Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread 08:53 - Nov 24 with 20916 viewsnix

Okay, I'm taking the plunge because I'm brave that way.

Apologies, it's my first match thread - and possibly my last.

2-2 Dykes and Chair.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 8:54]
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 19:43 - Nov 24 with 3366 viewsRs_Holy

1-1
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 19:50 - Nov 24 with 3252 viewsSuperhoops2808

Anybody else's red button not working
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 19:52 - Nov 24 with 3195 viewsVancouverHoop

Good chances at both ends already.
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 19:57 - Nov 24 with 3057 viewsToast_R

Good refereeing so far
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 19:57 - Nov 24 with 3057 viewsVancouverHoop

Dieng has needed to make three excellent saves so far.
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 20:00 - Nov 24 with 2954 viewsDees

Edited
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 20:03]
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 20:00 - Nov 24 with 2951 viewsVancouverHoop

Wallace with an excellent last ditch block. No way this ends 0-0
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 20:05 - Nov 24 with 2763 viewsVancouverHoop

Barbet on to the bar. Dykes would love this match
Login to get fewer ads

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 20:06 - Nov 24 with 2708 viewsVancouverHoop

Good ref tonight too. Really lets them play
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 20:08 - Nov 24 with 2664 viewsMick_S

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 19:50 - Nov 24 by Superhoops2808

Yes -feckin shocking. Friend of ours has no problem. We have Bristol Stoke comms.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 20:14 - Nov 24 with 2415 viewsVancouverHoop

Chair gets a card for a necessary shirt pull. Both teams have similar styles which is making this a thrilling really well played contest.
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 20:21 - Nov 24 with 2190 viewsToast_R

Thus Uddersfield team don't look at that. We need to attack the penalty box area more
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 20:24 - Nov 24 with 2071 viewsVancouverHoop

Toffolo is owning Albert on the right. Huddersfield's defensive coverage is first rate.
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 20:27 - Nov 24 with 1982 viewsVancouverHoop

Willock puts the ball on Charlie's right foot but he cuts it wide.
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 20:27 - Nov 24 with 1973 viewsToast_R

Austin trying too hard I reckon. His once uncanny range of finishing given way to wildly lashing at any presentable chance.
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 20:29 - Nov 24 with 1910 viewsMick_S

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 20:21 - Nov 24 by Toast_R

Thus Uddersfield team don't look at that. We need to attack the penalty box area more

Yep

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 20:35 - Nov 24 with 1721 viewsVancouverHoop

HT

We're winning the possession game. But there's not much room, or time, to do anything with it so far.

I may have been wrong about 0-0 being out of the question.
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 20:37 - Nov 24 with 1647 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Think we're a bit unlucky not to be ahead and have played really well. Notably SJ, Dozell, Wallace and Barbet are having stormers.
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 20:39 - Nov 24 with 1597 viewsMalintabuk

Deffo a night to hark back to the lock down days..... bloomin' freezing here tonight, and really not a lot to warm you up
Neither team looks likely to score and the closest was that header onto the bar
Not sure who to single out as particularly good, think I can safely say that no-one is having a mare ..... 11 OK performances
Typical championship match with 2 teams basically cancelling each other out.
Still another 45 to go and can only hope for some using the tempo
Brrrrrrr
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 20:42 - Nov 24 with 1487 viewsdavman

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 20:35 - Nov 24 by VancouverHoop

HT

We're winning the possession game. But there's not much room, or time, to do anything with it so far.

I may have been wrong about 0-0 being out of the question.

Atmos very, very, very flat tonight. Probably why it feels like very little excitement so far.

Great refereeing when he played an advantage after a foul on Dozell (who is having a great game), but shocking when he let the Udders player ref for him after a brilliant tackle by Albert.

Barbet, some great blocks then misplaced passes sums it up. At the moment both defences look comfortable. We are missing a different option from Charlie up top. I know he's had difficulties over this season, but he is looking off the pace somewhat again. We have no option though apart from Chair and Willock up top??

Hopefully we will up the tempo this half.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 20:42 - Nov 24 with 1480 viewsStanisgod

Like watching the scum under Morhino, udders that is.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 20:44 - Nov 24 with 1427 viewsstainrods_elbow

Good, entertaining half, albeit a lack of final touch of quality from us. 'Uddersfield defending well and counter-attacking at pace now and then, while pulling back their entire team to block off spaces and runs. We've huffed and puffed with occasional flashes of panache, but it's basically been all foreplay and little penetration - nine shots, only one on target: Barbet unlucky with a back-header from a corner off the bar; Charlie should have done better with a side footer from a Willock cross, then spinning to curl over. Some industrious performances aql over the park - Dozzell and Johansen have dovetailed well - so it's really just the cutting edge we've lacked.

Could go either way, or neither way - with both defences on top, I can foresee an engaging 0-0, as unfortunately we don't have any very attacking options off the bench. A lot may depend on second-half tactics, so let's hope it's the Warblemeister who comes up smiling.

PS Still don't know why Austin, at 32, looks 39! Can't believe how much he's aged since his loan spell.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 20:46]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 20:46 - Nov 24 with 1400 viewsVancouverHoop

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 20:42 - Nov 24 by davman

Atmos very, very, very flat tonight. Probably why it feels like very little excitement so far.

Great refereeing when he played an advantage after a foul on Dozell (who is having a great game), but shocking when he let the Udders player ref for him after a brilliant tackle by Albert.

Barbet, some great blocks then misplaced passes sums it up. At the moment both defences look comfortable. We are missing a different option from Charlie up top. I know he's had difficulties over this season, but he is looking off the pace somewhat again. We have no option though apart from Chair and Willock up top??

Hopefully we will up the tempo this half.

Agreed re: Charlie. Can't help but think Dykes would have caused more problems, we've actually put a fair few balls into the box.
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 20:48 - Nov 24 with 1343 viewsLythamR

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 20:08 - Nov 24 by Mick_S

Yes -feckin shocking. Friend of ours has no problem. We have Bristol Stoke comms.

i was getting sky news when hitting the red button, rebooting the box fixed it for me, no problems since

we need to get more touches inside the box, if austin gets enough touches he will score obvious but easier said than done
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 20:52 - Nov 24 with 1255 viewsDorse

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 19:50 - Nov 24 by Superhoops2808

There's an innuendo in there somewhere.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024