Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies 14:40 - Nov 6 with 24768 viewsdenhamhoop2

The Blackpool match Thread following on from Clives Shawshank Quote
Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:24 - Nov 6 with 1775 viewsMalintabuk

And breathe....have to say don't think we have been so out played in 45 minutes this season. And yet we go in one up..... glad to say that there is no justice in football
Apart from the Willock goal can't really think of anyone that is having a good game, we are definitely playing on character tonight
Said in my OP that I thought the CM was light weight and both Amos and Dozzell have been non existent.
Agree above think we need to get Ball on to add a bit of grit in there
Really hard to moan about this as we have been outplayed and are still leading, go figure?
Hope this is one of those how on earth did we win that type of games. Could be like an Alamo 2nd half
Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:24 - Nov 6 with 1770 viewsnumptydumpty

Wow

The rub of the green going our way in this one so far.

Pretty average performance so far.

Could easily be two down ie disallowed goal and penalty decision.

But wonder goal from nowhere and we go in one up.

This is where we need to capitalise.

If we going get into a play off position end of season, these type games where we been lucky, we need to pick up three points.

Think we will improve second half...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:26 - Nov 6 with 1708 viewsNoelmc

Just hope the ref doesn't watch the "offside goal" at half-time and give a "make-up" call in the second half.
Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:27 - Nov 6 with 1684 viewsessextaxiboy

Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 17:58 - Nov 6 by charmr

Anyone else getting tired of backwards and sideways football in general.

Couple of times we have overloads and send it back.

Goal, still not a fan.

Nope ..we always score . Its not as if we just push it around with no cut to our play ..
Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:27 - Nov 6 with 1678 viewsdavman

Happy to get to half time with a lead. They have pressed us, but not (yet) been clinical - Sky commentators can go on about how much "better" the stats say Blackpool are than us, but you are not going to win if you can't get shots on target.

That said, lovely to see a genuinely shocking display by the officials in our favour - maybe these things do balance themselves out after all. They had a perfectly good goal cancelled out and it was a blatant pen. Obubajo is playing like he did at Middlesbrough; will not be surprised to see him get a second yellow - looks like a time bomb there.

Amos' touch has been pretty poor generally today. People have suggested this is made for Dom Ball. Has everyone forgotten how much of an upgrade Sam Field is? He is on the bench and I'd like to see him for Amos at HT.

Next goal all important here I think...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:29 - Nov 6 with 1636 viewsHunterhoop

Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:24 - Nov 6 by Malintabuk

And breathe....have to say don't think we have been so out played in 45 minutes this season. And yet we go in one up..... glad to say that there is no justice in football
Apart from the Willock goal can't really think of anyone that is having a good game, we are definitely playing on character tonight
Said in my OP that I thought the CM was light weight and both Amos and Dozzell have been non existent.
Agree above think we need to get Ball on to add a bit of grit in there
Really hard to moan about this as we have been outplayed and are still leading, go figure?
Hope this is one of those how on earth did we win that type of games. Could be like an Alamo 2nd half

Err… Barnsley at home first half? Fulham both halves? Coventry first half? WBA second half? Bournemouth first half.

We’ve been thoroughly out played in quite a few halves…as we have today.

Seny looks wobbly at these set pieces, and the two central midfielders have got to get more control in the middle. Amos is just miles off the pace currently and getting caught far too high and out of the game. Moses needs to step it up too. Bowler has him on toast, and his positioning in open play is too high and narrow.
Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:29 - Nov 6 with 1627 viewseastside_r

Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:27 - Nov 6 by davman

Happy to get to half time with a lead. They have pressed us, but not (yet) been clinical - Sky commentators can go on about how much "better" the stats say Blackpool are than us, but you are not going to win if you can't get shots on target.

That said, lovely to see a genuinely shocking display by the officials in our favour - maybe these things do balance themselves out after all. They had a perfectly good goal cancelled out and it was a blatant pen. Obubajo is playing like he did at Middlesbrough; will not be surprised to see him get a second yellow - looks like a time bomb there.

Amos' touch has been pretty poor generally today. People have suggested this is made for Dom Ball. Has everyone forgotten how much of an upgrade Sam Field is? He is on the bench and I'd like to see him for Amos at HT.

Next goal all important here I think...

To be fair Blackpool were much better than us.
Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:30 - Nov 6 with 1583 viewsBklynRanger

Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:21 - Nov 6 by Toast_R

You think it might be a confidence thing with Willock? Clearly has the ability but it seems to be only when he's sure enough in himself to do it.

I think he's a fantastic little player but question is, does he think so?

Absolutely. I'm not even 100% that goal didn't start out a cross to dykes and either fate or his subconscious took over.
Login to get fewer ads

Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:31 - Nov 6 with 1567 viewscharmr

Not A fan of this modern football trend that’s all, and it is simply that ‘a trend’
Not an advocate of long ball either. When teams are out of shape the key is to capitalize, take advantage and create overloads etc. A few times we had players isolated for a simple play and instead we went back 20yds. Hurt teams with the ball rather then help them get set up which teams can do in their sleep. I feel we don’t take advantage enough therefore always needing a 2nd goal each game.

One bit of individual magic and on the back foot since.

Thank you for the award😃
Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:31 - Nov 6 with 1567 viewsMyke

Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:23 - Nov 6 by strikerace

1-0 at half, I'll take it. We've done little besides Willocks strike, and Blackpool should have at least 1 goal. Also easily could have gotten a penalty too

Disagree. Not arguing that Blackpool have put us under some serious pressure. However, we have played some lovely one touch football ourselves. Chair is on fire and Amos and Dozzell have worked hard considering it is their first time together in the league. Only concerns are that Dieng looking shaky which could be a wind thing and that it looks like one game too many for Uncle - he looks shattered
Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:33 - Nov 6 with 1489 viewsTomS

Maybe I'm just showing my age, but everytime I hear the commentator call out "Dougall" I half expect it to be followed up with Florence or Zebedee.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2021 18:46]
Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:35 - Nov 6 with 1440 viewsOldPedro

Typical Championship game - home side making most of the running and away team taking their chance.

Good to see Moses subbed at half time as I think he was likely to get sent off

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:36 - Nov 6 with 1439 viewsQPRSteve

Kakay on for Moses
Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:36 - Nov 6 with 1439 viewsMalintabuk

Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:29 - Nov 6 by Hunterhoop

Err… Barnsley at home first half? Fulham both halves? Coventry first half? WBA second half? Bournemouth first half.

We’ve been thoroughly out played in quite a few halves…as we have today.

Seny looks wobbly at these set pieces, and the two central midfielders have got to get more control in the middle. Amos is just miles off the pace currently and getting caught far too high and out of the game. Moses needs to step it up too. Bowler has him on toast, and his positioning in open play is too high and narrow.

Don't think as bad as that in any of those matches to be honest
Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:36 - Nov 6 with 1436 viewsVancouverHoop

Seny looks wobbly at these set pieces,

Yeah. Right at the start the DAzN comm, (I don't think it's the same guy as Sky's) said "Dieng has his critics." I thought, "Well I haven't heard them." Now I think they'll become louder.
Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:37 - Nov 6 with 1405 viewsDylanP

Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 17:58 - Nov 6 by charmr

Anyone else getting tired of backwards and sideways football in general.

Couple of times we have overloads and send it back.

Goal, still not a fan.

Definitely not

Don't you remember how dire it was watching us under Hasselbank's defensive style? Or how grim it was to watch us during the Hughes era.

Yeah, it can be a bit frustrating to watch them passing it backwards again, but this is an attack minded team with more goals than all but one team in the Division. I will take that for sure.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:41 - Nov 6 with 1325 viewsVancouverHoop

Poor corner from Chair leads to 'Pool break and necessary card for Albert. Careless.
Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:42 - Nov 6 with 1312 viewscharmr

I stuck my neck out and had it duly lobbed off.😃

Back to my cave dwelling with poor internet reception.
Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:43 - Nov 6 with 1289 viewsVancouverHoop

Pen. What a balls up.
Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:43 - Nov 6 with 1275 viewsR_from_afar

Bollox

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:43 - Nov 6 with 1265 viewsMalintabuk

Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:37 - Nov 6 by DylanP

Definitely not

Don't you remember how dire it was watching us under Hasselbank's defensive style? Or how grim it was to watch us during the Hughes era.

Yeah, it can be a bit frustrating to watch them passing it backwards again, but this is an attack minded team with more goals than all but one team in the Division. I will take that for sure.

Seny is having a mare he should have come for that the defender was running back..... and then he give a pen.... poor play by Dieng
Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:43 - Nov 6 with 1265 viewsHantsR

Pen defo. Seny lucky to stay on
Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:44 - Nov 6 with 1236 viewsVancouverHoop

1-1
Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:44 - Nov 6 with 1234 viewsMyke

Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:35 - Nov 6 by OldPedro

Typical Championship game - home side making most of the running and away team taking their chance.

Good to see Moses subbed at half time as I think he was likely to get sent off

Not sure I agree. Would rather have seen Kakay for Adomah. Kakay 's last game at left back not a conspicuous success. Adomah booked now too for lazy foul
Hope is a Good Thing Maybe the Best of Things and No Good Thing Ever Dies on 18:44 - Nov 6 with 1202 viewsstrikerace

1-1, ugh
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024