Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kane gone 20:15 - Aug 31 with 14574 viewsSimplyNico

Kane gone on 11:24 - Sep 1 with 3916 viewsNorthernr

Kane gone on 10:59 - Sep 1 by Myke

Disappointing and unnecessary comments Clive.

Oh give over.
Kane gone on 11:26 - Sep 1 with 3893 viewsMrSheen

I have to agree. Lots of sportspeople weave a myth around themselves of their own power and ability to protect their confidence from criticism and self-doubt. Ludicrous and tedious perhaps but not a crime. I saw him as a limited but incredibly hard-working player (not so different to Scowen, the previous mob target), whose deficiencies on the ball were exposed by the tactical system he was asked to play in - lots of ball in crossing positions - but who never stopped working within it, no matter the criticism this exposed him to. Good luck to him, he deserves to be where he is appreciated better.

He won't get in ahead of Dabo though, I imagine Coventry might be tempted to cash in on him soon.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 11:39]
Kane gone on 11:32 - Sep 1 with 3866 viewsPhildo

Kane gone on 11:24 - Sep 1 by Northernr

Oh give over.

Kane gone on 11:48 - Sep 1 with 3792 viewsNorthernr

Kane gone on 11:26 - Sep 1 by MrSheen

I have to agree. Lots of sportspeople weave a myth around themselves of their own power and ability to protect their confidence from criticism and self-doubt. Ludicrous and tedious perhaps but not a crime. I saw him as a limited but incredibly hard-working player (not so different to Scowen, the previous mob target), whose deficiencies on the ball were exposed by the tactical system he was asked to play in - lots of ball in crossing positions - but who never stopped working within it, no matter the criticism this exposed him to. Good luck to him, he deserves to be where he is appreciated better.

He won't get in ahead of Dabo though, I imagine Coventry might be tempted to cash in on him soon.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 11:39]

The most perrennial of the perrennial Chelsea loanees. Eight loans into neutral territory. Never any hope of playing for Chelsea. Hung around regardless. Career ambition beginning and ends at 'how much money can I make?'

Finally bombed out, comes to QPR, which he clearly from his "I could have gone to Sheff Utd for £13m" bullsht thinks was a bit beneath him. Played, at best, very, very inconsistently. When that inconsistency meant he wasn't selected, banged on Warburton's and Les' door and bitched and moaned about it.

Put back in the team, again, at best, inconsistent. On one of the days it went well he decides to come after the supporters with a goal celebration, who can't have been giving him too much stick, because they hadn't fcking been there for a year.

Coats off Osman kakay in an interview, giving it the big un about Osman having to go to Partick Thistle for some football (Todd of the eight loan deals himself remember).

Gets himself banned for seven matches for abusing an opponent.

I stand by it. He's a knobhead. He's gone. Good bye.
Kane gone on 12:01 - Sep 1 with 3730 viewssimmo

Never anywhere near as good as he thinks and came with that pampered Chelsea mentality of being above this level and associated peers.

A modern version of a footballer we can do without. We're better for it too. Laterz

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Kane gone on 13:21 - Sep 1 with 3581 viewsterryb

I'm certainly not unhappy that he has left the club. I won't boo him either.

IMO we have four better full/wing backs at Queens Park Rangers than he will ever be.

I still find the sugestion hilarious that Sheffield United would have offered £13 million for him after promotion to The Premier when he was out of contract on the 31st June of that summer.
Kane gone on 15:06 - Sep 1 with 3421 viewsed_83

Kane gone on 21:02 - Aug 31 by danehoop

Solid player, did a job for us. Made mistakes on and off the field, arguably very naive, but clearly more behind the scenes that we are not party. Don't wish him ill, just a real shame it ended for him with us like it did.

This move suits all parties as an outcome from a very difficult situation.

Agree with all of this. Not sure he deserves quite the mauling he's getting from some corners, or booing if and when he plays against us, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's additional stuff which hasn't come out publicly. I think it's telling that Warburton took a much firmer line with him than with anyone else, and that Clive's been so scathing about him. Either way, moving him on was clearly the best way forward.
Kane gone on 20:51 - Sep 29 with 2937 viewsThGrimRanger

see that coventry started him tonight and have gone 4 nil down at half time. i’d wager luton have made hay down their left

fingers crossed we did sale no return

TheGrimRanger

Login to get fewer ads

Kane gone on 22:17 - Sep 29 with 2600 viewsstainrods_elbow

Agree - they'rebeneath us, and more than a little ironic, given that Kane is partly being written off on the basis of merely making a statement in which he expressed confidence in his own worth. None of us know Kane personally, even if he doesn't come across as that genial or clubbable. But, with remarks like that, footballers engaging in heinous ear-cupping gestures become more understandable - to me at least.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 22:19]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Kane gone on 22:27 - Sep 29 with 2552 viewsstainrods_elbow

Kane gone on 08:26 - Sep 1 by Phildo

We were never going to have a proper challenge with the full back options we had last year - those that were not quite good enough are gone - permanent or on loan - and we have upgraded and kept the improving ones.

Kane will be a morality tale for young players coming through at the club. Handled pretty well including to be fair handing him off to a championship club so the bloke has a chance at redemption.

I wouldn't necessarily share all that confidence right now, nor in the club's ability to make sound judgments about full-backs. Niko H was awared a bumper contract and then shipped out to the MLS, while Kane himself was signed with a glowing report from Warburton. Kakay and/or Moses may or may not be good enough for a Champ side with play-off pretensions - I'd say the jury (or my jury) is out right now. They work hard, and have some good qualities, but are inconsistent and often positionally caught out.

As has been pointed out, the fact that we're really missing 34 year old Wallace right now highlights to me our deficits in the position(s). Hurry back, Lee!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Kane gone on 22:44 - Sep 29 with 2485 viewsdavman

Kane gone on 22:27 - Sep 29 by stainrods_elbow

I wouldn't necessarily share all that confidence right now, nor in the club's ability to make sound judgments about full-backs. Niko H was awared a bumper contract and then shipped out to the MLS, while Kane himself was signed with a glowing report from Warburton. Kakay and/or Moses may or may not be good enough for a Champ side with play-off pretensions - I'd say the jury (or my jury) is out right now. They work hard, and have some good qualities, but are inconsistent and often positionally caught out.

As has been pointed out, the fact that we're really missing 34 year old Wallace right now highlights to me our deficits in the position(s). Hurry back, Lee!

Too right on Wallace and always thought that the reason we got McCallum in on loan in that position is that the ex Brighton lad we had our eye on is out of contract at the end of this season and we expect to sign him. It'll be interesting if Super Lee-o is not back and firing on all cylinders by Xmas whether we'll look to make a LB signing...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Kane gone on 23:00 - Sep 29 with 2427 viewsHastings_Hoops

Kane gone on 22:27 - Sep 29 by stainrods_elbow

Not sure there’s ever been a manager who has got it right all the time with their signings or contracts - Warbs, Les and Lee have done so more than most hence the improvement year on year… Nico H got his long (not necessarily ‘bumper’) contract at the same time that Chair and Dieng got theirs.

We are definitely missing wallace, but only because McCallum (2 goals in his last 3) is injured.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 23:05]
Kane gone on 07:35 - Sep 30 with 2044 viewsgazza1

Whatever you think about Kane, good, bad, inconsistent, and he was all of them......he crossed the MW 'red line' when he behaved very poorly in the video making bad negative comments about one of his team mates. And whilst he upset MW, we have a very closely knit team and, perhaps, it did not go down well with the players (MW will confide in some of the senior players & I am sure he would have listened to them as well). I am also sure that there is more in this matter than just the video, etc. One bad egg in a team that has big expectations would or could ruin everything.

Is he a loss??......no not really.
Kane gone on 07:53 - Sep 30 with 2001 viewsdmm

Kane gone on 22:44 - Sep 29 by davman

Too right on Wallace and always thought that the reason we got McCallum in on loan in that position is that the ex Brighton lad we had our eye on is out of contract at the end of this season and we expect to sign him. It'll be interesting if Super Lee-o is not back and firing on all cylinders by Xmas whether we'll look to make a LB signing...

If you meant George Cox who is at Fortuna Sittard, his contract there runs until 2023.

Warburton seemed to think Wallace would be back after the international break, around the same time as McCallum returns
Kane gone on 09:14 - Sep 30 with 1783 viewsBklynRanger

Kane gone on 22:17 - Sep 29 by stainrods_elbow

Agree - they'rebeneath us, and more than a little ironic, given that Kane is partly being written off on the basis of merely making a statement in which he expressed confidence in his own worth. None of us know Kane personally, even if he doesn't come across as that genial or clubbable. But, with remarks like that, footballers engaging in heinous ear-cupping gestures become more understandable - to me at least.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 22:19]

It wasn't as simple as 'expressing confidence in his own worth' - that's not an entirely honest analysis. Kane didn't isolate the comment to his own career, he compared himself to a team mate. And in a not particularly respectful way - arrogant, haughty, condescending - a man of your wide vocabulary will have a good word for it no doubt.
Kane gone on 09:21 - Sep 30 with 1755 viewsNorthernr

Kane gone on 09:14 - Sep 30 by BklynRanger

It wasn't as simple as 'expressing confidence in his own worth' - that's not an entirely honest analysis. Kane didn't isolate the comment to his own career, he compared himself to a team mate. And in a not particularly respectful way - arrogant, haughty, condescending - a man of your wide vocabulary will have a good word for it no doubt.

Yeh, like knobhead.
Kane gone on 09:30 - Sep 30 with 1707 viewsnix

Kane gone on 09:14 - Sep 30 by BklynRanger

That's how I saw it too. He's just a different kind of person to the lads like Chair, Dickie, Dunne, Barbet, Amos and Willock who've all been interviewed recently and are all about the team rather than themselves and seem delighted to be playing for QPR.

I really hope we don't boo him (provided he doesn't do something really poxy). He just wasn't a good fit for us as a club. But he's not Wayne Couzens.
Kane gone on 09:33 - Sep 30 with 1694 viewscollegeranger

Kane gone on 20:51 - Sep 29 by ThGrimRanger

see that coventry started him tonight and have gone 4 nil down at half time. i’d wager luton have made hay down their left

fingers crossed we did sale no return

looking at the highlights - at least 2 if not 3 of the goals could be marked down to his defensive frailty and laziness in tracking back.

Coventry didn't do the homework - he can't defend!
Kane gone on 09:40 - Sep 30 with 1673 viewsBrianMcCarthy

And I could forgive the Kakay comments, personally, if there was a handshake and an apology to his teammate(s).

But not the xenophobia.

Each of us see things differently.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Kane gone on 10:05 - Sep 30 with 1612 viewsBklynRanger

Kane gone on 09:30 - Sep 30 by nix

That's how I saw it too. He's just a different kind of person to the lads like Chair, Dickie, Dunne, Barbet, Amos and Willock who've all been interviewed recently and are all about the team rather than themselves and seem delighted to be playing for QPR.

I really hope we don't boo him (provided he doesn't do something really poxy). He just wasn't a good fit for us as a club. But he's not Wayne Couzens.

I think he'll probably be booed a fair bit but I do agree - pointless. Undoubtedly he'll be up for it too so could be interesting. I wonder if he'll do that finger in ear thing?

I still have no idea why Townsend got booed - now that was an actual premier league player, Todd.
Kane gone on 10:08 - Sep 30 with 1598 viewsterryb

Can't we just let this go?

Thankfully (as he is a poor defender & crossing of the ball), he is no longer a Queens Park Rangers player. I have no interest in the future of Kane or most of our ex players. Eze excepted of course!
Kane gone on 10:13 - Sep 30 with 1575 viewsnix

Kane gone on 10:05 - Sep 30 by BklynRanger

I think he'll probably be booed a fair bit but I do agree - pointless. Undoubtedly he'll be up for it too so could be interesting. I wonder if he'll do that finger in ear thing?

I still have no idea why Townsend got booed - now that was an actual premier league player, Todd.

Yes that was strange. I always thought he did alright for us and was only ever on loan???
Kane gone on 10:27 - Sep 30 with 1528 viewsToast_R

Townsend Andros was actually clapped at the start of the game which I thought was a nice touch. Once the pleasantries are out of the way, then its open season. I don't think he got booed any more than any other Everton player during the match .
Kane gone on 10:39 - Sep 30 with 1468 viewsBklynRanger

There was that generous clap Toast, you're right. That's why I was quite surprised when he was booed - it did seem a lot more than other players, from where I was at least.
Kane gone on 15:45 - Sep 30 with 1185 viewsMatch82

Kane gone on 23:00 - Sep 29 by Hastings_Hoops

Not sure there’s ever been a manager who has got it right all the time with their signings or contracts - Warbs, Les and Lee have done so more than most hence the improvement year on year… Nico H got his long (not necessarily ‘bumper’) contract at the same time that Chair and Dieng got theirs.

We are definitely missing wallace, but only because McCallum (2 goals in his last 3) is injured.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 23:05]

That's an interesting angle on it actually. Obviously I don't know the numbers but it's reasonable to think if Chair and Dieng negotiated their deals today, they'd be on more money than when they signed (or indeed, may not be as willing to commit to that many years, if at all)

So we took a chance on long term contracts for three players and two of them worked out, I'd say that's superb business. And even beyond resale value it's possibly that what Niko is on is less than the money we saved by negotiating Dieng and Chair early.

Not sure what this has to do with Kane though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024