Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Macauley Bonne 07:32 - Sep 23 with 12639 viewsdmm

Bonne is racking up some impressive stats for Ipswich https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/itfc-striker-bonne-tops-league-one-sta Nonetheless, I don't think we'd want to recall him in January unless there's some kind of striker crisis.

It will depend on which league we and the TBs but it will be interesting to see where he's playing next season.
Macauley Bonne on 09:02 - Sep 23 with 6035 viewsCiderwithRsie

This doesn't tell you much but between the lines I think Warburton is thinking on same lines as you.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/qpr-boss-mark-warburton-on-macauley-bo

What we heard from Charlton and saw ourselves was that he was inconsistent so it's great that he is regularly scoring, this season could be the making of him so I think we'd need a good reason to change that.

Suspect that he may want a move to Ipswich at the end of the loan but at least this way he'll command a fee.
Macauley Bonne on 09:52 - Sep 23 with 5922 viewsdmm

Yep, you wouldn't blame the lad if he wanted to make the move permanent. Should he go, let's hope we at least recoup whatever the transfer fee was that we shelled out - rumoured to be £1m-2m.
Macauley Bonne on 09:57 - Sep 23 with 5895 viewsCamberleyR

He may well want to make the move permanent but I'd very much doubt that Ipswich have anything like that sort of money to shell out that on one player these days after three or four seasons in L1 and one and a half of them with no matchday income.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Macauley Bonne on 10:09 - Sep 23 with 5858 viewsdaveB

Macauley Bonne on 09:57 - Sep 23 by CamberleyR

He may well want to make the move permanent but I'd very much doubt that Ipswich have anything like that sort of money to shell out that on one player these days after three or four seasons in L1 and one and a half of them with no matchday income.

they got taken over last year so think they have a bit of money behind them now
Macauley Bonne on 10:14 - Sep 23 with 5835 viewsBklynRanger

Yeah I think he'll end up staying at Ipswich, judging by his interviews when he got there and his disinterest in being any kind of back-up with us. I still think there's a good player in there, even at this level.
Macauley Bonne on 10:41 - Sep 23 with 5760 viewsMaggsinho

Macauley Bonne on 10:09 - Sep 23 by daveB

they got taken over last year so think they have a bit of money behind them now

Yep, they're owned by an American investment fund now.
Macauley Bonne on 11:11 - Sep 23 with 5694 viewsCiderwithRsie

Macauley Bonne on 09:52 - Sep 23 by dmm

Yep, you wouldn't blame the lad if he wanted to make the move permanent. Should he go, let's hope we at least recoup whatever the transfer fee was that we shelled out - rumoured to be £1m-2m.

Like you said in your OP, the leagues both clubs play in will make a difference. Suppose we go up? Bonne looks to have the making of a decent Championship striker but Premiership next year is a big step up from L1 this - does he really want to be on our bench for that? Is there any point for either us or him in that?

OTOH there's a good chance we'd come back down the following year, when he'd be handy.

TBH in that scenario the best thing for us would probably be a contract extension with him having a loan to a Champ side (doesn't look like that could be Ipswich, but early days I suppose), but you'd think he'd want it settled either way, and Ipswich is his home town.

Wait-and-see really but him doing well is good for everyone.
Macauley Bonne on 12:59 - Sep 23 with 5499 viewsmcqpr10

Hope he keeps banging them in for Ipswich and we can recoup what we paid for him. Willing worker and decent sub to bring on to shake things up but don't think he's good enough for where we are and where we want to go. Has the touch of Stuart wardley.
Login to get fewer ads

Macauley Bonne on 10:29 - Sep 24 with 5107 viewsHooping_Mad

It's a season long loan, it may be best if we leave him there for the season and see where we and Ipswich are next year.

If we manage promotion then he may want to stay, if we don't he has a way back to a championship club. If Ipswich get promoted, his value can only go up if he keeps banging them in.

Keep everyone happy, deal with it later.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Macauley Bonne on 10:35 - Sep 24 with 5081 viewsgazza1

Pleased for him (& us)....well done.
Macauley Bonne on 16:17 - Sep 24 with 4924 viewsterryb

Macauley Bonne on 10:29 - Sep 24 by Hooping_Mad

It's a season long loan, it may be best if we leave him there for the season and see where we and Ipswich are next year.

If we manage promotion then he may want to stay, if we don't he has a way back to a championship club. If Ipswich get promoted, his value can only go up if he keeps banging them in.

Keep everyone happy, deal with it later.

Promotion would seem a long way off for Ipswich at present. It would definitely need a big turn around.

Last weeks win at Lincoln was their first of the season, but it did take them out of the relegation places.
Macauley Bonne on 20:46 - Oct 9 with 4496 viewseastside_r

Scored the winner today. Joint top scorer in League 1.
Macauley Bonne on 20:58 - Oct 9 with 4437 viewsLimehouseR

I see that Tony Scully is not far behind with 7...
Surely no relation!
Macauley Bonne on 20:59 - Oct 9 with 4427 viewsQPRSteve

Macauley Bonne on 20:58 - Oct 9 by LimehouseR

I see that Tony Scully is not far behind with 7...
Surely no relation!

Son I believe
[Post edited 10 Oct 2021 10:48]
Macauley Bonne on 21:09 - Oct 9 with 4377 viewsmobileDeWijs

https://dataviz.theanalyst.com/season-reviews/2021/?competition_id=11&season
Nice, here are some stats from opta - this website does all the top 4 English divisions, with willock scoring high on carries for the championship. These show Bonne to be pretty good in terms of xG (it's under player, expected goals BTW)
[Post edited 9 Oct 2021 21:14]
Macauley Bonne on 21:46 - Oct 9 with 4254 viewstraininvain

84 mins per goal for the 14th placed team in league one. Decent record. Hopefully he’ll come back with confidence.
Macauley Bonne on 22:00 - Oct 9 with 4198 viewsgazza1

Macauley Bonne on 21:46 - Oct 9 by traininvain

84 mins per goal for the 14th placed team in league one. Decent record. Hopefully he’ll come back with confidence.

Big difference.......championship/1st. We will see.
Macauley Bonne on 09:48 - Oct 10 with 3809 viewsHastings_Hoops

W he at length contract is he on at qpr? About 2 years left + option to extend I guess?…

Could prove very useful any which way of we have a decent contract with him.
Macauley Bonne on 09:58 - Oct 10 with 3790 viewsdmm

Macauley Bonne on 09:48 - Oct 10 by Hastings_Hoops

W he at length contract is he on at qpr? About 2 years left + option to extend I guess?…

Could prove very useful any which way of we have a decent contract with him.

Yep, his present contract is until 2023 with a club option for a further year. I suspect the question of where he'll be playing next season will be largely determined by which league we and, to a lesser degree, Ipswich are in.
Macauley Bonne on 10:03 - Oct 10 with 3780 viewsHAYESBOY

Macauley Bonne on 21:09 - Oct 9 by mobileDeWijs

https://dataviz.theanalyst.com/season-reviews/2021/?competition_id=11&season
Nice, here are some stats from opta - this website does all the top 4 English divisions, with willock scoring high on carries for the championship. These show Bonne to be pretty good in terms of xG (it's under player, expected goals BTW)
[Post edited 9 Oct 2021 21:14]

You can see how Chair & Willock are important to the team from those stats.

On Bonne, hope he carries on playing well.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Macauley Bonne on 10:05 - Oct 10 with 3772 viewsgazza1

Macauley Bonne on 10:03 - Oct 10 by HAYESBOY

You can see how Chair & Willock are important to the team from those stats.

On Bonne, hope he carries on playing well.

Not sure Bonne will be good enough, might be??, to return but pleased he is scoring goals at Ipswich......
Macauley Bonne on 10:50 - Oct 10 with 3704 viewsQPR_Jim

Macauley Bonne on 10:05 - Oct 10 by gazza1

Not sure Bonne will be good enough, might be??, to return but pleased he is scoring goals at Ipswich......

He might not be potentially but he's earning another shot at the championship through his form with us or another team. Either way scoring for Ipswich should assist us by being able to sell him for a decent fee and get our money back as a worst case.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2021 12:20]
Macauley Bonne on 11:07 - Oct 10 with 3660 viewsEsox_Lucius

Macauley Bonne on 10:50 - Oct 10 by QPR_Jim

He might not be potentially but he's earning another shot at the championship through his form with us or another team. Either way scoring for Ipswich should assist us by being able to sell him for a decent fee and get our money back as a worst case.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2021 12:20]

Was this the case when Chair was banging them in for Stevenage? or Eze at Wycombe? He's out on loan to get game time and improve, something he appears to be doing more than adequately. Who's to say he won't return and be as good as Chair or Eze? He looks like just the poacher we will need when Charlie hangs his boots up.

The grass is always greener.

Macauley Bonne on 11:17 - Oct 10 with 3642 viewsCiderwithRsie

Macauley Bonne on 11:07 - Oct 10 by Esox_Lucius

Was this the case when Chair was banging them in for Stevenage? or Eze at Wycombe? He's out on loan to get game time and improve, something he appears to be doing more than adequately. Who's to say he won't return and be as good as Chair or Eze? He looks like just the poacher we will need when Charlie hangs his boots up.

I'm delighted he's doing well as, stay or go, it's win-win for club and player. I like the guy.

But he'll have to cut out the outrageous misses before he can be classed as a poacher.

If he's learnt how to stay onside that'll be a big step.
Macauley Bonne on 11:19 - Oct 10 with 3624 viewsdistortR

Macauley Bonne on 11:17 - Oct 10 by CiderwithRsie

I'm delighted he's doing well as, stay or go, it's win-win for club and player. I like the guy.

But he'll have to cut out the outrageous misses before he can be classed as a poacher.

If he's learnt how to stay onside that'll be a big step.

little steps to stay onside, big steps is the problem!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024