Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Petrol queues. 13:36 - Sep 25 with 27356 viewsSnipper

Bloody big queue at the petrol station today.

When will these tossers learn that it’s the media scaremongering?

Anyway, nearly 2 hours in a queue, and I didn’t even want any bloody petrol. I only wanted this months version of Razzle and a packet of tissues.

That’s me sorted for the weekend. 😜😜
Petrol queues. on 11:20 - Sep 26 with 2609 viewsQPRSteve

Petrol queues. on 16:13 - Sep 25 by ted_hendrix

If tosspots stopped reading tosspot media's unnecessary tosspot panic tosspot panic reporting there wouldn't be a problem in the first place.

I have it on good authority that there are only 17 turkeys left in the country as we speak, therefore you can forget a turkey Christmas dinner this year, bread and dripping all round providing we don't have a shortage of flour delivery drivers.

Get in the queue quick, just get in the queue before there's a shortage of queues.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Ffood.fnr.sndimg.com%2Fcontent

Only 16 now. Yummy!
Petrol queues. on 11:20 - Sep 26 with 2607 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Petrol queues. on 10:48 - Sep 26 by MelakaRanger

My EV charges at a cost of just 5p per kw. If I charge for 4 hours at night that puts about 25kws into the car. Thats a total cost of £1.25 and enough for about 100 miles of driving.

Repeat each night if and when required.

If you do about 8000 miles per year in your EV it need only cost you a total of about £8 per month in fuel cost. This tariff is available to all who have a SMETS2 smart meter.

Of course if you have solar at home it will cost you even less (between April and September I am able to fuel my EV totally free)

I suspect that current events will boost EV sales even further - despite the recent hikes in electricity costs

Expect the oaf to claim it was his master plan all along!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Petrol queues. on 11:23 - Sep 26 with 2598 viewsnix

At what point do we think the panic buyers will have filled up their eleventy billion fuel cans and it's safe to try and fill up my tank?
Petrol queues. on 13:03 - Sep 26 with 2464 viewskensalriser

Wonder when we'll see the first story of a tragic accident involving fuel in jerry cans.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Petrol queues. on 13:14 - Sep 26 with 2442 viewsdistortR

Petrol queues. on 13:03 - Sep 26 by kensalriser

Wonder when we'll see the first story of a tragic accident involving fuel in jerry cans.

so you criticise brexit but then the tragic accident will be the Germans fault?

Talk about having your cake and eating it................

Petrol queues. on 13:27 - Sep 26 with 2412 viewsMetallica_Hoop

There was a massive queue to get into the one by South Ealing station at 8am this morning, traffic was at a standstill.
If I'd have been on one of those buses stuck it it I'd have been a tad irate.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Petrol queues. on 14:11 - Sep 26 with 2355 viewsBoston

The problem with truck drivers is the class system...er comrade.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Petrol queues. on 14:47 - Sep 26 with 2308 viewsbaz_qpr

Bizarre blaming the BBC , the only reason there is no petrol or diesel and every petrol station has sold out, is because there are a lot of selfish fckwits in this country who have spent the last few days queuing up with half a tank already in their car. Same reason no one could get toilet paper at the start of lockdown.

The supply chain is now disrupted and it will take a couple of weeks to get back to normal
Login to get fewer ads

Petrol queues. on 14:47 - Sep 26 with 2307 viewscolinallcars

I filled up at Sainsbury's this morning and the bloke in front of me filled TWO cigarette lighters.
Selfish b'stard.
Petrol queues. on 15:18 - Sep 26 with 2271 viewswelwynranger

Was queuing for about 40 minutes.Had about 30 cars in front of me. A woman came out with a sign saying No Diesel. 15 cars turned out of the queue. Result
Petrol queues. on 15:57 - Sep 26 with 2219 viewsR_from_afar

Petrol queues. on 10:36 - Sep 26 by distortR

ok.
I haven't got thousands for a new car
I haven't got off-road parking, so running power cables across the pavement might be problematic
geopolitics and ethics in mining for cobalt and lithium?

My vote goes to a free and excellent public transport system.

I agree with you about the public transport system and the fact that not everyone can afford an electric vehicle or have a charging point, although leasing an EV might be affordable.

Re. lithium and cobalt, there is a long way to go in terms of mining them in a green and ethical way but extracting fossil fuels in many cases causes a lot of damage to the environment plus those two minerals are present in laptops, tablets, smartphones*, lawn mowers, toothbrushes, power tools...

*But only ethically sourced stuff is in a Fairfone

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Petrol queues. on 16:22 - Sep 26 with 2174 viewsPinnerPaul

Petrol queues. on 11:23 - Sep 26 by nix

At what point do we think the panic buyers will have filled up their eleventy billion fuel cans and it's safe to try and fill up my tank?

Yes I was thinking that, unlike toilet rolls, you can't hoard petrol!
Petrol queues. on 16:25 - Sep 26 with 2166 viewsBoston

Petrol queues. on 16:22 - Sep 26 by PinnerPaul

Yes I was thinking that, unlike toilet rolls, you can't hoard petrol!

...unless your last names opec.

Petrol queues. on 16:25 - Sep 26 with 2169 viewsdistortR

Petrol queues. on 15:57 - Sep 26 by R_from_afar

I agree with you about the public transport system and the fact that not everyone can afford an electric vehicle or have a charging point, although leasing an EV might be affordable.

Re. lithium and cobalt, there is a long way to go in terms of mining them in a green and ethical way but extracting fossil fuels in many cases causes a lot of damage to the environment plus those two minerals are present in laptops, tablets, smartphones*, lawn mowers, toothbrushes, power tools...

*But only ethically sourced stuff is in a Fairfone

absolutely on the environmental and geopolitical consequences on our thirst for fossil fuels.

I'm just not convinced that electric cars are as green as they are made out to be - less polluting over their lifespan then petrol cars certainly, although I'm not sure at what point you discard your old car for a new one in an environmental sense - the ' earth cost' of manufacture and disposal. But green? Nah.
Petrol queues. on 18:42 - Sep 26 with 2047 viewsGloryHunter

Petrol queues. on 19:40 - Sep 25 by collegeranger

Looks like a leak from an internal BP memo saying that due to driver sickness and lack of agency drivers " a few service stations" would face a delay of 24 hours for delivery! Next thing BBC get hold of it and its the lead story on Thursday's lunchtime news with a BP spoke person asked if the some service stations "could" run out of fuel? The response was "its possible". Next thing mass wa nkery to get fuel!
BBC have form for this at the start of the pandemic when they reported that Australia was running short of toilet paper ! That sparked the bog roll wa nkery!

I truly hope that parliament looks at these and X-bench enquiry happens as this isn't about curbing freedom of speech its sensationalising and about the lefty BBC editors stirring sh1t up to have a go at the government by deliberately creating a panic - disgraceful.

The BP memo was first reported on ITV News, not BBC. https://www.itv.com/news/2021-09-23/hgv-driver-shortage-bp-poised-to-ration-fuel

Sorry to spoil your BBC bashing. Once the ITV had made it "news" then what was the BBC supposed to do - not tell anyone about what was going on?
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 11:48]
Petrol queues. on 20:39 - Sep 26 with 1877 viewsBlackCrowe

Petrol queues. on 18:42 - Sep 26 by GloryHunter

The BP memo was first reported on ITV News, not BBC. https://www.itv.com/news/2021-09-23/hgv-driver-shortage-bp-poised-to-ration-fuel

Sorry to spoil your BBC bashing. Once the ITV had made it "news" then what was the BBC supposed to do - not tell anyone about what was going on?
[Post edited 27 Sep 2021 11:48]

Don't care who reported first, but this is totally the media's fault (plus the saps that get suckered in by it who don't really need fuel for work etc). Without the sensationalism, there'd be no panic buying and minimal fuel disruption imo.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Petrol queues. on 21:26 - Sep 26 with 1779 viewsGloryHunter

Petrol queues. on 20:39 - Sep 26 by BlackCrowe

Don't care who reported first, but this is totally the media's fault (plus the saps that get suckered in by it who don't really need fuel for work etc). Without the sensationalism, there'd be no panic buying and minimal fuel disruption imo.

"totally the media's fault". Yeah? Nothing to do with government policy at all? Not even a tiny little bit? Does this government not have any control over what happens in the UK, then?
Petrol queues. on 21:33 - Sep 26 with 1768 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Petrol queues. on 20:39 - Sep 26 by BlackCrowe

Totally agree. The only problem is the panic buying. There wouldn't be a crisis otherwise. I just walked down the road near me and there's a queue for the garage completely blocking the road. Coupled with the ltns in the area meaning there's nowhere for the traffic to go. Buses, taxis can't get through etc. Sunday night. It's mental.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Petrol queues. on 21:33 - Sep 26 with 1768 viewsLythamR

Petrol queues. on 21:26 - Sep 26 by GloryHunter

"totally the media's fault". Yeah? Nothing to do with government policy at all? Not even a tiny little bit? Does this government not have any control over what happens in the UK, then?

We can offload part of the blame on Covid but fundamentally it is us the people of this country who are culpable for this situation.
Petrol queues. on 21:39 - Sep 26 with 1751 viewsCiderwithRsie

Petrol queues. on 11:23 - Sep 26 by nix

You drive a tank?
Petrol queues. on 22:24 - Sep 26 with 1675 viewsnix

Petrol queues. on 21:39 - Sep 26 by CiderwithRsie

You drive a tank?

You can only imagine...it's a tough neighbourhood in Hampton Wick 🤣
Petrol queues. on 23:25 - Sep 26 with 1566 viewsBoston

'ere Nix, having worked in Atlanta and er used your fine 'relieving' service....
[Post edited 26 Sep 2021 23:26]

Petrol queues. on 23:31 - Sep 26 with 1560 viewsnix

Petrol queues. on 23:25 - Sep 26 by Boston

'ere Nix, having worked in Atlanta and er used your fine 'relieving' service....
[Post edited 26 Sep 2021 23:26]

That's brilliant Boston! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 🤣
Petrol queues. on 23:38 - Sep 26 with 1542 viewsBoston

Petrol queues. on 23:31 - Sep 26 by nix

That's brilliant Boston! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 🤣

Only in America...

Petrol queues. on 10:40 - Sep 27 with 1295 viewsGloryHunter

Petrol queues. on 21:33 - Sep 26 by LythamR

We can offload part of the blame on Covid but fundamentally it is us the people of this country who are culpable for this situation.

So if only there were no BBC, and no people, everything would be great!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024