Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Training ground 18:14 - Sep 27 with 6933 viewsloftboy

Planning permission approved apparently, great news.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Training ground on 10:07 - Sep 30 with 2408 viewsNorthernr

Bond launches today...

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-x-tifosy-300921/
Training ground on 10:22 - Sep 30 with 2343 viewswombat

Training ground on 10:07 - Sep 30 by Northernr

Bond launches today...

seems like a decent deal presume u can use any money earnt on next years season ticket ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Training ground on 10:46 - Sep 30 with 2210 viewsozexile

Bond launches today...

Seems very good? 8% P.A . Can't get more than 1.00% at the bank.
Training ground on 10:57 - Sep 30 with 2148 viewsNorthernr

Training ground on 10:46 - Sep 30 by ozexile

Big night in the Crown with that 25% promotion bonus if it comes through too!
Training ground on 11:02 - Sep 30 with 2110 views89_50

Training ground on 10:46 - Sep 30 by ozexile

I'm intrigued and have pre-registered. Looks like it's a 5% interest in cash and 3% in club credit (would be useful if it can be spent on season tickets). Handy it can be done as part of ISA contribution. I assume it's safer than Chris Wright's share issue?
Training ground on 11:05 - Sep 30 with 2092 viewsLythamR

Training ground on 10:22 - Sep 30 by wombat

seems like a decent deal presume u can use any money earnt on next years season ticket ?

Needs clarifying, it says redeemable against merchandise and "home matchday tickets". you could probably argue that one either way because a ST is not a home matchday ticket in the strictest sense

if they are included then a 20k investment would get you your loft upper ST at least until the prices go up if we are promoted but then you would have a nice bonus to cover it

of course it is an unsecured investment so it could all go to shit!
Training ground on 11:08 - Sep 30 with 2079 viewsdmm

Bond launches today...

Strangely on the same date as the new James BOND film, No Time to Die.

Coincidence? Perhaps not
Training ground on 11:12 - Sep 30 with 2051 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Anyone got a link to the actual page for pre-registering for our scheme?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Training ground on 11:25 - Sep 30 with 1993 viewsBklynRanger

Anyone got say 5 grand I can borrow? I'm good for it, honest.
Training ground on 11:26 - Sep 30 with 1990 viewsAntti_Heinola

https://www.tifosy.com/en/raises/pre-register-for-the-qpr-bond?utm_campaign=QPR&

THERE YOU GO!

Bare bones.

Training ground on 11:36 - Sep 30 with 1953 viewsEsox_Lucius

Training ground on 11:26 - Sep 30 by Antti_Heinola

https://www.tifosy.com/en/raises/pre-register-for-the-qpr-bond?utm_campaign=QPR&

THERE YOU GO!

I would be interested in DWQPR's view on this.

The grass is always greener.

Training ground on 11:37 - Sep 30 with 1942 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Training ground on 11:26 - Sep 30 by Antti_Heinola

THERE YOU GO!

Thanks Antti!

I've pre-registered for now.

I'll read up on it more later.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Training ground on 14:08 - Sep 30 with 1778 viewsDWQPR

Training ground on 11:36 - Sep 30 by Esox_Lucius

I would be interested in DWQPR's view on this.

I haven't had a chance to look at the prospectus but what needs to be remembered is that when buying something that is technically a fixed interest product you are not buying any assets within a company, instead you are buying debt. Bonds are tradeable products and the initial value of the bond can go down as well as up. So although the value of the interest offered is indeed extremely attractive compared to other cash alternatives and other fixed interest offerings that are available nowadays, (check the current yield on the UK Gilt rate for 15years), anyone considering should make sure that they fully understand what they are investing into and whether they can afford to lose capital or not and balanced against either having a bit of fun or indeed helping out the team that they love. Generally, if interest rates increase by 1%, bond values would look to fall around 10% and given where we currently are in the interest rate cycle and whether the current spike in inflation is indeed a short term blip caused as a result of the pandemic is something to be aware of. For me investment is all about using your head and not following your heart. But that's me.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Training ground on 14:57 - Sep 30 with 1709 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Training ground on 18:30 - Sep 28 by CamberleyR

I hope he's got the condiments ready with his hat.

That was Warren Farm which proved a correct call.

No hat eating was promised on this one.
Training ground on 15:18 - Sep 30 with 1682 viewsstowmarketrange

Training ground on 11:05 - Sep 30 by LythamR

Needs clarifying, it says redeemable against merchandise and "home matchday tickets". you could probably argue that one either way because a ST is not a home matchday ticket in the strictest sense

if they are included then a 20k investment would get you your loft upper ST at least until the prices go up if we are promoted but then you would have a nice bonus to cover it

of course it is an unsecured investment so it could all go to shit!

So by my reckoning an investment of £10k gets you a free oap season ticket for 5 years,plus £2.5k interest and a 25% bonus if we get promoted,which would pay another £2.5k.
Not bad if you have the money spare.
Training ground on 15:25 - Sep 30 with 1662 viewsPinnerPaul

Training ground on 15:18 - Sep 30 by stowmarketrange

So by my reckoning an investment of £10k gets you a free oap season ticket for 5 years,plus £2.5k interest and a 25% bonus if we get promoted,which would pay another £2.5k.
Not bad if you have the money spare.

"COULD get you..........."

Don't invest with money you need for something else would seem common sense advice.
Training ground on 17:04 - Oct 1 with 1454 viewsEsox_Lucius

It appears that work has just begun.

The grass is always greener.

Training ground on 17:35 - Oct 1 with 1389 viewsdmm

Hoos says 500 people have already 'subscribed' to the Bond which is pretty encouraging.
Training ground on 18:45 - Oct 1 with 1299 viewsQPR_Jim

Training ground on 17:04 - Oct 1 by Esox_Lucius

It appears that work has just begun.

That's good to see, seems hopeful about getting everyone over there at some point next season.
Training ground on 11:18 - Oct 2 with 1076 viewsPinnerPaul

Training ground on 17:35 - Oct 1 by dmm

Hoos says 500 people have already 'subscribed' to the Bond which is pretty encouraging.

I was puzzled by that - assume he means 'registered an interest' - not possible to have actually paid any money yet is it?
Training ground on 19:54 - Oct 2 with 931 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Nice to see some diggers on site. Now get to work, boys.
Training ground on 20:00 - Oct 2 with 913 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Training ground on 14:08 - Sep 30 by DWQPR

I haven't had a chance to look at the prospectus but what needs to be remembered is that when buying something that is technically a fixed interest product you are not buying any assets within a company, instead you are buying debt. Bonds are tradeable products and the initial value of the bond can go down as well as up. So although the value of the interest offered is indeed extremely attractive compared to other cash alternatives and other fixed interest offerings that are available nowadays, (check the current yield on the UK Gilt rate for 15years), anyone considering should make sure that they fully understand what they are investing into and whether they can afford to lose capital or not and balanced against either having a bit of fun or indeed helping out the team that they love. Generally, if interest rates increase by 1%, bond values would look to fall around 10% and given where we currently are in the interest rate cycle and whether the current spike in inflation is indeed a short term blip caused as a result of the pandemic is something to be aware of. For me investment is all about using your head and not following your heart. But that's me.

Putting the rate of interest and inflation to one side for a moment, I'd like to better understand the risk to capital. If one, for example, invests £1,000, then with all things being equal will that person receive £1,000 back in 5 years time or does the value of the underlying investment fluctuate?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024