Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread 08:53 - Nov 24 with 20905 viewsnix

Okay, I'm taking the plunge because I'm brave that way.

Apologies, it's my first match thread - and possibly my last.

2-2 Dykes and Chair.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 8:54]
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 21:54 - Nov 24 with 2642 viewsMalintabuk

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 21:46 - Nov 24 by EmpireStateRanger

Real edge of the seat stuff. A very good match. We looked great in the second half. I’m absolutely thrilled for Luke. Really good, smart performances all around… can’t think of anyone who stood out negatively.

Just popped some bubbles here to start some Thanksgiving celebrations here in the States… seeing us in fourth (one point off of third) is amazing! Well done Rangers!

Sitting in the car first time I have felt my feet for 3 hours and welllllll
Nearly thought we gave that away as that was a blatant pen with Barbet charged into Campbells back.... there were plenty of groans around that challenge
But what a great win
Much better 2nd half and hope with all fingers crossed that Jo Jo is not hurt as he was immense the 2nd half
Have noticed that he plays deeper in the 1st half and pushes forward in the 2nd and it works so well
Seny good game and the defence was really solid and Wallace as made such a difference to that defence
MOTM Jo Jo for me on that 2nd half performance
And the highlight of the game the goal celebration. I don't think I have seen a group of players celebrate a goal as much as that, it meant so much to that team, and it sums this team up
Great stuff you Rssss and dare we dream
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 21:55 - Nov 24 with 2619 viewsCiderwithRsie

Delighted to be proved wrong. Cautious approach by Huddersfield may have helped?

On paper I would expect us to win but we've thrown away so many points this season I'm delighted we banked these three.

Getting close to having a fully-fit squad now and I think maybe it's starting to show.
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 21:56 - Nov 24 with 2583 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT
1-0 to us - and we deserved it.
We just had that touch more flair - don't you think?
And Chair - he's so impressive - and Willock - are such vital cogs in our team.
They are such creative partners along with Wallace combining on the overlap.
What was so important is that skipper Jojo is steadily improving as the weeks go by.
He is the engine room after all.
Four 30 year old plusses in the team - and they all contributed.
Charlie, Albert, Wallace and Jojo.
Experience does count - along with the young guns.
And what a moment for 71st minute sub Luke Amos.
He's suffered with so much injury in the last two years that it was his close range header. six minutes from time, that separated the sides.
It was our 30th successive time we've scored in the league.
33 in a row is our best-ever?
You could say this was a smooth performance from our team.
Ok we did miss a couple of clear chances - Charlie and Chair.
But we were hardly troubled in defence - yes some heart flutters, but another clean sheet.
Dozzell - before he was substituted - another useful effort.
Shame Dykes was injured - hoping he returns on Monday at Derby.
So it's fourth place, one point behind West Brom, 11 points from our last 5 unbeaten games - 3 wins, two draws.
What's not to like?
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 21:56 - Nov 24 with 2568 viewsHooparoo

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 21:50 - Nov 24 by danehoop

Scoring 30 games in a row, beating a tough bogey side, up to 4th and Amos scoring. If Carlsberg made good nights......

Can I have Tuborg instead?

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 21:57 - Nov 24 with 2535 viewsderbyhoop

Good win. Hard fought. Looked a bit open at times, but we always managed to shut the door.

Pleased for Amos.

Hard choice for MOM. Dieing good, Dunne superb, SJ running the show.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 21:58 - Nov 24 with 2501 viewsCiderwithRsie

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 21:47 - Nov 24 by nix

Only nine points behind Bournemouth now....

If I've done my sums right we have gained 4 points on them in the last 5 games.
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 21:59 - Nov 24 with 2489 viewsRangersw12

We looked like a proper side tonight and if Charlie had his shooting boots on could have won by 3 or 4.

Hudds looked decent enough but didn't really show mucb ambition and just tried to make it difficult for us especially in the 2nd half

Dunne was immense tonight and thought JoJo was back to his best.

Something is stirring in W12 and feels like we can go up a couple of gears.

Come on Rangers
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 21:59 - Nov 24 with 2470 viewsnix

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 21:45 - Nov 24 by Dorse

Nix has the baton. I vote she remains in charge until the inevitable gob-bumming that lurks round the corner

I'm grateful for the realism Dorse.

As it's WRDC next I think I may only be delighting you all with one more match thread.

I shall forever remember the glory day though. Me and Luke Amos celebrating together.
Login to get fewer ads

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 22:01 - Nov 24 with 2399 viewsstainrods_elbow

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 21:57 - Nov 24 by derbyhoop

Good win. Hard fought. Looked a bit open at times, but we always managed to shut the door.

Pleased for Amos.

Hard choice for MOM. Dieing good, Dunne superb, SJ running the show.

I thought Dozzell did well tonight. But, really and truly, they all did - it was a genuine 90 minute performance from a team that has blown hot and cold at times this term.

If I wore a hat, I'd tip it to our boys tonight!
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 22:02]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 22:02 - Nov 24 with 2384 viewsstevec

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 21:52 - Nov 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

Happy clappers, bed wetters, Frankie Knuckles, Lefties, Righties, multiple account holders, cheese enthusiasts, Jaffa Cakers, and Brian McCarthy.

4th place!

No fcking fighting!

And you can now legitimately say we’re on target for 78 points. Well 77.47 but I won’t split hairs tonight.
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 22:02 - Nov 24 with 2389 viewsHAYESBOY

Great win and fully deserved on the play. 59% of the ball and 22 efforts to their 10.
So pleased for Amos and you could see the players were as well.
Chair and Willock are what really makes us tick higher up the pitch.
Johansen and Dozzell also can pick a pass. We have players coming back so competition for places if someone drops off.
Is that 30 games on the trot now where we have scored? Think coms said the record was 33.

Derby next with a nice break. They have had a couple of good results so will be a tough game.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 22:05 - Nov 24 with 2340 viewsnix

Just checked Derby's recent results. They've drawn with Millwall and Fulham and beaten Bournemouth, so it won't be easy.
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 22:05 - Nov 24 with 2320 viewsGreenbay

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 21:59 - Nov 24 by nix

As it's WRDC next I think I may only be delighting you all with one more match thread.

I shall forever remember the glory day though. Me and Luke Amos celebrating together.

Nix - you deserve to celebrate with Luke.
Hopefully you'll be starting the match thread for several weeks!!
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 22:07 - Nov 24 with 2283 viewsdistortR

in our 8 games up to and including fulham, we conceded 17 goals. In the 8 games since, we've conceded 4. I know the opposition hasn't been like for like, but even so...........
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 22:07 - Nov 24 with 2274 viewsMick_S

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 21:59 - Nov 24 by nix

Nixs’ fookin w ankers match day thread. Actually, don’t as it might double jinx it.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 22:12 - Nov 24 with 2172 viewstoreqpr

sitting in Trondheim Norway Just crying like a baby We ve won Some know me some dont .But Ive been a Rs fan since 73 Regular i n the C&s since 83. But I have Not been able to come to matches since 2014 It justvhurt too much I can not last 90+ min in our narrow seats ,sorry but to you who know me uRs. Dont write much but tonight just had to do Love u all my unknown friends.
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 22:13 - Nov 24 with 2159 viewsBeckenhamhoop

🧐 🪑

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 22:15 - Nov 24 with 2123 viewsnix

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 22:13 - Nov 24 by Beckenhamhoop

🧐 🪑

Put you on to defend, not score goals, @markwarburton.
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 22:29 - Nov 24 with 1932 viewsDieByYourSide

Argument for that being one of our best overall performances of the season imo. Felt like a big win in the ground, momentum building as we look to solidify ourselves in that top 6 and to get two wins on the bounce with all the injuries we have is very encouraging.

Stef MOM for me but Dunne was brilliant as well, slotting in very well considering it’s his first season with us…De Wijs will have a job getting that shirt back on current form.

Huddersfield were tidy and felt all three results were possible at HT but they showed no ambition after the break. Deserved win.

EIEIEIO

Poll: And it's hi ho

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 22:31 - Nov 24 with 1900 viewsRs_Holy

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 22:02 - Nov 24 by HAYESBOY

Great win and fully deserved on the play. 59% of the ball and 22 efforts to their 10.
So pleased for Amos and you could see the players were as well.
Chair and Willock are what really makes us tick higher up the pitch.
Johansen and Dozzell also can pick a pass. We have players coming back so competition for places if someone drops off.
Is that 30 games on the trot now where we have scored? Think coms said the record was 33.

Derby next with a nice break. They have had a couple of good results so will be a tough game.

34 games if you count the cup matches👍
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 22:33 - Nov 24 with 1867 viewsNorthantsHoop

Super performance tonight, Johansen on top form, hope his injury won't keep him out too long. Great subs by Warburton and pleased for Amos, scoring the winner.
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 22:40 - Nov 24 with 1767 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 21:52 - Nov 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

Happy clappers, bed wetters, Frankie Knuckles, Lefties, Righties, multiple account holders, cheese enthusiasts, Jaffa Cakers, and Brian McCarthy.

4th place!

No fcking fighting!

Hey!

How did I get drawn into this!!!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 22:43 - Nov 24 with 1736 viewsted_hendrix

I thought SJ 'owned' that second half, some of his quick thinking passing must be awful to defend against.
If he plays like that for another 20 odd games then who knows?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 22:43 - Nov 24 with 1732 viewstraininvain

Impressive performance. Huddersfield no mugs and the game was stretched at times. But we went up a gear after half time and deserved the win.

Pleased for Amos after all he’s been through with injuries.
Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 23:10 - Nov 24 with 1525 viewsstowmarketrange

Just another must win/or not with high press malarkey - Hddersfild Match Thread on 22:12 - Nov 24 by toreqpr

sitting in Trondheim Norway Just crying like a baby We ve won Some know me some dont .But Ive been a Rs fan since 73 Regular i n the C&s since 83. But I have Not been able to come to matches since 2014 It justvhurt too much I can not last 90+ min in our narrow seats ,sorry but to you who know me uRs. Dont write much but tonight just had to do Love u all my unknown friends.

We were sat right behind the Norwegian flag at the loft end.Surprised that it only appeared for the 2nd half,but it brought us luck again.Another good win.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024