Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 07:10 - Aug 29 with 28293 viewsdmm

It's been mentioned a few times but I do hope Dykes game changing cameo and goal yesterday finally silences his remaining critics.

Yes, he came on late and played against a tiring opposition, but his goal - 3rd of the season - showed great skill and owed nothing to Coventry's tired defence.

He may not be the complete goal scoring striker, but what he has got is plenty good enough for us.
Lyndon Dykes on 11:50 - Sep 8 with 2481 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 10:53 - Sep 8 by W7Ranger

It appears we have the odd stubborn fan on here. Never prepared to change their opinion of a player (who has clearly massively improved) or admit that they might actualy be wrong. Not just about Dykes either.

I will change my opinion when I see him play consistently well......that has not surfaced yet.
Lyndon Dykes on 11:53 - Sep 8 with 2470 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 09:04 - Sep 8 by ParkRoyalR

Thought his cut-back to McGinn last night was 1st class, went outside his man, was playing with his head-up and played Mcginn in for what should have been game-over, won so many headers too, never let the Austria defence settle into the game, movement + positioning improving all the time, great work in progress.

Cant comment did not watch the game.....far better things to do than to watch the 'jocks'.
Lyndon Dykes on 11:57 - Sep 8 with 2459 viewsjohncharles

Lyndon Dykes on 11:50 - Sep 8 by gazza1

I will change my opinion when I see him play consistently well......that has not surfaced yet.

I'd expect to see lots of flying pigs and many Blue Moons before that.

Strong and stable my arse.

Lyndon Dykes on 12:00 - Sep 8 with 2433 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 11:57 - Sep 8 by johncharles

I'd expect to see lots of flying pigs and many Blue Moons before that.

John Charles.....now there was a good forward!!! Suppose you are going to tell me that LD is better!!!
Lyndon Dykes on 12:07 - Sep 8 with 2425 viewsted_hendrix

I'm pleased we own him and he's under contract to us.
He doesn't need to be analyzed to death anymore does he?
He has made steady progress since he's been here and I should Imagine/hope that will continue?

I like to see players development, but that doesn't happen overnight, he's doing okay in my book, nothing more-nothing less.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Lyndon Dykes on 12:13 - Sep 8 with 2397 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lyndon Dykes on 10:53 - Sep 8 by W7Ranger

It appears we have the odd stubborn fan on here. Never prepared to change their opinion of a player (who has clearly massively improved) or admit that they might actualy be wrong. Not just about Dykes either.

I agree. Appreciate we have our own tribes and biases but 5 goals in 8 appearances not being good enough?
[Post edited 8 Sep 2021 13:01]
Lyndon Dykes on 16:20 - Sep 8 with 2150 viewsW7Ranger

Lyndon Dykes on 12:13 - Sep 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

I agree. Appreciate we have our own tribes and biases but 5 goals in 8 appearances not being good enough?

Think it's 10 in 14 now. A few of those from the bench also! That's impressive by anyone's standards.

I think that can be considered "consistant."

Some bloody good goals in amongst that lot as well.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2021 16:21]
Lyndon Dykes on 18:59 - Sep 8 with 2048 viewsCiderwithRsie

Lyndon Dykes on 22:24 - Sep 7 by queensparker

Another shout for Gallen as a back to goal striker, he was excellent at it. Sir Les obviously the guru.

Funnily enough I've never really thought of Ferdinand as a back-to-goal striker because although he was excellent at it he was even better facing, due to his speed, power (and accuracy) of shot and header, and the difficulty of knocking him off the ball.

Others have been more tricky or exciting, and Clive Allen was the master poacher, but as an all-round striker I've never seen better than Sir Les.

(The Bloke Behind Me used to slag him off every week as lazy. Ho hum.)
Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 19:11 - Sep 8 with 2025 viewsdistortR

to be fair to Tim Cocking, He's comparing Dykes to Tim Cocking, and nothing compares to Tim Cocking!!
Lyndon Dykes on 19:17 - Sep 8 with 2008 viewsdavman

Lyndon Dykes on 16:20 - Sep 8 by W7Ranger

Think it's 10 in 14 now. A few of those from the bench also! That's impressive by anyone's standards.

I think that can be considered "consistant."

Some bloody good goals in amongst that lot as well.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2021 16:21]

Yep, the header against Sheff Weds was the one that made me think "OK - something there after all". The Cov one was a fantastic strike and I was always a fan of the Brentford (a) one, which I thought would be his catalyst.

Can't argue with this ridiculous scoring record he is building - not crap in my eyes any more!

...he was though.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Lyndon Dykes on 19:46 - Sep 8 with 1962 viewsSuperhoops2808

Lyndon Dykes on 09:18 - Sep 8 by francisbowles

As the op dmm said:

'He may not be the complete goal scoring striker, but what he has got is plenty good enough for us.'

It's the difference between spending between £1&2 million pounds and £XXXX million. He has a lot of talent, is gaining confidence with experience and is continually improving. He is inconsistent, has a lot of rough edges but is definitely up to Championship standard with his recent scoring record and his aerial ability.

Agree with all that, but you missed something... Bags of passion and enthusiasm
Lyndon Dykes on 19:52 - Sep 8 with 1950 viewsCiderwithRsie

The job description is "score goals". Been doing it regularly for club and country for six months now.

It's not even a debate, it's just a fact that he is, at the level he's paying (Championship and international qualifiers) doing the job. Doesn't make him the new Sir Les, but so what?

Both Warburton and Steve Clark are regularly starting him despite having other options, so while I'll admit to being ignorant I won't have it that any fans on here "know better" than the rest of us - it's up to anyone who doesn't rate him to give chapter and verse on what he's doing wrong and why they know more about it than Warburton and Clarke.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:12 - Sep 9 with 1725 viewsW7Ranger

Lyndon Dykes on 19:52 - Sep 8 by CiderwithRsie

The job description is "score goals". Been doing it regularly for club and country for six months now.

It's not even a debate, it's just a fact that he is, at the level he's paying (Championship and international qualifiers) doing the job. Doesn't make him the new Sir Les, but so what?

Both Warburton and Steve Clark are regularly starting him despite having other options, so while I'll admit to being ignorant I won't have it that any fans on here "know better" than the rest of us - it's up to anyone who doesn't rate him to give chapter and verse on what he's doing wrong and why they know more about it than Warburton and Clarke.

Had we bought him in January, and seeing his performances and form since then to now, this wouldn't even be a debate.

But those first 4 months with us have tainted him in some fans eyes unfortunately. He was struggling for form and confidence - IN A STRUGGLING TEAM.

What I also find strange is if you compare Dykes to Lee Wallace. For the best part of 18 months he was poor, REALLY poor. Then all of sudden as soon as we switch to a back 5 and he's become like a new player. Absolutely superb. And when fit is one of the first names on the team sheet. His link up play on the left with Willock and Chair in particular has been great to watch. He was another threat going forward, assisted many goals and chipped in with a couple as well.

Yet somehow his form prior January is now forgotten (and quite right too by the way) and everyone is now saying what an improtant and valuable part of the team he is. I never thought I'd see that sort of extreme turnaround in form from him. But Im happy to admit I was wrong, and Warbs was right. He's a very good player in this team.

Wallace is an experienced ex international (and captain of Glasgow RangersI'm led to believe!). 34 years old with over 350 appearances to his name.
Dykes is a young, recently capped international still learning an improving, with just over 150 appearances behind him.

Yet despite all that, there are some still questioning Dykes' ability, consistancy or potential, but Wallace is now the quality player Warbs was telling everyone he was and his previous form is overlooked (unlike Dykes')!

Never be too quick to judge or write players off. Remember Paul Furlong people! (and again, Furlong was a lot more experienced when he joined us than Dykes was)
Lyndon Dykes on 10:37 - Sep 9 with 1678 viewswestberksr

Lyndon Dykes on 12:07 - Sep 8 by ted_hendrix

I'm pleased we own him and he's under contract to us.
He doesn't need to be analyzed to death anymore does he?
He has made steady progress since he's been here and I should Imagine/hope that will continue?

I like to see players development, but that doesn't happen overnight, he's doing okay in my book, nothing more-nothing less.

This....

Ted knows....

be more like Ted
Lyndon Dykes on 10:47 - Sep 9 with 1652 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 10:12 - Sep 9 by W7Ranger

Had we bought him in January, and seeing his performances and form since then to now, this wouldn't even be a debate.

But those first 4 months with us have tainted him in some fans eyes unfortunately. He was struggling for form and confidence - IN A STRUGGLING TEAM.

What I also find strange is if you compare Dykes to Lee Wallace. For the best part of 18 months he was poor, REALLY poor. Then all of sudden as soon as we switch to a back 5 and he's become like a new player. Absolutely superb. And when fit is one of the first names on the team sheet. His link up play on the left with Willock and Chair in particular has been great to watch. He was another threat going forward, assisted many goals and chipped in with a couple as well.

Yet somehow his form prior January is now forgotten (and quite right too by the way) and everyone is now saying what an improtant and valuable part of the team he is. I never thought I'd see that sort of extreme turnaround in form from him. But Im happy to admit I was wrong, and Warbs was right. He's a very good player in this team.

Wallace is an experienced ex international (and captain of Glasgow RangersI'm led to believe!). 34 years old with over 350 appearances to his name.
Dykes is a young, recently capped international still learning an improving, with just over 150 appearances behind him.

Yet despite all that, there are some still questioning Dykes' ability, consistancy or potential, but Wallace is now the quality player Warbs was telling everyone he was and his previous form is overlooked (unlike Dykes')!

Never be too quick to judge or write players off. Remember Paul Furlong people! (and again, Furlong was a lot more experienced when he joined us than Dykes was)

Yes, very similar to a few on this Forum who were overly critical of Dickie pre-lockdown and fairly sceptical on his abilities at this level after the odd misplaced pass...I'd say it could be fairly cathartic for some to say...'I judged too soon and was completely wrong'...not the usual denial ... 'I'm glad he's playing well now but I'm still right about those first few games'
Lyndon Dykes on 15:53 - Sep 9 with 1480 viewsPinnerPaul

Lyndon Dykes on 23:39 - Sep 7 by timcocking

Anybody saying Dykes is really good hasn’t a clue about playing football.

Soooooo he's managing to earn a decent living and represent his country, how exactly?
Lyndon Dykes on 15:54 - Sep 9 with 1476 viewsPinnerPaul

Lyndon Dykes on 02:04 - Sep 8 by Ferdy

You're wrong. Zamora was brilliant for a while for us in the prem. Best I've seen at holding the ball up and bullying defenders, other than Les.

Yep - had a big hand in both goals in the semi final as well for a start!
Lyndon Dykes on 15:56 - Sep 9 with 1466 viewsPinnerPaul

Lyndon Dykes on 11:50 - Sep 8 by gazza1

If you're not going to watch his internationals, how can you tell if he is playing "consistently well"?
Lyndon Dykes on 17:36 - Sep 9 with 1355 viewskensalriser

Lyndon Dykes on 12:13 - Sep 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

No, not good enough.

We want the finest goals known to humanity, we want them here and we want them now.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Lyndon Dykes on 17:50 - Sep 9 with 1327 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 15:56 - Sep 9 by PinnerPaul

If you're not going to watch his internationals, how can you tell if he is playing "consistently well"?

You cannot watch every single game - silly billy.

I see him playing QPR games and that is enough for me to have an opinion.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 17:51]
Lyndon Dykes on 17:58 - Sep 9 with 1300 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 10:12 - Sep 9 by W7Ranger

Absolute nonsense stuff about Wallace, he was written off by people like you before he even played for QPR.

Wallace has always been decent and now people are understanding just how good he is - massive part of the squad, team, on and off the pitch!!!

The same goes regarding Furlong as well, never as bad as many thought, his Chelsea background was the main reason so many wanted to slag him off - sad individuals imo. Good lad Furlong.

Like it or not, say what you want, the jury is still out on Dykes.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 17:59]
Lyndon Dykes on 17:59 - Sep 9 with 1298 viewsPinnerPaul

Lyndon Dykes on 17:50 - Sep 9 by gazza1

You cannot watch every single game - silly billy.

I see him playing QPR games and that is enough for me to have an opinion.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2021 17:51]

Sorry to be pedantic, but your reply implied that you chose not to watch the 'jocks', rather than couldn't.

Either way, I think if you accuse someone of not being 'consistent', at anything, not just football, it rather weakens your argument, if you're missing a fair chunk of their 'output'

Don't think that's 'silly' at all.
Lyndon Dykes on 18:02 - Sep 9 with 1284 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 17:59 - Sep 9 by PinnerPaul

Sorry to be pedantic, but your reply implied that you chose not to watch the 'jocks', rather than couldn't.

Either way, I think if you accuse someone of not being 'consistent', at anything, not just football, it rather weakens your argument, if you're missing a fair chunk of their 'output'

Don't think that's 'silly' at all.

Dont be sorry Pinner......not a problem.

I chose not to watch him play for Scotland, not interested in them - be glad when Scotland leave the UK!!

As I said, and I will say it again, I see enough of him in a hooped shirt to be able to have a valued opinion.
Lyndon Dykes on 18:14 - Sep 9 with 1256 viewsWatfordR

Lyndon Dykes on 18:02 - Sep 9 by gazza1

Dont be sorry Pinner......not a problem.

I chose not to watch him play for Scotland, not interested in them - be glad when Scotland leave the UK!!

As I said, and I will say it again, I see enough of him in a hooped shirt to be able to have a valued opinion.

Nothing wrong with having an opinion. But it isn't up to you to say whether it's "valued" or not.

In my opinion.
Lyndon Dykes on 18:18 - Sep 9 with 1251 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 18:14 - Sep 9 by WatfordR

Nothing wrong with having an opinion. But it isn't up to you to say whether it's "valued" or not.

In my opinion.

There appears to be a problem having an opinion, don't you think??......of course, my opinions are proper valued otherwise I would not post it!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024