Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA 12:50 - Sep 24 with 27890 viewsEsox_Lucius

John Gerard reporting very heavy congestion around the the M5 Jcn 1 area tonight. If you are driving then get there very early as it is a real pinch point and can take ages when it is snarled up.

The grass is always greener.

The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA on 22:15 - Sep 24 with 2184 viewsMalintabuk

I thought that defence looked solid tonight but there again it wasn't playing against much to be truthful.
How you can play Phillips down the middle and leave Hugill out is a mystery
Yet another 2 goals let in and it is starting to be tiresome saying we are a good team, we really not if we don't stop doing this.
Won't castigated Dieng but that mistake changed the whole game, you could see by the reaction of the team that they just disintegrated after it, and we were never going to hang on.
So gutted as I thought this was going to be one of those ugly wins all good teams seem to pull off.
Following football in general and QPR in particular must be a real mugs game.... so so p!ssed over this result
The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA on 22:17 - Sep 24 with 2156 viewsbakerloo8

We were poor tonight and got what we deserved.
The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA on 22:18 - Sep 24 with 2152 viewsWatfordR

The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA on 21:07 - Sep 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Why, Watford?

Just wondering what your thinking is.

Thinking was, with us playing so many more long balls, Jojo was being bypassed. When he got the ball, it was rarely to his feet, so I felt more might have stuck to Dykes and with 2 up, maybe he could have created a flick on for Gray, or brought Chair or Willock into it a bit more.

Anyhoo....
The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA on 22:19 - Sep 24 with 2128 viewstraininvain

Feel sorry for Dieng. I’ve played in goal and mistakes like that happen sometimes. Not much you can do about it.

Unfortunately that mistake changed the game. WBA barely threatened up until that point and we looked quite comfortable in the second half. The writing was on the wall once WBA equalised.

Jojo looked out of sorts tonight. Chair seemed to be trying too hard at times which led to him giving the ball away for the second goal. Willock not at the races but perhaps understandable after working so hard against Everton only a couple of days ago.

Not the time to panic and let emotions dictate. Long season ahead with plenty of games to come. Time to get back to winning ways next week.
The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA on 22:19 - Sep 24 with 2131 viewsandrew1302

The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA on 22:12 - Sep 24 by plasmahoop

It is, but I've always thought a defence can play well and concede 2. And tonight we did
I don't want to be 'happy clappy' about it, but we adjusted our style of play tonight, and ultimately it didn't work. But it wasn't far off. If we'd played our normal game, Warburton would have got pelters for tactical naivety. It's a narrow defeat against a side that will be up there. We can't keep losing clearly, but we've got the capability of doing well there

Each of the last three games we probably should of won. Each time unforced errors have lost us 3 points. A howler from Deung tonight completely changed the game and then Chair tried to be clever in the middle of the park. To bust nuts for 80 minutes and then lose when victory seems more likely is very draining for the players. We have to pick up some points very soon to stop this rot. Our defence is not bad it just all of a sudden spends a minute asleep and bang the game is gone. Probably towards bottom half of the table by tomorrow night. I think everyone including the players should stop thinking we are very good and start to do the basics. I simply do not think Deung would have made that mistake a few months ago or Chair would have got clever when he shouldnt of. They need to appreciate that concentration not hype is what matters.
The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA on 22:22 - Sep 24 with 2068 viewsDieByYourSide

Well promotion’s f*cked guess we’ll have to settle for winning the League Cup

Poll: And it's hi ho

The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA on 22:24 - Sep 24 with 2031 viewsgazza1

The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA on 22:19 - Sep 24 by andrew1302

Each of the last three games we probably should of won. Each time unforced errors have lost us 3 points. A howler from Deung tonight completely changed the game and then Chair tried to be clever in the middle of the park. To bust nuts for 80 minutes and then lose when victory seems more likely is very draining for the players. We have to pick up some points very soon to stop this rot. Our defence is not bad it just all of a sudden spends a minute asleep and bang the game is gone. Probably towards bottom half of the table by tomorrow night. I think everyone including the players should stop thinking we are very good and start to do the basics. I simply do not think Deung would have made that mistake a few months ago or Chair would have got clever when he shouldnt of. They need to appreciate that concentration not hype is what matters.

Piss poor keeping...I certainly do not feel sorry for him.
The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA on 22:26 - Sep 24 with 1989 viewsMatch82

The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA on 22:19 - Sep 24 by traininvain

Feel sorry for Dieng. I’ve played in goal and mistakes like that happen sometimes. Not much you can do about it.

Unfortunately that mistake changed the game. WBA barely threatened up until that point and we looked quite comfortable in the second half. The writing was on the wall once WBA equalised.

Jojo looked out of sorts tonight. Chair seemed to be trying too hard at times which led to him giving the ball away for the second goal. Willock not at the races but perhaps understandable after working so hard against Everton only a couple of days ago.

Not the time to panic and let emotions dictate. Long season ahead with plenty of games to come. Time to get back to winning ways next week.

The error happens. He seemed to let it get to him though, fumbled a few he would have taken in his sleep on the ten minute spell afterwards and on another day narrows the angle differently and saves their winner - though I don't think he should get the bulk of the blame for that.

He's still a class act and happy to have him in the side. Hopefully someone has the right kind of word in his ear to give him that confidence back that we saw last season and he, and we, kick on.
Login to get fewer ads

The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA on 22:26 - Sep 24 with 1974 viewsstainrods_elbow

The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA on 22:04 - Sep 24 by PhilmyRs

Just not happening for us at the moment. Last 3 games we’ve been unlucky and have no points to show. I do think having to play Tuesday and tonight was harsh. You could tell the sharper team that hadn’t played midweek. Ultimately though, the reason we lost today was due to a howler from the keeper. Second half, up to that point they didn’t look like scoring so makes it all the more annoying. I like the keeper but he has to ask himself some questions as that was poor. Really poor. Also not sure what happened to Chair after missing that chance second half. Seemed to become a park footballer for the last 10 mins.

Weird comment - we weren't unlucky tonight, not really. We didn't play enough football, or look like we even wanted to, and literally handed them one gift, then were architects of our downfall after that. And as for playing on Tuesday and Friday, give me strength - lots of teams will be doing that, or a Wednesday to Saturday, this season. It's not like midweek football is something pro footballers haven't been doing for decades!

Chair may have a finger pointed at him for their second, but they still had to go from one end to the other and actually he was about the only player who tried to spark things for us at all in that second half, while everyone else seemed to be half-asleep or half-arsed.

What was noticeable was both their goals again came down our right-hand defensive side, which is getting targeted again and again, as neither Kakay nor Moses (who apparently just threw himself to the ground before their equaliser) are, clearly, the answer - or if they are, we're asking the wrong question. Positionally, we are constantly lop-sided, getting dragged about/across and slow to react, and it needs to be dealt with.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 22:41]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA on 22:35 - Sep 24 with 1887 viewsBoston

Oh yeah, not that’ll he’ll care, but I removed Jordan Hugill from my Christmas Card list after that one.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA on 22:35 - Sep 24 with 1887 viewsozexile

I can only assume that Willock is injured cause the Dykes sub is very odd. It was like we went down to 10 after that.
The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA on 22:35 - Sep 24 with 1887 viewsnightwish

I rate Dieng but can remember the stick poor old Joe Lumley used to get when he ever made a mistake.Everyone says we didnt play well but i believe we were on for 3 points before that howler.Todd Kane will be saying i told you i was better than Kakay
The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA on 22:37 - Sep 24 with 1880 viewsPhilmyRs

The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA on 22:26 - Sep 24 by stainrods_elbow

Weird comment - we weren't unlucky tonight, not really. We didn't play enough football, or look like we even wanted to, and literally handed them one gift, then were architects of our downfall after that. And as for playing on Tuesday and Friday, give me strength - lots of teams will be doing that, or a Wednesday to Saturday, this season. It's not like midweek football is something pro footballers haven't been doing for decades!

Chair may have a finger pointed at him for their second, but they still had to go from one end to the other and actually he was about the only player who tried to spark things for us at all in that second half, while everyone else seemed to be half-asleep or half-arsed.

What was noticeable was both their goals again came down our right-hand defensive side, which is getting targeted again and again, as neither Kakay nor Moses (who apparently just threw himself to the ground before their equaliser) are, clearly, the answer - or if they are, we're asking the wrong question. Positionally, we are constantly lop-sided, getting dragged about/across and slow to react, and it needs to be dealt with.

I thought Chair was poor for the last 15, clearly at fault for the goal by not taking care of the ball in a dangerous area but also had a 5 min spell of just losing the ball. I did stress back end of the game he was rubbish, not the whole game.

Playing on a Tuesday night, suffering injuries during the game then playing Friday night away when the opposition has had all week to plan is a massive advantage, to think it’s not is a rather naive statement. Working on patterns of play, maintaining energy levels is so much easier if you have no midweek game to prepare for.

Of course it wasn’t a good performance, we didn’t retain the ball and players lacked composure and panicked but once we’d got to half time they didn’t look like scoring until the keeper gifted them the goal, and it was a gift. Had he not done that, a quiet and frustrated crowd, I’d have backed us to have got at least a point, probably more.
The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA on 22:40 - Sep 24 with 1856 viewsstainrods_elbow

Still second-top Champ scorers, but now only Peterborough and Reading have conceded more. Warburton doesn't seem to be able to get a team right at both ends, and our excellent results at Hull and Middlesborough already seem a painfully long time ago, while we're in danger of undoing so much of our excellent early season work.

I still feel there's a lot to feel optimistic about in this side, and we showed what a lovely footballing team we can be this week, but tonight the players let themselves and us down, and Warnock needs to have the guts to say so. Sadly, we're clearly capable of sprinkling beauty and misery in equal measure. Three wins, three draws and three defeats is mid-table form pretty clearly, so I guess this season could see us bob up, down, or just fly around mediocrely.

If QPR were a ship, we'd have a couple of lovely sails, but the hull would be a colander.

If QPR were a car, we'd be a Triumph Stag - zippy, often thrilling, but with a tendency to catch fire and implode.

Anyone else want to play the 'If QPR . . .' game to make ourselves feel marginally better?
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 22:44]

The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA on 23:00 - Sep 24 with 1741 viewsManinBlack

I am not clear as to why playing Tuesday and Friday is any different to playing Wednesday and Saturday. You could argue by playing at 8pm we got an extra 5 hours of rest compared to a team playing Wednesday night and starting 3pm Saturday.

If we want a cup run then this is what happens as our opponents were out so had a week off. Wait until next seasons farce when we start the season late July in the championship if we lose the May play offs. Then the season will go on a break from 13 November but Southgate and Co will probably want to play a couple of friendlies before the WC. This could see us lose some players before 13 November if any friendlies take place.

Then when everyone gets back they are expected to play on Boxing Day rather than wait for the new year. It is widely expected that for much of next season we will be playing Saturday , Wednesday, Saturday until May subject to Sky. So if we are complaining now about the schedule it will be much worse next season with the WC break. Not having a great deal of depth will hit us hard in 2022.

Tonight just seems to be another example of how we lose to West Brom regularly like we do to Brizzle. We have an unfortunate knack of conceding late to these sides even if they are below par.

Last season the auto promotion favourites were Bournemouth, Norwich and Watford yet we picked up 5 points away to them. This season it is Bournemouth, West Brom and Fulham and we are in line for nil away points. Nice football shame about the results this season and my concern now is if confidence wanes and injuries increase and we will be left with too much to do.
The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA on 23:29 - Sep 24 with 1659 viewsstainrods_elbow

Many teams will play on a Saturday after a Wednesday match (or a Friday after a Tuesday) this season, and still turn in creditable performances and pick up victories. We also supposedly freshened it back up tonight, with four changes and our captain all back in pretty much our strongest team. It's looking for excuses, as I see it, in a way that plays into the hands of a culture of the 'nearly club' that's been in the DNA of QPR for decades, and sponsors failure.

The ongoing injuries and recoverees are already concerning: Dykes, Charlie, Field, Wallace, McCallum and now possibly Jojo. If we lost one or more of Willock, Chair or Dickie, say, for a period, I'd be pretty worried. I don't know if it's just me, but we always seem to suffer here.

The players need to regroup and the coaching staff need to have a think after tonight. As for our schedule, the games do come thick and fast, but as far as I'm aware, we only play four more games at this level than in days gone by, and with a lot more players and subs, much better fitness training, and on far superior pitches. Unfortunately, the culture changes, and people tend to complain a lot more about a lot less in football as in many walks of life, so there is a tendency for managers, players and fans themselves to blame sub-par performances on many things that have in many ways got much easier for footballers, who themselves tend to be much more precious about everything, while the fans in turn expect less, since culture is contagious. The idea that one or two appear to have that, because we play a single cup game in midweek, we can't be too surprised at feeling so deflated tonight because 'that's what a cup run means' (not even in the quarter finals yet, by the way - we've played three games) is actually a bit embarrassing.

Top players want to be top players all the time, as John Sillett once spluttered, and they are.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2021 23:32]

The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA on 23:33 - Sep 24 with 1650 viewsBazzeR

Those Three points were there for the taking tonight but our game management let us down at a crucial time when West Brom looked out of ideas.

I also found it a strange decision to bring on another striker alongside Gray when our possession and accuracy of pass was so neglected on the night.
The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA on 14:37 - Sep 25 with 1266 viewsPinnerPaul

The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA on 20:57 - Sep 24 by johncharles

I do like to hear the home fans booing their own team 😆

Not on Tuesday though I hope!
The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA on 14:51 - Sep 25 with 1248 viewsPinnerPaul

The Will Nobody Think Of The Fans Match Thread vs WBA on 22:15 - Sep 24 by Greenbay

We've been punished again for simple errors.
Last week it was Dickie - caught in possession.
And then there was the de Wijs slip against Bristol City.
This time it was Seny's own goal - having saved the shot at the near post.
And then - recovering - he palmed the ball into the net.
And that was followed by Chair caught in possession which led to West Brom's winner.
It's such a shame.
But as in all professional sport - make simple errors - and you are severely punished.

We have a great bunch of lads in our team with lots of talent.
Gray's goal after just 45 seconds was so well taken.
We play a brand of football that we love - although tonight was a 'backs to the wall' effort.
And it seemed enough as West Brom were going nowhere.
This was not the QPR that we usually see - week in and week out.
But there was a strong resilience which was pleasing.
And of course let's give credit to the opposition.
They're going to finish at the top - or close to the top of the tree.
But our team is a good one.
And we do have the skills.
I'm still confident of a top 6 finish.
But it's going to be tough if we gift opponents - as if Christmas had already arrived.

Johnston gifted us ours as well tbf
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024