Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Macauley Bonne 07:32 - Sep 23 with 12713 viewsdmm

Bonne is racking up some impressive stats for Ipswich https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/itfc-striker-bonne-tops-league-one-sta Nonetheless, I don't think we'd want to recall him in January unless there's some kind of striker crisis.

It will depend on which league we and the TBs but it will be interesting to see where he's playing next season.
Macauley Bonne on 11:20 - Oct 10 with 3819 viewsEsox_Lucius

Macauley Bonne on 11:17 - Oct 10 by CiderwithRsie

I'm delighted he's doing well as, stay or go, it's win-win for club and player. I like the guy.

But he'll have to cut out the outrageous misses before he can be classed as a poacher.

If he's learnt how to stay onside that'll be a big step.

That's why he is out on loan, to improve in those areas with regular game time. I remember Dwight Yorke being quite profligate in front of goal but it didn't stop him from playing for "the greatest football team in the world" and internationally. If he ends up wasting 5-6 good chances in a game but still scores 2-3 per game I won't be criticising him.

The grass is always greener.

Macauley Bonne on 11:35 - Oct 10 with 3775 viewsEsox_Lucius

Tangentially, I was scrolling through Hayes & Yeading's site and found that they have an Oxford Utd. loanee, who was at Reading's academy previously, and was MOTM on his debut and is getting rave reviews from H&Y fans. I know it is only Southern League Premier but the kid is only 18. One for Andy Impey to wave his magic wand over?
https://www.oufc.co.uk/teams/under-21-team/midfielder/tyler-goodrham/

Macauley Bonne on 12:25 - Oct 10 with 3717 viewsQPR_Jim

Macauley Bonne on 11:07 - Oct 10 by Esox_Lucius

Was this the case when Chair was banging them in for Stevenage? or Eze at Wycombe? He's out on loan to get game time and improve, something he appears to be doing more than adequately. Who's to say he won't return and be as good as Chair or Eze? He looks like just the poacher we will need when Charlie hangs his boots up.

Sorry not sure if my punctuation was right. I agree, he's doing well and it should get him another shot whether it's here or somewhere else in the championship. It doesn't guarantee that he'll be a success like the others though, he may be one of those strikers who are good at league 1 level but don't hit the same form at championship against tighter defences. But he's earning the right to another shot in the championship either way.
Macauley Bonne on 13:02 - Oct 10 with 3664 viewsCiderwithRsie

Macauley Bonne on 11:20 - Oct 10 by Esox_Lucius

That's why he is out on loan, to improve in those areas with regular game time. I remember Dwight Yorke being quite profligate in front of goal but it didn't stop him from playing for "the greatest football team in the world" and internationally. If he ends up wasting 5-6 good chances in a game but still scores 2-3 per game I won't be criticising him.

Oh, yeah, I get that about the loan. It seems encouraging so far. It's just that "poacher" doesn't seem to quite sum up his strengths so far. But I'm not writing him off.

I think he's getting more chances to score at a lower level, his confidence must be growing, and that's the starting point from which he can become more clinical.

If we get promoted in the next year or two, which is clearly our aim, our players won't be able to afford to waste 5-6 chances per game because in the modern top flight you don't get those except maybe vs the relegation sides - it's one of the tricky steps-up for promoted sides - you get punished for defensive errors and for not taking your chances.
Macauley Bonne on 16:15 - Oct 10 with 3544 viewsLazyFan

Still getting caught offside as shown in the latest highlights:

https://www.skysports.com/football/ipswich-town-vs-shrewsbury-town/video/448025

However, created the first and scored the second. So, clearly troubling League One defences.

zzzzzzzzzz

Macauley Bonne on 20:53 - Oct 10 with 3389 viewsdavman

He's got to stay there for the season. If he is L1 top scorer over a season, he'll be a man in demand either with us or elsewhere. Unless Charlie gets a long term er, he'll still be above Bonne and he can't be bought back unless he will be given significant game time.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Macauley Bonne on 15:16 - Oct 11 with 3149 viewsTW_R

He is doing all the right things there at the moment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-58869492
[Post edited 11 Oct 2021 15:20]
Macauley Bonne on 15:28 - Oct 11 with 3120 viewsfrancisbowles

Macauley Bonne on 16:15 - Oct 10 by LazyFan

Still getting caught offside as shown in the latest highlights:

https://www.skysports.com/football/ipswich-town-vs-shrewsbury-town/video/448025

However, created the first and scored the second. So, clearly troubling League One defences.

Frustrating, I know. However, Jimmy Greaves was often caught offside. If you play off the last defender it is bound to happen regularly. Nevertheless, something he needs to stay alert on and along with his finishing keep working on it.
Login to get fewer ads

Macauley Bonne on 15:52 - Oct 11 with 3086 viewskensalriser

Macauley Bonne on 15:28 - Oct 11 by francisbowles

Frustrating, I know. However, Jimmy Greaves was often caught offside. If you play off the last defender it is bound to happen regularly. Nevertheless, something he needs to stay alert on and along with his finishing keep working on it.

Exactly, and as the saying goes, the defence has to be lucky every time, the striker only once.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Macauley Bonne on 16:05 - Oct 11 with 3077 viewsconnell10

Think I said in another thread a while back, there's something about him that makes me think he will be a good striker. I like him.Mind you I said the same about Washington....

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Macauley Bonne on 16:42 - Oct 11 with 3014 viewsrobith

I liked Bonne. Yes his finishing is wayward, but he was at least in the places to miss those chances.

Then he drops down the pecking order, takes a loan a division done cos he wants to play, and is banging them in for them. Maybe he might not become good enough for the level we want to be at - but the attitude and application? I gotta rate it
Macauley Bonne on 17:38 - Oct 11 with 2936 viewsPunteR

I don't rate him. Not at this level anyway.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Macauley Bonne on 18:42 - Oct 11 with 2900 viewsQPRSteve

Nice gesture from him.
Macauley Bonne on 20:01 - Oct 11 with 2798 viewsderbyhoop

Macauley Bonne on 11:35 - Oct 10 by Esox_Lucius

Tangentially, I was scrolling through Hayes & Yeading's site and found that they have an Oxford Utd. loanee, who was at Reading's academy previously, and was MOTM on his debut and is getting rave reviews from H&Y fans. I know it is only Southern League Premier but the kid is only 18. One for Andy Impey to wave his magic wand over?
https://www.oufc.co.uk/teams/under-21-team/midfielder/tyler-goodrham/

On a similar note, where's Alfie Lloyd, the kid they signed from Yeovil?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Macauley Bonne on 20:27 - Oct 11 with 2765 viewsEsox_Lucius

Macauley Bonne on 20:01 - Oct 11 by derbyhoop

He is listed in the U23's squad and that is it.

Macauley Bonne on 21:04 - Oct 11 with 2737 viewsdmm

Macauley Bonne on 20:01 - Oct 11 by derbyhoop

Marco Ramkilde has vanished again.

While I'm at it, even though Charlie Owens can be occasionally spotted in the offish first team training pics he's not been in a match squad yet.
Macauley Bonne on 21:08 - Oct 11 with 2733 viewsDorse

Macauley Bonne on 21:04 - Oct 11 by dmm

While I'm at it, even though Charlie Owens can be occasionally spotted in the offish first team training pics he's not been in a match squad yet.

Ramkilde has not vanished. That's just what he wants us to believe.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Macauley Bonne on 21:19 - Oct 11 with 2714 viewsdmm

Macauley Bonne on 21:08 - Oct 11 by Dorse

Ramkilde has not vanished. That's just what he wants us to believe.

I'm relieved to hear it. I was beginning to think Jordy de Wijs had eaten him. The Dutch like a bit of bacon.
Macauley Bonne on 21:38 - Oct 11 with 2687 viewsEsox_Lucius

Macauley Bonne on 21:19 - Oct 11 by dmm

I'm relieved to hear it. I was beginning to think Jordy de Wijs had eaten him. The Dutch like a bit of bacon.

He comments on most things QPR on Twitter.

Macauley Bonne on 18:13 - Oct 12 with 2509 viewsstowmarketrange

I just saw a headline on the qpr Facebook page and the headline was “Bonne heads home”I thought he was coming back from his loan early,but it turns out it was about him scoring the winning goal with his head on Saturday.
I was hoping to have a quick dig at the locals about losing their only striker too.
Macauley Bonne on 16:20 - Oct 20 with 1936 viewsSK_hoops

10 in 12 now. If he keeps that up he'll end up with nearly 40 goals!
Macauley Bonne on 16:25 - Oct 20 with 1906 viewsR_from_afar

Macauley Bonne on 18:42 - Oct 11 by QPRSteve

Nice gesture from him.

That is a lovely thing to do, thanks for sharing the link.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Macauley Bonne on 20:53 - Oct 20 with 1662 viewsCiderwithRsie

Macauley Bonne on 16:25 - Oct 20 by R_from_afar

He seems like a very decent young man, whatever you think of him as a footballer.
Macauley Bonne on 21:12 - Oct 20 with 1593 viewsRangersw12

Macauley Bonne on 21:04 - Oct 11 by dmm

I'm sure I saw that Owen's played 45 mins for the under 23s this week
Macauley Bonne on 21:50 - Oct 20 with 1519 viewsTW_R

Macauley Bonne on 16:25 - Oct 20 by R_from_afar

Oi - I shared the link before Steve did. Some people are so ungrateful!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024