Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kane gone 20:15 - Aug 31 with 14576 viewsSimplyNico

Kane gone on 22:40 - Aug 31 with 2726 viewsHAYESBOY

It was obviously the interview that made MW make the decision to drop him.
If you've seen the interview it is not good. Very disrespectful to other players and the team in general. He came across as QPR was beneath him.
Shame as he started to string a few games together where he played really well.
Not great defensively, but good at getting forward and crossing had improved.

Good luck to him, best he moved on though.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Kane gone on 22:45 - Aug 31 with 2700 viewsStainrod

Kane gone on 22:40 - Aug 31 by HAYESBOY

It was obviously the interview that made MW make the decision to drop him.
If you've seen the interview it is not good. Very disrespectful to other players and the team in general. He came across as QPR was beneath him.
Shame as he started to string a few games together where he played really well.
Not great defensively, but good at getting forward and crossing had improved.

Good luck to him, best he moved on though.

I heard about what he said Kakay but what did he say about the club/ other players?

Tbf I took it as his pride had been hurt because he was dropped so he was just trying to keep his end up. Not great, but all too human...
Kane gone on 22:50 - Aug 31 with 2684 viewsgobbles

Kane gone on 21:47 - Aug 31 by dm97

This argument about age irks me. Players don't all develop at the same rate or at the same age, and to assume player x must be at point y simply because they are age z is a bit simplistic.
Kakay hasn't played that many senior games relative to the (statistically) average 24 year old - Clive's 50, 100, 150 klaxon - and to "hope he would more than just cover by now" ignore this, among others, aspect of player development

Well last season, he was in contention for a starting spot. This season, he's back-up. That's Warburton's call. One year more experience, and he is further down the pecking order.
Will he start 20 games this year? Probably only if there are injuries
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 22:51]
Kane gone on 23:20 - Aug 31 with 2583 viewsAntti_Heinola

Kane gone on 21:10 - Aug 31 by gobbles

Is Kakay developing?
When we played with wing-backs, Kakay deputising for Kane was a big downgrade. And I certainly haven't seen anything from him this season to suddenly see he is going to make a big step up.
He's 24, you'd hope he would be more than just cover by now.

Yes, he's developed really well. Didn't look much of a downgrade. He came into the side well before the end of the season and we continued to win. Been v good when called upon this season too.
Nothing wrong with a solid, reliable squad player. Alex Ferguson knew that and always had lots of them - the building blocks around his star players. Ossie is steady, quick, a very good defender and confident. Really like him. Not a first pick, but not everyone can be first pick in a modern squad game.

Bare bones.

Kane gone on 23:21 - Aug 31 with 2578 viewsNorthernr

He's a knobhead, and he's gone. Bye Todd.
Kane gone on 23:47 - Aug 31 with 2519 viewsLoftgirl

Kane gone on 20:22 - Aug 31 by SK_hoops

Must have got lost on the way to Sheffield.

Unless Coventry paid more than £13 million.
Kane gone on 00:02 - Sep 1 with 2495 viewssaxbend

Kane gone on 23:20 - Aug 31 by Antti_Heinola

Yes, he's developed really well. Didn't look much of a downgrade. He came into the side well before the end of the season and we continued to win. Been v good when called upon this season too.
Nothing wrong with a solid, reliable squad player. Alex Ferguson knew that and always had lots of them - the building blocks around his star players. Ossie is steady, quick, a very good defender and confident. Really like him. Not a first pick, but not everyone can be first pick in a modern squad game.

If anything it was the other way around. Kakay got injured last Autumn and I was nervous about Kane coming into the team during that time, with the bad results we'd been getting and having seen nothing impressive from Kane during his entire first season with us. But then it was when Kane started to really give something to the team. He had a great string of performances beginning at Norwich. And suddenly I realised I wasn't counting the days until Kakay's return. When Kakay came back and had a few games, I was happy, but it wasn't the big sigh of relief I had foreseen. Then I saw that interview and realised that Kane doesn't get what playing for a club means and went off him instantly.
Kane gone on 00:09 - Sep 1 with 2481 viewssaxbend

Incidentally, and I have no idea why, (it could be that they feel better to say something than admit they don't know), the FotMob app is saying that Coventry paid us £663k for Kane. There is also an asterisk next to that figure, but I can't see any information as to what that asterisk means. (I would guess "just blind speculation").
Login to get fewer ads

Kane gone on 01:13 - Sep 1 with 2427 viewsnix

Kane gone on 20:29 - Aug 31 by richranger

..and nothing mentioned about a fee - not even 'undisclosed'. Sounds like a free!

If you click on the article, it says for an undisclosed fee. If we got anything at all for him (which could presumably cover some of Gray's wages) then absolutely happy days! Also, as he came from Chelsea on a free, he was probably on quite a whack himself so glad to get him off the wage bill, when he was hardly likely to play unless we were absolutely desperate.
Kane gone on 06:42 - Sep 1 with 2306 viewsHAYESBOY

Kane gone on 23:21 - Aug 31 by Northernr

Which I was trying to say but not as eloquently.........

Smells like a trout farm in here

Kane gone (n/t) on 07:49 - Sep 1 with 2218 viewsnix

Kane gone on 06:42 - Sep 1 by HAYESBOY

Which I was trying to say but not as eloquently.........

[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 8:45]
Kane gone on 08:06 - Sep 1 with 2174 viewsTonto

A very inconsistent player IMO. I wanted him to do better and become our RB but it just never happened. Then you add on the interview and I'm glad we have moved him on.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Kane gone on 08:20 - Sep 1 with 2138 viewsgazza1

I remember Kane's first game for the R's, came on as sub. I thought that we got 'some player' here but it never quite worked out that way. He did OK for us and well on some occasions but once he 'crossed' the line' with regard to team protocols he was never going to play for us again.....and rightly so. Fair play to MW and the Team that runs the Club.

The Club has thanked him and wished him farewell and good luck - that is CLASS.
Kane gone on 08:26 - Sep 1 with 2126 viewsPhildo

We were never going to have a proper challenge with the full back options we had last year - those that were not quite good enough are gone - permanent or on loan - and we have upgraded and kept the improving ones.

Kane will be a morality tale for young players coming through at the club. Handled pretty well including to be fair handing him off to a championship club so the bloke has a chance at redemption.
Kane gone on 08:31 - Sep 1 with 2107 viewsTheChef

Goodbye and farewell, Steptoe Jr.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Kane gone on 09:26 - Sep 1 with 2024 viewsrobith

He was never as good consistently as his highest moments, and never quite as bad as some mad on.

But for me personally that interview was garbage. Beyond his own frail mentality where I see a guy the club was ready to write off, got a chance through necessity and took it with both hands and kept working hard to stay there but Todd just sees "someone playing in Scotland, it's just such poor professionalism. I've worked with plenty of people I've hated or thought were useless - I wouldn't bring that up if I was speaking at a conference or write it on twitter for eg.

Ozzy is held in such esteem that at 24 he is actually the dressing room's PFA rep. Kane got bombed out and no one so much as raised their voice. Bye Felicia
Kane gone on 09:52 - Sep 1 with 1964 viewsthehat

Pleased to see the back of him not just for his arrogant attitude but he really believes he is better than he is. Sounds like a bad egg has been removed from the dressing room - Poor Coventry.

Give me Mosses and Kakay any day!
Kane gone on 10:26 - Sep 1 with 1912 viewsGloryHunter

Watford fans are saying the same about Andre Gray.
Kane gone on 10:27 - Sep 1 with 1911 viewsCiderwithRsie

Kane gone on 23:20 - Aug 31 by Antti_Heinola

Also quite versatile and capable of playing in a back three, which I don't think Kane was, nor Odubajo come to that. Wouldn't put it past Kakay to play defensive midfield if we had a massive injury crisis.
Kane gone on 10:30 - Sep 1 with 1904 views1MoreBrightonR

Yes, he had the odd good game but they were few and far between, and when we talk of his improvements last season, he was starting from a pretty low point in the first place.

i was never a boo boy in regards to him and really don't care that he played for Chelsea. He was just an incredibly limited player (for us at least) who also then displayed a few examples of clearly being a bit of a d1ck. But if he was a nice guy, I still wouldn't care if we offloaded him as he's just not that good. Type of player that in 2 years time, you wont even remember his name or that he played for us.
Kane gone on 10:30 - Sep 1 with 1904 viewsRBlock

Kane gone on 22:07 - Aug 31 by bosh67

Totally agree with this. I actually felt he had improved considerably until he put his foot in it on the video. The problem for him is that wasn't meant to be a public comment and it just got uploaded. I don't even think at that moment that what he said was particularly wrong or disrespectful. At that moment he was a better player than Kakay. I am sure Os didn't take it too badly. It felt very throw away at the time and there was nothing wrong with a player having confidence in his own ability.

The problem was (for me) that the fans just never really took to him and that was what got to him because of the whole Chelsea past thing. We've had plenty of players from Chelsea that have gone on to be legends here. For some reason he just didn't seem to win the fans over. He improved, he started to put a lot of good crosses in and he scored some important goals but the fans just didn't seem to like him and he seemed to react to that.

So, for me he was a decent enough player who was improving but probably better suited to a team where the rivalry thing isn't an issue.

Didn't he say it in the course of an interview with 'R Generation', that young fans site? Seems public enough to me, unless they had a prior agreement that that particular section was off the record.
Kane gone on 10:34 - Sep 1 with 1890 viewsNorthernr

Kane gone on 10:30 - Sep 1 by RBlock

Didn't he say it in the course of an interview with 'R Generation', that young fans site? Seems public enough to me, unless they had a prior agreement that that particular section was off the record.

Yeh he said it in an interview. The club subsequently asked them to take it down but the horse had long bolted.
Kane gone on 10:59 - Sep 1 with 1812 viewsMyke

Disappointing and unnecessary comments Clive.
Kane gone on 11:09 - Sep 1 with 1794 viewssprocket

Any idea how much he went for?
Kane gone on 11:19 - Sep 1 with 1760 viewsTonto

Kane gone on 10:59 - Sep 1 by Myke

Disappointing and unnecessary comments Clive.

Far worse has been said about some of our players that were/are still at the club at the time...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024