Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading - Six Point Deduction 14:11 - Nov 17 with 5945 viewsMaggsinho

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/nov/17/reading-agree-six-point-deducti

More chickens coming home to roost.
Reading - Six Point Deduction on 14:20 - Nov 17 with 4653 viewsJuzzie

Out of interest, how comes clubs are getting points deductions whereas we have been fined mahoosive amounts, the biggest ever in any world sport?

Different rules over the years? different 'crime'? etc.
Reading - Six Point Deduction on 14:27 - Nov 17 with 4617 viewsNorthernr

Reading - Six Point Deduction on 14:20 - Nov 17 by Juzzie

Out of interest, how comes clubs are getting points deductions whereas we have been fined mahoosive amounts, the biggest ever in any world sport?

Different rules over the years? different 'crime'? etc.

Different rules, they've changed since we were punished.
Also, we were promoted out of their jurisdiction for our breach, and then relegated back into it.
Reading - Six Point Deduction on 14:29 - Nov 17 with 4603 viewskensalriser

Ted will be so disappointed.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Reading - Six Point Deduction on 14:42 - Nov 17 with 4533 viewsEsox_Lucius

Dai Yongge? Nominative Determinism?

The grass is always greener.

Reading - Six Point Deduction on 16:07 - Nov 17 with 4278 viewsloftus77

Stating the obvious , but (if confirmed) I don't think they'll be appealing somehow....
Reading - Six Point Deduction on 16:14 - Nov 17 with 4230 viewsted_hendrix

Reading - Six Point Deduction on 14:29 - Nov 17 by kensalriser

Ted will be so disappointed.

To be honest I'm a bit indifferent about it, for the life of me I cant quite get my head around the facility for clubs to negotiate their respective punishment, there's no mitigating circumstances is there?
Get caught speeding you get fined don't you? there's no excuse for say doing 40 MPH In a 30 MPH zone.
I'm beyond trying to learn what the rules are anymore, I couldn't keep up with It.

Comments from the local oddball biscuit making f uck pigs whom seem to be delighted with the outcome.

@The Tilehurst End said: "Nice boost that it'll be a 6-point deduction rather than a 9-point one for #ReadingFC, but luck with injuries will probably have a bigger impact on our season. If things can improve on that front, we'll be fine for midtable. Playoffs probably out of reach, but not impossible."

Matheus @MaffRoyal - 2023/24 is the boom or bust season then I guess #ReadingFC

Royals Stu @RoyalStu1871 - 6 points is a huge result if true, that’s basically a bad week at the office in the championship (2 losses). #readingfc

alisterrfc @alisterrfc1 - Better then I expected more and enough quality to stay away from the relegation battle and reset for next season #readingfc

Dean Bennett @DeanBennett1993- Take the 6 points and move on. #readingfc

Jack @thesimpsonRFC - If it is six points and not nine then i wouldn't be too worried about Reading avoiding relegation. More than enough quality to get ourselves back up the table #readingfc

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Reading - Six Point Deduction on 16:57 - Nov 17 with 4075 viewshantssi

Reading - Six Point Deduction on 16:14 - Nov 17 by ted_hendrix

To be honest I'm a bit indifferent about it, for the life of me I cant quite get my head around the facility for clubs to negotiate their respective punishment, there's no mitigating circumstances is there?
Get caught speeding you get fined don't you? there's no excuse for say doing 40 MPH In a 30 MPH zone.
I'm beyond trying to learn what the rules are anymore, I couldn't keep up with It.

Comments from the local oddball biscuit making f uck pigs whom seem to be delighted with the outcome.

@The Tilehurst End said: "Nice boost that it'll be a 6-point deduction rather than a 9-point one for #ReadingFC, but luck with injuries will probably have a bigger impact on our season. If things can improve on that front, we'll be fine for midtable. Playoffs probably out of reach, but not impossible."

Royals Stu @RoyalStu1871 - 6 points is a huge result if true, that’s basically a bad week at the office in the championship (2 losses). #readingfc

alisterrfc @alisterrfc1 - Better then I expected more and enough quality to stay away from the relegation battle and reset for next season #readingfc

Jack @thesimpsonRFC - If it is six points and not nine then i wouldn't be too worried about Reading avoiding relegation. More than enough quality to get ourselves back up the table #readingfc

Thing is Ted you can negotiate (sort of) and do a course instead so no points on your licence.
Reading - Six Point Deduction on 17:31 - Nov 17 with 3939 viewsdanehoop

Wonder if Wayne Rooney's Derby County will appeal now.

Never knowingly understood

Login to get fewer ads

Reading - Six Point Deduction on 17:35 - Nov 17 with 3915 viewsJuzzie

Reading - Six Point Deduction on 17:31 - Nov 17 by danehoop

Wonder if Wayne Rooney's Derby County will appeal now.

Apparently they have changed their name back to just Derby County.

edit: I notice the news about Reading is at the top of their BBC Football page whereas the report about Derby (which was only ever at the bottom in the first place) has now gone completely from the main page. Can't be saying anything bad associated to Wayne Rooney now, can we.

[Post edited 17 Nov 2021 17:39]
Reading - Six Point Deduction on 17:49 - Nov 17 with 3822 viewsdaveB

Reading - Six Point Deduction on 17:35 - Nov 17 by Juzzie

Apparently they have changed their name back to just Derby County.

edit: I notice the news about Reading is at the top of their BBC Football page whereas the report about Derby (which was only ever at the bottom in the first place) has now gone completely from the main page. Can't be saying anything bad associated to Wayne Rooney now, can we.

[Post edited 17 Nov 2021 17:39]

It's still there

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59288687
Reading - Six Point Deduction on 17:55 - Nov 17 with 3789 viewsJuzzie

Reading - Six Point Deduction on 17:49 - Nov 17 by daveB

It's still there

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59288687

Yes, but not on the front page.
Reading - Six Point Deduction on 18:05 - Nov 17 with 3740 viewsdaveB

Reading - Six Point Deduction on 17:55 - Nov 17 by Juzzie

Yes, but not on the front page.

I doubt that has much to do with Wayne Rooney, more that it's a Championship team so there is less interest
Reading - Six Point Deduction on 18:07 - Nov 17 with 3721 viewsdaveB

Reading - Six Point Deduction on 16:57 - Nov 17 by hantssi

Thing is Ted you can negotiate (sort of) and do a course instead so no points on your licence.

almost every crime you can come to an agreement with the prosecution before hand and accept a lighter sentence.

ted is right though it is ridiculous and should just be a set punishment no arguments same as with a red card. You can appeal but if you lose the appeal they knock more points off
Reading - Six Point Deduction on 18:09 - Nov 17 with 3715 viewsthemodfather

why 6pts held over for next year? Efl decision making is a mindferk of inception levels!
anyway could be more to come for other clubs, forest always have large squads and must be high spenders?
you imagine stoke too, parachute payments over?
Reading - Six Point Deduction on 18:15 - Nov 17 with 3692 viewsTGRRRSSS

Wonder what Carrollls wages are???...
Reading - Six Point Deduction on 18:15 - Nov 17 with 3690 viewsterryb

It looks quite lenient to me, but if the full amount had been levied & appealed, it might not have been implemented this season.

A promise not to appeal appers to be worth a 50% reduction!
Reading - Six Point Deduction on 18:33 - Nov 17 with 3627 viewsted_hendrix

Comment from the local rag commentator;

This is a blow, but it could have been worse.

Most fans will feel Reading have managed their way out of this situation quite effectively, they've been negotiating with the EFL for the past few months to minimise the punishment.

Clearly they've overspent dramatically during the last three to four years so a punishment was inevitable.

The Reading owners need to be applauded for their ambition, but need a serious look who they take advice from when it comes to their transfer dealings.

Yes, well erm a six point deduction is to coin a phrase-pointless.

But carry on everybody, carry on negotiating your so called punishment.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Reading - Six Point Deduction on 18:57 - Nov 17 with 3546 viewsJuzzie

Reading - Six Point Deduction on 18:05 - Nov 17 by daveB

I doubt that has much to do with Wayne Rooney, more that it's a Championship team so there is less interest

Reading is at the top of the main page though.

I really do think there was a Wayne Rooney bias. We’ve all seen it ourselves from all media outlets with the non-stop “Wayne Rooney’s Derby County…..”. Suddenly, it’s stopped. I don’t think it’s a coincidence.
Reading - Six Point Deduction on 19:34 - Nov 17 with 3431 viewsHarbour

Reading - Six Point Deduction on 16:14 - Nov 17 by ted_hendrix

Am not so sure they will be safe…get a run of injuries they will not be able to spend much if at all come January. 4 points off bottom 3 is nothing in this division. Derby look down the other 2 places I would not write off Barnsley or Hull getting out of trouble. Think any 2 out of Peterborough Reading Hull Barnsley Cardiff could be in trouble.
Reading - Six Point Deduction on 20:21 - Nov 17 with 3265 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

Bowlocks. Was hoping they’d get more than 6. Their relegation would be a fine thing indeed.
Reading - Six Point Deduction on 20:24 - Nov 17 with 3259 viewsLazyFan

Swift is in the last year of his contract, come Jan he will want out.

Time to exploit the misery of others? Probably will go to a Prem club though who can get him for much cheapness.

However, once he's gone, with no replacements, I think we shall see them slip down the table. I think they will go with Derby under those circumstances.

I suspect we shall see Cardiff go with them as well. Then Moore will be available.

zzzzzzzzzz

Reading - Six Point Deduction on 20:39 - Nov 17 with 3196 viewsdaveB

Reading - Six Point Deduction on 18:57 - Nov 17 by Juzzie

I really do think there was a Wayne Rooney bias. We’ve all seen it ourselves from all media outlets with the non-stop “Wayne Rooney’s Derby County…..”. Suddenly, it’s stopped. I don’t think it’s a coincidence.

so was Derby yesterday, they'll be off the main page by the morning.

Rooney is a big name so will always be a big selling point in stories, he's done surprisingly well this season I thought he'd be a terrible manager. They are obviously going down but they have looked quite well organised.
Reading - Six Point Deduction on 21:37 - Nov 17 with 3035 viewsstowmarketrange

Reading - Six Point Deduction on 20:39 - Nov 17 by daveB

so was Derby yesterday, they'll be off the main page by the morning.

Rooney is a big name so will always be a big selling point in stories, he's done surprisingly well this season I thought he'd be a terrible manager. They are obviously going down but they have looked quite well organised.

I thought that was more down to mclaren working alongside of him rather than Rooney on his own.
Reading - Six Point Deduction on 08:36 - Nov 18 with 2643 viewsTheChef

Reading - Six Point Deduction on 18:57 - Nov 17 by Juzzie

It's not what Wayne knows, it's who Wayne knows *funny handshake*

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Reading - Six Point Deduction on 10:07 - Nov 18 with 2527 viewsfrancisbowles

Back to Reading. It's a six point deduction plus a further six suspended, on condition they keep to, an agreed with the Football League, business plan.

I have heard on TV reports that it includes a 25% reduction in their budget for next season and may mean they have to sell players in January. I would expect they knew the outcome before #announce Carroll.

As for negotiating it, Football League don't want a legal case as it's costly and if they lost would upset the whole P&S scenario and possibly lead to further cases by already punished clubs. Hence they are open to negotiation.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024