Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taxi for Nuno 10:16 - Nov 1 with 4103 viewsloftboy

That went well.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Taxi for Nuno on 10:18 - Nov 1 with 2862 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I wonder how much he made in that 6 months or so he was there
Taxi for Nuno on 10:20 - Nov 1 with 2832 viewsStanisgod

Hilarious.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Taxi for Nuno on 10:23 - Nov 1 with 2819 viewsLanhoop

Very funny. After two wrong manager appointments and the clear mismanagement of the Kane situation you would think someone would finally be asking some difficult questions of Levy?
Taxi for Nuno on 10:29 - Nov 1 with 2782 viewsPhildo

Barnsley bloke chopped as well
Taxi for Nuno on 10:33 - Nov 1 with 2759 viewsMalintabuk

Taxi for Nuno on 10:23 - Nov 1 by Lanhoop

Very funny. After two wrong manager appointments and the clear mismanagement of the Kane situation you would think someone would finally be asking some difficult questions of Levy?

Spot on post. I thought he was a decent manager and got Wolves to where they are now, I guess he was not "sexy" enough for Levy
Total farce with the Kane situation which is doing both the club and him no favours I have always admired Levy in the way he stood his ground, but there is a lot of water gone under the bridge since how you can deal with players.
Kane situation is not the same as Bale
So in rides Conte
Taxi for Nuno on 10:37 - Nov 1 with 2726 viewsRed_Ranger

Got to be Conte
Taxi for Nuno on 10:56 - Nov 1 with 2646 viewsJuzzie

Crazy. I know things haven't been as expected but just two wins in that run and they'd be 3rd. It's not as though they are at the foot of the table. Look at how Arsenal have turned it around. It's still early in the season when clubs can rise (or drop) quickly. Tables don't start settling down until the new year.

I don't know what their player acquisitions have been like but how much is the new stadium held back player purchases? If by some degree then that has to be taken into account I'd thought.
Taxi for Nuno on 11:03 - Nov 1 with 2605 viewsLongsufferingR

Taxi for Nuno on 10:29 - Nov 1 by Phildo

Barnsley bloke chopped as well

There'll be a few famous faces in the Schopp window for that one.
Login to get fewer ads

Taxi for Nuno on 11:04 - Nov 1 with 2592 viewsMrSheen

I heard from my Palace insider that when he interviewed there, he told them what players he wanted to buy, but when he was asked how they would fit with what they had already and how they would be expected to play together, he had nothing to say. The Palace board were taken aback at how little effort he appeared to have put into his application and turned him down. Weird to think that Levy was so careless.
Taxi for Nuno on 11:13 - Nov 1 with 2567 viewsKonk

So predictable. Panic appointment because none of their original 384 targets were interested and time was running out. They’ve been even duller than under Mourinho, clearly not improving and with Levy being so unpopular and Keane having gone to pot, they’re not a happy bunch at the moment. People spending £1k+ on season tickets expect to at least be occasionally entertained.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Taxi for Nuno on 11:49 - Nov 1 with 2442 viewsRangersDave

Perfect job for Shotknees i'd have thought.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Taxi for Nuno on 12:08 - Nov 1 with 2372 viewsRs_Holy

Taxi for Nuno on 11:49 - Nov 1 by RangersDave

Perfect job for Shotknees i'd have thought.

Fentastic!
Taxi for Nuno on 12:24 - Nov 1 with 2312 viewsdmm

Taxi for Nuno on 10:56 - Nov 1 by Juzzie

Crazy. I know things haven't been as expected but just two wins in that run and they'd be 3rd. It's not as though they are at the foot of the table. Look at how Arsenal have turned it around. It's still early in the season when clubs can rise (or drop) quickly. Tables don't start settling down until the new year.

I don't know what their player acquisitions have been like but how much is the new stadium held back player purchases? If by some degree then that has to be taken into account I'd thought.

Jonathan Wilson's article in the Guardian today is headed "Spurs have one of the great stadiums and all it cost them was the team".
Taxi for Nuno on 13:01 - Nov 1 with 2172 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Taxi for Nuno on 12:24 - Nov 1 by dmm

Jonathan Wilson's article in the Guardian today is headed "Spurs have one of the great stadiums and all it cost them was the team".

...stay at Loftus Road then?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Taxi for Nuno on 13:01 - Nov 1 with 2167 viewsLazyFan

Should have cashed in on Kane, now they will never get £120m for him.
With that money, they could have done a Palace, rebuilt the squad.

Seems Levy has lost the golden touch and now the next manager will be a biggie. Especially as a lot of English managers are waiting for after the WC when Southgate resigns in the vain hope they get the call.

zzzzzzzzzz

Taxi for Nuno on 13:50 - Nov 1 with 2008 viewsstrikerace

Poch must be sitting home with a pint laughing
Taxi for Nuno on 14:06 - Nov 1 with 1970 viewsvanrrrr

went along Saturday with my cousin who has season tickets there - very reasonable at 1300 quid a pop!

No surprise - they were awful, absolutely no idea what their plan was and the abuse from the stands started as soon as Ronny scored - players at the end shouted off.

Amazing stadium mind you
Taxi for Nuno on 14:30 - Nov 1 with 1889 viewskensalriser

Taxi for Nuno on 13:01 - Nov 1 by LazyFan

Should have cashed in on Kane, now they will never get £120m for him.
With that money, they could have done a Palace, rebuilt the squad.

Seems Levy has lost the golden touch and now the next manager will be a biggie. Especially as a lot of English managers are waiting for after the WC when Southgate resigns in the vain hope they get the call.

How does anyone know when Southgate will resign?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Taxi for Nuno on 15:33 - Nov 1 with 1809 viewsBerkoRanger

Sacking the manager when the team is 8th in the Premiership. Wow - how the other half lives!
Just waiting for Conte to be ready to sign, only to be offered twice the salary by Man Utd.......only for Newcastle to double that offer!
Long live Fantasy Football.
Taxi for Nuno on 15:55 - Nov 1 with 1763 viewsbosh67

It does seem to have been a real mess under his management having spoken to a few Spurs fans but not sure he inherited a squad that was ready to push on with a few waning to leave so it was never going to be easy for him. Conte obviously would do a job there I guess. Nuno certainly is better than he has shown there.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Taxi for Nuno on 15:57 - Nov 1 with 1759 viewsManinBlack

I think the problem was they have lost 3-0 on three occasions and when it is against their main rivals Arsenal and West Ham the manager loses the fans. On top of that not having a shot against United at home on the back of their 5-0 drubbing was the final straw.

I thought he did a great job at Wolves but I suppose it is like players, some clubs you do well at and others you don't.
Taxi for Nuno on 16:00 - Nov 1 with 1750 viewsJuzzie

Taxi for Nuno on 15:33 - Nov 1 by BerkoRanger

Sacking the manager when the team is 8th in the Premiership. Wow - how the other half lives!
Just waiting for Conte to be ready to sign, only to be offered twice the salary by Man Utd.......only for Newcastle to double that offer!
Long live Fantasy Football.

Feels to me like another bunch of self entitled fans, much like West Ham.

Both clubs clamouring for a new ground and get one. Then want more, more, always more.
Things have been poisonous at West Ham for a few years. Now they are starting to make a decent fist of it but seems to me there was no patience at all.

Spurs fans need to take a step back, few years of consolidation whilst the finances for the ground sorts itself out.
Taxi for Nuno on 16:34 - Nov 1 with 1685 viewsSimplyNico

Another person or thing with a misplaced sense of self-importance, much like Stroud.

A guy I work with keeps going on about how Deloitte rank them as the 8th biggest club in the world by turnover. When it is pointed out that they last won something when Moses was a boy, his comment is that it doesn't matter. It does if you want to attract the best.

Whilst in the recent past Levy has done wonders for them financially, they now have a problem with him in that they have a bit of an aging and, frankly, sh it, squad for what they are trying to achieve and it will not be resolved by him trying to screw people in every deal they try to do.

They have now decided that the 89th manager on their list isn't good enough. Conte won't go there to be screwed financially by Levy. He could get Pep money at Newcastle, and an open cheque book, albeit it will take at least six transfer windows to build a Champions League team (assuming they don't get relegated this year, which is a pretty big assumption at the moment). Why would Conte want the financial strait jacket that Spurs would present?
Taxi for Nuno on 16:49 - Nov 1 with 1624 viewsMaggsinho

Taxi for Nuno on 16:34 - Nov 1 by SimplyNico

Another person or thing with a misplaced sense of self-importance, much like Stroud.

A guy I work with keeps going on about how Deloitte rank them as the 8th biggest club in the world by turnover. When it is pointed out that they last won something when Moses was a boy, his comment is that it doesn't matter. It does if you want to attract the best.

Whilst in the recent past Levy has done wonders for them financially, they now have a problem with him in that they have a bit of an aging and, frankly, sh it, squad for what they are trying to achieve and it will not be resolved by him trying to screw people in every deal they try to do.

They have now decided that the 89th manager on their list isn't good enough. Conte won't go there to be screwed financially by Levy. He could get Pep money at Newcastle, and an open cheque book, albeit it will take at least six transfer windows to build a Champions League team (assuming they don't get relegated this year, which is a pretty big assumption at the moment). Why would Conte want the financial strait jacket that Spurs would present?

Conte to be announced tomorrow supposedly. I'd imagine they've agreed to his demands and decided to open up some funds for him.
Taxi for Nuno on 16:56 - Nov 1 with 1605 viewsSimplyNico

Having looked at this again, I think you are right, this being a job he turned down in the summer.

This will cost Spuds a lot of money
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024