dunne/Willock
Cmon the lads
Login to get fewer ads

Coventry Match Thread on 09:56 - Aug 28 with 2388 viewsdavman

Coventry Match Thread on 08:34 - Aug 28 by francisbowles

That, and our squad depth is this team's Achilles Heel.

Hopefully, dealing with a high press is one of the training pieces. Really noticeable this season that JoJo takes time to find the space to influence games; the sooner he gets that time the better.

Anyone else reckon Luke Amos will be on the bench for this one?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Coventry Match Thread on 10:21 - Aug 28 with 2346 viewsdmm

Coventry Match Thread on 09:56 - Aug 28 by davman

That, and our squad depth is this team's Achilles Heel.

Hopefully, dealing with a high press is one of the training pieces. Really noticeable this season that JoJo takes time to find the space to influence games; the sooner he gets that time the better.

Anyone else reckon Luke Amos will be on the bench for this one?

It might be a little early to introduce Amos to the bench. He probably needs another U23/B team game or two. Also, after good performances v Oxford, it would be a bit of knockback for Dozzell or Thomas to be left out of the match day squad today in favour of Amos.
Coventry Match Thread on 12:28 - Aug 28 with 2175 viewsjoe90

I think Warbs and the team are very keen to get their first home league win. 3-2 Rangers. I think it's going to be an entertaining game.
Coventry Match Thread on 12:53 - Aug 28 with 2095 viewsnumptydumpty

Coventry Match Thread on 12:28 - Aug 28 by joe90

I think Warbs and the team are very keen to get their first home league win. 3-2 Rangers. I think it's going to be an entertaining game.

Always wary of a superhoops f*** up, but confident re this game for some strange reason.

1 nil

Dykes to score

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Coventry Match Thread on 13:02 - Aug 28 with 2071 viewsdanehoop

tired squad, we fight out a tough draw against a tough opponent.

2-2 Dickie to score another "tap-in" from 20 yards.

Never knowingly understood

Coventry Match Thread on 13:05 - Aug 28 with 2069 viewssaxbend

Coventry are a very good side, but then so are at least 19 other teams in the Championship this season. We have to be able to beat good sides regularly, so yes, why not beat one today. You Rs!
Coventry Match Thread on 13:28 - Aug 28 with 2002 viewsaston_hoop

Please tell me we are playing Forest soon. they look absolutely rank

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Coventry Match Thread on 13:35 - Aug 28 with 1973 viewsDylanP

Coventry Match Thread on 14:11 - Aug 27 by EmpireStateRanger

Feeling oddly positive heading into this one.

Surely that means QPR 1, Coventry 2

Booooo!! Bloody typical Hoops fans!!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Coventry Match Thread on 13:37 - Aug 28 with 1968 viewswood_hoop

Just feel that we will let loose and though Coventry a decent start to the season confidence must be pretty high amongst our squad and MW not wanting them to sit back if taking the lead.

4-0
Coventry Match Thread on 13:45 - Aug 28 with 1936 viewsgazza1

Coventry Match Thread on 13:47 - Aug 27 by aston_hoop

Dieng
Odubajo
Dickie
De Wijs
Barbet
McCallum
Ball
Pirlo of the Fjords
Chair
Willock
Dykes

2-1 - Chair and Dickie

Agree.......depending on how MW wants to play the Di Wijs situation.
Coventry Match Thread on 14:00 - Aug 28 with 1881 viewsaston_hoop

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Coventry Match Thread on 14:04 - Aug 28 with 1853 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Like it.
Coventry Match Thread on 14:09 - Aug 28 with 1777 viewsHongKongR

Strong line up and good bench named:
Dieng
Moses
Jordy
Dickie
Barbet
Sam
Ball
SJ
Chair
Wilcock
Austin
Coventry Match Thread on 14:09 - Aug 28 with 1775 viewsdanehoop

Its a good bench as well.

Never knowingly understood

Coventry Match Thread on 14:14 - Aug 28 with 1722 viewswood_hoop

Looks a good strong starting XI,
Coventry Match Thread on 14:32 - Aug 28 with 1589 viewsHarbour

Another tight game with their high press think few goals today us to win by 1 nil
Coventry Match Thread on 14:36 - Aug 28 with 1548 viewsSuperhoops2808

After going to watch the mighty Spitfires book their place in the T20 finals day, I am going for a continuation of highlights this weekend, and say 4-0 to the Hoops, with Dickie getting another.

Oh and they have to win as its my Birthday
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024